RMS Add-Ins: managing state using session variables

Hi,

I'm new to the world of RMS, but have been looking into making RMS Add-
Ins. I'm developing in C#.

I've got a couple of add-ins written that don't do anything particular
at the moment, but do need a way of passing state to each other.

The two add-ins are hooked into the InitializeTransaction and
PrintReceipt hooks. At the moment, I'm passing state around by using a
session variable.

However, what I find a little odd is that the session variables appear
to be implemented as a fixed 10-position array. For my initial testing
I'm just arbitrarily picking one slot in the array to use. And it
works a treat.

But, in a real-world deployment, I can't hard-code a slot to use. So,
should I just loop through all 10 slots, looking for the first free
one (if setting the variable) or one that conforms to a particular
type (if retrieving the variable)? But what happens if all 10 slots
are in use by other add-ins?

The only other options I can see are to either customize the database
and manage state through there, or to have something like a .NET
Remoting singleton to manage all the state. But those both seem like
using a sledgehammer to crack a nut.

Please, someone tell me I've completely misunderstood how the session
variables work, and set me straight...

Cheers
Ian
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

A Combination Chart using a Column and Line
I have a large amount of data about protein values and I have grouped these using the Analysis-Pak Histogram wizard. The resulting frequencies have been charted using the 'Column' Chart Type. Using the NORMDIST function I then plotted the appropriate Normal Curve as a 'Line' Chart Type on the same chart but using a secondary y-axis. I was wondering if there is any sensible way of scaling the NORMDIST values so that both sets of data can be charted on the same axis. Any suggestions will be gratefully received. ...

add disclaimer
Hi, we have Exchange2003. I want to add a disclaimer, but as far as I understood there is no such feature in Exchangeserver? Is this true ? What other options do I have ? Must I buy a 3rd party tool? thank you I always recommend Exclaimer: www.exclaimer.com Oliver Antigen is also capable of adding a disclaimer, on top of the best Exchange AV scan engine on the market ;-) -- Kind regards, Erik Cheizoo eXcellence & Difference - we keep your business running ============================================ Always test in a non-production environment before implementing Guideline...

How add value to new attribute created in Active directory
I have created one new attribute in active directory schema as "Bdate", to store users birthdate data in AD Database. Added this attribute to User Class & it is showing active in schema attribute. I checked the same is available in User Class. ACTIVE DIRECTORY SCHEMA > Classes > user. Now how to add birthdate data in this attribure field for the users. My Server Details are as under in AD Explorer. ==== Attribute: mayContain Object: CN=User,CN=Schema,CN=Configuration,DC=CPL,DC=LOCAL,172.25.52.254 [mytest.CPL.LOCAL] Syntex: OID Schema: CN=May-Cont...

Money adds "watch" investments to my investment Portfolio
I am using Money 2006. In my investnemt Portfolio I have the following Investment Accounts: Retirement Regular Brokerage and "Watch" After I setup up Money to sync with my broker, I notice when I goto the Portfolio Management the indexes in my WATCH account have been added to my retirement account (they are still in my Watch account). There is a corresponding "buy" entry for each index in the investment retirement page. If I delete the indexes from my retirement account they get added (bought) each time I visit the page and it updates. Is this related to the MSN money sy...

Workflow manager, sales process
When we are dealing with complex sales processes,how can we implement alternative sales processes? for instance: After a first meeting with the customer we have to decide one of two ways: 1- to do the proposal 2- book another meeting In either cases follow different set of stages. how can we do this? TIA. 1) Create each sales process as a manual sales process. 2) Create a rule to be invoked on create of opportunity. In that rule do the following: If <some condition> then Exec: salesprocess1 else if <some condition> then Exec: salesprocess2 end if Rgds, Per >-----Or...

Object refererence & user manager
Like many here I've been pulling my hair out trying to get CRM upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. I'm gettting closer I think but now when I open configuration manager and navigate to the the user manager node, I get an error "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" It appears to happen when the list of configured users is being populated and the list remains blank. When I try to add a user, the progress bar indictaes that 1 of X users is being configured and configuration manager closes altogether. The licenses node indicates that three licenses are installed. W...

Add RSS enclosures to WMP playlist
Is there any kind of functionality in outlook to add RSS enclosures of audio files to a windows media player playlist, or just dump them in a specific location? I guess it wouldn't be too hard to make a VBA macro to do this, if not. ...

