Reports at POS

Is there a way to have reports print at the POS terminal? I would like tobe
able to print a couple of reports showing qty's sold for specific items at
the POS/Cash Register

0
SD (74)
4/30/2007 4:30:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think you can do it with the POS manager.

"SD" <SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to have reports print at the POS terminal? I would like
> tobe
> able to print a couple of reports showing qty's sold for specific items at
> the POS/Cash Register

0
julien9996 (95)
4/30/2007 5:10:22 PM
I know it can be done with the POS Manager, but I would like to have a custom
button or something so that it can be printed right from the POS/Cash
Register.

"Julien Bonnier" wrote:

> I think you can do it with the POS manager.
>

> "SD" <SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to have reports print at the POS terminal? I would like
> > tobe
> > able to print a couple of reports showing qty's sold for specific items at
> > the POS/Cash Register

0
SD (74)
4/30/2007 7:14:03 PM
Not in RMS, but I'm not sure about MSPOS.

You CAN create a custom button that loads a web page in RMS though.  If
you know any web programming, you can generate the information you are
after.  Probably the easiest way to get to this would be to use SQL
Server Reporting Services, but there are literally countless ways to do
it...

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

SD wrote:
> I know it can be done with the POS Manager, but I would like to have a custom
> button or something so that it can be printed right from the POS/Cash
> Register.
>

> "Julien Bonnier" wrote:
>
>> I think you can do it with the POS manager.
>>

>> "SD" <SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a way to have reports print at the POS terminal? I would like
>>> tobe
>>> able to print a couple of reports showing qty's sold for specific items at
>>> the POS/Cash Register

0
glenn9672 (1267)
4/30/2007 11:04:58 PM
Thanks, I'll give it a try.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> Not in RMS, but I'm not sure about MSPOS.
>
> You CAN create a custom button that loads a web page in RMS though.  If
> you know any web programming, you can generate the information you are
> after.  Probably the easiest way to get to this would be to use SQL
> Server Reporting Services, but there are literally countless ways to do
> it...
>
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information.
>

> SD wrote:
> > I know it can be done with the POS Manager, but I would like to have a custom
> > button or something so that it can be printed right from the POS/Cash
> > Register.
> >

> > "Julien Bonnier" wrote:
> >
> >> I think you can do it with the POS manager.
> >>

> >> "SD" <SD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
SD (74)

Pull report values in VBA
I have a list of fields that I'm pulling in to my report. Basically values for Jan - Dec. For each month I would like to conditionally format the back color depending on the value each month. Conditonal formatting in Access 07 only seems to allow 3 conditionals. I need more. I figured why not code it on the form open command. Is this doable? I thought I could do something along the lines of: If Me!Jan.Value >= 90 Then Me!Jan.BackColor = "#224422" Else If Me!Jan.Value < 90 Then Me!Jan.BackColor = "#220011" End If End If Whenever I try to pre...

Page Orientation for multipage report
I am working on an application in where i have a 2-page report that requires the front page to be landscape and the back page to be portrait. Is there anyway to perform this task? I want to be able to print it two sided. I may be able to try a solution that will allow me to create the back page in landscape provided that When i print it it appears to be Portrait. The back page contains many label and one section with text boxes populated by remarks entries. If there is a way to rotate the dynamic portion of the report, I think I can rotate the labels and try that. Or is there a wa...

How do you add notes to the right of an FRx report?
My client would like to add notes on the right of the FRx report when it is generated. Is this possible? What kind of notes? You can use the row format to add "titles" on the left, center or right of the page. You can also add headers/footers that can be left, center or right justified. "Tricia" wrote: > My client would like to add notes on the right of the FRx report when it is > generated. Is this possible? One way to get short, static notes on to reports is to use column Z in the tree format. You can add up to 10 lines of text. These are printed as eith...

Report using RWOP (owner permissions on secured table)
Hello, I have a database that links to some tables where the permissions have been removed for everyone except the owner. I am trying to make a report access the data using owner's permissions. In the recordsource I have the following: SELECT Classes.Class FROM Classes WITH OWNERACCESS OPTION; This isn't working. What am I missing? I have about 35 reports that I would like to convert to this format so that my tables are more secure. Thanks, Beth ...

Getting Rid of "Ghost Field" on Access Report
Hello All, I'm hoping you can help me with a puzzling behavior exhibited by an Access report. When I attempt to run it I receive an error message asking for a value to a field that is not on the report or the underlying query. I have a report, which I will refer to as MyReport#1. It runs off of a MyQuery#1 without any error messages. I used MyReport#1 as the basis for a second repot, which I will call My Report#2. Everything, in MyReport#2 is identical as MyReport#1 except for one field. MyReport#2 runs off of a different query which I will call MyQuery#2. If I run MyQuery#2 by...

