RMS and/or PC Charge Problems

We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge:

For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped
or keyed into the system:

•	DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages)
•	DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction)
•	TIMED OUT

Attempted solutions:

•	Turned modem off and on
•	Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in
•	Turned the server on/off
•	Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS
•	RMS said it is PC Charge
•	Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS

What works:

•	Entering the cc# in manually by forcing it
•	Waiting a few days….this really works!

In the past we use to do all our transactions through Direct Way, but had
duplicate transactions every day.  We went to the modem because it was to
have fewer problems……Any information, help, ideas would be welcome.

0
bookie (2)
2/15/2005 11:55:09 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Just a couple of guesses...

Check the setup of the MSR - there is a knowledge base article that tells
you the format the reader should be sending to RMS.  If the track data is
not returned in the correct format, you can get some odd results, even
though it may look like the dialog box is being completed correctly with the
card number and date.

Make sure that PC Charge is in the correct state - if the report screen is
open for example, you may get time outs.  PC Charge should be on the credit
card auth screen (Note - this applied to PC CHarge Payment Server - I'm not
sure if PRO would be affected)

DENIED is not necessarily a problem with your set up - those could be valid

Your duplicates could be coming from either of the above issues - those are
probably secondary errors to some other condition.

Good Luck!

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"Bookie" <Bookie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge:
>
> For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is
> swiped
> or keyed into the system:
>
> . DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages)
> . DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction)
> . TIMED OUT
>
> Attempted solutions:
>
> . Turned modem off and on
> . Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in
> . Turned the server on/off
> . Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS
> . RMS said it is PC Charge
> . Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS
>

> What works:
>
> . Entering the cc# in manually by forcing it
> . Waiting a few days..this really works!
>
> In the past we use to do all our transactions through Direct Way, but had
> duplicate transactions every day.  We went to the modem because it was to
> have fewer problems..Any information, help, ideas would be welcome.

0
glenn1806 (721)
2/16/2005 3:19:26 PM
Use a mag tec card swipe works great. Other problems could be users, and if
you are useing a dial up is is not very good on Pc charge even though they
say it works nothing but problems. You could increase your time out value.

0
Rick5747 (287)
2/17/2005 1:17:42 AM
on the time out problem, Glenn is most likely right.  9 times out of 10 it's
because you have settled at the end of the day and then minimized while still
on that screen.  You have to make sure to return to the sales screen before
minimizing pc charge.  I also found that if the user wasn't a power user this
caused problems w/ pc charge.

hope this helps,
-Bill
www.thescooterstore.com

"rick" wrote:

> Use a mag tec card swipe works great. Other problems could be users, and if
> you are useing a dial up is is not very good on Pc charge even though they
> say it works nothing but problems. You could increase your time out value.

0
wgrohman (15)

Problem with datagram socket
Hi to all, I've this problem: I create a datagram socket. I create datagram socket with function 'Create'. The line of my code when I create is: m_pSocket->Create(port,SOCK_DGRAM,FD_READ | FD_WRITE | FD_OOB | FD_ACCEPT | FD_CONNECT | FD_CLOSE,strAddress); Now when I send, I' ve error in runtime at this line: m_pSocket->SendTo(Response,dwSize,porttx,ipAddress); the error is 'svchost: sink socket notification'. Where I make an error??I can't find it!! Create(..) is used for UDP and listening sockets. If you want to connect to a listing socket then you nee...

Internal problem on XmlDocument.Load( )
I have this really frustrating problem when calling XmlDocument.Load(string filename). Whenever I call this method in a web application in my Windows XP development PC, I get the following error: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: The specified value must be greater than 0. Here's the stack trace: ------------------------- [ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Specified argument was out of the range of valid values. Parameter name: The specified value must be greater than 0.] System.Net.ServicePoint.set_ConnectionLimit(Int32 value) +60 System.Xml.XmlDo...

migrating to a new PC
How do I move my inbox, sent msgs, or my other personal folders from an existing outlook express to a new one on a new PC? (windows 98 to XP) Tx Ramin <ramin@ovs.org> wrote: > How do I move my inbox, sent msgs, or my other personal > folders from an existing outlook express to a new one on > a new PC? (windows 98 to XP) Tx Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup and see http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/ -- Brian Tillman ...

Digital signature problems
I have created a template with macros, but to run them my coworkers have to set their macro security settings to low. (I don't have this problem because for some reason my machine is "stuck" on low security and can't be changed). I work on a DOD computer and I can attach a DOD certified signature to the project, but apparently only other DOD computers accept that as a trusted source automatically. 1) Does anyone know if a non-DOD computer can somehow be told to accept the digital signature as a trusted source so it can work on their computer without having to reset the mac...