Managing Tabs in CTabCtrl
Hi: I have a vc++ 2003 dialog-based application that includes a CTabCtrl. I would like to be able to manage the tabs in a way similar to vs 2003 itself. That is, have the ability to right-click a tab to get a menu of options (close, etc.), and also have the ability to click and drag a tab left or right to change the order of the tabs. Can anyone give me any ideas or examples on how I can do this? TIA, Brad McMillan Did you try searching on the internet? http://www.codeproject.com/KB/tabs/mditabs.aspx If you have access to VS 2008 then you might be interested in this: (It includes th...

Querying RMS Inventory From Webserver
Hi. I'm trying to integrate my website running ASP with inventory records in our RMS system, but in irder to be able to do that, I need to send SQL query statements from my webserver to the server nruning RMS over the Internet. Of course, due to the sensitive nature of the information, these need to be secure transactions. Is there a secure way for me to connect to the RMS database using sn ADO connect string? I'm a little hung up on the correct values for Data Source, Initial Catalog, and Network Library. Our retail stores connect to the RMS server using an <ip address&...

Configuration using XML
Hello: I have read about using the XML .config files with Web Applications (Web.config) or console and winforms applications (app.exe.config). But i want to use it with class library in C# and i don't know how to do it. I have tried to add a configuration file to my project; Visual Studio created this app.config file and i added the following code in it: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <configuration> <appSettings> <add key="RutaFicheroRss" value="C:\Documents and Settings\Javier\Mis documentos\Visual Studio Projects\Web...

Can an IF statement be used for 3 options?
Can I setup an IF statement to select between 3 options? For example, I have 3 divisions with 5 teams in each division. Can I setup a formula to have it enter the proper division if I have the team name entered. For example, if I have BOS in cell B2 how do I get cell C2 to say AL EAST. I have a tab called divisions with the divisions listed in cells A1, A2, and A3. The teams from division A1 are listed in cells A2, A3, A4, A5, and A6. Thanks. Assuming your division names are in A1:C1 and teams are in the 5 rows below each division (A2:C6), then try: =OFFSET(divisions!A1,,MAX(IF(I...

prompt user to select a cell for use ina formula
I would like to creat a macro to do the following: 1) Move the focus to a specific area on my spreadsheet. (A listing of paper types and weights, with multiple weights per paper type.) 2) Then prompt the user to select the appropriate cell, by actually selecting that cell not just entering the cell reference, and then to press the "enter" key. 3) Upon pressing enter to move back to the location of the command button that activated the macro. 4) Place the cell that was selected by the user into a specific cell. (This cell is then used in a formula.) Any and all help will b...

How do I use a password to protect an Excel file from peeping eyes?
Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password to prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>>Protect workbook, but it doesn't work. Thanks. Do a file|SaveAs (you can use the same name). Then on that dialog Tools|General Options|provide a password to open (xl2002 wording) I think it was: tools|Options in earlier versions (but still under the file|saveas dialog) Fat Cat wrote: > > Basically I finished my account tracker, but I would rahther use a password > to > prevent others from openning at all, I tried the Protect>...

Can't build using DDKBuild on XP
I've got an older version of Microsoft DDK (3790.1830) for Windows Server 2003. But tried following this link http://www.osronline.com/custom.cfm?name=articlePrint.cfm&id=104 but get the following error as copied and pasted below here: Deleting intermediate files and output files for project 'KbFiltrProj - Win32 Debug'. --------------------Configuration: KbFiltrProj - Win32 Debug-------------------- DDKBUILD VERSION 3.15.38 FREEWARE FROM HOLLIS TECHNOLOGY SOLUTIONS Comments? Suggestions? info@hollistech.com The system cannot find the batch label specified - NoWI...

Solving for variable with a circular reference
Hi I am trying to solve for a variable that refers to itself. I am using MS Excel 2003. I have a feeling I need to use the iteration function or solve mathematically but am wondering if I can get some hints. Example: solving for "A." All of the other numbers are variables that I can solve for separately, and are used as examples here. A = (2,403,293*54.23)/(129,788,655+(2,405,539*(A-0.07)/A)) If I do something like B44=(B38*B39)/(B40+(B20*(B44-B25)/B44)) I'll get the #DIV/0! error. Same if I try to split out the formula into 2 formulas and making them dependent on...

