RMS Addins by Hooks

-------------------------------------

Hi good day to everyone. Can anybody help me regarding my problems calling
my test dll by hook, i have successfully call a dll using a custom button
but i have a problem calling it thru hooks. i have read the customization
guide im just confuse regarding incrementing the hook number (000-029) it
says i must add 1, so i made a new hook with a number 030. Was it right?
inside it i put the hooktype,objectname and parameter value required by
the hook being used. Thank you very much.

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

responding to
http://www.beansmart.com/point-of-sale/RMS-Addins-by-Hooks-44176-.htm
rjovel wrote:
natuyk wrote:

-------------------------------------
Roger Jovel
IT / RMS Developer

fisrt you have to check in the registry of the machine the numbers of
hooks that
you are using. starts with 0 to 29, if all are filled you can't add moore,
maybe
you will need to convert to into one of the same type of event (refresh,
tender,
tenderend, etc).
hope this help.

responding to
http://www.beansmart.com/point-of-sale/RMS-Addins-by-Hooks-44176-.htm
natuyk wrote:
Sir thank you very much but i was wrong and didnt understand how active
the hook trigger, now i understand and know how to active the hook and
trigger my dll to run.

Right now sir can u still help with my new problem. I need to get the
scanned item or manually entered itemcode before rms delete it when the
item entered was not found on the database.Actually i just want to have a
beep when an item is not found because on RMS only Error Message telling
that the item is not found on the database.Please help me thank you very
much

-------------------------------------

responding to
http://www.beansmart.com/point-of-sale/RMS-Addins-by-Hooks-44176-.htm
rjovel wrote:

natuyk wrote:

did you still need help, i was out from the internet since my last repply.
please write me rjovel@gmail.com

-------------------------------------
Roger Jovel
IT / RMS Developer

responding to
http://www.beansmart.com/point-of-sale/RMS-Addins-by-Hooks-44176-.htm
rjovel wrote:

natuyk wrote:

write me rjovel@gmail.com

-------------------------------------
Roger Jovel
IT / RMS Developer

RMS Live Chat: Aug 11 2005 10AM PST
Hi all, The next live chat in the MBS chat room will take place on Thursday, August 11th 2005, from 10 to 11 a.m. PST. The topic is Headquarters Connectivity and Worksheets. Here's a description: Microsoft Retail Management System: Headquarters Connectivity and Worksheets Microsoft Retail Management System experts Dan Reed, Niranj Srinivasan, and Tim Cooper will answer your questions about Headquarters connectivity and worksheets. Please click on the link below to add the event to your calendar. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/chats/vcs/05_0811_Busi_10.ics Thanks! Hope to s...

RMS reports should support Arabic and non-english languages
I'm using RMS v2 and i need to make reports that displays arabic language, and RMS doesn't currently support this. we had to make all our reports using external programs so I think that's a major disadvantage and should be fixed. We should be able to change to the font of the report, Please vote for it! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggest...

RMS User Question/Problem
Hello, I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it (for the first time) it asks me user ID and password, but have not yet established one, and is the first time I run the program! (Or is it comes with some standard user / default?) User ID: 1 Password: password Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. "F.Misle" <F.Misle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B29A28E5-315C-4A1A-9490-A497651736A0@microsoft.com... > Hello, > I Downloaded and installed Microsoft Dynamics RMS, but when I first run it > (for the first...

RMS to Quickbooks #2
Sadly, we are changing our software. here is my question, does anybody know if we can move all data (PO, SO, WO, Quotes, inventory and clients) from Retail Management Solutions to Quickbooks Enterprise Solutions 6.0 ? The idea of creating a N number of reports for clients and another N number for items, and trying to import them in Quickbooks is just tedious. There should be an easy way, right ? Real easy don't do it. Not going to work very well "JuanSe" <JuanSe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2658899-8325-4EAF-BFF7-FB7375EAD7D7@microsoft.com... >...

SWAT Search for RMS Special Offer
NEW YEAR'S SPECIAL (good thru 1/5/08) ============================== SWAT Search for RMS: $99 per store location license (unlimited lanes/workstations). Normally priced per lane. Add extended search functions to Microsoft RMS including tag and sell, sale price visibility, in stock only, filtered search, price range, and more. Examples: "What's a great gift item between $40 and $50 for someone who likes XYZ products?" "What's on sale today in dept X? When does the sale price end?" "What brand X items do you have in stock?" Search for and tag items then...

RMS 2 test install
Last night I installed 2.0 on my test machine. The server upgrade from MSDE went smooth as did the install. I then upgraded the database from SOA, again no problems. I was able to look things over from SOM and everything seemed to work fine except the ADD button on the PO screen. When I click it, nothing happens. I tried from an 'old' PO, then I made a new PO and it still did nothing. I saw 2 older posts about this, but no replies as to if the issue was resolved. Obviously, I have no way to test the POS module, so I am still holding out for a little while before running the REA...

