Report Columns Don't Ad Up

When I run a detailed sales report, the Total Sales, Cost & Profit columns
don't add up.  In theory, Total Sales - Cost = Profit.  In this instance, the
numbers don't add up.  Not even close.

What gives?

Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

Tom,

If I'm thinking the same report, the Detailed Sales report profit column
only displays the profit per item, and not the extended profit.  I think the
same goes for costs, too.  The columns need to have their formulas changed
in the QRP file to account for the quantities sold.

Good luck,
Matt

"Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> When I run a detailed sales report, the Total Sales, Cost & Profit columns
> don't add up.  In theory, Total Sales - Cost = Profit.  In this instance,
the
> numbers don't add up.  Not even close.
>
> What gives?
>
> Tom
> --
> The worst words in business:
> "We''ve always done it that way"
> --
> Stop Fishing for eMail.

0
mrocha (144)
11/12/2005 12:36:40 AM
So I looked closer at the individual line items.  Here's what I found:

1.  Returned items show as negatives in the Total Sales column but as
positives in the Cost & Profit columns.

2.  Cost & Profit aren't Extended  by Qty Sold. (Just like Matt said)

It appears as though the Total Sales = Qty Sold * Sold Price (which is
accurate due to the negative quantities on returned items).  Cost is correct,
but doesn't get a negative in the case of a return.  Profit is calculated by
subtracting Cost from Sold Price, neither of which is negative in the case of
a return.

The problem is definitely the returned items not calcualting properly.

I will be posting a Suggestion for MS regarding this problem.  This is
definitely a bug report worthy topic.  I know that MS doesn't like to admit
to bugs in their product, but calling a bug a butterfly doesn't make it so.

In the interim, I think I'll try to create two reports:  Sales (Detailed
Sales where Qty Sold >0) and Returns (Detailed Sales where Qty Sold < 0) I
can manually deduct the returns from the sales for a fairly accurate
number--though the lack of Extended Cost & Profit data is disappointing to
say the least.

Tom

"Matt" wrote:

> Tom,
>
> If I'm thinking the same report, the Detailed Sales report profit column
> only displays the profit per item, and not the extended profit.  I think the
> same goes for costs, too.  The columns need to have their formulas changed
> in the QRP file to account for the quantities sold.
>
> Good luck,
> Matt
>
> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > When I run a detailed sales report, the Total Sales, Cost & Profit columns
> > don't add up.  In theory, Total Sales - Cost = Profit.  In this instance,
> the
> > numbers don't add up.  Not even close.
> >
> > What gives?
> >
> > Tom
> > --
> > The worst words in business:
> > "We''ve always done it that way"
> > --
> > Stop Fishing for eMail.

0
tomg1 (230)
11/12/2005 12:56:02 AM
This is a known issue and there is a fixed Detailed Sales report that shows
the correct values for returns in the Reports Library on Customer Source.
https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/Custom_-_Detailed_Sales_Report_with_Return_Values.zip

Rob

> So I looked closer at the individual line items.  Here's what I found:
>
> 1.  Returned items show as negatives in the Total Sales column but as
> positives in the Cost & Profit columns.
>
> 2.  Cost & Profit aren't Extended  by Qty Sold. (Just like Matt said)
>
> It appears as though the Total Sales = Qty Sold * Sold Price (which is
> accurate due to the negative quantities on returned items).  Cost is
> correct,
> but doesn't get a negative in the case of a return.  Profit is calculated
> by
> subtracting Cost from Sold Price, neither of which is negative in the case
> of
> a return.
>
> The problem is definitely the returned items not calcualting properly.
>
> I will be posting a Suggestion for MS regarding this problem.  This is
> definitely a bug report worthy topic.  I know that MS doesn't like to
> admit
> to bugs in their product, but calling a bug a butterfly doesn't make it
> so.
>
> In the interim, I think I'll try to create two reports:  Sales (Detailed
> Sales where Qty Sold >0) and Returns (Detailed Sales where Qty Sold < 0) I
> can manually deduct the returns from the sales for a fairly accurate
> number--though the lack of Extended Cost & Profit data is disappointing to
> say the least.
>
> Tom
>
> "Matt" wrote:
>
>> Tom,
>>
>> If I'm thinking the same report, the Detailed Sales report profit column
>> only displays the profit per item, and not the extended profit.  I think
>> the
>> same goes for costs, too.  The columns need to have their formulas
>> changed
>> in the QRP file to account for the quantities sold.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> Matt
>>
>> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
>> > When I run a detailed sales report, the Total Sales, Cost & Profit
>> > columns
>> > don't add up.  In theory, Total Sales - Cost = Profit.  In this
>> > instance,
>> the
>> > numbers don't add up.  Not even close.
>> >
>> > What gives?
>> >
>> > Tom
>> > --
>> > The worst words in business:
>> > "We''ve always done it that way"
>> > --
>> > Stop Fishing for eMail.

