Report Filter focus

Hey all,

I am experiencing an issue with the report filters in RMS. It is not a
show stopper, but annoying.

When I launch a report in SO Manager on a win XP machine, RMS version
1.3, the report filter is there, but the correct field is not selected
and the filter under Filters is not selected. When this happens and I
want to change the filter, I first need to click on the Filter itself
in the bottom box and then select the correct field out of the Fields
list, then change the Value. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

To use a real report as an example, When I run the Detailed Sales
report, Account # is selected as the field and I need to manually
select Date Sold to change the date.

In contrast, on a Win2k machine in the same office, the detailed sales
report defaults to the Date Sold.

Any ideas?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Creating a drop-ship invoice report in POP
Hello: I am attempting to create a drop-ship invoice report in POP. Where does GP pull the quantities received for any Purchasing Invoice Entry? Is it from the PO? Some other table? My report is using POP30300, POP30310, and POP30110. I'm able to get the list of drop-ship invoice line items, but they are sometimes duplicated. Once I remove the POP30110 table, the duplicates go away. I know this is something really obvious I am missing. Any assistance is appreciated. GP9 SP4. Thanks. -Joe There are no "quantities received" with drop-ship invoices, only...

Add lines or blanks to report
I am using a report to create a roster for attendees. The attendees are invited and loaded into the database prior to the course. The report has, in it's detail section, the following text boxes: 1. running sum 2. Attendee (control source: [qry_Attendees]![Attendee]) 3. Employee ID (control source: [qry_Attendees]![EE_ID]) 4. Signature (signed by attendee) The problem is that many times there are more attendees than were originally invited. How can I provide them space to sign the printed roster? I'd like to have the whole page filled with Attendee, EE_ID and Signature lines r...

Filtering Outlook tasks by modified date
Hello, I'm trying to filter my outloook tasks to only show those that have been modified MORE THAN 7 days ago. ie. modified <= "Today - 8" I haven't been able to get the Advanced filter in the view to work. I tried using the SQL filter but wasn't sure of the code to use for the filter to work. Any help greatly appreciated. ...

Budget, reports and categories (2005 Money Business)
Here is another item that is throwing me off today. It does not seem to affect anything, but I'd like to know why certain categories are showing up. When I'm adding a category to my budget I have these categories that I have never seen before (because they were Auto in a previous version): 1. Automobile 2. Automobile: Car Payment 3. Automobile: Gasoline 4. Automobile: Maintenance When I select categories for Spending by Category Report: 1. Automobile (Business) 2. Automobile (Business): Depreciation In the Categories section: 1. Automobile (Business) ...

maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report access 2007
I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. Can't find a answer to this question. What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:41:00 -0800, Robin C. <Robin C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no maximum. In reality you may be limited to some system resources. -Tom. >I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. >Can't find a answer to this question. > >What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? ...

Custom filter
I am using the autofilter, and wish to Customise a data set in one of my columns. A column has a listing of numbers 1-32. I wish to undertake a filtered selection of of only cells wish contain the numbers 1,2,3 & 7. How do I do this using the autofilter option? I have tried the 1-3,7 option but it didn't work w/ the 'contains' mode. Can anyone advise? Thanks, Unfrotunately Autofilter only allows for a limited number of criteria. I appears that you now need to use advanced filter. That allows for a lenghtier criteria lsit like 1, 2 ,3 , 7. --- Message posted from http://ww...

Multiple detail areas in one report
We are creating a database which uses several forms to input data into a Master_Data table. There are several categories for the data ex: Full Service Driver, Trade Driver, Misc Receipts, Misc Payouts. I need a report that breaks these categories out in detail like so: Cashier Driver# Driver Name Full Service Checks Full Service Currency Full Service Coin Subtotal Cashier Driver# Driver Name Trade Checks Trade Currency Trade Coin ...

