remove time card records

Greetings,
Does anyone know of a way to delete time card records either using a SQL
statement or other way?
Thanks
lax guy
0
laxguy (32)
8/9/2008 11:45:01 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

This deletes them by cashier.
Craig

DELETE FROM Timeclock
FROM Timeclock
INNER JOIN Cashier ON Timeclock.CashierID = Cashier.ID
WHERE Cashier.Number = '1004(t)'
"lax guy" <laxguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings,
> Does anyone know of a way to delete time card records either using a SQL
> statement or other way?
> Thanks
> lax guy

0
craig6967 (916)
8/9/2008 2:22:52 PM
Craig,
Thanks for the reply. I went to do this, but fornd that some of the records
I wish to keep so doing this by employee will not work. Can we do this by
date?
Thanks

"Craig" wrote:

> This deletes them by cashier.
> Craig
>
> DELETE FROM Timeclock
> FROM Timeclock
> INNER JOIN Cashier ON Timeclock.CashierID = Cashier.ID
> WHERE Cashier.Number = '1004(t)'
> "lax guy" <laxguy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Greetings,
> > Does anyone know of a way to delete time card records either using a SQL
> > statement or other way?
> > Thanks
> > lax guy

0
laxguy (32)

How big a record size is too big from a performance standpoint?
Hi, I'm pretty new to Access and I would like to know from a performance standpoing if there is a record / row size that is too big for an Access database. My record size will be about 4k to 6k and I will have a max of 10,000 record. They will be multiple users (1 to 4) accessing the database. I think Access 2003 and above will handle this, but I wanted to make sure before I got to far into the project. Thanks, ----- Dennis -- Dennis Dennis Use Access HELP and check "specifications". I believe you'll find that the max record length ...

remove errors
one of my row output contains some output values and some erros.I want to consolidate that row values without error values.I used iserror function but results are more are less same output values and blank value and output vales.To get in another row only output values whats the formula.suppose b1:b6 range contains data1,error,data2,error,error,data3,Iwant in another row serially in c1:c3 data1,data2,data3. In C1 =IF(ISERROR(B1),"",B1) and copy across. This will substitute a blank for an error. -- Gary's Student "TUNGANA KURMA RAJU" wrote: > one of my...

Automatically insert date and time in a side note
I know I can insert the current date and time in a note or side not by using sft+alt+f but would like to automate this so that the current date and time are automatically inserted into a side note when I create one by pressing the windows key + n. ...

Timing of payroll year end tax update installation
I am trying ot find out if the 2007 year end tax update for GP v9 can be applied prior to running the final payroll for the year. If this is just a form update can it be done early to avoid so much stress at the end of the year? Has anyone tried this? (I do not mean the new tax table update for 2008) -- Diane Burbank Dynamics GP Consultant Yes, it can be applied at any time. However, it is not just a form update. It includes service pack 3. The installation will require all users be out of GP during the procedure. All workstations must be updated. Make backups of the databases and the...

Convert Time "12:00:00 AM" into "12:00"
I have a table with time in this format "12:00:00 AM". I 'd like to extract the time in these two formats 1) 12:00 (12-hour) 2) 12:00 (24-hour) Thanks a lot, dear experts ! -- Allen Phailat Wongakanit "ali" <ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:991B1441-9E1B-42C8-A3E5-AF8061D4EDD7@microsoft.com... >I have a table with time in this format "12:00:00 AM". > > > I 'd like to extract the time in these two formats > > 1) 12:00 (12-hour) > 2) 12:00 (24-hour) Tables don't store formatted values. Th...

Remove Exclusive Access to Database
I have a database that I created using Access 2003. Someone on our network has opened the database exclusively, so when I try to open it it's opening read-only. I have no idea who has it opened exclusively and no way of finding out who it is. I need to somehow either kick that user out of the database, or at least wrestle the exclusivity away from him/her. Is this possible? Thanks. If you open the ldb file you should be able to see which computer names have the file open. The trick is to figure out who has which computer (you might have to get your IT/IS team involved. Second, yo...

Deselect top record #2
When looking at the history in an opportunity or a few of my other custom entities the top record is always selected, even when I select a different record. So if I try to open the second record I cannot. The only way to deselect the top record is to hold down the CTRL key as you click on it. I remember I've had this issue before, but I can't seem to find the fix anywhere on the internet again. Can anyone point me in the right direction? I was able to resolve this issue by reseting the settings in Interner Explorer. Tools - Internet Options - Advanced Tab - and then hit the...