0
rob242 (534)
11/12/2005 5:32:19 PM
My CustomerSource expired. Would it be possible for you to send this report
to my email? nr0338@ hotmail.com
Is the return quantity calculated correctly in the Item Movement History
report?

Thank you in advance.

"Rob" wrote:

> This is a known issue and there is a fixed Detailed Sales report that shows
> the correct values for returns in the Reports Library on Customer Source.
> https://mbs.microsoft.com/downloads/customer/Custom_-_Detailed_Sales_Report_with_Return_Values.zip
>
> Rob
>
> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> > So I looked closer at the individual line items.  Here's what I found:
> >
> > 1.  Returned items show as negatives in the Total Sales column but as
> > positives in the Cost & Profit columns.
> >
> > 2.  Cost & Profit aren't Extended  by Qty Sold. (Just like Matt said)
> >
> > It appears as though the Total Sales = Qty Sold * Sold Price (which is
> > accurate due to the negative quantities on returned items).  Cost is
> > correct,
> > but doesn't get a negative in the case of a return.  Profit is calculated
> > by
> > subtracting Cost from Sold Price, neither of which is negative in the case
> > of
> > a return.
> >
> > The problem is definitely the returned items not calcualting properly.
> >
> > I will be posting a Suggestion for MS regarding this problem.  This is
> > definitely a bug report worthy topic.  I know that MS doesn't like to
> > admit
> > to bugs in their product, but calling a bug a butterfly doesn't make it
> > so.
> >
> > In the interim, I think I'll try to create two reports:  Sales (Detailed
> > Sales where Qty Sold >0) and Returns (Detailed Sales where Qty Sold < 0) I
> > can manually deduct the returns from the sales for a fairly accurate
> > number--though the lack of Extended Cost & Profit data is disappointing to
> > say the least.
> >
> > Tom
> >
> > "Matt" wrote:
> >
> >> Tom,
> >>
> >> If I'm thinking the same report, the Detailed Sales report profit column
> >> only displays the profit per item, and not the extended profit.  I think
> >> the
> >> same goes for costs, too.  The columns need to have their formulas
> >> changed
> >> in the QRP file to account for the quantities sold.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >> Matt
> >>
> >> "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GO_FISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message
> >> the

0
sammm (54)

Changing text in X and Z reports
Hi, I want to change a text in X and Z reports. The original text is "Paid on Account." I want it to say "On Account." How can I do the change? I already found the XML report template but don't know where to go from there. Thank you in advance. Win open file in Frontpage or text editor. Do "find" and type in "paid on account" to get you to the section quickly. or, just roll down until you find this section =========================== Section: Grand Total Out =========================== --> <!--BOOKMARK--> <ROW...

Adding new rows
I have a spreadsheet with 100 rows in, I need to add a row after each current row, is there a quick way to do this or have i got to insert each new row individually? -- Paul Sheppard ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Paul Sheppard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24783 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390760 I assume you want to add an empty new row in between the existing rows. One way would be with an extra column Save as "trial" first.......just in case thi...

BCP Computed Column
Hi. I have a table with a computed column. When I try to import data into table through BCP it generates error due to computed column. So how to handle a computed column while importing data into table through bcp from a text file. Regards, Muhammad Bilal You need to use a format file that tells BCP to skip that column. See BOL for info on bcp format files. Tom "Muhammad Bilal" <MuhammadBilal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AD65421-C599-4773-B56F-24841FE05D5A@microsoft.com... > Hi. > > I have a table with a computed column...

Need better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes
The exchange admins in my company have come up with a way for the sys admins to assign the user's mailbox store location. It's based off of last name. For example, if your last name starts with letter A, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store A, if your last name starts with letter B, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store B, if your last name starts with letter E, you go on Storage Group 2, Mailbox Store A, etc.... This is, I believe, and administrative nightmare. Is there a better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes? If it works for you and them, then al...

data labels from second column
Hi Column A is list of names (Bob, Sue, etc); column B is how much they collected (58, 12, etc); Column C is the date they did it on - so record 1 says Bob collected 58 on 10/07/07, for instance. I want to create a chart with the date for the x axis, amount collected as the y axis and data labels at each point within the graph giving the collector's name. So at X=12/07/07, y=58 I want it to say Bob within the chart area. Any help much appreciated. Regards Chandler On Mon, 3 Sep 2007, in microsoft.public.excel.charting, Chandler <Chandler@discussions.microsoft.com> said: &...

disable reports daterange dialog to show up twice
Hi, I created a report with daterange parameters. Everythings works fine but when I want to print some report, the report asks the user again for the date parameters. Having installed the CRM update CRM1.2-KB834913-Server.exe which should repair this bug, I noticed no change. The reports always asks twice for the parameters. Is there any secret for this mystery... Greetings Thomas Ott are all these parameters in a single report or are you using sub reports as well? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "Th...

