RMS 2.0 Purchase Help

I am planning on purchasing RMS 2.0 for my 2 store operation with 2 cashiers 
+ 1 back office computer at each location. I use a warehouse as HQ at this 
point.

Please help me choose the right products at right price.

Thank you,
0
FLASH (12)
7/14/2008 11:29:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
468 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 57

Flash,

You can find RMS at all various prices from 50 or so dollars above the cost 
from MSFT to the MSRP. Microsoft also requires a maintence fee per sales 
lane of about $225(be aware of this the reseller may not tell you this, 
until the last minute)

The back office computer should be hardware only as in RMS 2.0 the licensing 
is figured by how many sales lanes you have.(previous Versions calculated 
mgr as well).

You would want HQ Server at the warehouse, Prices on Hardware very greatly 
and also vary depending on Quality of hardware. then there is the Warranty 
on the hardware, 30 days 90 days etc. Keep this in mind as well.


Things to look at are support, Who is doing the support, the maintence fee 
you pay to MSFT includes 6 incident's, per location, per year, and also 
updates. If you choose a partner make sure its one that is a reputable one 
that can support you for as long as your in business and wont just disappear 
in a few months. Support is invaluable, if its not there or just doesnt meet 
your needs it can be hell.  There are many businesses that can get by 
without support but there are even more that rely on having soomeone to call 
to help them in a time of need.

Here is a site that has some question you should review 
www.posformystore.com Theres several question(there is some advertising but 
there is some good information).

To get a good idea of what you would really need I have more questions, If 
you would like to you can contact me at Maurice at Americanretailsupply.com

Thanks





"FLASH" <FLASH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:E0E17142-A313-4935-A451-07605C0CA2BF@microsoft.com...
>I am planning on purchasing RMS 2.0 for my 2 store operation with 2 
>cashiers
> + 1 back office computer at each location. I use a warehouse as HQ at this
> point.
>
> Please help me choose the right products at right price.
>
> Thank you, 


0
maurice1766 (189)
7/15/2008 4:32:34 PM
Previous versions required a license for SO Manager? I don't think so. What 
do you mean by that?!


"Maurice @ ARS" <maurice@americanretailsupply.com> wrote in message 
news:%23%23mlkhp5IHA.3480@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Flash,
>
> You can find RMS at all various prices from 50 or so dollars above the 
> cost from MSFT to the MSRP. Microsoft also requires a maintence fee per 
> sales lane of about $225(be aware of this the reseller may not tell you 
> this, until the last minute)
>
> The back office computer should be hardware only as in RMS 2.0 the 
> licensing is figured by how many sales lanes you have.(previous Versions 
> calculated mgr as well).
>
> You would want HQ Server at the warehouse, Prices on Hardware very greatly 
> and also vary depending on Quality of hardware. then there is the Warranty 
> on the hardware, 30 days 90 days etc. Keep this in mind as well.
>
>
> Things to look at are support, Who is doing the support, the maintence fee 
> you pay to MSFT includes 6 incident's, per location, per year, and also 
> updates. If you choose a partner make sure its one that is a reputable one 
> that can support you for as long as your in business and wont just 
> disappear in a few months. Support is invaluable, if its not there or just 
> doesnt meet your needs it can be hell.  There are many businesses that can 
> get by without support but there are even more that rely on having 
> soomeone to call to help them in a time of need.
>
> Here is a site that has some question you should review 
> www.posformystore.com Theres several question(there is some advertising 
> but there is some good information).
>
> To get a good idea of what you would really need I have more questions, If 
> you would like to you can contact me at Maurice at 
> Americanretailsupply.com
>
> Thanks
>
>
>
>
>
> "FLASH" <FLASH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:E0E17142-A313-4935-A451-07605C0CA2BF@microsoft.com...
>>I am planning on purchasing RMS 2.0 for my 2 store operation with 2 
>>cashiers
>> + 1 back office computer at each location. I use a warehouse as HQ at 
>> this
>> point.
>>
>> Please help me choose the right products at right price.
>>
>> Thank you,
>
> 


0
7/15/2008 11:01:04 PM
Flash,

What type of store do you have and where are you located?
================
Thanks,

Shawn Ezhaghi
Vitet Consulting Group Ltd.
646-706-7600 xt: 101

"Not just consultants but retailers too."


