Reports printing thumbnail on first page

Hi

I have a problem with two customers of mine, when they try and print reports
it prints the first page with a thumbnail image of the report first and then
it prints the report.  How can I stop it from printing the thumbnail first.
Changing printer settings doesn't seem to make a difference.  They are on
version 1.2
--
Jenny
0

I have also come accros this issue - have no idea how or why, and cant put
my finger on whats causing it!  If you just re-print the report it seems to
work for me the second time!

If you find a solution or cause, please post it up here :o)

"jennydat" <jennydat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a problem with two customers of mine, when they try and print
> reports
> it prints the first page with a thumbnail image of the report first and
> then
> it prints the report.  How can I stop it from printing the thumbnail
> first.
> Changing printer settings doesn't seem to make a difference.  They are on
> version 1.2
> --
> Jenny

0
philip168 (189)
10/4/2007 4:03:28 PM
This has come up before in the group.

Once you upgrade to 1.3.1009 it seems to go away, however, if you want to
save paper, just maximize the print window before printing... seems to work.

"Philip Gass" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in message
>I have also come accros this issue - have no idea how or why, and cant put
>my finger on whats causing it!  If you just re-print the report it seems to
>work for me the second time!
>
> If you find a solution or cause, please post it up here :o)
>
> "jennydat" <jennydat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi
>>
>> I have a problem with two customers of mine, when they try and print
>> reports
>> it prints the first page with a thumbnail image of the report first and
>> then
>> it prints the report.  How can I stop it from printing the thumbnail
>> first.
>> Changing printer settings doesn't seem to make a difference.  They are on
>> version 1.2
>> --
>> Jenny

Sorry - I would like to recant. I just duplicated it on .1009. Not fixed
yet...

Anyway, maximizing does seem to work usually.

"Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message
> This has come up before in the group.
>
> Once you upgrade to 1.3.1009 it seems to go away, however, if you want to
> save paper, just maximize the print window before printing... seems to
> work.
>

> "Philip Gass" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in message
>>I have also come accros this issue - have no idea how or why, and cant put
>>my finger on whats causing it!  If you just re-print the report it seems
>>to work for me the second time!
>>
>> If you find a solution or cause, please post it up here :o)
>>
>> "jennydat" <jennydat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> I have a problem with two customers of mine, when they try and print
>>> reports
>>> it prints the first page with a thumbnail image of the report first and
>>> then
>>> it prints the report.  How can I stop it from printing the thumbnail
>>> first.
>>> Changing printer settings doesn't seem to make a difference.  They are
>>> on
>>> version 1.2
>>> --
>>> Jenny

I think it may have something to do with the printer drivers. It used to
happen all the time to me on both HP and Canon printers. But since I
switched to Lexmark a couple of months ago it hasn't happened.
Craig

> Sorry - I would like to recant. I just duplicated it on .1009. Not fixed
> yet...
>
> Anyway, maximizing does seem to work usually.
>
> "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message
>> This has come up before in the group.
>>
>> Once you upgrade to 1.3.1009 it seems to go away, however, if you want to
>> save paper, just maximize the print window before printing... seems to
>> work.
>>

>> "Philip Gass" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in message
>>>I have also come accros this issue - have no idea how or why, and cant
>>>put my finger on whats causing it!  If you just re-print the report it
>>>seems to work for me the second time!
>>>
>>> If you find a solution or cause, please post it up here :o)
>>>
>>> "jennydat" <jennydat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
craig6967 (916)
10/19/2007 2:07:53 PM
I have experienced the problem with virtually every kind of printer,
including Adobe PDF writer and other free PDF writers when saving to a file.

"Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>I think it may have something to do with the printer drivers. It used to
>happen all the time to me on both HP and Canon printers. But since I
>switched to Lexmark a couple of months ago it hasn't happened.
> Craig
>
> "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message
>> Sorry - I would like to recant. I just duplicated it on .1009. Not fixed
>> yet...
>>
>> Anyway, maximizing does seem to work usually.
>>
>> "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message
>>> This has come up before in the group.
>>>
>>> Once you upgrade to 1.3.1009 it seems to go away, however, if you want
>>> to save paper, just maximize the print window before printing... seems
>>> to work.
>>>

>>> "Philip Gass" <philip@creativegardens.net> wrote in message

That's interesting. I haven't had the issue at all since I've moved to a
Lexmark printer, but had it happen all the time with other printers.
Craig

