Report Query in RMS

Is there somewhere that I could get some information as to how the reports
in RMS are composed.

When you look at the various reports they all seem fairly simple in there
basic structure.

Are the any examples of how these reports are composed.  The //---
Columns ---// iformation seems to be the same in most reports, same as the
//--- Title Rows ---//.

Setting up the flitters and the TablesQueried I need to understand.

I have the schema for 1.2.

How do I better understand the following or what do I need to learn.  I wish
I was in college again and had all the time in the world.

//--- Report Summary --- //

Begin ReportSummary
   ReportType = reporttypeSales
   ReportTitle = "Detailed Sales Report"
   PageOrientation = pageorientationPortrait
   OutLineMode = True
   Groups = 1
   GroupDescription = ""
   DisplayLogo = True
   LogoFileName = "MyLogo.bmp"
   ProcedureCall = ""
   TablesQueried = <BEGIN>
      FROM     TransactionEntry INNER JOIN [Transaction] WITH(NOLOCK) ON
TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber = [Transaction].TransactionNumber
         INNER JOIN  Batch WITH(NOLOCK) ON [Transaction].BatchNumber =
Batch.BatchNumber
         LEFT JOIN   Item WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.ItemID = Item.ID
         LEFT JOIN   Department WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.DepartmentID =
Department.ID
         LEFT JOIN   Category WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.CategoryID = Category.ID
         LEFT JOIN   Supplier WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.SupplierID = Supplier.ID
         LEFT JOIN   ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeDiscount WITH(NOLOCK) ON
TransactionEntry.DiscountReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeDiscount.ID
         LEFT JOIN   ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeTaxChange WITH(NOLOCK) ON
TransactionEntry.TaxChangeReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeTaxChange.ID
         LEFT JOIN   ReasonCode AS ReasonCodeReturn WITH(NOLOCK) ON
TransactionEntry.ReturnReasonCodeID = ReasonCodeReturn.ID
         LEFT JOIN Register WITH(NOLOCK) ON Batch.RegisterID = Register.ID
         LEFT JOIN   Customer WITH(NOLOCK) ON [Transaction].CustomerID =
Customer.ID
         LEFT JOIN   Cashier WITH(NOLOCK) ON [Transaction].CashierID =
Cashier.ID
   LEFT JOIN   QuantityDiscount WITH(NOLOCK) ON
TransactionEntry.QuantityDiscountID = QuantityDiscount.ID
         LEFT JOIN   SalesRep WITH(NOLOCK) on [TransactionEntry].SalesRepID
= SalesRep.ID

<END>

   SelCriteria = ""
   GroupBy = ""
   SortOrder = ""
End ReportSummary

//--- Title Rows ---//

Begin TitleRow
   Text = "<Store Name>"
   Font = "Arial"
   FontBold = True
   FontSize = 16
   Color = "Blue"
End TitleRow

Begin TitleRow
   Text = "<Report Title>"
   Font = "Arial"
   FontBold = True
   FontSize = 12
   Color = "Black"
End TitleRow

Begin TitleRow
   Text = "Generated On <Report Date>"
   Font = "Arial"
   FontBold = True
   FontSize = 10
   Color = "Black"
End TitleRow

//--- Filters ---//

Begin Filter
   FieldName = "[Transaction].Time"
   FilterOp = reportfilteropBetween
   FilterLoLim = "<Today>"
   FilterHilim = "<Today>"
End Filter

//--- Columns ---//

Begin Column
   FieldName = "SalesRep.Name"
   DrillDownFieldName = ""
   DrillDownReportName = ""
   StoreIDFieldName = ""
   Title = "Sales Rep"
   VBDataType = vbString
   Formula = ""
   ColHidden = False
   ColNotDisplayable = False
   FilterDisabled = False
   ColWidth = 1515
   GroupMethod = groupmethodNone
   ColFormat = ""
   ColAlignment = flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

0
rlfabiano (10)
6/26/2004 3:54:03 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

how can i prevent report totals from rounding
In the RMS reports, when you group your report items and the report shows subtotals and a grand total, the results are rounded, so that if you were to add the individual records on the report manually, the manual result is different than the displayed result because of rounding errors. can this be changed so that grouped totals are not rounded? thank you kevin can this be done?? thanks, kevin ...

CrossTab Queries: Multiple Fields?
I've done several reports and spreadsheet-creators driven by CrossTab queries.e.g. A report shows totals for "funds" and we never know what or how many fundswill be present. A CrossTab query sums up the XYZ field for every fund andflips the totals on their side so there's a column for each fund.Works well and is pretty quick.But now I've got a situation where we need six or seven totals for each fund andmy experience so far with CrossTab queries is that such a query will onlysupport one total.My fallback has been to write VBA routines to retrieve whatever totals I needo...