CRM3 and Reporting Service challenges
Hello to all. As with many others, it seems that I am also having some challenges in making CRM and Reports to work. SET-UP (note, name of server and DB changed) CRM and SQL on SRVSQL Reporting service on SRVRPT DC on SRVDC Exchange on SRVEXCH SRVSQL AD Account was put into the "pre-windows2000 group" SRVSQL properties for delegation as been set to "trust this computer for delegation to specified services only", with "use any protocol" and HTTP as the service type for the computer SRVRPT (tried Kerberos only with no result) After the installation that went ve...

Projectwise Resource Engaged & Availability report
Hi, I am new to MSP & MSPWA. We generally use MSP & PWA to manage our projects. Now we require a report that shows status (Allocated and Available) of all active resources on a particular day or daywise. Is there any existing report for it or how can it be developed? Please help me out. Hi, a tip for your next question: to get answers for project server questions, it is better to ask in microsoft.public.project.server. There are several methods to see what you want to see. Depends if you want to have a graphical overview, on the number of your active resources, .... ...

Reports duplicating rows of information
Hi, I have inherited an Access 2000 database. Whilst i am in the process of bringing to a useable standard, it is producing an unusual glitch. I have a form which is used for orders, which the data is subsequently used for producing order forms and invoice sheets. At random times the Report will replicated lines of data from one of the subforms. The data only appears in the table once and I can only see this error on the forms themselves. I am bound to have many other queries as I have become used to using 2007. Thanks in advance Charlotte In your query designer, ...

drawing excel like grids on access reports
Hi All, I want to draw excel like grids on my access reports. The line should start from the top of each label in the page footer to the bottom of the corresponding text box in the page footer.(For each text box in the detail section, there's one unbound text box in the page footer to display totals). I don't know how to do this. can anyone please help me? -- from chanakya Baruva Can't you use rectangle or line controls in your various sections? These should work unless your sections are set to Can Grow. If this is the case, you may need to use the Line method ...

better reporting system?
HI this is a very gereric question. I am working on excel for last couple of months. I am automating reports for my finance user. THe process being followed doesnt seem intelligent to me. I want to take experts opinion ... I will expalin the whole senario. The data I am using comes from IT department to our department. The data originally stored is in oracle. AND to us it comes in excel format where some massaging is done with the data per requirement. Infact our departmetn also uses data from other departmetns say planning,etc. Finally the data comes from the IT deaprt only. Since...

Report Writer Drawing options
Hi Y'all Im trying to change the font in Report Writer but when i go to Drawing Options its Grayed out. what do i need to do? Brenda, Most likely the report is set up as a text report. If that is the case, changing it to graphical will allow you to control the font. -- Lyle U Brenda wrote: > Hi Y'all > > Im trying to change the font in Report Writer but when i go to > Drawing Options its Grayed out. what do i need to do? From the report definition window unmark the Text Report checkbox. That will turn it into a graphical report. Beware however, unmarking the tex...

I want to send a report to everyone at one address...
I want to send one letter to the client address and list the Beneficiaries for that address. Each Beneficiary is attached to its own Client record. that is how the data was imported. I want the address once, and each of the Beneficiaries at that address. The clients are the parents and the Beneficiaries are the children... the children's last name may or may not be the same as the rest of the children... I have a Client table that look something like this: ClientID Firstname Lastname Address City State Zip I have a Beneficiaries table that looks something like this: BeneficiaryID Cli...

Salesperson reports.
Hello. Is there any way to find any reports for salespersons? (not standart one) For example I need: Quotes for last week, Orders for last week, Invoices for last week. Invoices for last year and so on? Any suggestions are very welcome. Thanks. Vitali How about SmartList? "Vitali V" <vitvov@dynamo-ny.com> wrote in message news:u%23HBC8yyEHA.748@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... Hello. Is there any way to find any reports for salespersons? (not standart one) For example I need: Quotes for last week, Orders for last week, Invoices for last week. Invoices for last year and so on...

Short Crystal Reports Question
Hi all, How do I display a running total in a subreport in the parent report in Crystal Reports for CRM 1.2? Thanks all Tom You need to do code to do this. You can declare what are in effect global variables in the main report and track the running total in those variables. Becuase they are global the sub report should be able to access them as well. you may also be able to pass the contents of the running total variable directly into the sub report as a parameter as well This book may help you get started. Its the only book I have used for crystal in crm http://www.amazon.com/gp/p...

Click on Project number to generate report
I have a report "rptProjects" that I want run and filtered to show the details of just one project based on the project number clicked on in a summary form (continous form). The target report is linked directly to the data table and contains subreports linked to their respective data tables. I can get the Projects form to open to the specific record fine using the DoCmd.Openform, but DoCmd.Openreport does not work. I have placed the projects' PKeys on both the summary form and within the report and am using these in my code e.g REPORTID = Me!ReportID. Can anyone help wit...

The Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for: Thursday (October 22, 2009)
NSE India : S&P CNX Nifty The Afternoon Newspaper : Daily Market Report for: Thursday (October 22, 2009) (Based on the activity of the previous trading day) By Dominic Rebello Review of the Previous day: The Nifty fell substantially on Wednesday (October 21, 2009) a net 50.85 points (0.99%) and closed at 5063 point level. The market opened down then turned up and continued so until 09:58 a.m. when it reached its day high at 5117 points. It then fell and turned into a range bound movement until closing near the day low. The market moved in a range of 66 points. Heavy selling was witnes...

1.2 Reporting problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C66799.C17B0540 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi, When I try and Export a list to Excel (Contacts, Leads, etc.) and select = 'All Pages' I get the error detailed below, if I choose 'Current page' = it works fine! Any idea's what I'm doing wrong? (I'm trying to upgrade = to v3, but that's another story!) Thanks, Rich Client side error message:=20 Microsoft CRM Unhandled Error Details:=20 Could not buil...

Create a statement query or report
I have a database with two tables. One is Project and has a ProjectID, ProjectNo, InvDate and InvAmt. Another table is ROA and has ProjectID, Date and Amt. How do I combine these two to make a statement with the data sorted by date? Thanks, Bill "Bill Allen" wrote: > I have a database with two tables. One is Project and has a ProjectID, > ProjectNo, InvDate and InvAmt. Another table is ROA and has ProjectID, Date > and Amt. > > How do I combine these two to make a statement with the data sorted by date? > > Thanks, > > Bill > > >...

colating data from a table
Hi I have a simple 1000 row table and I am interested in only the data in the columns shown below. Proj Code Name PC01 colin PC01 fred jones the project Code column data can change and a name is shown against ONLY if associated with that proj code. I am producing a report that has a lookup cell to select the name and then automatically it will return all the Proj Codes that name is shown against. I can get it to select the first match but not go down all the rows :) Many thanks for any and all help with this.. Cheers UKMAN One way to set it up to delive...

Exception Reports
Does anyone know if it is possible to complete the following query using standard MSCRM querying tools i.e. standard reports / advanced find Query the database to view all of the accounts that have not had any activities created or updated within the past x months? Appreciate I can create a custom report to do this, but is it possible using the standard tools? Thanks Jo Savidge i tihnk its possible but you will always have issues..what happens if someone added an actvity on a contact linked to the account for example. If you have a process that says users can only add activities to acc...

Reports icon disappears from the entity lists and entity forms
During the day the reports icon disappears and appears again to different users. However, the menu item in the workplace is always there. Have you any idea why does this happen? ...

Question Regarding POS Synchronization
I am looking into implementing POS in my retail store, but I'm not quite sure how the synchronization process works between the POS front-end and our Quickbooks on the back-end. The issue is that while we have a physical retail store, we also do some orders that ship immediately from the store and are then invoiced to one of our independent sales reps which they will pay at a later time. These invoiced transactions, if I understand correctly, will still need to be done in Quickbooks, not in POS. Is this correct? The item will be deducted from inventory, but we are still awaiting pa...

Summary Table's in Reports
Hi Guys, Fingers crossed you can help me out with this... I have a table in a database (tbl_events), which includes thre important fields; EventType (Text - Lookup) EventDate (ShortDate) EcentLocation (Text - Lookup) Now, i need the contents of this table summarised, so, for example.. lets say the table contains the following data.. Code ------------------- Type Date Location A 01/01/06 Office1 B 01/02/06 Office1 A 01/02/06 Office1 A 01/02/06 Office1 B 01/01/06 Office2 B 01/02/06 ...

Can new items be entered into the POS using .csv?
Situation: We have a RMS station at location "A" that uses RMS V2.x. Then we have a RMS station at location "B" that uses RMS V1.x Both locations feed off of the same inventory. New items that we have were added to location "A" (V2.x) but were not added to location "B" (V1.x) We now want to sync up location "B" with location "A". We cannot transfer the database from "A" to "B" so we are stuck with manually adding the new products to "B". I have two questions. 1. Is there a...

Hiding a window when a report opens
I want users to select a filter criteria on a form (Main Menu), hide the form and open a report maximized. It worked well with slightly modified code and in other forms that I have used, but I am at a loss on how to get it to work. It opens the report fine, but then the form shows up on top with a non-maximized report in a second window. The report filters correctly. Dim stLinkCriteria As String If (Forms![Main Menu]!AcctBreakout = 1) Then DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdWindowHide stLinkCriteria = "[All Data].Projsub= " & [Field5] DoCmd.OpenReport ...