>I have experienced the problem with virtually every kind of printer,
>including Adobe PDF writer and other free PDF writers when saving to a
>file.
>

> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>>I think it may have something to do with the printer drivers. It used to
>>happen all the time to me on both HP and Canon printers. But since I
>>switched to Lexmark a couple of months ago it hasn't happened.
>> Craig
>>
>> "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message
>>> Sorry - I would like to recant. I just duplicated it on .1009. Not fixed
>>> yet...
>>>
>>> Anyway, maximizing does seem to work usually.
>>>
>>> "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message

0
craig6967 (916)
10/22/2007 4:21:08 PM
I was just able to duplicate the problem with a Lexmark Z52 set as the
default printer. It might be model or driver specific... Seems like MS
should have fixed this by now since this has been a known problem since 1.2.

> That's interesting. I haven't had the issue at all since I've moved to a
> Lexmark printer, but had it happen all the time with other printers.
> Craig
>
> "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message
>>I have experienced the problem with virtually every kind of printer,
>>including Adobe PDF writer and other free PDF writers when saving to a
>>file.
>>

>> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
>>>I think it may have something to do with the printer drivers. It used to
>>>happen all the time to me on both HP and Canon printers. But since I
>>>switched to Lexmark a couple of months ago it hasn't happened.
>>> Craig
>>>
>>> "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message

Has anyone been able to duplicate it on V2?

--
Jenny

"Jason" wrote:

> I was just able to duplicate the problem with a Lexmark Z52 set as the
> default printer. It might be model or driver specific... Seems like MS
> should have fixed this by now since this has been a known problem since 1.2.
>

> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
> > That's interesting. I haven't had the issue at all since I've moved to a
> > Lexmark printer, but had it happen all the time with other printers.
> > Craig
> >
> > "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message
> >>I have experienced the problem with virtually every kind of printer,
> >>including Adobe PDF writer and other free PDF writers when saving to a
> >>file.
> >>

> >> "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message

0
jennydat (72)
10/24/2007 8:07:20 AM
Yes I have replicate this problem with V2.0.0.0116 & 2.0.0118 any solutions
will be helpful

"jennydat" wrote:

> Has anyone been able to duplicate it on V2?
>
> --
> Jenny
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
> > I was just able to duplicate the problem with a Lexmark Z52 set as the
> > default printer. It might be model or driver specific... Seems like MS
> > should have fixed this by now since this has been a known problem since 1.2.
> >

> > "Craig" <craig@cctropicalparadisepets.com> wrote in message
> > > That's interesting. I haven't had the issue at all since I've moved to a
> > > Lexmark printer, but had it happen all the time with other printers.
> > > Craig
> > >
> > > "Jason" <microsoft.public.pos@natureisle.com> wrote in message

0
Richard853 (481)

printing error handling issue? (when clicking cancel get 2501 error)
I have a report that when it is closed the DoCmd RunCommand acCmdPrint occurs ... but of course if the user clicks cancel, it gives me a 2501 error. How & where do I put code to surpress this error. I would just the close even to run the DoCmd RunCommand acCmdPrint and if cancel is selected just continue to close the report? TIA, _Bigred I understand that I have to do this, I actually don't understand HOW to do it, and where to put code to accomplish this?? 1) What code do I use? 2) Where do I put the code? Thanks, _Bigred "Duane Hookom" <duanehookom@NO_...

Adding custom pages to Windows Control Panel using MFC
Hi, Is there anybody know how to add a custom page to Windows Control Panel using MFC? I found some code on Internet but that was written in Win32 API. Also tried to find the material on MSDN but the content is pretty old (if I am correct) : http://msdn.microsoft.com/archive/default.asp?url=/archive/en-us/dnarvc/html/msdn_ntcplapp.asp Thanks. Is this what you're looking for? http://www.codeproject.com/shell/cpl.asp Tom <hugheslin@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1145355183.002746.18420@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Is there anybody know how to add a cus...

Trying to get filtered Report based on form combo box
I submitted a question about making a form and combo box act like a parameter query a couple of weeks ago. Someone gave me some help but I still can't get it to work. The combo box is linked to the proper list but when I run the report I am having two problems. 1. THe report is not being filtered like I want. 2. I can't get it to preview, it keeps trying to print. Here is the code I have (minus all of the variations I have tried): On Error GoTo Err_CmdRunRpt_Click DoCmd.OpenReport "RptProgramInventory", , , "[ModelNo] = '" & Me.ProgramCombo &...

