Returns entered from previous closed shift

When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of
previous closed shift?  Since these returns are not from the current shift
and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing.

0
RicoTowers (135)
9/30/2009 11:04:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Sep 30, 7:04=A0am, RicoTowers <RicoTow...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> When doing a close, how do you work off any returns entered from sales of
> previous closed shift? =A0Since these returns are not from the current sh=
ift
> and it would not square off with current cashier shift at closing.

Not sure what you are asking. All that matters from the shift
perspective is the tender amounts, which would reflect NET SALES (i.e.
sales - returns). As long as the cashier returns the correct amount to
the customer, everything should balance out.
0
junk5634 (5)

Deposits being entered as payment?
When money updates my checking account information automatically (or if i do a manual update to retrieve current checking account info) it enters ALL of the transactions as PAYMENTS. Even the deposits! This of course throws my balance way out of whack. I manually change the payments to deposits but I shouldn't have to do this. Does anyone know why my deposits are not being recognized as such by Money 2005 and are instead showing up as payments? Thanks. This appears to be a known issue. If you have not already done so I encourage you to go to https://webresponse.one.microsof...

Problem closing Outlook
Hi everyone, I have problems when I want to close my Micrsoft Outlook 2000. When I close it, it get hang up with the message "closing microsoft outlook 2000". I read somewhere about disable "send and recieve when exit" option to solve this problem, I know where to find it on 2003 version, but I didn't found it on 2000 version. Someone know where I can find it??? Thanks in advance and happy new year!!! Gregorio Aranda. P.S.: Sorry for my awful english Try the following: 1. Switch to Corporate/workgroup mode & create new profile and check if outlook works fine...

Auto Filling Fields in Current Record from Previous Record
Hello, I have looked through posts related to Auto-Filling a field from a previous record but am still a little unsure of how to do things. What I would like to do is auto fill a field in the current record with one from a different field in a previous record. What I have is a form that records "engine hours" and "tonnes moved" for a piece of equipment. The operator will record the staring hours and tonnes (at the start of a day) and the hours and tonnes at the end of the day. So in the database, I would like the "Starting Hours" and "Starting Tonnes"...

How to make MSO close the imap connection after checking mail?
Hi, My server does not allow "idle" connections, and therefore the connection to Microsoft Outlook is closed after a while. I then get a error-message from MSO. How can I make Microsoft Outlook close the connection itself after checking mail? (and thereby I will not get that error?) Regards, ´┐Żystein Larsen ...

How do enter accounts manually?
I have recently opened 2 new accounts with Wells Fargo and I can't add them to MS Money. When I try, Money just opens up new copies of my older accounts. Wells Fargo saids that I have to create them manually, but I can't seem to be able to do that. Anybody have a solution? On Oct 22, 12:19 pm, PeterA <Pet...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Wells Fargo saids that I have to create them manually, but I can't seem to be > able to do that. Anybody have a solution? When prompted to choose a bank from the list, click on the link that says "my bank or brokerage...

move selection after enter into cell
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Upon entering data into a cell, I do not want to move to another cell when I hit Return. In the older version of Excel I used to be able to go into Tools/Options/Edit and uncheck Move Selection after Enter. How can I accomplish this in the 2008 version? thanks Aha - you've revealed yourself as a Windows user :-) Mac OS has never had Options, it uses Preferences instead. Go to Excel> Preferences> Edit where you can specify Up, Down, Left, Right from the list or clear the check to not have the se...

Enter Network Password dialog box
Since we upgraded to Office 2000, I receive the "Enter Network Password" dialog box every time email is received. The server, user name, and password are all filled in. I have the option to OK or Cancel. Selecting either will close the dialog box and bring up the Microsoft Outlook new mail has arrived notification. How can I get the "Enter Network Password" dialog box to go away? If numerous emails come in, the dialog box pops up for each one. Chris Bauer ...

Return to Column A #2
There was a post almost a month ago on this subject. The question posed was a good one though the answers returned didn't really answer the need. It's easy to move to the right on enter but how do you move to the next row and first column if you are at the end of the first row. Yes one can hit down arrow/home or Home/down arrow but this is a little annoying. If a sheet is protected and cells are locked, isn't there an easier way to do this more elegantly? Thanks in advance for your thoughts, Greg Say you start with A1 selected. Type something in A1 and hit the Tab key...

Hiding a "Userform" instead of closing it???
I have a push button on my spreadsheet which loads my Userform in the following manner: Sub Button1_Click() UserForm1.Show (vbModeless) ' Display my Userform End Sub When a user presses the "X" button on the Userform object I believe that Excel will terminate the Userform instead of simply "hiding" it by making it invisible. How can I program my Userform to turn invisible instead of terminating itself?? I would rather have the Userform turn invisible so it can maintain its current position on the screen when it is re-activated again..... I not...

entering time
Is there a way to set up a cell so that I can type in 1330, and have Excel put in the colon so it reads 13:30 (military time)? right click sheet tab>view code>insert this. As written, works on a1:a100 Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) 'Ron Rosenfeld <ronrosenfeld@nospam.org> Dim InputRange As Range Dim Temp As Variant Dim i As Integer Dim Separators(2) As String Separators(0) = ";" Separators(1) = "," Separators(2) = "." Application.EnableEvents = False Set InputRange = [A1:A100] 'or whatever If Intersec...

2007 Tries to update closed accountq
Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open accounts at that bank as well In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote: >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. It is. On the Account List, select SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts You can customize rep...

Enter Network Password #4
I keep getting a dialogue box entitled Enter Network Password pop up for each of my mail accounts. while running Outlook XP (fully service packed) under XP Pro. It lists mail server, User and password (shown as *******) and an unticked `save this password in your password list' box. Needless to say, ticking this does not prevent the event from recurring fairly frequently. Has anyone come across a solution to this? I have seen the problem on many sites but with no solutions. TIA Toddy ...

