Report Formatting & Writting

Hi Everyone,

1. I am just gettign to grips with writting .qrp reports in RMS and wondered
if anyone knows if there is a WYSIWYG editor available to help speed up
developement?
2. I want to be able to hightlight figures on reports in red if they are
negative - is this possible?

Tia

0
jonathan1 (95)
7/27/2006 11:19:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

1) Nope, no WYSIWG editor.

2) No, you can't set the color, but you can use a standard VB Format
String in the "ColFormat" field of the column definition.  Here's teh
MSDN Reference on number formats:
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/4fb56f4y.aspx

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Jonathan wrote:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> 1. I am just gettign to grips with writting .qrp reports in RMS and wondered
> if anyone knows if there is a WYSIWYG editor available to help speed up
> developement?
> 2. I want to be able to hightlight figures on reports in red if they are
> negative - is this possible?
>
> Tia

0
glenn9672 (1267)

reports that print after the stock count
Hello: To the best of my knowledge, the only report that automatically prints at the end of a stock count is the exceptions report. A client claimed that, during last month's stock count, a "quantity report" of some sort automatically printed. They conducted a stock count this month and were surprised not to see this "quantity report" automatically print. I don't think that there is a such thing as a "quantity report" printed after a stock count. Is there? I advised the client to print the Historical Stock Status Report, since this other report...

formatting #2
I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi see http://www.cpearson.com/excel/case.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jackie wrote: > I have a large worksheet that I need to change the text to > all caps. I have tried using the UPPER function but it > will only work in one cell. How to I get the entire > worksheet to become all caps? Help! Hi Jackie If you have trouble using macros you can do this ...

Conditional Formatting #89
I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! Do you mean if the data exceeds one year from today? If so, select the target cell, go to Format > Conditional Formatting, choose Formula Is, and put: =$A$1<DATE(YEAR(TODAY())-1,MONTH(TODAY()),DAY(TODAY())) Change $A$1 to your actual cell reference. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to know how to make a block turn RED if the date exceeds a year. Thanks! >. > Try this in - Conditional Format - Formula Is: =DATE(YEAR(E1)+1,MONTH(E1),DAY(E1))<=TODAY() If E1 was ...

Is Crystal Report ver:11.5.8.826 supported?
Please tell me: Do reports made in CR Professional ver: 11.5.8.826 supported by RMS v2.0? hi Asad, the Last version support is Crystal 8.5 also not worked with 9,10 or 11. "Asad" wrote: > Please tell me: Do reports made in CR Professional ver: 11.5.8.826 supported > by RMS v2.0? Well, I've checked it myself. Crystal Report11 doesnt work with RMs v2.0. Haven't checked ver 9, 10. "Akber Alwani" wrote: > hi Asad, the Last version support is Crystal 8.5 also not worked with 9,10 or > 11. > > > > "Asad" wrote: > > ...

Zoom percentage and formatting palette

Sales Pipeline report
I know you used to be able to view the sales pipeline report by product, but I don't seem to have that option available in the "group by" ddl. Am I missing something? HELP! Viewing the sales pipeline by product is an important requirement. I haven't used this report, but it should be relatively easy to build your own SQL view for the report to group the output by product (clone the existing report and modify the where clause). Thanks for the reply. According to the help files, this group by option should be available. I opened the report in Visual Studio, and low-and-...

report format portrait and lanscape
Is it possible to have one command to change report between portait or lanscape? If not, probably the best solution will be 2 reports. Your information is great appreciated, Your report is probably designed in portrait. This means it is designed to print 8-1/2" - the left and right margins wide. If you change the printout to landscape it is still going to print less than 8-1/2" wide on the left side of the paper leaving more than 3-1/2" blank on the roght side of the paper. To fill the paper you would have to write code to reposition and stretch out each con...

Can't Get CRM 3.0 Reports To Work
In the readme file that comes with server installation in the early access program it mentions under Known Issues: ************************************************ Microsoft CRM Server Privileges Required for Installing Microsoft CRM and Using an Existing Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services Server The user installing Microsoft CRM and connecting to an existing Microsoft SQL 2000 Server Reporting Services Server must have as a minimum the Content Manager Role privileges at the Root Folder Level, and System Administrator privileges at the Site Wide Setting Level. ***********************...

Creating a Report using Tables (that have no relationships)
Im looking to create an invoice report that uses data from three different tables that are created dynamically by a query. The data for these will change but I would like to simply pull the data from these tables to create a report. The tables have the following information: 1. Company Info (name, address) 2. Customer Info (address, name, etc) 3. Customer Order (products, price, other info) 4. Invoice Info (ID, GST #, etc) I realize I could have created a table with relationships but the data above is dynamic as there are 4 different companies and based upon user inp...

Community bank's new software doesn't export in my format
I am still using Money98 which does all of the little tasks I need (no investments at my age). Two national banks provide exports in .qif format as a matter of course, but when my local community bank went to new (better) software, ".qif" was missing from the list of available export formats. I wrote the bank and received word that the bank's vendor didn't support Money98. The bank officer said: "My guess is the contract they have with Intuit and Microsoft stipulates they not support it as those companies want consumers to always upgrade their software.&...

Change order of fields in a report to a custom arrangement
In a report, I want to list sections in a certain way that is not alphabetical or numerical. Is there a way to do this? Curerntly, it is alphabetical as below: **Staff Section** Chief of Staff Command Counsel G1 G2 G3 Public Affairs Special Staff ** I would like for the fields to be organized as below: ***Staff Section*** G1 G2 G3 Chief of Staff Command Counsel Special Staff Public Affairs Thanks! Glen Try going to Sorting and Grouping. It is one of your buttons on the command bar. You should be able to set it anyway you wish. -- Milton Purdy ACCES...