Advanced Filter Not Working
I have a list of 408 people who need review for an award. However, of the 408 I have already entered an award for 193 people. I have an Excel spreadheet which lists in column A the larger list and in column B the people who already have the award. I am trying to filter the unique records from column A by comparing column B. However, I do not seem to be able to get the results I need; in fact I am getting no results. Can anyone help? I was able to do this very function before with little difficulty but seem to have a problem now. Sorry if this is a bit vague. I can provide more i...

Stock Variance REport at HQ
Hi there, I do a 501 then a 190 but this doesnt give me enough detail to work out how far out a store is in $$. Can anyone assist? IB ...

create report based on variable date/time
I have created a simple dbase based on an export of an excel sheet. The dbase is named "ExportSC" I have created 3 reports which are base on 3 date colums in de dbase. report 1: open -> based on column "open date" and the results in report are a result from a filter "=> "dd-mm-yyyy hh:mm" report 2: close -> based on column "close time" and the results in the report are a result of same filter with diff values. report 3: planned -> based on column "planned start" and the results in the report are a result of a filter "B...

Connection Filtering #3
I have a 2003 server with exchange03 sp2 and I would like to configure it to only accept smtp connections from one or two IP addresses. Mail will be filtered externally so I won't be using IMF etc. What is the simplest way to accomplish this? Global Accept and Deny lists? Thanks RDF Or maybe the smtp connector or smtp virtual server? Hi, On the SMTP virtuel server, only accept mails from these IP addresses. Leif "spacegoat" <rfarrer@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1148916476.501195.230910@j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Or maybe the smtp connector or smtp vi...

Crystal Reports 2008
Is it possible to pass parameters from .NET application to the dynamic SQL Command in the Crystal report based on the Ms Access 2008 database? If yes, how? If you are saying you have a source of data in an Access database (I'm not aware of a 2008 version of Access), and you want to get at .NET parameters, I'd think you'd get more help in one of the .NET newsgroups. Access doesn't care who looks at it's data, so the "how" in your situation may be more relevant to .NET or Crystal Reports. Good luck! Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP ...

using COUNTA on a field that has been filtered
HELP What is the function to count entries on a column that has been filtered. COUNTA will still count the hidden fields, rather than just the shown fields Take a look at the SUBTOTAL function in help. =SUBTOTAL(3,"your range")) John "deirdre.campion@xtra.co.nz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:036a01c53fd2$e1b1b8d0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > HELP > What is the function to count entries on a column that > has been filtered. COUNTA will still count the hidden > fields, rather than just the shown fields ...

generating report from excel, trouble with bookmark..
Hi all, I am trying to generate couple of word documents from excel sheet. I start with word template file with enclosing bookmarks to insert text and objects from excel. I have to add three things to the word document. 1. project name 2. pad drawing 3. table of data I am able to successfully replace the bookmarks when I use text. But when I try to copy the drawing(a picture), it doesn't work. Also I try to copy a table that also doesn't work. I don't know what I am doing wrong. The code is shown below. Thanks in advance for correcting me with your suggestions. shishi Sub Gen...

Advanced filtering in Excel to find records ending in xxx?
I checked the Help area and got lots of good information about using advanced filters in Excel. The question I still have is: How do you filter on a text field to find words ending in a letter or combination of letters? For example, I want a list of the records where a particular text field ends in the letters "en". I tried using "*en", but that also gives you words where the "en" appears in the middle of the word. try this in autofilter click custom equals *en this is wildcard find topmost cell must be column head. -------------- dtencza <dten...

Security & Reports
I did not mind the change from a list that could be selected from to your pre-fab for a company of 10,000 employees - Roles (sounds cool though - a buzz word these days?). However, since no reports actually print the report numbers listed in the create roles part of security, it is a real pain to try and put together things for companies that have employees that do multiple jobs. Printed reports, should reference the number assigned to them in the security section so that they can be identified. And, NO, the names do not match up either. ---------------- This post is a suggestion fo...