Missing scrolls bars in web pages created with FP
http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm For some reason this page opens in a new window when linked to from my site, which is fine, but now there are no scroll bars either eek! Also on the into page: http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc_main.htm and the main page: http://www.bglawns.com/eahorc.htm The scroll bars are now red, should be blue. Help? Regds - Deane In line "EAHORC" <EAHORC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E612EBDB-301F-4F2C-896A-7C012B6D607F@microsoft.com... > http://www.bglawns.com/directions_pinewood.htm > ...

ERROR TRYING TO PRINT-URGENT
Dear users: I'm getting this error when I try to print a message from my INBOX, why? " An error has ocurred in the script on this page Line 252 Char 1 Error: Permission denied"' I'm the administrator and have total privileges Arturo ...

First post, need help guys!
Hi to all, I pasted together the below attachment. Can anyone help me with it. I need to know how to start a second grap 55% of the way up the original graphs axis. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Moxy1980/graph.jpg PS. I cant get the pic bigger but can mail if you leave a reply on th thread. Thanks again -- Moxy198 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moxy1980's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2807 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47583 Moxy The second set of dat...

merge printing
How do I merge print a zip code that begins with zero? Change the data base field to text. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "rick" <rick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05CDA400-61D1-4535-B8CF-17F44A7D6779@microsoft.com... > How do I merge print a zip code that begins with zero? ...

Create Second Page in Access2003 with Different Orientation (Portr
How do I create a second page in an Access2003 Report where the second page has a different orientation. The first page is in landscape and the second needs to be in portrait so that the mailing address is viewable for Windows envelopes. We tried to add a second page but it messed up the calculations and orientation of the from the first page. Any suggestions would be appreciated? Thank you, Mirsa With WindowsXP ...

printing emails in outlook (2000/2002)
I am trying to find a simple way to print only the first page of an received email. I cannot seem to figure it out. whether the email is in html, plain or rich text, I cannot print only the first page. any ideas/tricks? thanks davit ...

Reports by date
I'm trying to get reports based on a user input date. I don't want all the records in the database just the entries from a certain date and newer. Could someone please help? Thanks ...

Hierarchical Reports
Hello, I was wondering is anyone had attempted to create reports that are based on the designated hierarchy in CRM. For example, accounts and opportunities can have parent accounts and opportuinities. Even at the company levels, parent/children associations can be made. If anyone has done any work with this type of information, from CRM or other systems, I would be interested in learning the best way to work with the data, especially as it relates to links to individual activites and the ability to rollup values when possible links to not exist at a higher level. Thanks in advance, Rodney G...

AddJob function for printing
I'm trying to find a sample. This is another function that is not working the same on an XP machine. I'm getting error 1784: The supplied user buffer is not valid for the requested operation. code is similar to: BYTE* bBuf = NULL; cbBuf = sizeof(ADDJOB_INFO_1); bRet = AddJob(hPrinter, 1L, bBuf, cbBuf, &cbNeeded); if ( !bRet ) { error = GetLastError(); ...... etc bRet is zero value and pcbNeeded is returning the value of zero. The next step would be to call AddJob again with bBuf set to whatever cbNeeded established but the zero value triggers an 87, par...

Attaching an email or a scanned document to an Access Report
In my original database (now two years old), I added a paragraph of text in a memo field in a record. Now, after a group reorganization, I will be getting additional e-mailed information and/or hard copy that has to become part of that record. I am planning to scan the hard-copy to create an attachable document and/or open the email and somehow include the attachment to the Access record. Does anyone have any suggestions or examples? Would hyperlinking be the way to go? Sorry, I meant to mention I'm using Access 2003 and the documents are usually 2-3 pages long. "Help Elimin...

Clipping of images when printing
Some of the smaller images on my leaflet have been clipped (ie partially cut off) when printing. Looking at them on the print preview the clipping is not evident on there. What do I need to do? Thanks, Sarah Are they near the edges of your paper? Are they overlapped by a text box or something like that? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "millieminx" <millieminx@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C4146D2F-8395-4BCA-BD99-37A7EB328DDA@microsoft.com... > Some of the smaller images o...