Question on Formats...
This ought to be quite simple to answer. Is it possible to format the contents of a combobox? On sheet1 I have text in cells A1 to A8 e.g A1 = John, A2 = Steve, A3 = Claire etc. I have a combobox on a chart that displays those names when I click the down arrow. The default is lower case, black lettering. Can I make the names appear in bold and green for example? I have tried modifying the original names but that makes no difference. If I right click the combobox and select <Format Control> I cannot see a way to format my data entries. Maybe you can't do it. And I want to ...

Excel page format changes

two decimals - remove percentage sign
Hello everyone, I have percentages that i'm displaying in graphs with data labels. I'd like to remove the % sign so it is easier to view the data labels because the graphs are small, and i'd like to do it with custom formatting because there is quite a lot of data that i dont want to convert to whole numbers. I think the best way to do this is to somehow use custom formatting in format cells -->number-->custom to multiply by 100 and display it that way. is that possible? Thanks for the help! Adam ...

OL 2003; Question about two default attachments in HTMLMessage Format
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0" ------=_NextPart_001_0010_01C51E85.7F26CCA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Outlook 2003, XPP SP2=20 Hello, When I send an e-mail message in HTML message format, the recipient = (even when I send to myself) also receives two default attachments, = image001.png and image002.png. The first image is a what I would guess a = Microsoft ...

MS CRM 1.2 and MS SQL SERVER REPORTING SERVICES
CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Yes, they can co-exist. Also, please DON'T SHOUT. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 8 Jul 2005 16:08:02 -0700, HEC <HEC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: CAN MS CRM 1.2 CO-EXIST WITH MS SQL SERVER 2000 REPORTING SERVICES? WE CAN ONLY GET EITHER CRM OR REPORT SERVICES TO WORK NOT BOTH. THANKS. Could you please enlighten us Matt? If one has CRM 1.2 in...

conditional formatting: separating rows with differing values
Hi, Need help with conditional fomatting. What I need: I got a worksheet with 950 rows and 5 columns. The first row contain the headers. Columns A, B, D and E contains unique values. But the column C contains text values which repeats sequentially for 6-7 rows and changes thereafter. Now I want to put up a line (using border) through the whole row dividing this transition row. My Idea: Compare C2 with C3, if equal do nothing. Then compare C3 with C4 and so on till 2 consequtive values differ. Now divide the 2 rows using the border formatting option in conditional formatting dialog box. So...

Date Format when incoming date can be 0
I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in recent past. Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected. Cant figure this out , any help would be appreciated. Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending on your options) as the date value for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900 if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks you mean. If you want the cell to display a zero =if(Date=0,"0",date) "DP NY10601" wrote: > I have a date fiels y...

Parent Child report #2
Hi there does anyone have a parent child report? To list items by parent? Or by Matrix for that matter? Ivan The Reports Library has these two below: This report displays the Item Quantity List grouped by matrix code. Only matrix items are displayed, and each matrix code is displayed with its corresponding components. (April 26th, 2004) https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/Custom_Matrix_Quantity_List.zip This report displays the Item Quantity List for Parent Child items. Only parent child items are displayed, and each parent code is displayed with its corresponding child ...

Converting a number to Hour & Min format
I am attempting to take a basic number, say 2000, and convert the number into an hour and minute format (i.e. 33:33) only. Everytime I use the custom format tab or the time/date tab I get a date included or an AM/PM setting. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks in advance. Hi, For any number to be converted into time format you need to divide tha number by 24, since Excel time code is 24 (hr) code. then you forma the divided answer (83.33) into time, you will get 8:00 regards sazi -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Use Format/Cells/Number/Custom [hh]:mm In article <...

Draw continous vertical line in report detail section
My report has a report header approx 1.5" tall, a page header approx 0.5" tall, followed by the detail section. How can I print a fixed height detail section with verticle lines even if there are only a few records? Essentially, trying to replicate a paper form. The line starts at the bottom of the page header and continues to the top of page footer. In a post a couple days ago, Allen Browne recommended the below for drawing a line down the entire page.....this close, and I am trying to figure out a similar approach for the detail section. Private Sub Report_Page() Me....

Sales Targets Reports
I filled in the CRM Targets. How do i make a report to check the target against the pipeline? ...

formatting background on CD label
How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It looks really ugly. Faith wrote: > How do I get the background to be one continuous picture and not duplicates > of the same picture? I tried to look in help but couldn't find anything. It > looks really ugly. Instead of using the "background" option (which is more designed for web pages), insert the picture (either on the Master Page, or on the publication page and send it to the back), and resize it to fill t...

Text Function with Different Formatting for Number
I'm trying to use a text function where I reference a number from another cell but I need the text part to be bold and the number not to be bold. This is the formula I'm using right now: ="Sales: "&TEXT(A16,"$#,##0_);($#,##0)") Unfortunately, excel won't let me just make the text bold without making the number bold. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks M, I think a macro could do this, since it's really a string you're going to wind up with. But if you can put the Sales: part in a separate cell, life will be much easier anyway. then you ...

Timesheet reporting
I'm currently studying how to use Project Server 2007 for time sheets calculation and reporting To calculate the timesheet cost, we will use the hours spent x resource rate (custom field in resource) by task and project. The cost will also be broken down by direct and indirect cost using the % (custom field in the project). However for certain type of projects (identified by a custom field in project), the direct and indirect cost is based on the % (custom field) in resources. Is it easily done using exsiting cube or data analysis provided by Project Server 2007 and how...