"Jason" wrote:

> Previous versions required a license for SO Manager? I don't think so. What 
> do you mean by that?!
> 
> 
> "Maurice @ ARS" <maurice@americanretailsupply.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23%23mlkhp5IHA.3480@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > Flash,
> >
> > You can find RMS at all various prices from 50 or so dollars above the 
> > cost from MSFT to the MSRP. Microsoft also requires a maintence fee per 
> > sales lane of about $225(be aware of this the reseller may not tell you 
> > this, until the last minute)
> >
> > The back office computer should be hardware only as in RMS 2.0 the 
> > licensing is figured by how many sales lanes you have.(previous Versions 
> > calculated mgr as well).
> >
> > You would want HQ Server at the warehouse, Prices on Hardware very greatly 
> > and also vary depending on Quality of hardware. then there is the Warranty 
> > on the hardware, 30 days 90 days etc. Keep this in mind as well.
> >
> >
> > Things to look at are support, Who is doing the support, the maintence fee 
> > you pay to MSFT includes 6 incident's, per location, per year, and also 
> > updates. If you choose a partner make sure its one that is a reputable one 
> > that can support you for as long as your in business and wont just 
> > disappear in a few months. Support is invaluable, if its not there or just 
> > doesnt meet your needs it can be hell.  There are many businesses that can 
> > get by without support but there are even more that rely on having 
> > soomeone to call to help them in a time of need.
> >
> > Here is a site that has some question you should review 
> > www.posformystore.com Theres several question(there is some advertising 
> > but there is some good information).
> >
> > To get a good idea of what you would really need I have more questions, If 
> > you would like to you can contact me at Maurice at 
> > Americanretailsupply.com
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > "FLASH" <FLASH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:E0E17142-A313-4935-A451-07605C0CA2BF@microsoft.com...
> >>I am planning on purchasing RMS 2.0 for my 2 store operation with 2 
> >>cashiers
> >> + 1 back office computer at each location. I use a warehouse as HQ at 
> >> this
> >> point.
> >>
> >> Please help me choose the right products at right price.
> >>
> >> Thank you,
> >
> > 
> 
> 
> 
0
shawn1 (154)
7/16/2008 4:26:35 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

RSS stack error help pls
I need to demo RSS for CRM (VPC image), i install the CRMrss from michaeljon miller site, extract to C:\Program Files\Microsoft CRM Server\CRMWeb\rss\ change the two .cs files so port include 5555. check the web.config to ensure app key is there for ISV integration. copy the isv.config.xml to the resources folder. go to visual studio 2005 command prompt, go to rss\code to run the make.bat. output from screen is 1 file copied. open the browser, i got the Exception of type System.Web.HttpException was thrown, stack error.. any help? thanks! ...

parsing a date and time field #2
I am having trouble parsing the date and time in a field. I download data from a data base and the date and time come together in one field. I want to seperate the two. The date and time comes across as the following: "2/1/2009 14:37" in the cell. When I parse it, it seperates into three columns as follows: "2/1/2009", 2:37 AM", and "PM" I can see what is going on but I would like to get two columns with one as the date and the other as the correct time. are they any ideas on how to address this? Try using the TimeValue and DateValue functions. First format ...

Help with a formula..
I am trying to create a formula that will take information from a cell on one sheet and combine it with text on another sheet. I know how to get the two together. My problem is that I want the part that is brought in to be bolded type. Here is what I have in the formula. ="we are pleased to submit our quotation for "&(cell reference)&" according to the following specifications." What I want to do is have the cell reference part be bold type. Is there a way to do that? It doesnt work if I bold the cell.. already tried it.. Any suggestions? Thanks! KK You'...

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

Purchase history and projected usage
Is anyone aware of an add-on or a way to figure projected usage for purchasing? I find the minimum quantity function usueful but many times I have to purchase for a few months and it would be helpful if the system could help estimate required quantity for a specific period. To be really useful and accurate RMS should be able to estimate product requirements for a period, is anyone else running into this? Funny you should write about this. I was just talking to my RMS partner about this the other day. He was going to see what he could come up with for this. I will let you know if i he...