How to print Z report twice?
Last night I run the Z report but the paper got stuck. When I tried to run it again it shows 0 sales. My trainer told me that the Z report can only be run once. Is it true? If not how can i retrieve the information again and run the report for the 2nd time? You can find it in the journal viewer just like a receipt and reprint it from there. <oez4u@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1154589409.592371.315400@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Last night I run the Z report but the paper got stuck. When I tried to > run it again it shows 0 sales. My trainer told me that the Z report...

Looking for Easiest Way to Create Report
We need to create a report from our accounting program which contains about 200 .db files. I have determined that the required information is contained in only 3 of those files. Out of those 3 files I need about 30 fields of data. The end result is that those 30 fields of data have to be placed into an existing excel spreadsheet in specific columns which has 97 total columns. For example one db file contains data which has to be placed into column c of the excel spreadsheet. another db file has data which has to be placed into column z of that same spreadsheet and so on Th...

CRM 4.0: Problem in running reports from Client computer...
Installing CRM 4.0 Professional Edition. CRM Server Box: CRM 4 Database Server Box: SQL 2005/SP2 + Reporting Services + SRS Data Connector Installation is alright and did not have any problem in that. Reporting Services reports runs ok from IIS Report runs okay when I run report from CRM within CRM Server. However Report do not run when I access CRM from another user computer and attempt to run report from CRM. Looks like a security issue. Can someone from this group put me to the right direction? Thanks a lot in anticipation. Oops! My mistake! It is CRM 4 Enterprise edition and not Profes...

Comparing Values In 2 Columns
Hi, i have 2 list of students names both of which are not up to date with each other and because of this one list has more students than the other. I want to search for students names and see if there is a match, if a match is found i need to copy the email address and paste it into the cell by the other name in the other list. See Below My spreadsheet has columns titled, (A)Display Name, (B)Display Email, (C)Sims Name and (D)Sims Email. I basically want to write a script that takes each individual display name in column A and searches in column C for an identical match, if a match is found i...

Third Party Dictionary Reports
Hi All, We are creating a custom table that has a one to one relationship with Sales Transaction Amounts Work, so it has the required SOPTYPE, SOPNUMBE, LNITMSEQ and CMPTSEQ columns to create the join. I need to add this table to the Blank Invoice, so that I can print the new custom fields. What should we do to ensure that these fields are available? Thanks in advance for your assistance Regards HS You have to use Dexterity to accomplish this goal. A separate dictionary has to be created. Based on working with a developer, it's a difficult task. I think using Crystal is a much bett...

Custom Reports Using MS Access?
Ran across a thread where Glen Adams suggested using MS Access to create custom reports instead of Crystal Reports. But Glenn never said where to point Access to obtain the needed information to create the reports. Glenn, if you are watching can you give us some more info on how to use Access to create a report? I'm not Glen... I think you would use ODBC... to connect to the RMS database. Then use Access to connect via ODBC... Marc Wagner www.gmroii.net "Dan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0df801c46ea7$d79b00b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... &g...

Viewing toolbar while in report
I've pretty much got this danged database ready for users, but am having a problem with the custom print toolbar I created not showing up in reports. I designated the custom print toolbar in each report property box (those that use it), but the toolbar doesn't appear. Am I doing something wrong? Linda ...

Crystal Reports XI password storage
In earlier versions of Crystal Reports, the user id and password to access the GP tables were able to be stored in the connection properties so that they did not have to be entered when refreshing a report. I can store the used id, but I have not been able to find a way to store the password in Crystal Reports XI. Does anyone know if this is still possible and how it can be done? Thanks. How Early? I have been using Crystal since V4 and don't remember that. However, You can set up a trusted group and use that trusted relationship when creating your reports. In this manner, y...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Filter Report by Form
I'm using the following code from the wonderful Allen Browne which works perfectly in an either or scenario (either by Start/End Date(s) OR filtering by client name; but I don't know what syntax to use to filter by Start/End date(s) AND anything typed in the client name field. I'm sure it's easy but I can't get my head around it. I appreciate any and all assistance!! Private Sub cmdPreview_Click() 'On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Remove the single quote from start of this line once you have it working. 'Purpose: Filter a report to a date r...

