Remote Connections

I am considering this product to provide 3rd party data analysis, and would
like to know if i could connect to remote locations, simply to run reports.
These locations are unrelated, so i assume using the HQ version would be
ineffective.

Can i just use the standard version and connect to the remote MSSQL servers
for each of my clients?
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Which product are you referring to?

Our application can analyze all of your client databases individually.

http://www.savitas.net/pages/software/rmsreports/default.aspx

Please contact us if you have any questions.

Jamieson Gill
www.savitas.net
"Christopher Metz" <ChristopherMetz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:84E493E3-59E8-42FC-A77A-7943BDFC62D2@microsoft.com...
>I am considering this product to provide 3rd party data analysis, and would
> like to know if i could connect to remote locations, simply to run
> reports.
> These locations are unrelated, so i assume using the HQ version would be
> ineffective.
>
> Can i just use the standard version and connect to the remote MSSQL
> servers
> for each of my clients?

0
jgill (39)

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C6A1C1.89C46F30

Christopher,

You could VPN into the stores.  Not "officially" supported by MS though.

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Christopher Metz" <ChristopherMetz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote =
in message news:84E493E3-59E8-42FC-A77A-7943BDFC62D2@microsoft.com...
  I am considering this product to provide 3rd party data analysis, and =
would=20
  like to know if i could connect to remote locations, simply to run =
reports. =20
  These locations are unrelated, so i assume using the HQ version would =
be=20
  ineffective.

  Can i just use the standard version and connect to the remote MSSQL =
servers=20
  for each of my clients?
------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C6A1C1.89C46F30

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Christopher,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>You could VPN into the stores.&nbsp; Not =
"officially"=20
supported by MS though.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Christopher Metz" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:ChristopherMetz@discussions.microsoft.com">ChristopherMetz=
@discussions.microsoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:84E493E3-59E8-42FC-A77A-7943BDFC62D2@microsoft.com">news:84E=
493E3-59E8-42FC-A77A-7943BDFC62D2@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  am considering this product to provide 3rd party data analysis, and =
would=20
  <BR>like to know if i could connect to remote locations, simply to run =

  reports.&nbsp; <BR>These locations are unrelated, so i assume using =
the HQ=20
  version would be <BR>ineffective.<BR><BR>Can i just use the standard =
version=20
  and connect to the remote MSSQL servers <BR>for each of my=20
clients?</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0183_01C6A1C1.89C46F30--

0
spam3944 (2163)
7/7/2006 7:33:23 PM
Jeff,

Cellular is available but tell me how can do it.The same question i posted 2
weeks ago but i did not get any response.jeff, tell me in detail how satelite
OR cellular can provide connectivity.i mean to say how RMS will work.i m
expecting a good n detail response from U.

--
With Regards
Junaid Idrees

"Christopher Metz" wrote:

> I am considering this product to provide 3rd party data analysis, and would
> like to know if i could connect to remote locations, simply to run reports.
> These locations are unrelated, so i assume using the HQ version would be
> ineffective.
>
> Can i just use the standard version and connect to the remote MSSQL servers
> for each of my clients?
0
junaid_rms (28)
7/8/2006 12:59:01 PM
Junaid,

Attach a cell phone to the HQ Client machine and when a request to connect
to HQ, it dials out to your cellular's Internet connection or direct dials
your HQ Server.  Info is then sent both ways and disconnects.

I would expect that there is an option for satellite phone service too, but
I understand that's extremely expensive.

Another type of satellite service might be available using television
satellites, there the connection is always on.

I don't know what communication options you have in Pakistan, but either
service is more expensive, yet is quite common here in the States.