3.0 Customization
Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of users and another set for another group. For instance, could our service people only see the service screens while our sales people only see the sales screens? I know I can restrict access to different areas, but we want to have a totally different look and feel for each group... Sorry - I dont believe this can be done "Matt Harvey" <rifleman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:OR2vU$3GGHA.740@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is it possible in 3.0 to have one set of screens appear for one group of >...

Money Central Portfolio #2
My print function has gotten corupted. When I print it flips to WORD / format and prints in a format that is 4x normal. ...

Report CRM 3.0
Hi, I would need to find out the detailed procedure (step by step) to customize a report…. Could anybody inform about any links or documents concerning this issue? Thank's Marco I'm not sure if it's detailed enough, but the technical training manual has a section on creating and customizing reports. You can find it here: http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/crm/using/whatsnewtechnical.mspx HTH, -- Jeffry van de Vuurst CWR Mobility www.cwrmobility.com -- "Marco Rocca" <Marco Rocca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CEF80683-EC26-456C-82C...

macro #2
I am pretty new to using (or attempting to use) a Macro in a workbook. I am having trouble following how and what to do to even start the process; ie If there needs to be a worksheet already in progress or can I start from a new sheet. THEN where to go from there. Can I have some help in this area? Can some one supply me with a sample MACRO? Any help would be greatly appreciated Dan The best way to get started with macros is to use the Macro Recorder. Go to the Tools menu, choose Macros, then Record New Macro. Then, carry out some simple tasks and examine the code that is produced. ...

Statements #2
How are statements sorted? Alphabetically by name or by account number? Does anybody know? -- Any help is appriciated, Deb Mine are done alphabetically by name. -- Elizabeth M. "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D58FEF32-7509-473B-A554-6A48E02697CF@microsoft.com... > How are statements sorted? Alphabetically by name or by account number? > Does > anybody know? > -- > Any help is appriciated, Deb ...

merging 2 cells without losing data?
How can I merge 2 cells without losing data from the other cell? Hi Bob Not possible I'm afraid. Try placing the dat from both cells into one and use "Center across selection" under Format>Cells>Alignment Merge cells always end up causing grief. they are best avoided. ***** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training & Add-ins. Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum ***** "bob" <bobree@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23JuOM9HGEHA.2308@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > How can I merge 2 cells without losing data from the other...

how to config Server for one user which has 2 mail address.
we have one NT4.0 + Exchange 5.5 Server "A" Email abc@xxx.com.cn ��and another windows2003 + exchange 2003 Server "B" abc@cn.xxx.com user name is same in A B��Mx record was be set ,question is how to config Exchange 2003 to receive down the mail to Server A , because of we need to replace A with B. thanks a lot. E2K3 setup guides you through common scenarios (like yours) pretty much holding your hand - on welcome screen tell it that you have existing E55 org and want to join it, then follow on-screen instructions. Having usable backup of Exchange databases and AD i...

help with dynamic tables
This is a bit complicated to explain but I'll try my best. In columns A, B, C I have different drop down lists. Column A has Store1, Store2, Store3, etc. Column B has Dept1, Dept2, Dep3, etc. Column C has ProductA, ProductB, ProductC. As of right now, these lists are not dependent on each other, I can choose anything from any list regardless of the previous category. Also, the length of these lists is undefined, meaning I will constantly be adding to them in sequential rows below. And then columns D and beyond have data such as Sales, Profits, # of items, etc. What I...

RMS Status Codes
Just wondering if anyone has a list of what the RMS Batch.Status codes 0-15 mean? I can't find them defined anywhere. I'm specifically looking at how to identify Blind Closes so I don't count them in totals until they'e been closed. Thanks! -Zim There is a Knowledge Base Article that covers the different Batch Status codes from 0 - 31. Just search for 'batch status codes' -- Robert Armstrong RMS Systems Inc. www.retail-pos.com "Zim" <Zim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C72515DB-AD45-4C7D-B8DE-0A18E4A6D0D0@micr...

CRM 4.0 Custom Report Filter Problem
I am using the Report Wizard to create a simple report. Report is using Quotes and Quote Products I have a custom field in Quote Products which is a bit field Yes-No When I use that field as a filter for report output, I get all records. The filter criteria appears to be ignored Is this an inherent problem with Report Wizard or Am I doing something wrong? Thanks. depends on your business logic and what you want to see. If you have three quotes: Quote-1 has three products, all with the custom field set to Yes Q2 has three products, two set to Yes, 1 to No Q3 has three products, all set...