Item creation date is wrong (RMS 1.2 SP3)
I created some new POS items yesterday. When I tried to extract the new items for my QB interface I did not get any records. When running a qry agains the Item table I found that the creation date for all new items was set to 2004-04-02 14:52:07.000. Not only is the date wrong but the time did not change either. However the last updated date shows the correct date and time. My problem is that I need to filter on the creation date as I only want to extract the newly created items. Anybody has an idea why I have the wrong creation date? The system date of the PC (XP SP2) shows the corre...

RMS version 1.2 Database not connecting on register 2
I have a RMS system using version 1.2 that I purchased used. I have been successful in setting up the datebase and getting my date imported from my old system. The system has a total of 3 computers, 2 for registers and then a file server. I have POS1/register 1 computer working fine. My problem is with Register 2. I can access the administration program on register 2 computer and assign the database. I can also use manager and see my list of items in the database. My problem comes when I try to launch store operations. There is a delay and then I get an error message that says &...

Service Manager for Microsoft RMS
Service Manager for RMS allows you to create, edit, and schedule enhanced service orders (repairs, services, etc.). No POS lane license is required. Also runs in POS to recall/view/edit service related orders. Overview recording (bike store example): www.digitalretailer.com/DEMOS/SMPreview_demo_fs.htm Release date: November 30, 2008 You can request a trial packet that includes download and setup instructions plus sample forms (US and Canadian addresses only please). Thanks. Digital Retail Solutions www.digitalretailer.com/RMSaddins -- v1.x/2.x compliant add-ins from $49 Trial downloads -- ...

How to Print string (Windows Printer) using RMS QSRules.
A windows printer is set as a receipt printer for a register. I need to print strings to this printer using RMS QSRules. How can I do this? I tried using Register.ActivePrinter.PrintNormal(Station as Long,Data as String) but it won't work. By the way, what is Station in the parameter? ...

Quickbooks RMS integration problem
I am trying to figure out how to integrate Quickbooks 2005 Premier with RMS 1.2. I have 2 PCs, a POS/Server up front and a backoffice PC with Quickbooks. In Manager on the backoffice PC I have selected File, Configuration, Accounting Tab, selected Quickbooks 2003, Retrieve and it says it has successfully connected with Quickbooks. However, when I try to set up the GL Accounts by going to Journal, GL Account Setup I get the account mapping table but I am unable to select any accounts (all cells are empty and I cannot manually pick the accounts from a list, there is nothing there). What am I mis...

PostMessage() causes echo in Hook function
I have a program which installs a mouse hook. The hook procedure is in a DLL. Under certain condition I post a WM_RBUTTONUP message. I've put some trace messages in code. Now I'm wondering that my hook function is called TWICE. When it's a *real* mouse message it's only called once. Can someone tell what strange thing happens here? For simplicity I reduced the code to this: From the APP: ================================== void CCtrlPropPage::OnTest() { LPARAM lp = MAKELPARAM (5, 5); PostMessage (WM_RBUTTONUP, MK_CONTROL | MK_SHIFT, lp); TRACE0 ("APP: PostMessage (WM_RB...

RMS-F3 Calculator result pastes into numeric field on POS screen
A feature allowing the value result from F3 Calculator to update the quantity field in RMS Store Operations. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=ff3bc4de-176b-4...

AVS with RMS
I am using PC Charge to authorize my credit card transactions with RMS. When I get a telephone order and the customer tells me their credit card number over the phone, I have no way in RMS to verify their address. I know I can have PC Charge prompt for address or ZIP, but is their a way to pass that through so that I can enter the address or ZIP in the POS screen? Thanks. TPI Software has an add-in that replaces PCCharge and provides support for AVS & CV Numbers. http://www.TPISoft.com 425-882-0921 -- -- Andy Chau "Willie" wrote: > I am using PC Charge to author...

Trusted COM addins for Outlook 2003
Does anyone know if Outlook 2003 support trusted COM addins? Yes, unless that setting is disabled and if you follow the rules. All Outlook objects must be derived from the Application object passed in the On_Connection event handler. And no CDO code is ever trusted within a trusted COM addin. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "Cleveland" <Cleveland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

RMS should offer a smiliar user interface as Point of Sale
I would love to see an interface for RMS that is similar to that which is in Point of Sale. I feel that the Point of Sale interface is much more user-friendly. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

Credit Cards with RMS in Ireland
Interested in Companies who can supply Integrated Chip and Pin Credit Card solutions for RMS that with work with the Irish Banks, In Particular Bank of Ireland. The Authorisation process would have to be completed via the Internet. TPI Software is currectly looking into adding this functionality. Please contact me at billp@tpisoft.com so I can understand your requirements, timeline and opportunity. Thanks, -- Bill Pittman Empowering Businesses to Process Payments Anytime, Anyplace and on any Device! http://www.TPISoft.com 17720 NE 65th Street, Suite 202 Redmond, WA 98052 Office - 425...

