RMS 2.0

On the PartnerSource home page, on the left-hand side menu, under
Resources>Industry Solutions>By MBS Product, there's a thread for Retail
Management System 2.0 partners.

Now my question is, has there been a secret RMS release that I'm unaware of?
Seriously, how do you explain this?

And in case my eyes are playing tricks on me again,  anybody knows when the
next RMS release is due and what the advertised changes are?

Thanks,

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi Tom :-)

I was chequing on what you were saying... and I would be all that alarmed.
;-)
There is an information session for partners in a few days... you should
join in :-)

I think the public content is looking great...
http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Industry/retail.aspx

Tom visit www.scansource.com for the... source :-)

Marc Wagner
www.launchpos.com

"Tom Bombadill" <Genius_poster@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> On the PartnerSource home page, on the left-hand side menu, under
> Resources>Industry Solutions>By MBS Product, there's a thread for Retail
> Management System 2.0 partners.
>
> Now my question is, has there been a secret RMS release that I'm unaware
> of?
> Seriously, how do you explain this?
>
> And in case my eyes are playing tricks on me again,  anybody knows when
> the
> next RMS release is due and what the advertised changes are?
>
> Thanks,

0
marcw1 (123)
10/11/2004 11:33:53 PM
kind of strange, I put in a request for the most recent hotfix last week and
figured I'd ask about any upcoming release and the support tech said there
was nothing coming in the near future.

"Marc Wagner" <marcw@launchpos.com> wrote in message
> Hi Tom :-)
>
> I was chequing on what you were saying... and I would be all that alarmed.
> ;-)
> There is an information session for partners in a few days... you should
> join in :-)
>
> I think the public content is looking great...
> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Industry/retail.aspx
>
> Tom visit www.scansource.com for the... source :-)
>
> Marc Wagner
> www.launchpos.com

> "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_poster@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> On the PartnerSource home page, on the left-hand side menu, under
>> Resources>Industry Solutions>By MBS Product, there's a thread for Retail
>> Management System 2.0 partners.
>>
>> Now my question is, has there been a secret RMS release that I'm unaware
>> of?
>> Seriously, how do you explain this?
>>
>> And in case my eyes are playing tricks on me again,  anybody knows when
>> the
>> next RMS release is due and what the advertised changes are?
>>
>> Thanks,

0
anonymous (74722)
10/12/2004 3:08:50 AM
MS and most other smart software vendors won't give out release dates, when
they are unknown.  As soon as it goes golden and the have it to the press
that is the time they give out dates.  Not until then.  Why would anyone buy
a product knowing next week or month there is a new one coming out?
mte

"root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> kind of strange, I put in a request for the most recent hotfix last week
> and figured I'd ask about any upcoming release and the support tech said
> there was nothing coming in the near future.
>

> "Marc Wagner" <marcw@launchpos.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Tom :-)
>>
>> I was chequing on what you were saying... and I would be all that
>> alarmed. ;-)
>> There is an information session for partners in a few days... you should
>> join in :-)
>>
>> I think the public content is looking great...
>> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Industry/retail.aspx
>>
>> Tom visit www.scansource.com for the... source :-)
>>
>> Marc Wagner
>> www.launchpos.com

>> "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_poster@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>>> On the PartnerSource home page, on the left-hand side menu, under
>>> Resources>Industry Solutions>By MBS Product, there's a thread for Retail
>>> Management System 2.0 partners.
>>>
>>> Now my question is, has there been a secret RMS release that I'm unaware
>>> of?
>>> Seriously, how do you explain this?
>>>
>>> And in case my eyes are playing tricks on me again,  anybody knows when
>>> the
>>> next RMS release is due and what the advertised changes are?
>>>
>>> Thanks,

0
TheJack (108)
10/13/2004 2:57:39 PM
Why does Microsoft offer information on the future of other products.  Like
Longhorn for example, or SQL 2005 for that matter for starters.  Business
planning maybe?