Bulleted lines in report
I have been looking all over to try and find out how to add bullets to a field on a report. I am using Access 2007. I can find the buttons in the ribbon but can't for the life of me figure out how to make them active. I have a field in the detail section that can have one or two records or 10 to 15. When it lists them all I would like each to have a bullet next to it. Any help would be great. Thanks Mark I couldn't find a bullet but you could place a label next to the text boxes with a Caption of M. Set the font to Wingdings. This solution is a real bomb ;-) -- Duane Ho...

Bug Report
On Mac ----------- Construct linear plot in Excel including: 1. Title 2. X-axis label 3. Y-axis label Copy and Paste into Word Save and send to PC On PC ---------- Open file in Word Notice Y-axis label is gone I'm a Biochemistry student who uses Excel to do lots of number crunching. I use a 1.25G Powerbook G4 with OS X 10.4.3 and the newest version of Office. I copy plots from Excel to Word often when writing reports without any problems. Recently, I've began submitting reports electronically via email and my professor uses a PC. When he opens my files, Y-axis labels are mis...

Pivot report without the drop downs
I created my Excel 2007 Pivot table with the data I need. Now, I want to remove the Report Filter Drop Down showing lot more information than my peers or superiors need to see or even try to view. The same is true for the Rows Labels and Column Labels with the drop down. I figured out how to remove the plus signs by using the "Show/Hide" on the Options on the Ribbon. I tried the copy and paste but for some reason I can only do .txt or object. There is no paste special. Then the format is not the same. Do anyone have an answer for this problem? Thanks a million, Ty ...

Printing Grid lines
Excel 2002 was just loaded on my comuter. I cannot figure out how to print gridlines. I went to Tools, Options and View tab and checked gridlines there. I also went to File, Page Setup and sheet and checked gridlines there. When I do a print preview, the show on the screen but when I print, they do not print. Any ideas? Thank you Susan Vickstrom Minnesota State Community and Technical College Fergus Falls Campus 218-739-7555 Could be related to printer resolution. Try setting pritner to Draft and the Best Quality and observe the difference. Bernard "Susan Vickstrom" &l...

Printing reports #3
Money Ess. How do I print a report for gross pay, or net pay,or some form of income . I look at help page and it say"s to go to commen task to pick this task ,But it"s not available . ...

Make Reporting Easier to customize
In future updates it would make life much easier if all the tools you needed to customize reports came with the CRM software. I am trying to do customization of reports and so far have had to buy a license for VB.net and the reporting still is not up and running yet. Even if you included a stripped down version of the business intelligence reports within CRM it would make a world of difference. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in th...

Extract First Name From String
How can I extract the First Name only from the String Below? I only want to pick up 'Veronica' I can get the Last Name by using CHARINDEX(',',[Patient Name])-1 [Patient Name] = LUNA,VERONICA E -- Brian Conner Message posted via SQLMonster.com http://www.sqlmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/sql-server-programming/200912/1 Brian SELECT LEFT(@Value, CHARINDEX(',', @Value)-1), "Brian Conner via SQLMonster.com" <u47161@uwe> wrote in message news:a0558fa5b6081@uwe... > How can I extract the First Name only from the String Be...

Printing Receipts in Money 2004
Using the older version for the first time. Enjoying the use of the Invoices, but cannot figure out how to print a Receipt to show proof of payment. Also, how can we customize that printout? The closest thing we've found is a Statement Memo printout for an account, but it doesn't include our (the company's) information or logo. Thoughts, ideas? ...

Page Layout Question
Hi - I am trying to create an invitation that is a half of a page. I want the half page folded in half to show a picture on the front and then when you open it, the details on the page on the right. I can't figure out how to set this up...everything that I try makes it so I have to fold the page in fours instead of just in half. Any suggestions on how to set it up this way? Thanks! Set it up as a booklet. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Carol" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Cursor jump to first field
Hi! In A2007 I have a form with TabCtl with pages. In each page I have one subform with field and comboboxes. After choose an option in theese combos show us textboxes. If to accede the field I need to use the scrollbar, when write in textbox the cursor jump to yhe 1st field in this sub form. Consequently we need to use the scrollbar again to to go next field and like this successively. How is possible the cursor to stay inside of the last field and to avoid to jump and to turn to scrollbar? Thanks in advance. an ...

Screen or print option while printing report
Allow a default for the company or the user that can set the report option ( Screen or Print ) -- Regards Santosh ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8c0c7c3b...