Reset SO Admin Password is Lost?

v1.3

Is there a way to reset the SO Admin's log on password if it is unknown
(i.e. forgotten)?
--
Jocelyn
0

Yes, but it's kind of evil, so I'm not going to post the instructions
publicly.  Drop me a direct email and I'll reply with steps...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

jocelynp wrote:
> v1.3
>
> Is there a way to reset the SO Admin's log on password if it is unknown
> (i.e. forgotten)?
0
glenn9672 (1267)

------=_NextPart_000_02EB_01C6F37D.59A428F0

Jocelyn,

Actually its in CustomerSource

http://tinyurl.com/ye5u4a

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "jocelynp" <jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  v1.3

  Is there a way to reset the SO Admin's log on password if it is =
unknown=20
  (i.e. forgotten)?
  --=20
  Jocelyn
------=_NextPart_000_02EB_01C6F37D.59A428F0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Jocelyn,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Actually its in CustomerSource</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000><A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/ye5u4a">http://tinyurl.com/ye5u4a</A></FONT></=

<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"jocelynp" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:jocelynp@discussions.microsoft.com">jocelynp@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:4DB0B974-9951-405E-B6A7-2DC43E9EA450@microsoft.com">news:4DB=
0B974-9951-405E-B6A7-2DC43E9EA450@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>v1.3<BR><BR>I=
s=20
  there a way to reset the SO Admin's log on password if it is unknown =
<BR>(i.e.=20
  forgotten)?<BR>-- <BR>Jocelyn</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_02EB_01C6F37D.59A428F0--

0
spam3944 (2163)

Webmail failed password lockout
Good Afternoon, I have a user who is complaining that he cannot access his email through the browser on the road anymore, after several failed attempts to log in. He reports that he may well have entered the wrong password a number of times. How do I check to see if he is indeed locked out, and what the default lock-out settings are for the http OWA? Thank-you, -David ----== Posted via Newsfeeds.Com - Unlimited-Uncensored-Secure Usenet News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privac...

Pivot tables lost in Excel 2003
Hi, We recently upgraded some of our machines to Office 2003, from Office 2000, however are now experiencing serious problems with Excel. It appears that when a file containing pivot tables (all files were created in Excel 2000) is modified with Excel 2003, the pivot tables somehow become corrupt. The next time the file is opened, Excel reports an error and tries to repair the file, dumping the Pivot tables due to a problem with their integrity. The exact message is as below; PivotTable report 'PivotTable1' on '[Book1.xls]Sheet1' was discarded due to integrity problems. Pivo...

creating pop3 account, password grayed out
anyone figure this out? been searching, no luck. i know the fix for it, involves using a known good non-affected user profile and copying it over the account the account that has the password grayed out issue, but that shouldnt be the fix. anyway, hope that makes sense. on outlook 2007, when creating internet email account, when filling out the internet settings page, the password is grayed out. again, i have a fix, but it overwrites the profile which means more work, but its a fix. just want to know why it gets grayed out bump... im still having issues. I have no idea...

Money 2006
I have MS Money 2006, and for years (starting with 2002) I was just using a local password to log in to my Money account. I just recently thought I'd try using the online access for sharing the file, but it always takes forever to log in, and I'm just not comfortable doing this at the moment. Bottom line is, how do I stop having to login using my Passport password, and go back to my original way of using a local file and password? Thanks! In microsoft.public.money, HockeyTownUSA wrote: >I have MS Money 2006, and for years (starting with 2002) I was just using a >local...

HELP IN SITEBUILDER - create a password protected page or section
Sitebuilder has a "registration" template with a section for user name, password etc. BUT HOW TO PASSWORD PROTECT certain sections or pages in Sitebuilder? I looked at other postings on this subj but none solved the problem for me. THANKS Gave Us time we get Back with you! "sboyceb" <sboyceb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8D142D8-4161-43CD-B78F-7387FF0FC779@microsoft.com... > Sitebuilder has a "registration" template with a section for user name, > password etc. BUT HOW TO PASSWORD PROTECT certain sections or pages ...

reset combobox to blank
this is in a worksheet_open sub. the combobox is the only activex control on the worksheet. what am i doing wrong? i tried "value" but that didn't work. but neither is listindex. i originally had it all in one line but when that didn't work i thought it might need a "with" statement (ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Income").OLEObjects ("cmbCounty").ListIndex = 0 'Value = "") thanks a lot for any advice. With ThisWorkbook.Sheets("Income") .OLEObjects("cmbCounty").ListIndex = 0 'Value = "...