PM Report error A get/change first operation on table PM_Distribut
I am getting the following error while trying to print a history report in purchasing. A get/change first operation on table PK_Distribution_WORK_OPEN' (45). Yesterday another user's system hung while posting a marked AP batch. She ended up shutting down her computer, then we recovered the batch from my station and all appeared find. I am not sure if these are related. Plesae help. ...

Error on new Data Base Query
I am tring to acces an excel Data base Query but the following error mesage appears : "UNEXPECTED ERROR FROM EXTERNAL DATABASE DRIVER (22)" This is after i selected the File to be used, Database Type Excel Files * HELP!!! I would try searching the MS Knowledge Base (www.support.microsoft.com) and/or perhaps repairing or reinstalling Excel. On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 10:05:05 -0800, "MESTRELLA29" <MESTRELLA29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am tring to acces an excel Data base Query but the following error mesage >appears : > >"UNEXPECTED ERROR F...

Smartlist problem............payables trx report
I am using GP 7.50 and created a smartlist report under Payables trx to show open invoice amounts by a vendor name. The criteria set is as follows: Vendor name = ABC Company Doc Status = posted Current Trx amt > 0 the other columns on this report is document type and current balance. For some unknown reason, the current balance does not always balance to my aging report or to any inquiry screen I may do for certain vendors. The only balance that is wrong is what is on this smartlist report. It makes no sense to me --- has anyone had similar issues. Is this column field "c...

format report like excel worksheet
dearfriends, I have an report based on selectqry with subreports in it now how to format it like excell worksheet so that iwill get very neat columns and rows in print out ,@present access report is not generating such report how to do it please When you choose 'New Report', then Auto Report: Tabular and base this on a table or query, it will produce a report similar to 'excel' with column headings and data in rows. The "cells" will be spaced a small amount apart. To make the columns adjacent, just select all fields in one column and set their left prop...

How do i export my agings detail report to excel?
Hi, We just switched from SBF to GP and to my surprise I am not seeing a way to simply export my Recievables Aging or pretty much any report to excel. In SBF I would just go to reports and click on Recievables Aging Historical, select my options and just click the Excel icon and it would export perfectly. How does this work in GP? Thanks, Raf The reports built using the GP report writer do not export to Excel very well. The best bet is to deploy SQL Server Reporting Services, which you can do using SQL Server 2005 Express or the full version of SQL Server 2005. There are trial bal...

Report Page Footer won't print
I have some reports in which the Page Footer won't print. It is set to print on all pages. Other similar reports in the same databse do print properly. I have tried changing the Footer Height and the Page Margins but have not had any success. My controls are set to Visible. I'm running Access 97/Win2000. I thought I might delete the Footer and add it back, but when I go to View | Page Header/Footer, after warning me my controls will be deleted, Access crashes. Anyone have any suggestions why it's not printing? thanks James ...

Running a query against a password protected spreadsheet
I used to be able to run an access query against a linked excel spreadsheet and update information in the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet is now password protected, and although I can run the query against it OK, I can no longer update data in it. Does anyone have any solution to this. Regards Steve What version of Access and how long ago were you able to do this? The reason that I ask is that Microsoft lost a patent lawsuit a few years ago on updating linked Excel worksheets from Access. I believe that they blocked this ability from Access 2002 and newer. http://support...

small query #2
if constructor is private, cn i create object thru mfc No -- - Mark Randall http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk http://www.awportals.com "harsh" <harsh.nanchahal@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1158811901.416360.276530@d34g2000cwd.googlegroups.com... > if constructor is private, cn i create object thru mfc > but in c++ its possible then why not in mfc Mark Randall wrote: > No > > -- > - Mark Randall > http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk > http://www.awportals.com > > "harsh" <harsh.nanchahal@gmail.com> wrote in message &g...

Unmatch query
Hello I have table1 with (field Number) with 200 rows of data, and another table2 with (field Number) with 300 rows of data, including the 200 rows from table1. I want to create a table that includes all 200 rows from table1 and include the additional 100 rows from table2. i was trying to use the unmatch query wizard, but for some reason some fields are missing like the Number field. Not sure why. Please help. -- Thanks SQL statement to see all records in table 2 and any records in table 3 that match. This shows ALL fields in both tables in one row. SELECT * ...

Restricted Reports appear in user Report List
In GP 9.0 I restricted access to reports for a user. Although those restricted report/option combinations did not appear in that users Report List, The Report name with options <new> did appear in the list. The user was able to go to the options page and pull down previously created (and restricted) options. The report would not print, but the options were available for view. Our suggestion would be that a report should not be in the report list if they can't print the report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugge...

Report Calculations
I posted a question a couple of days ago and have not yet received any answers. Therefore, I'm wondering now if anyone knows of a good place to go to get the answers I'm seeking regarding what's probably a complicated calculation in a report (concerning calculations when working with grouped data). I'm not even sure if what I'm wanting to do can be done. Thank you. On Thu, 7 Feb 2008 09:22:04 -0800, Jen wrote: > I posted a question a couple of days ago and have not yet received any > answers. Therefore, I'm wondering now if anyone knows of a good place t...