Enter key will no longer return to begining of next row
From one worksheet to the next, the enter key will only activate the cell directly below the current cell. What Have I done to change the direction? Have checked the direction selection in Options and as suggested by MS Help made sure the Down was selected. Doesn't change a thing. Help! Sandy look in Tools | Options | and on the Edit tab check what's in "Move selection after Enter" Regards Trevor "Sandy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:212b01c3e06b$ac7afe50$a401280a@phx.gbl... > From one worksheet to the next, the ent...

Network Password entered each time Outlook starts
I have Office XP Pro with Outlook 2002 and EVERY time I start up Outlook it asks me to enter my Network Password. I do and check the box to remember my password but is shows up again next time. Anyone know how to get it to accept the password? I had Office 97 and Outlook 97 before and never had this problem. I have already installed Office XP Service Packs 1 & 2. brunyon@knoxy.net If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problem OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

Entering data
Hi, I'm entering quite a large inventory list from another POS and trying to find a faster way. 1. New item wizard does not allow creating vendor record as I enter new items. The drop box took too many steps to get to vendor list. Is there a short cut? 2. Matrix requires entering the dimensions and attributes for each item. I understand there is an option to establish matrix code for sizes and colors (for apparel), but I can't seem to pull up the code in New Item wizard. 3. Is there a way to add a color or a size to a matrix after the new item has been created. I understand ...

outlook 2002 and 2003 close no error
Hi I cannot find anything on outlook just closing possibly sending recieving and when sending Email. it is random. If anybody has a fix please advise. Outlook just closes no error. Thank you Joe ...

Can charts automatically change by entering new range of dates
I am creating a Dashboard report for my Accounting department at work and I have a weekly one I set up with links for the series of a chart to another worksheet. Easy. But what I am trying to do is instead of creating a new one each week by changing the link location for the data is there a way I can just enter in a range of dates and the charts automatically change and filer in the new data without me having to change the link in the series where the data entry is coming from?? You can define a dynamic range that adjusts to dates you enter into cells. I wrote a somewhat involved tut...

opening files created on previous versions
I am trying to open a file created in pub95 version5.0 with pub98. Response- cannot open files created on previous versions. Is there a way around this? Thanks Hi Lloyd (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I am trying to open a file created in pub95 version5.0 with pub98. || Response- cannot open files created on previous versions. Is there a || way around this? Thanks How do you know what the previous version was? FWIW, Publisher 95 (Actually called Publisher for Windows 95) is version 3.0. Version 5.0 is version 98. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publis...

How do we close an invoice in version 3.0?
In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. Now we have nothing. I tried customizing the form and adding the statecode, but that field is Read-only and so it didn't help. We mass-print all of our invoices and need them to be closed (not deleted) once they are paid. HELP! Thanks, Karla So sorry!! I did not see Invoice Paid on the Actions menu once the invoice was open. Solved!!! "KK" wrote: > In version 1.2 we had an Action on the toolbar to close the invoice. > Now we have nothing. > > I tried customizing the form and adding...

Using form to enter "query criteria" (between values)
Good morning everyone, I want to create a form with two boxes, where first box is lower limit of the value and the second upper limit. This values should be used in my query as filter criteria. Like this (query filter criteria): > "textbox1" AND < "textbox2" Does anyone know how I can build this in a form (i.e. connect my textboxes and query criteria)? Kindly, Mikael Sweden By thinking about for another minute I found the (simple) answer. In the query criteria I put the following expression: BETWEEN [forms].[nameofform].[NameofDatefield1] AND [forms].[name...

Returned error.
The error message is: 551 Command RCPT User not local and relaying not permitted from you The computer with Outlook is going through a Win2K router. Does anyone no if I need to change any settings on the router or is there a setting in Outlook that I need to make. ...

Return only the numbers contained in a field
Hello, I would like some help please building a query that will return the numbers only contained in a field: Table "PurchaseOrder" has a "Memo" field that usually has the following data: "Sales Order 7540:" or "Sales Order 34:". How can I create a query that will show me all the Sales Orders and their linked Purchase Orders (PurchaseOrder.RefNumber) where the SalesOrder.RefNumber equals only the numbers in PurchaseOrder.Memo field? Thanks in advance, Brett Welllll. You can but it might not be pretty, accurate, or fast. Actually I'd expect ugly...

How do I retrieve a previous version of file?
I have just overwritten the only version of a 2MB file with a blank spreadsheet? Can I retrieve the original *.xls file? No. Sorry. Not without using some super-fancy schmancy recovery software that usually costs a bundle. ******************* ~Anne Troy www.piersontech.com www.mrexcel.com "Urospin" <Urospin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5C27EB9-20F3-4CC7-BF6C-7ECC279DBDD9@microsoft.com... > I have just overwritten the only version of a 2MB file with a blank > spreadsheet? Can I retrieve the original *.xls file? What fancy software is available ...

(Advance Programming) Parameter Returned as Value
Hi, I wish some body could Help Me, I have being loocking for a solution for 2 days. I need to make a simple Query to check if the parameter values are in a Table. I want the Query to return "Founds" and "Not Founds". For Example: Table Definition: TName CREATE TABLE [dbo].[TName] ( [IdName] [bigint] IDENTITY (0, 1) NOT NULL , [Name] [nvarchar] (30) COLLATE Traditional_Spanish_CI_AS NOT NULL ) ON [PRIMARY] Values: Insert Into TName (Name) Values ('Paul') Insert Into TName (Name) Values ('Peter') Insert Into TName (Name) Valu...