Adding time
I want to add time,like a sum. 12:00+12:00+12:00=36:00? I keep getting a basic time like 12:00. Could you please supply a formula. Thank you Hi In the cell with the formula, Format>Cells>Number>Custom [h]:mm Putting the [ ] brackets around h allows it to sum past 24 hours. Regards Roger Govier trucker wrote: > I want to add time,like a sum. > > 12:00+12:00+12:00=36:00? > > I keep getting a basic time like 12:00. Could you please supply a formula. > > Thank you > ...

Adding Fields and Tables to MSCRM
Is there a link or some reference on the ability to add fields to existing tables in the CRM database and/or adding complete tables to the CRM database?? I am asking this from the point of view relating to other existing CRM products (saleslogix, frontrange - shh). From what I have played with so far from playing with my SBS2k/MSCRM install is I my need to have a MS developer skillset. Robb, Using the schema manager in the deployment Manager MMC snap-in, you can add fields to the existing tables. However, there is no way to add new tables. Matt "Robb D" <robbd@eproductscons...

Sub Report Repeating
With On My Main Report I have a Sup Report, The Main Reports Shows The Project Number. Project Title and Enquiry: Enquiry Could Be Anything From "Supply Only Ductwork" The Sub-Report Shows All The Drawings That Are Needed For That Enquiry, The Sub-Report Is Set to a Contineuos Type, The Problem Arise's If Ive Seletced The Say 2 or more Companys For that Enquiry, What Is Happening The Sub Report Is Duplicating The Drawing List For How Many Companys Ive Set The Enquiry To. Is The Away I Can Just Print the One Set of Drawings for that Enquiry Records, and Not Repeat the Whole S...

How can I compare the column names from 2 tables and output them?
I have a requirement to place an alert if the field does not exist in my table, tblStaging. Can any one guide me to reframe this query with error handling messages? I know it is not good practice to use select * but I need to do this as my columns\field names change each time. INSERT INTO tblStaging SELECT * FROM tbl_XL,tblDetails; Thank you -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201003/1 Access is a relational database. If your "table design" has the fields in your table(s) changing frequently,...

Pivot Table and adding a % column, that is not in original data
Hi, Is it possible to add a column for % calculations when the % column is not in original data? To clarify, my original data is as follows: Produt Sales Returns Date A 5 June B 6 June A 1 July A 1 September B 1 November When I run the pivot table, one of the columns I'm then looking to get is a total % of returns over sales , but I cant see how to include in a Pivot table. I can add it outside of the table, but that has problems ...

Custom Report 03-19-10
There is no way for me to run a report on Buydown Pricing, is there anyone who has a report for this option? If not, can someone write a custom report for it, and how much might something like this run me? I would like it to do something like buydown quantity greater/less/equal and same for buydown price... please contact me at nagarra @ yahoo . com or respond here with your contact info! -- Thank You Vince :) ...

Moving CRM
Hi All. I am in the process of relocating CRM 1.2 to a new SBS 2003 Server. If I have not created any custom reports with Crytal Reports, is it really necessary for me to back that up and then restore it on the new server? Since I have only been using the default reports, shouldn't everything be fine??? THanks! Jake, You shouldn't need to migrate the reports. But, are you using the redeployment tool for this? If so, then there may be some reasons that this introduces that make it a requirement. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------...

Crystal Reports 9.2.3 and CRM
Hi, I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Version 9.2.3. I know the recommanded version is 9.2.2 but was just wondering if somebody successfully worked with 9.2.3/CRM Thanks Eric I have used a version line 9.2.4 so I would assume yes it will work. Only way to be sure is to try it. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Eric" <NOSPAMerich742001@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:%23GB4wV9SFHA.1040@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I'd like to know if CRM does work fine with the Crystal Reports Pro Ve...

Customize global adress list column in a new mail
Hi! (I have Outlook 2007 and Exchange 2007). when i create a new mail message, hit the "To" button, my global adress list window appear when column by default: Name, Title, business Phone, Location, E-mail address, Company and Alias. Those column from Active directory of course. My question is: can I add/remove column in this window? For example adding "department" from Active directory? thx Since this is customized by your Exchange Admin, I would start by asking him/her if it is possible. This question can most likely be answered in an Exchange or W...