RMS 2.0 PO Add Item Form Needs Help

I'm not sure who decided that the new form was an improvement, but I am
fairly certain that they were wrong...

Once upon a time in RMS, when adding items to a PO/Transfer, you would click
the Add Item... button, <Tab> to the Lookup... button, hit <Enter>, start
typing your ILC and then hit <Enter> to add the item.  If you had two items
ABC-111112 and ABC-111113, you could type ABC-1, hit your down arrow, <Enter>
and be done with it.  Another <Tab> <Enter> keystroke got you right back to
the item list and so it went.  Nice an smooth, no need to reach for the mouse
and waste a bunch of time and movement selecting items.

Now...  You start typing your ILC.  If you get close, the arrow keys don't
work, <Enter> is no good (must use Alt-S to 'Select' or tab several times to
get the 'Select' key active for your <Enter> key.

And the worst thing...  YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT TAB INTO THE ITEM LIST to use
your arrow keys.

This 'improvement' is not good.  I can kind of see where the designers were
trying to go, with a list of items that only apply to the selected supplier,
but the execution is poor.

Specific suggestion:  On the PO Add Items form, the 'Enter item lookup code
or select from list:' field NEEDS to accept an Up- or Down-Arrow keystroke as
an instruction to select the next item up/down in the list box below.  Once
an item is highlighted, an <Enter> key NEEDS to add the item to the Selected
Items list and reset the cursor in the 'Enter item lookup code or select from
list:' field ready to accept the input of the next ILC.  No mouse clicks
required.

If I wanted to be required to use my mouse for every other action, I'd have
bought an Apple.

General suggestion:  You should NEVER be REQUIRED to use the mouse for
ANYTHING.  Ever.

Tom
--
Stop fishing for e-mail

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1b824931-4aa8-42d7-ade6-5086810a5984&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
tomg2938 (389)
5/22/2007 5:06:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

One more thing:

An ability to right-click into the items list and show/hide fields would be
VERY helpful.  Even better would be if RMS remembered the show/hide/field
width settings from the last time you used the form.

"Terrible Tom" wrote:

> I'm not sure who decided that the new form was an improvement, but I am
> fairly certain that they were wrong...
>
> Once upon a time in RMS, when adding items to a PO/Transfer, you would click
> the Add Item... button, <Tab> to the Lookup... button, hit <Enter>, start
> typing your ILC and then hit <Enter> to add the item.  If you had two items
> ABC-111112 and ABC-111113, you could type ABC-1, hit your down arrow, <Enter>
> and be done with it.  Another <Tab> <Enter> keystroke got you right back to
> the item list and so it went.  Nice an smooth, no need to reach for the mouse
> and waste a bunch of time and movement selecting items.
>
> Now...  You start typing your ILC.  If you get close, the arrow keys don't
> work, <Enter> is no good (must use Alt-S to 'Select' or tab several times to
> get the 'Select' key active for your <Enter> key.
>
> And the worst thing...  YOU ABSOLUTELY CANNOT TAB INTO THE ITEM LIST to use
> your arrow keys.
>
> This 'improvement' is not good.  I can kind of see where the designers were
> trying to go, with a list of items that only apply to the selected supplier,
> but the execution is poor.
>
> Specific suggestion:  On the PO Add Items form, the 'Enter item lookup code
> or select from list:' field NEEDS to accept an Up- or Down-Arrow keystroke as
> an instruction to select the next item up/down in the list box below.  Once
> an item is highlighted, an <Enter> key NEEDS to add the item to the Selected
> Items list and reset the cursor in the 'Enter item lookup code or select from
> list:' field ready to accept the input of the next ILC.  No mouse clicks
> required.
>
> If I wanted to be required to use my mouse for every other action, I'd have
> bought an Apple.
>
> General suggestion:  You should NEVER be REQUIRED to use the mouse for
> ANYTHING.  Ever.
>
> Tom
> --
> Stop fishing for e-mail
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1b824931-4aa8-42d7-ade6-5086810a5984&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
tomg2938 (389)
5/22/2007 5:32:01 PM
tom,

This seems to be the way things happen with RMS upgrades.  It takes a long
time for the small things, that make a big difference, to get addressed.