Where do I find the RMS 60 day trial package of the RMS POS packa.
Having trouble locating the link to the RMS 60 trial package. The TS@ seminar gave a link that dosn't work. I've never seen a link to download a trial of Retail Management System. I've also never heard of TS@, so you may be looking for Rights Management Server - MS duplicated an Acronym.... If you are looking for Retail Management Server, you can get an eval version from a reseller. This link will let you search for a reseller in your area: http://directory.bcentral.com/ITConsultant/ -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com -...

RMS 2.0 License handling
hi Microsoft, I am not sure how you handle the licenseing for the RMS 2.0 the way I saw it works is that you can install the RMS on machine and then activate the license on that machine. this will allow you to use other machine depends on the license key. The problem here is that what if something goes wrong to machine then you can not use the same license key again go back and fort with MS and request for other key. The way it should work is that you should have some provision in RMS that you can deactivate the license and then allow it to activate it on any other machine you like. I...

Porting a query from Commerce Starter Kit to MS RMS?
I am seeking to port an SQL query that basically retrieves daily sales aggregates (SQL pasted below) into its equivalent for Microsoft RMS. I am very new to RMS. I need to access to those data in a programmatic manner to export into another application. Do someone knowns how to do that? Thanks in advance, Joann=E8s select ProductId, Sku, ProductName, OrderDate, Quantity from (select CSK_Store_Product.productID as [ProductId], CSK_Store_Product.sku as [Sku], CSK_Store_Product.productName as [ProductName], DATEADD(dd, DATEDIFF(dd, 0, CSK_Store_Order.orderDate), 0) as [...

Can I install RMS Store Ops on Small Biz Server 2003 ?
I have a Small Biz Server with the RMS database on an instance of SQL Server. I want to occasionally open Store Ops Manager on that pc to run some reports and accept some store transfers. Q1) Is it o.k. to install the RMS Store Ops programs on this box? Q2) Is it o.k. to install HQ Client on this box? Running SO Mgr on the server isn't an issue. Running HQ Server and HQ Client on a box that hosts both databases is a performance disaster. If the HQ Server is on another box, running HQ client is OK. BEWARE: According to MS, SBS 2003 is a UNSUPPORTED OS for hosting RMS HQ or Sto...

Installing RMS SP2 on W2K domain controller & clients
Just wanted to know in advance if this is ok. The RMS SP2 directions are very general re: computers, so I assume it doesnt matter, but our server install of RMS is running on a W2Ksp4 DC, with SQL ServerSP2. Dont want to break anything, so any insights are appreciated. The desktops are either XPsp1A or W2K sp3 /sp4. XPsp2 still is causing others hedaches, and really dont want to deal with it right now, have not installed it yet. Thanks Also, our server install is in a data path E:\PROG FILES\MSFT RMS\ETC, not on the C: partition. Is this an issue? I have read the post below re: 10 st...

Windows hook and control hook
Hello, I am a little puzzled here. I know, when hooking up to Windows, the application has to unhook before termination. My code does it as below: 'Hook lpPrevWndProc = SetWindowLong(gHwnd, GWL_WNDPROC, AddressOf WindowProc) 'UnHook SetWindowLong(gHwnd, GWL_WNDPROC, lpPrevWndProc) What about when hooking to the control? I use this code to align caption on the command button : ================== oldStyle = GetWindowLong(Command1.hwnd, GWL_STYLE) oldStyle = oldStyle And (Not BS_ALLSTYLES) rtn = SetWindowLong(Command1.hwnd, GWL_STYLE, newStyle Or...

outlook 2003 error
Every time I open outlook I get a message saying sbcmsync.dll is not a valid office add in. I installed the pro version of outlook 2003 on my XP machine and it should have had business contact manager with it. I think this message refers to the business contact manager. I've checked the path in the error message and sbcmsync.dll isn't there. In fact it isn't anywhere on my machine. So I assume I'm getting an error because the file isn't there? If so how can I find the file to put it in place (I've tried reinstalling and repairing and that doesn't work). Or how can...

RMS & SImply Accounting Intergration
Does anybody have any experience in doing RMS 1.3X and Simply Accounting integration. Email me and we can discuss what is possible? danny[@]skatepei[dot]ca This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00FE_01CA9078.2D9EAF50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Dan-902, Check with www.retailmanager.ca/ as they used to have something for SA. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w (Stolen from DRS) =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D...