Logos , business cards, flyers , media kits, web optimization, website design
BIG MARKETING FOR SMALL BUSINESS High impact, affordable marketing for your business is finally within reach. Welcome to Ritty in the City. We're a full service print design, internet developer and marketing studio that caters to small and medium sized businesses. But we do it with a twist. http://www.merchantcircle.com/business/Ritty.in.the.City.954-749-4308/coupons At Ritty in the City, we believe marketing is not about how big your budget is, it's about wanting to grow your business without betting the farm. That's why we do not charge retainers, lock you into long contracts, ...

ADC removal problem
I want to go to native mode now that our Exchange 5.5 server is shut down but I cannot because I get an error saying all connection agreements need to be removed. I was able to remove 2/3 connection agreements, but now i can't remove the 3rd. Config CA_SITE_SERVER The 5.5 server has already been removed from the 2003 system manager Help please.. Check out the following article, specifically step 12: 272314 XADM: Preparing a Mixed Mode Organization for Conversion to Native Mode http://support.microsoft.com/?id=272314 You need to remove the SRS, which will automatically take care o...

find a record
Hi, I have an unbound form with a number of combo's. I'm wanting to select from the combo and populate a number of text boxes. I know I can do it just by putting a control source in the text box of =cboDem.column(2) but am trying to work out how to do it with code. I've tried many different ways and just can't do it. I think I probably need 'find' in there somewhere... I'm completely lost now. can anyone assist? Private Sub cboDemo_AfterUpdate() Dim rs As DAO.Recordset Set rs = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset("SELECT tblDemo.DemoIDS, tblClient.Client, ...

Time formulae
Hi I use these formulae to insert the date and time in separate cells on a worksheet : A14 =TODAY() B14 =NOW()-TODAY() They update automatically when I open the sheet. It would be better however if they didn't do this until I use the Refresh All function. Is it possible to stop these functions updating until I need them to do so? I know I can switch global options off in the Options section of the program , but I'm loathe to do this for the sake of this one sheet. Grateful for any advice. ...

Date time picker control's format in resource editor
This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003 If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to “time”, save and close the resource editor, when you open the resource editor next time, the format of that date time picker control will always be reset to “short date”. In a word, it cannot keep the “time” format. Antbody know how to get around it Thanks! >This problem relates to the resource editor in Visual Studio .NET 2002/2003: > >If you create a date time picker control in resource editor and set its format to �time�, ...

Repeat data from previous records in a form
I am creating a a form for data entry and want to know if there is a way to repeat data in fields from the previous record (or default to previous record). For example, I user has 100 entries - I would like to set up the form so they do not have to enter their ID each time they enter a record. When you hold the ctrl key and click the apostrophe key ' access copies the contents of the same field from the previous record. This assumes that the new record immediately follows the old record so you may have to sort the source table and requery it after each time a new record is inserted...

System Time Range on WIndows
Hi All, Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. what i could get it start is as per UTC since midnight (00:00:00), January 1, 1970. Please correct if i am wrong? rgds, Ritu >Can any body please tell me what is the system time range on windows system. There are several time formats - which one are you referring to? The main one is FILETIME - which is an unsigned 64-bit value that represents the number of 100-nanosecond units since the 1'st January 1601. The other commonly used format is SYSTEMTIME, which is a time structure limited s...

Credit card finance charge
I don't know what I could categories for my credit card finance charges In microsoft.public.money, Henry wrote: >I don't know what I could categories for my credit card finance charges You can make your own category. You could call it "CC Interest". I call it "Bank Charges: Interest Paid." That's already there. Susan "Henry" <Henry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55114A0D-9189-43D7-847D-2F73ECFC045B@microsoft.com... >I don't know what I could categories for my credit card finance charges ...

Creating a button that goes to the next new record
I am fairly new to access and i am trying to build an inventory database that lists all our grounds maintenance equipment. I have all the records typed in but would like a button for adding new equipment as it is purchased. Ideally the button will take me to the next new record rather than an existing one. What is the easiest way of doing this? I am using Access 2003 At the bottom of your form, there are navigation buttons, like this: |< < [ 5] > >| * of 77 records The star button takes you to a new record. If you don't see this, open the form in design view, an...

vb script to retrieve DNS records, identify hostname and ip duplic
am a .NET user and I have a small project to do but using VB script unfortunately I have been trying to get familiar to the syntax of VB script but its not working at all it seems that I can’t find the right coding even when searching online plz help. Here are the requirements: Read from DNS Display each of the properties read from the DNS Export the records of the DNS in c:\temp\ZONE_NAME.txt by sorting by data Identify the IP fields Check for duplicates on the IP data Value Once identified report in a c:\temp\result_duplication_check.txt Thanks a lot for your h...