Need custom Report
Hi everyone ... I have this problem . I downloaded from somewhere a custom report xml. The thing is that when I have returns I am always short at the register. I tried detaild sales report, but It seems to me that it does not include sales taxes collected. Basicly I need a full report by registers and cashiers, including everything ... Like opening ammount was 200 , closing was 200 , and all the transactions total should be equal the total sales ammount in the report right ? So please help me with this little problem ... ...

Reports from Different Data Sources ??
Hi All, Building some reports in Visual Studio, and have a need to create reports encorporating data from a different data source - currently MS Access. I could encorporate this data in to new entities in CRM but would prefer not too, (unless advisable?) Can anyone comment on IF this CAN be done, and/or SHOULD be done (re pulling from different data sources. And if CAN and/or SHOULD - HOW do I do this? Thanx in advance, Jonathan Hi MD, Thats good advice thank you. I've been trying to do just that, but the problem is that the linked tables in CRM (to the entities in CRM) are not dynam...

MOSS 2007 Licensing w/ SQL Reporting Services
After review the installation guide it appears that I will have to install the MOSS 2007 WFE on our SQL Server to use the SSRS Sharepoint integration. So to use the SSRS SharePoint integration do I need to have an additional server license of MOSS so I can install the WFE on our SQL Server? Thanks, You don't need to install SharePoint on SQL. You do need to install the SSRS component on your SharePoint however. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Kai Stankey" <KaiStankey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Outlook 2003 SP1 NDR Report with bad KB Article
Recently a user has reported that she receives the following NDR when sending out emails. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: 4th Annual Energy Tech Investor Forum Sent: 8/20/2007 1:12 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Christopher Lord' on 8/20/2007 1:12 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. Doing a search in the KB brings up article ID 872896... I checked back with the user, and yes on the emails sent out, the FROM line is empty. She authenticates to the SMTP serv...

Report for items not sold yet or Last Sold is empty
Is there a report like the top performer for items that shows which items in the store that haven't been sold at all or for a specific time frame that way customers know what items that are not selling. Any suggestions are welcome. I am still new to the software. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

My Report Error
I always get the same error when click shortcut within My Report in my home page right after login to GP 10.0. Message is "Unhandled script exception: Illegal address for field 'IsPringting' in script 'PrintReport'. Script terminated." It happens on both GP server and Terminal Server. Olny if I open My Reports List, close it and then click shortcut in My Report, I do not receive the message and report is generated. I could not find any solution in KB. Can anyboby tell me what cause this problem? Taka Hi Taka Have you installed SP2 yet for GP 10? Fliehigh &...

Detailed Sales Report
Hi, When I run my detailed sales report, i include columns profit and profit margin. I have noticed that I am getting incorrect figures. The Cost, Profit and Sales Tax do not equal the Total Sales. On further investigation, I found that where I have sold an item more than once, the cost shown is only for 1 item, thus giving an incorrect COST total. Has anyone come across this issue? hi you might be using the cost field only. you have to make the formula to show the total cost I am sure the RMS is showing the unit cost modify the report as you like. There is no bug at all in report. &q...

Passing values into a report
Hello - My user wants to pass a customer number into a report and to only have the report retrieve data for the customer. Is there a fairly simple way to do this? Sure, you base your report on a query then put that criteria in your query. Under the customer number, put something like... =[Enter Customer to Print] -- Rick B "Nancy" <Nancy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D21BDF72-B505-4E43-B4D6-A4421BE8E29D@microsoft.com... > Hello - > > My user wants to pass a customer number into a report and to only have the > report retrieve data ...

Excel Sum with Filter & Copy specific Data
Hello, I have two questions regarding Microsoft excel. If you could help me I'd really appreciate it! QUESTION #1 I have 2 worksheets. One has a list of ID numbers (unique - one of each) and a column for totals (which is blank as of now) WORKSHEET1 A B ID #: Total: 1 2 3 4 5 The other has a list of ID numbers (many listed multiple times), has a number entry which I need to be summed and a date (which I filter by to get a range) WORKSHEET2 A B C 1 345 Jan 1 2 327 Feb...