Stationary lost on replies & forward
Hi there, Outlook 2003 I have created my own html signature file which includes one graphic, text and a included style sheet. This is saved under signatures. When I write new e-mails, everything is OK. BUT, when I reply to a mail message or forward it, the image as well as the effect of the style sheet are missing. I have chosen this signature for new mail, as well as the ones I reply to and forward. How can I fix this? -- Regards, Deon H Not sure about this one but could it be that you're replying to Plain Text email items which wouldn't by nature carry your graphic signta...

connection lost to exchange 2003
having a annoying problem between Outlook 2003 ans exchange 2003. When starting outlook it starts in the offline mode saying it can't connect to the exchange server. The exchange server is online and working fine as you can access it via webmail. To enable outlook again i must run at a command prompt a ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew. restart outlook and all is fine and working for the next few days. Then it happens again. This is happening on all PC on the network. Any ideas helpful as the network is fine otherwise. regards James Please confirm the name resolution fu...

Can you password protect a folder?
Can a folder be password protected so that you don't need to password protect every file that is in the folder? I suggest asking your network support to change the access to your folder, or create a new folder. Give them a list of users who should be able to view or edit files in that folder. "Shrimp913" wrote: > Can a folder be password protected so that you don't need to password protect > every file that is in the folder? ...

Password protect send button
Work in an environment similar to the CarreerBuilder commercial with the monkeys. Everyone thinks it's sooooooooooooooooooo funny to send Outlook emails from my computer when I'm not at my computer. Is there a way to in VBA to require a password before emails are sent ? Why can't you lock your PC when you're away from it? That's what I would advise. Leaving it unlocked invites just such activity as you've described and rightly so. You are ultimately responsible for all emails sent and received at work, if you leave Outlook unsecured how is it you would prove tha...

Password Authentication
We use a Novell and Active Directory login. All user names are the same and the passwords are synced. We choose Password authentication for Outlook so it logs in automatically. My problem is, on 2 of our PCs, Outlook is still asking for a password. The PCs are part of the domain. Anyone have a suggestion? I should add the the PCs use Windows XP SP1 log into a Windows 2000 domain & Exchange 2000. >-----Original Message----- >We use a Novell and Active Directory login. All user >names are the same and the passwords are synced. We >choose Password authentication f...

XP Mode OE 6 Passwords
Can anybody tell me how I can get the OE6 in Windows 7 XP Mode to remember passwords? -- <Bill> Brought to you from Anchorage, Alaska. The normal "fix" for OE worked for another person with the same issue with XP on Win7. Outlook Express keeps prompting for your password http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_oe_passwords.htm -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Bill Bradshaw" <bradshaw@gci.net> wrote in message news:eUHAREXvKHA.1984@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Can anybody tell me how I ca...

Lost information
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop Hi. I had to reinstall my software due to my computer being frozen after an itunes update.. Anyway, I had no choice. <br> My entourage info is GONE.. all my mail, all my addresses etc. This was on my desktop Mac. I also have a macbook, with the same entourage account info etc. I do not know why, I get some mail on the desktop and some on my laptop, never a copy on either. Please help!!!!!! On 5/5/10 5:41 PM, in article 59bb80a0.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "chrisoz2@officeformac.com" <chriso...

Won't Remember Password #2
My email account calls for the password everytime I use it. Even when I check the box to remember my password, it won't retain it. I run XP. Anyone else having problems with this? If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 = patches, then see if this article addresses your problemL OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a = POP3 Server http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;290684 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups...

Best way to avoid the Password lockout
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01CADFE8.1C705110 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Every now and then there is a frantic post from someone locked out of = MOney due to password problems. If you undo the live ID will that = minimize the problem? What is the downside of removing the liveID? Marty ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01CADFE8.1C705110 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC &qu...

Exchange 5.5 admin tool on W2K3?
is it possible to install / run the 5.5 exchange administrator on a 2003 server? Its not supported. "Stu" <Stu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAAD5C2E-BF6A-477B-BB28-63074368E53A@microsoft.com... > is it possible to install / run the 5.5 exchange administrator on a 2003 > server? It is possible to install and run and if you are doing a migration the documentation will probably tell you to actually install the file in order to remove the old 5.5 server. Nue "Martin Blackstone - MVP" <exchangemvp@gmail.com> wrote in message news...