"Master T Excellante'" <TheJack@dontmailmeIwillmailyou.com> wrote in message
> MS and most other smart software vendors won't give out release dates,
> when they are unknown.  As soon as it goes golden and the have it to the
> press that is the time they give out dates.  Not until then.  Why would
> anyone buy a product knowing next week or month there is a new one coming
> out?
> mte
>
> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> kind of strange, I put in a request for the most recent hotfix last week
>> and figured I'd ask about any upcoming release and the support tech said
>> there was nothing coming in the near future.
>>

>> "Marc Wagner" <marcw@launchpos.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi Tom :-)
>>>
>>> I was chequing on what you were saying... and I would be all that
>>> alarmed. ;-)
>>> There is an information session for partners in a few days... you should
>>> join in :-)
>>>
>>> I think the public content is looking great...
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Industry/retail.aspx
>>>
>>> Tom visit www.scansource.com for the... source :-)
>>>
>>> Marc Wagner
>>> www.launchpos.com

>>> "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_poster@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
anonymous (74722)
10/13/2004 4:04:22 PM
All -

Thanks for your messages.

Listing the RMS 2.0 partners was an inadvertent post. I apologize for the
inconvenience and thank you for bringing this to Microsoft's attention. We
are currently in the research and development stage for the next release of
RMS, which is scheduled for the second half of 2005.

Thank you!

"Master T Excellante'" wrote:

> MS and most other smart software vendors won't give out release dates, when
> they are unknown.  As soon as it goes golden and the have it to the press
> that is the time they give out dates.  Not until then.  Why would anyone buy
> a product knowing next week or month there is a new one coming out?
> mte
>
> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > kind of strange, I put in a request for the most recent hotfix last week
> > and figured I'd ask about any upcoming release and the support tech said
> > there was nothing coming in the near future.
> >

> > "Marc Wagner" <marcw@launchpos.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Tom :-)
> >>
> >> I was chequing on what you were saying... and I would be all that
> >> alarmed. ;-)
> >> There is an information session for partners in a few days... you should
> >> join in :-)
> >>
> >> I think the public content is looking great...
> >> http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Industry/retail.aspx
> >>
> >> Tom visit www.scansource.com for the... source :-)
> >>
> >> Marc Wagner
> >> www.launchpos.com

> >> "Tom Bombadill" <Genius_poster@yahoo.com> wrote in message

0
lpenor (4)
10/13/2004 4:17:04 PM
Just what is the exact release date for any of the products you list root?
We know about when they will come out but not when and although the lady
states 2nd half of 2005 she makes no promises.  We were going to have a 2.0
in 2003 but it never came.  MS pulled the plug, I would say because they are
totally revamping this software so it is part of a MS Business suite, all
the way from POS to AP/GL level.  Just my thoughts not certain...

> Why does Microsoft offer information on the future of other products.
> Like Longhorn for example, or SQL 2005 for that matter for starters.
> Business planning maybe?
>

> "Master T Excellante'" <TheJack@dontmailmeIwillmailyou.com> wrote in
> message news:ewTbURTsEHA.2536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>> MS and most other smart software vendors won't give out release dates,
>> when they are unknown.  As soon as it goes golden and the have it to the
>> press that is the time they give out dates.  Not until then.  Why would
>> anyone buy a product knowing next week or month there is a new one coming
>> out?
>> mte
>>
>> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> kind of strange, I put in a request for the most recent hotfix last week
>>> and figured I'd ask about any upcoming release and the support tech said
>>> there was nothing coming in the near future.
>>>

>>> "Marc Wagner" <marcw@launchpos.com> wrote in message

0
TheJack (108)
10/14/2004 12:18:03 AM
I did not state that MS has released specific dates for the products I
listed.  I stated that they release general information as to the future of
the products.  That type of information has never been made for public for
RMS, and I feel RMS users should have that type of information available to
them for business planning.  Sure it is not set in concrete, which is why
you see release dates for other products estimated by saying "2nd Quarter
2004", or "the end of 2005".  Very understandable, due to the nature of
development...