Macro
Here is one for you experts - I am a novice I want to add a macro to a worksheet that will print selected information held on certain rows of the worksheet. Once the 'button' has been selected a mesage box will pop up asking the user to input which row number he/she wishes to print. On input that number is matched to the corresponding row of the worksheet and that row is copied (without any formula - just cell values) and pasted into another worksheet where it is placed into other formats and printed. Seems like a simple(!!) job - but far to difficult for me to programme Can an...

Help! Problem Referencing Excel 2003 in VB.NET
I am using Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition to develop some VB.NET code that manipulates Excel files. I am developing on a Vista/Excel 2007 machine, but I need the code to work on an XP/2003 machine as well. I initially set a reference to the Microsoft Excel 12.0 Object Library and imported the Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel namespace. This works great on the VIsta/Excel 2007 machine, but it does not work on 2003, which needs the 11.0 library. I get an error that says "Unhandled Exception . . . Could not file or assembly 'Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel, Version 12.0.0....

Can you create custom activities? MSCRM 3.0
Hi, Is there a way to create a new custom activity instead of customising an existing one? I have created a custom entity called 'Chat' utilising an IFRAME. All works well but this entity really should be an activity considering it's properties. In fact I've just been introduced to MS-CRM 3.0 and don't really understand what the difference is between an entity and activity. Would anyone shed the light for me? BTW, I think 3.0 looks great. Gotta admit it's improved. Cheers. Ty In my experience, you cannot create custom activities. In fact, I have been dire...

Excel 2002 converts 'S' to 0 when pasting from Clipboard
I came across the following problem: I copied some tabular data from IBM Personal Communications into the clipboard (yes, I am still a user of good old 3270 applications). Then I pasted the data into Microsoft Excel 2002 and all cells containing a 'S' became a '0' (number zero). Next I did some tests and found out that every single uppercase 'S' that is transferred to Excel using copy/paste is translated to '0'. This would not happen with other letters or with words containing an 'S'. Using 'Paste special' I can choose to insert my Clipboard a...

Sum amount if = 2 value's
I have a spreadsheet of payment types for which I want to sum the tota amount per type per month A B C Type Amount Month I'm able to get the total amount per type by usin =SUMIF(A:A,"TYPE",B:B), but can't work out how to get a total for eac type each month Somthing along these lines: =SUMIF((A:A,"TYPE",B:B)&C:C,"MONTH")) ???? Any idea's -- loscherlan ----------------------------------------------------------------------- loscherland's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.ph...

How do I import from LotusOrg 6.0?Import command only has 5.0
I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus Organizer. Don Kiamie donalbert@mindspring.com In news:32C8F514-3EA5-4802-B1A4-F9C66E77293A@microsoft.com, DonAlbert <DonAlbert@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I am trying to import my calendar data from Lotus Org V6.X. Under > the file command, it will only import from V5.X. Does anybody have > any help for me since I would like to convert to Outlook from Lotus > ...

Excel pivot table #2
i encountered an error in my pivot table. i created an olap cube using the analysis manager. the cube displays the correct data of my measures but on my pivot report, it displays #N/A.... i need help to fix this one... thanks.... =) ...

Need Help with drop down list with conditions...
I need help. I'm having a very difficult time creating a sequence of list which change based on the item selected on the main list, lets call it the index: The Index list, the first list, would define vendors. In this case Hotel Companies (e.g Hilton, Marriott, Sheraton). The following list, the 2nd list, would define properties, but the properties would vary based on which hotel company is selected (e.g. If Hilton, then "The Plaza, the Waldorf Astoria. If Marriott, then Marriott Marquis, Marriott Convention Center etc etc...) on list #1. And Last but not least, the 3rd list would...

Macro Help #18
Well I think this is a macro. I have searched my excel book and i can not seem to figure out what to do. I want to write something that if this statement is true, then the font color changes. But here is the potential problem. THe location of the text will change. So i need it to search for this text and then change the color. Does that make sense? Is this possible? If this can be done it will really help me. Thanks in advance. This is exactly what i am trying to do. You type in a persons name into cell a1. you also type a name into cell a2. These names will transfer over ...

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...