Sort by Large, Offset from Match, Duplicate values problem
Heya all, I have a large list of dynamic data, which I am organizing in different ways. I realize this can all be done in PivotTables, but we have to do this the olde fashioned way. The table I am drawing the info from looks roughly like this: Worksheet: DATA Player Buy-In Cash-Out Difference # Times entered Joe SHMOE $930 $900 $30 1 Sam DOG $0 $0 $0 0 Peter BLAH $100 $1000 $900 22 Doug FINN $500 $0 $500 22 I am using =LARGE, =SMALL on the columns to sort the data, and then MATCH...

Pivot table page field problem
I have set up a pivot table with a page field for account name. I'm having a problem where I select an account from the page field drop down box, but when the pivot table updates, some of the time it shows data for a different account. For instance, if I select Supplies, the page field will show Supplies after my choice, but if I double click on a cell in the table itself, the resulting data is for Travel expense. It's not consistently wrong, just sometimes. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so, how did you fix it? Perhaps some of the captions were accidentally changed. You...

Excel Saving problem
Hi, I am using vb.NET code to create Excel. I am using Office XP professional. .NET framework 1.1 is used. Now when I save any Excel from my .NET code, a short cut (.lnk file) is created for that particular xls file and containing folder. This is really strange problem. I have not coded for creating short cut. Please help me in this regard. Thanks and Regards, Shishir --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Shared Spreadsheet Problem
Excel 2003 We have a small group of users who share a spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is about 2 MB in size. The users have complained that the spreadsheet scrolls very slowly. As I understand it, the users clean the data out of the spreadsheet each month, but at the moment it is not clear to me how they do that. My preference would be that they have a template file that they use to start fresh each month, but my guess is that they simply delete the data at the end of the month and then enter the data for the new month into the same spreadsheet file. What would cause a shared file to...

Multi-selection problem in Excel XP and 2003
We have an Excel report in a dinamic table that gets external data from an Analisys Services cube. The cube in Analisys Services has many dimentions and measurments, one of them uses the Distinc Count function (agregate function) and the others use the Sum function. In the dinamic table, values are shown rigth when on each page field (dimension in Analisys Services) multi-selection is not checked, that is, if we choose the measure with the distinct count, the right value is shown. However if we check the multi-selection on any page field and we choose any filter to analize, then the va...

Variation on dependant Lists problem
Hi, Is it possible to programme Excel so that if you enter a particula value in A1 it will enter an associated text in A2. For instance, I a trying to create a stock-control sheet. Each piece of stock has a cod and a description. I would like to be able to enter the code in colum A, which will automatically enter the description in column B. I kno how to create dependant lists using data validation and wondered i there was a variation on this function that would solve my problem. Many thanks And -- andyp16 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- andyp16...

Time problem
I would like to create a formula that does the following: A2 - Time from B2 - Time to C2 - Break duration (mins, hours) D2 = A2 - B2 - C2 The problem is that I can't find a way to subtract the duration (C2). "Jon" <Jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to create a formula that does the following: > A2 - Time from > B2 - Time to > C2 - Break duration (mins, hours) > D2 = A2 - B2 - C2 That should be B2 - A2 - C2, assuming that "time from" is start time and "time to" is end time. > The problem is that I can't find ...

RMS Store Operations 3.0 Beta
Anybody knows where and how to sign-up for the beta program? I checked customer source but did not get any hits. If you will receive this information, please, give me also. Thanks in advance. "Gerd" wrote: > Anybody knows where and how to sign-up for the beta program? I checked > customer source but did not get any hits. > After not making any progress I finally submitted a non-technical support incident to MS tech. support inquiring about the beta program. All I got back from them was to check with my partner. I have forwarded the reply to my partner who is tr...

OFT problem
Office / Outlook 2003 SP2 XP Pro SP2 Exchange 2003 STD SP2 I created a template to use when new employees are hired. Real simple. When I send the message I just replace the user information such as username, PC name, etc. The template creates an HTML message that includes my sig which has a gif attached. Today I noticed that if I BCC the email to anyone else (an admin or the new user's boss) the text of the message reverts back to the original template. For instance, I replace "USERNAME" with "joeblow" and send the message. In my Sent Items folder and in the reci...

Scrollbar problem
When i use scrollbars in any window that needs it, somethimes i get a bug, this is when the window is resized the scrollbar can be used, but it presents the thumb size correctly, can anybody help me with this??? ...

problem on sending messages
when I click "send" on the message that I have just written it goes to the outbox but it doesn't remain in italic font and so when I connect to Internet (I have dial-up connection) it doesn't send it. I cannot send any message and I hav reviewed all the configuration according to the "help" of the program and everything is OK Anybody can help me? ...