Run Time Error 7
I have been using Excel for a long time now , but today I just received an error message when trying to open any Excel file I have.... I t get an Visual Memory Basic box that pops up and it says "Run-Time Error 7 - Out of Memory".... I don't quite jknow what this means can anyone help???? I am not running any other program at the time and only want to run Excel...My OS is Win XP...... Any ideas on this, let me know...... ...

Close command taking long time
My form has a Exit button which takes excessively long time to close the form. I have tried both macro and VBA code such as following without any success. Private Sub Exit_Click() On Error GoTo Err_Exit_Click DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord DoCmd.Close Exit_Exit_Click: Exit Sub Err_Exit_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_Exit_Click End Sub What could be the problem? Matuag, The only thing I can think of is have you used the Compact and Repair Database Utility lately? Hunter57 http://easymsaccess.blogspot.com (Simple Access Tips) http://www.ChurchManageSo...

construct A4 landscape to make 4 sided menu cards
I want to create an A4 landscape menu with a front , back and centre. It should be an A4 word document which turns into A5 when folded in half to create a 4 sided menue? Once this is evident I need to be able to construct text each side individually? Please reply to:- steve@lacey25.orangehome.co.uk If you have Word 2000, you can use the "2 pages per sheet" setting in Page Setup. If you have Word 2002 or above, use "Book fold" in the same place ("Multiple pages" setting on the Margins tab of Page Setup). Or see http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/B...

time conversion #3
Would I be able to ask for assistanse please? How am I able to convert Time(UTC) into time for our timezone ,which is GMT + 10 hrs? Thanks in advance -- Kind regards, Andrew Richards Henderson Seed Group Pty.,Ltd C/- Plant Industries Building School of Agriculture and Horticulture University of Queensland Gatton, Qld., 4343 phone : +61 (07) 54 601088 fax : +61 (07) 54601087 email : arichards(at)mailbox.uq.edu.au =A1+(10/24) -- Michael Hopwood (Phobos) "Andrew Richards" <arichards@mailboxnospam.uq.edu.au> wrote in message news:bop3bc$7vs$1@bunyip.cc.uq.edu.au... &g...

default combo box value based on most recent record
Hi, I'm working on a database for financial planning. A client could have many plans written over time and it would be best if the same plan writer prepared them. How would I get the Plan Writer combo box value to default to be the same as last time for a particular client. I don't want to simply assign a plan writer to a client, thats not very flexible. My database has a Plan table with lookups for Client and PlanWriter. The Plan table is used as the record source for a form. So, if the most recent record for Fred Flintstone has Barney Rubble listed as the Plan Writer, the next ...

Removing the first exchange 2003 server from the forest using asdi
I had two exchange 2003 servers that had been upgraded from 2000. The machines were weak so we bought two new machines. I transferred everything, and all was fine. Then I went to uninstall exhange on the old servers. It kept saying that their were mailboxes in use that I knew did not exist. I tried everything. It would not shut up. We ended up needing two servers for something else so I just formatted them and started again. Now I would like to tie up the lose ends in the directory. What do I need to delete? - Did you follow kba 307917? Rehomed public folders? No issues with OAB and...

New record dosn't work?
The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond when I click on it. What have done wrong? Using Access 2007. On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:22:01 -0800, Keyman65 <Keyman65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: You may have a query that is not-updatable. That is pretty normal for complex queries and certain classes of queries such as GroupBy and Union queries that are never updatable. Sometimes DISTINCTROW will make a query updatable. -Tom. Microsoft Access MVP >The new record button at the bottom of some quires or forms dosn't respond &...

error popup run time error 429
Hi, When I try to run RMS programs (administrator,Manager or POS) it pop up window saying that "run time error '429' ActiveX component can't create object". Does anyone know what wrong with it? How do I fix this problem? Thank you very much I had this error message when I removed an Add-on; It turned out the add-on left entries in the registry (Hooks) and this was causing the issue. I removed these entries and all was fine. "qnguyen" wrote: > Hi, > When I try to run RMS programs (administrator,Manager or POS) it pop up > window saying that &...