In my opinion, after they re-engineer a form, or series of forms for a new
or upcoming release (thinking that it will be better for us all), they
should have some of us beta test this stuff and submit our input on how the
workflow has changed for the better or worse. Having small issues, like you
described, can really put a kink on the day-to-day routine and end up
costing too much time..

Many moons ago we were approached to offer input, but it required a
representative overseeing our day-to day operations and our usage of RMS. As
nice as it was to see thier intrest, I wasn't comfortable with that scenario
so we declined.

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> [...]
>>
>> Specific suggestion:  On the PO Add Items form, the 'Enter item lookup
>> code
>> or select from list:' field NEEDS to accept an Up- or Down-Arrow
>> keystroke as
>> an instruction to select the next item up/down in the list box below.
>> Once
>> an item is highlighted, an <Enter> key NEEDS to add the item to the
>> Selected
>> Items list and reset the cursor in the 'Enter item lookup code or select
>> from
>> list:' field ready to accept the input of the next ILC.  No mouse clicks
>> required.
>>
>> If I wanted to be required to use my mouse for every other action, I'd
>> have
>> bought an Apple.
>>
>> General suggestion:  You should NEVER be REQUIRED to use the mouse for

anonymous (74722)

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Inserting form values into a table

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

RMS and PCI certification
I need some help on the RMS not being PCI/PABP/CISP I have read the RMS Data Security Standard, but it still does not make RMS PCI/PABP/CISP and put them on the list provided by Visa . What is everyone using as a solution and what is everyone doing for clients who are using the built in EDC that doesnt meet current standards? Maurice, We have been using the PC Charge for our credit cards with RMS. PC Charge has a new version 5.7.1i SP8 out that address the PCI standard. Ed "Maurice Gordon" wrote: > I need some help on the RMS not being PCI/PABP/CISP > > I hav...

RMS development
Hello, I am new to RMS customization / development. Please correct me if I am wrong but there seem to be a very limited ways to customize the forms themselves apart from add-ins and additional patch forms called from new buttons. Is there a way to use the object model in QSRules (QSBridge does not have enough) to achieve more seamless integration of customer requirements that are not accounted for in the general product forms. I am thinking of changing some forms or replacing them with customized versions. I know that forms are 'locked up' in the exe. Sounds like re-write j...

how do i add time up in exel
everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though i only enter even numbers ,this is to add my hours worked in a month Tell us what's in a1:a30. If they are all even numbers, you should definitely get an even result. But if they include minutes, you can get an odd number of hours. -- Regards, Fred Please reply to newsgroup, not e-mail "loadie" <loadie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12306C49-050C-4DED-AD75-2ECEE54A24F7@microsoft.com... > everytime i use =sum(a1:a30)*24 i keep getting an odd number even though > i &g...

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

Need help with Auto Filter

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

Need Query Help

Setting MDI Parent Size To Fit Around A Child Form
Hi, How do you set the client size of an MDI parent to fit around a child form? Breakpoints in the constructor and load event handler show the child size to be already modified to fit into the parent; the child's size does not match what shows in the Designer. I suppose the real question might be how do you determine the size of the child window or keep the parent from changing it first? Thanks, Gary What you're asking for is a little backwards, but I'm sure you have your reasons. At any rate, these are the properties you will want to investigate: ...

Excel Problem

Please ignore #2

Event Planning/Event Management Add-On
Does anyone know of a good add-on to handle event planning? It appears that Axonom sells a product. I'm not sure it's compatible with CRM 3.0, though. The screen shots are from 1.x. We're looking for an add-on that will help us plan our annual user conference with about 300 attendees. Before I go off and build our own custom entities to handle this stuff, I thought I'd see what's out there. Our requirements are pretty basic: - Track attendees to the event, and which training sessions and activities they'd like to attend. - Payment information including total fee...

outlook 98 corperate forms