'Lost' user defined fields in Calendar
I have 'lost' all my previous user-defined fields in my calendar and I cant remember what they all were... After a few problems with my Outlook.pst I got all my data back. But in the process, I had to uninstall both Outlook 2003 and Caendar view add-in so I seem have lost my customised calendar views and the list of user-defined fields is now blank. But I remembered the name of one of the fields (called 'Client') and when I created it again and added to a view, all the old data was there. HURRAY! But I cant remember all the other field names (and there was some special format s...

Logon password
My logon password will not save eventhough I check the box to save Hi Anton, maybe this could solve your problem http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;290684 -- Ich habe nichts gemacht, gestern gings noch! Bitte in den Newsgroup antworten damit jeder etwas davon hat. Bravestar@Datenschutzministerium.de I am having this same problem, but this does not address chnages needed for XP. Do you know where that can be found? "Andreas Roeder" <Bravestar@datenschutzministerium.de> wrote in message news:ulNocenbEHA.3864@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi Anton, > m...

Access coding password
Previously i did write an application in ms access 2000 and i did putpassword in the coding session. So whenever i want to modify code ihave to enter password in the Ms VB windows. But i forget thepassword. Are there any ways to retrieve it? ThanksRgdsDaniel Tom, thanks for your comments,Yes I was aware that not all posters see the statement "Has this answered your question" As it wasn't the main cause for my comment, I have deleted the comment as you will now see.I mainly wanted some feed back as to the conclusion of the thread but I am sure a few posters can't find the thre...

Resetting permissions for Public folder Administrative Rights
Hi, One of our clients has changed the "Administrative rights" permissions for one of the public folders (It has sub folders) through the "System Manager". He has set "Deny" to "Everyone" group in the "Administrative rights". This means that even the administrator cannot change those "Administrator rights" permissions. I have tried using "DSACLS" utility but that only resets the permissions for the public folder security not for the "Administrative rights". Any help would be appreciated. Thanks ...

I lost a plugin
I used to have a plugin in excel for vba to clean up my code. It made it more readable. after a if then etc all programlines jumped in etc. Does anyone know where i can download it? Greetings Hans Hans, The only one I know of is Rob Bovey's at http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/MVP/MVPPage.asp HTH, Andy ...

lost office disc
I have lost my office 2000 disc and have been unable to update office for some time as everytime an update comes up I am required to use the disc. How do i get around this requirement? You could contact Microsoft: How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?id=326246 KT wrote: > I have lost my office 2000 disc and have been unable to update office for > some time as everytime an update comes up I am required to use the disc. How > do i get around this requirement? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips &...

Password on 2004
As a few others have commented here, I'm seeing sporadic problems with this. Before anyone asks, 2004 is the FIRST incarnation of Money I've used to manage my finances. I don't have an old file to be confused from. My MNY file was only just created last week. Sporadically over the past few days I hit the 'Sign in attempt unsuccessful' error. Today after a single successful login to add one transaction I synchronized my PocketPC's PocketMoney transactions then closed down my system. Now upon restarting and trying to log in I'm getting password refusal. There&#...

Password for rows and columns
Is there a way to hide a row & column with a password in a worksheet, in such a way that the other user should be able to work on the same worksheet but with the remaining rows & columns, without being able to open the hidden row & column Hi As standard all cells are set to be protected, when you protect a sheet. Select the cells, rows or columns where other users shall be able to enter data, then goto Format > Cells > Protection : Remove the check in "Locked". Hide the desired column / row. Protect the sheet (with password). Now the user can enter data as ...

Freeware to reset windows folder views from view->icons to view->details
About once a day I have to reset my Windows XP SP3 explorer view from "View -> Icons" bacl to "View -> Details" where I just wish it would stay put. To make all folders open up similarly, almost daily I then have to hit: Tools -> Folder Options -> View -> Apply to All Folders -> Yes -> OK I have no idea WHAT is changing my folders from view->details to view->icons (I'm the only user of the computer) but I wonder if there is freeware that will automatically reset the Windows Explorer Folder View options more quickly? Do you know o...