Software is budgeted for by many businesses.  RMS attracts many new users
that up until now have not had to plan for that.  If you run a chain of
retail stores and use HQ or are a single store with 8 lanes, your software
investment can get costly.  I feel RMS is to the point where it should be
treated as such.

> Just what is the exact release date for any of the products you list root?
> We know about when they will come out but not when and although the lady
> states 2nd half of 2005 she makes no promises.  We were going to have a
> 2.0 in 2003 but it never came.  MS pulled the plug, I would say because
> they are totally revamping this software so it is part of a MS Business
> suite, all the way from POS to AP/GL level.  Just my thoughts not
> certain...
> mte
>
> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Why does Microsoft offer information on the future of other products.
>> Like Longhorn for example, or SQL 2005 for that matter for starters.
>> Business planning maybe?
>>

>> "Master T Excellante'" <TheJack@dontmailmeIwillmailyou.com> wrote in
>> message news:ewTbURTsEHA.2536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>>> MS and most other smart software vendors won't give out release dates,
>>> when they are unknown.  As soon as it goes golden and the have it to the
>>> press that is the time they give out dates.  Not until then.  Why would
>>> anyone buy a product knowing next week or month there is a new one
>>> coming out?
>>> mte
>>>
>>> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
anonymous (74722)
10/14/2004 4:47:11 PM
RMS is still new to MS and it's vast line up of products.  I am not so sure
they know where it is headed yet.  Or where it is headed won't benefit those
selling or buying it now, so it is kept under wraps.  Otherwise it would be
public knowledge.

I guess I misconstrued your previous post.

>I did not state that MS has released specific dates for the products I
>listed.  I stated that they release general information as to the future of
>the products.  That type of information has never been made for public for
>RMS, and I feel RMS users should have that type of information available to
>them for business planning.  Sure it is not set in concrete, which is why
>you see release dates for other products estimated by saying "2nd Quarter
>2004", or "the end of 2005".  Very understandable, due to the nature of
>development...
>
> Software is budgeted for by many businesses.  RMS attracts many new users
> that up until now have not had to plan for that.  If you run a chain of
> retail stores and use HQ or are a single store with 8 lanes, your software
> investment can get costly.  I feel RMS is to the point where it should be
> treated as such.
>

> "Master T Excellante'" <TheJack@dontmailmeIwillmailyou.com> wrote in
> message news:e7qscKYsEHA.3196@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl...
>> Just what is the exact release date for any of the products you list
>> root? We know about when they will come out but not when and although the
>> lady states 2nd half of 2005 she makes no promises.  We were going to
>> have a 2.0 in 2003 but it never came.  MS pulled the plug, I would say
>> because they are totally revamping this software so it is part of a MS
>> Business suite, all the way from POS to AP/GL level.  Just my thoughts
>> not certain...
>> mte
>>
>> "root" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Why does Microsoft offer information on the future of other products.
>>> Like Longhorn for example, or SQL 2005 for that matter for starters.
>>> Business planning maybe?
>>>

>>> "Master T Excellante'" <TheJack@dontmailmeIwillmailyou.com> wrote in
>>> message news:ewTbURTsEHA.2536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...

0
TheJack (108)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

No Ribbon on Publisher 2007 #2
All other Office 2007 display Ribbons, but Publisher do not display ribbon. Please Help. ...

Recipient Policy help #2
Our default recipient policy is companyname.local. We have 10 other recipient policy’s for each site within our company – they all have separate smtp addresses. The postmaster uses the default recipient policy smtp address companyname.local to send out ndr’s etc. but the address companyname.local is not allowed out of our firewall and it wont be allowed. We can create a new address to add as the default recipient policy which is unique and is allowed through the firewall. Please let me know if this is ok and what I should look out for??? So I am a little confused about what you are as...

help need with VC 6.0 IDE and mfc

Meeting updates #2

Problems with creating a newsletter

printing 2 charts on single page