Duplicate data removed from reports?
I have a report that is created from a query. It selects Last Name, First Name and the data for each field of the report. If there are two last names such as Smith the query lists all the Smiths but when I run the report it only selects the first Smith listed in the query and "hides" the remaining Smiths. This worked fine in Access 2000, that is what I created the database in. I have looked at filters but cannot find any in 2007 that would appear to be causing this fault. The report Sorts on Last Name, then First Name then a value in another field which all work. Any help...

checkbox as query criteria
Hi, in an Access form i've put a combo box that has a query as data source. On this form I'd like to add a check box that, when it is selected, adds the "is not null" criteria on a query field. There is a simple way to do this? Thank you very much for help. -- Remigio www.sacraspina.it www.amicitosondoro.it www.icmonteodorisio.it www.parrocchiacupello.it www.cralnuovainiziativa.it www.associazionehistonium.it On Sat, 1 May 2010 05:55:14 -0700 (PDT), remigio <linoreale@gmail.com> wrote: Create two queries. Then switch between them based on your n...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

crosstab qry as report source breaks Access2007
We have 3 reports whose record sources are crosstab queries. All have work fine on the pc's running Access2003. But, the one pc running Access2007 doesn't like the crosstab queries as the report source. We don't get an error - only the dreaded 'Access has encountered a problem and has closed...' It totally shuts down the access application. I stepped through the little bit of onOpen code while opening the reports and all works fine. I open the crosstab query and it opens just fine. To test the theory that it is a crosstab source problem, I tried to recreate one of the...

How to transform HTTP query string (HTML data) to xml?
Dear experts, I need to send a simple HTML form to an ASP.NET page which has to create a xml object. What technique would you recommend me to use in order to transform a HTML form data to xml? What naming convention for the input fields would be best so that I can easily parse the query string in the asp page and create the xml object? I also dispose of the .xsd schema of the xml that must be created if that could be of some use. At every request the .xsd could change so I need some general algorithm. I would greatly appreciate your help. ...

Crosstab query (I think)
I need help on structuring a query. I have an existing query that gives me as as output the following information: Region-Id (coded number with duplicates) Month (alphanumeric field) Reading (numeric field) the existing query gives for each "region-id" the "reading" for each "month". Thus there are duplicates for "region-id" and duplicates for "month". The new query that I need: For 2 given months, and I am ready to hard-code those values in the new query, I need a query that gives as output the following columns/values: ...

Query Existing Distribution list.
I have 7 exchange servers distributed over 7 sites. Each site is defined in the users general mailbox properties under Office. There is a distribution list for each site called: Site1 ALL Site2 ALL ...and so on, each housing all users in that site. There are many mailboxes that have no distribution list set. with over 15,000 users how can I check to make sure each users mailbox has the appropriate distribution list for that site. We created a script for all new accounts to be properly placed, but we need to check all old accounts. If they dont have the correct one for their site...

ZZ Report
We have not printed the ZZ report for several months. I was wondering what will happen if I click on it - is it basically going to eat up several rolls of my printing paper? And if so, is there a way to reset the ZZ report so it doesn't pring several hundred days of data? For once I am able to respond to a post instead of asking the question. First, I find it helps to search the discussion board with your question. Most of the time you can find an immediate answer to your problem. I had this very problem a few weeks ago. I have been running RMS for more than two years without ...

query results not showing up in report
Hi. I have a query that displays an employee's id, name, and current country. The output of this query is to a report. The user accesses the report by clicking a combo box on a form and choosing a country to view. I have macros set up for an OK button and cancel button on the form, and the on click for the OK button is what brings up the report. When I run the query by itself, it works fine and the output is displayed in the query's datasheet view. But when I try to go through the form's combo box and view the query results in the report, the data doesn't show up at all i...

Closed Equity Options not shown in Performance Reports
When an equity option trade is completed by entering a closing transaction, such trades are not at all shown in the performance reports and Portfolio Manager. However the closed stock transactions as well as open option trades are correctly shown in the performance reports. Is this a bug or is there a workaround? Any help would be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

Historical Stock Status Report Qty vs Amount discrepancy
I have quantity 0 in the quantity column but dollar amounts in the extended amount column (both positive and negative). I have tried adjusting costs, and variations of inventory transactions, ultimately I can change the quantity, but the dollar amount will not update/fix. I am in urgent need of assistance - trying to close year end! I am using GP8 standard On Jul 19, 4:44 am, Kristi P <Kris...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have quantity 0 in the quantity column but dollar amounts in the extended > amount column (both positive and negative). I have tried adjusting ...

How to express Between Queries in advanced find
Hi, I need to express queries such as: <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Any ideas? Regards -- Dimitris ------=_NextPart_0001_087C1335 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <DFoukas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to express queries such as: > > <entity>.<startDate> <= Today && > <entity>.<endDate> >= Today Queries in Advanced Find are, by default, AND queries unless you change it to OR. So you'd just do this by putting in ...