Problem with being diconnected form DB.
We moved GP9 from SQL2000, Server 2000 to a new server with SQL 2005, Server 2003. Every works great, but every once in a while a user seems to get disconnected from the server, almost like a timeout. We don't know if the problem is coming from GP, SQL, or Server 2003. Does anyone have any ideas what may cause this? Another application that has databases on the same server throws an error that the session has been terminated by the user logging on a second time or by the administrator. Both of these errors seem to occur when the user has been idle for a period of time and then tries...

A problem with popup window
Hi, I have a weird problem with a popup window in a MDI application. I've created a popup window from inside my CView class, using the following: MyCWndDerivedClass *PopupWindow = new MyCWndDerivedClass; CRect rectInitialSize(200,200,500,500); PopupWindow ->CreateEx(NULL, NULL, "The Title of the window",WS_POPUP | WS_CHILD | WS_CAPTION | WS_CLIPSIBLINGS | WS_THICKFRAME ,rectInitialSize, this, NULL, NULL); SegmentWindow->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); The window opened and everything seemed fine, but then I've noticed that if I switch to another program and then t...

exmerge problem
I'm trying to run the exmerge program but I got the error message"the application has failed to start because EXCHMEM.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix the problem. I reinstalled mut got the same message. Please help. The EXCHMEM.DLL is not in the current environment path. You can add it to the path or copy the file into the directory with your ExMerge install. -- Regards, Frank Castro fcastro@online.microsoft.com "liblib" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182901c3fbe4$128b7330$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I'm ...

finacial problems
"You have to go to school and waste years and money before you can make a decent income" bullshit. This is a no bullshit approach. The biggest moron in the world can make money. I'll show you step by step in specific detail how. I will prove to you it works. It's so easy and obvious you will either laugh or cry when I reveal my secrets! Paypal $20 to itsjusttooeasy@gmail.com Within a day you can be started. Thanks, and you're welcome! Joe ...

Combo Box Holding Database Connection Problem
Hi there all! In basic terms - anyone know how to stop combo boxes from `holding open` connections to a database that its using to populate its rows (or put another way, force a combo box based on large datasets to fully populate itself when a form opens) ......................... In more detail - My form has combo boxes which have standard sql statements to a MS SQL 2000 server backend for its datasource. There may be 1000's of records in this. having smaller recordsets is not an option. When you first open a form, combo boxes connect to the db and start to draw down data. Howev...

Problems with Public Folders
I recently upgraded my Ex2K Server to sp3 and in so doing upgraded my OWA installation. Here's the problem After installing sp3, the Public Folders became available in OWA apparently with no discretion with regard to the user. I decided to change the permissions on the Public Folder and restrict the availability to only certain users using ESM. Apparently, this was a huge mistake. I inadvertently deleted the Owner of the Public Folders and now none of the users on the network can see the Public Folders. Apparently having Admin privileges is not a substitute for the owner role 1. Ho...

email problem 01-17-10
When I try to open a link in my email this happens a box opens up and it says Windows cannot find ....://app.bronto.com/public/?q=ulink&fn=Link&ssid=12675&id=8dmdblwywn99kzyb5wmq... Make sure you typed the name correctly, and the try again this happens for everylink I try to open in my email I have Mozilla Firefox as my default but I changed it to IE and it did the same thing I have Vista Home. Eventhough the box comes up with the error it does eventually open up the link but I always get the error box first. Thank You -- Sylvia King Go to Control Panel...

NUMBER PROBLEM
Greetings. I am using EXCEL 2003. I have a column in WORD that contains rows of numbers of varying lengths (see below). I want to copy this column and insert it into a column in EXCEL, but when I do this decimals are automatically added, and some rows result in calculations. How do I do this copying and inserting so the number stay exactly as they are in the WORD column (no calculations, no decimal points, etc). Please explain in easy English because I am new to EXCEL. Thanks. 23444555 243444 44444445454545545777788 45456565 52 1132434 etc. Try this........... First, format the ...

Outlook Send/receive problem #2
After working properly sending and auto-receiving email, my Outlook 2003 stopped receiving (downloading)my email (both auto and manually). I followed the help instructions, but that did not fix the problem. Advice please. Thanx ...

Custom Web Part Problem after Restore
Hi, I've recently moved our sharepoint site and databases (using Microsoft Internal Database) to another standalone server. I did a catastrophic backup and then restored it on the destination server successfully via the central Administration page. I have also copied our custom web part library dll to 'c:\windows\assembly' directory and 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80\bin' directory. I also copied over the old web.config file to 'C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\wss\VirtualDirectories\80'. However, I still seem to be missing something as I get the...