Microsoft Office Live Add-Inn
Microsoft Office Live Add-in adds a new toolbar in Office 2003. However, unlike other toolbars, when it is unticked it insists on being present when Excel (and Word) is re-opened. Is there a way of getting rid of this other than uninstalling? Thanks. Bill Ridgeway Hi, You could write (or record) a macro that turns them off when you open the file. I would turn the Macro Recorder on while the toolbars were visible and then turn off the offending toolbar and turn the recorder off. I would add that code to the Workbook_Open procedure: Here is some sample code for the Workbook_Open...

Creating a new TASK using VFP9.0
I know this is a VBA group but I can't seem to get an answer from the VFP group on this subject. I need to create a new TASK and send it to the person I pick from a drop-down menu. This has to be done in FOXPRO (VFP9.0-SP2). I can get to Outlook and create/send an email, but I can not figure out how to create/send a TASK. Any help/sample code will be great. Thanks in advance -- Lost in Tampa I don't have a clue as to how you'd do it in VFP, but if you are using the CreateItem() method with an olMailItem argument to create a mail item substitute the olTaskItem en...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

How to add a button to Outlook's toolbar?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C50D17.83CA0170 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi: I want to add a button to Outlook's toolbar. When user click the button, = it starts an application. Do you know how to do it or you know any = information on this type of thing? Thanks, Dennis Huang ------=_NextPart_000_0018_01C50D17.83CA0170 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4....

Problem using "Update retirement account" in Money 2005
I'm having trouble updating my 401k account using "Update retirement account" for my end of 2004 statement. There is one specific investement that produces the following error: "... will cause the balance of 'xx' held in this investment account to become negative at some point. Please cancel or revise the transaction." If I try to do the "Dividend" and the "Buy" transactions manually then I get the following error when I try to do the "Dividend" transaction: "You have not purchased 'xx' in this Investment Account...

inserting record into an xml doc using datagrid
I have the following for a datagrid that inserts a row into an xml file. It works great, but inserts the data to a new top-level node. I don't know how to specifiy an existing node for the inserted item: void DataGrid1_Update(Object Sender, DataGridCommandEventArgs e) { try { string stitle = (e.Item.Cells[1].FindControl("txttitle") as TextBox).Text; DataSet ds = new DataSet(); //ds.ReadXmlSchema(Server.MapPath("~/Home/XMLMenus/MenuCategory.xsd")); ds.ReadXml(Server.MapPath("~/web1.sitemap"),XmlReadMode.InferSchema); ...

how do i stop an account from downloading emails, when using Outlook (not OE)
in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how is this done in Outlook? thanks Jason I want to prevent it from getting, but allow me to send them with that account, so deleting the account is not what I need to do, in outlook express, there was an option to stop downloading from this account, where is it on Outlook. thanks Jason "Jasonc" <NoEmail.com> wrote in message news:OH4Daan9DHA.1052@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > in OE you can stop email from being downloaded from an account, how is this > done in Outlook? > > thanks > > Jas...

.docx files have XML components, but what's their use?
I read that if any corruption occurs, slim chances of recovering for 2003 version files. In 2007 you can recover almost fully because the actual file is in zip format and inside it contains many xml files. But the "file" as such, .docx is a single file (until unzipped & extracted). Then how can some corruption save the file, because even in a zip format file, if a small chunk is gone, you can never open it. Could anyone shed some light on this? Thanks There could well be (and certainly are) cases where the corruption does not preclude the Zip file from being op...

Problem when add user!!!
Hi, I'm having a serios problem with CRM 3.0. When I try do add a user, a code erro it's showed to me 0x80070534 I think that is problem with de Active Directory In other server, the error mensagem is 0X80041D2A when a I try to add user too somebody can help me ? thanks Sounds like an AD problem. You can check the error codes here: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa477316.aspx Your error is that "The user does not exist in Active Directory". Do they? "olavo.o.neto@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi, I'm having a serios problem with CRM 3.0. When I try ...

use of contractions in Word e-mail editor
Whenever I type a contraction, such as it's, that's, can't, etc., the letter s or t appears several spaces to the right of the apostrophe rather than next to it. I've tried without success to locate anything in the grammar settings that could drive such an outcome. "Dale Pittock" <dpittock@enterprisecenter.net> wrote in message news:02fc01c356e0$70ff2be0$a601280a@phx.gbl > Whenever I type a contraction, such as it's, that's, > can't, etc., the letter s or t appears several spaces to > the right of the apostrophe rather than next to it. ...