--
=

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
 to see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
 follow the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with
newsreader"

 http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

==========

"Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Jeff,
>
> Cellular is available but tell me how can do it.The same question i posted
> 2
> weeks ago but i did not get any response.jeff, tell me in detail how
> satelite
> OR cellular can provide connectivity.i mean to say how RMS will work.i m
> expecting a good n detail response from U.
>
> --
> With Regards
> Junaid Idrees
> Associate Project Manager
> Enterprise Business Solutions
> 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan.
> 092-021-4392536
>

> "Christopher Metz" wrote:
>
>> I am considering this product to provide 3rd party data analysis, and
>> would
>> like to know if i could connect to remote locations, simply to run
>> reports.
>> These locations are unrelated, so i assume using the HQ version would be
>> ineffective.
>>
>> Can i just use the standard version and connect to the remote MSSQL
>> servers
>> for each of my clients?

0
spam3944 (2163)
7/8/2006 9:58:55 PM
This router works well with certain cell phone PCMCIA air cards.
Kyocera KR1.
http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/kr1-router/

Put this in at a client location with no DSL or cable availability, and they
were able to get all machines online via verizons newest air card.

This should also be good for a mobile HQ client, say at a flea market, trade
show, etc....

We have a couple of these routers if anyone needs one or two...

Jamieson Gill
www.savitas.net

"Jeff" <spam@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Junaid,
>
> Attach a cell phone to the HQ Client machine and when a request to connect
> to HQ, it dials out to your cellular's Internet connection or direct dials
> your HQ Server.  Info is then sent both ways and disconnects.
>
> I would expect that there is an option for satellite phone service too,
> but I understand that's extremely expensive.
>

> Another type of satellite service might be available using television
> satellites, there the connection is always on.
>
> I don't know what communication options you have in Pakistan, but either
> service is more expensive, yet is quite common here in the States.
>
> --
> =

> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
> to see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
> follow the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with
> newsreader"
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> ==========
>
> "Junaid Idrees" <junaid_rms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Jeff,
>>
>> Cellular is available but tell me how can do it.The same question i
>> posted 2
>> weeks ago but i did not get any response.jeff, tell me in detail how
>> satelite
>> OR cellular can provide connectivity.i mean to say how RMS will work.i m
>> expecting a good n detail response from U.
>>
>> --
>> With Regards
>> Junaid Idrees
>> Associate Project Manager
>> Enterprise Business Solutions
>> 4th Floor mehdi towers,shahra-e-faisal karachi,Pakistan.
>> 092-021-4392536
>>

>> "Christopher Metz" wrote:
>>
>>> I am considering this product to provide 3rd party data analysis, and
>>> would
>>> like to know if i could connect to remote locations, simply to run
>>> reports.
>>> These locations are unrelated, so i assume using the HQ version would be
>>> ineffective.
>>>
>>> Can i just use the standard version and connect to the remote MSSQL
>>> servers
>>> for each of my clients?

0
jgill (39)

Snapping to a connection point
If I take a shape or group and change its interaction style (behavior dialog box) so that it acts as a 1D line instead of a 2D box, the right and left anchors will snap to any connection points in thier immediate vicinity. My question is, how do I change WHICH anchors will snap to connection points. If I wanted the top and bottom anchors to do it, then I just need to rotate the shape 90 degrees before grouping it, then rotate it back. But what if I wanted the bottom right and bottom left anchors to snap? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...

Problem with Powerpoint Chart with RDP connection
When open PowerPoint 2003, insert a chart, click off (i.e. deselect) the chart, font compresses horizontally and the font are not visible correctly. I used SplitView with RDP. ...

Connecting 2 orgs with SMTP 5.5 to 2003
Im currently doing an Exchange 5.5 to 2k3 migration, this is inter-org. I've got everything sorted apart from 1 issue. In Exchange 2k3 the namespace is the same as 5.5 (domain.com), in exchange 2003 i've made this a non-authorative zone. As i send mailboxes from 5.5 over the ADC as custom recipients this is working like a charm. I've also set an IMC up on 5.5 with the address space domain.local so it can send to 2003. The one problem i have is if anyone replies to someone who has been migrated as they will be replying to migrated.user@domain.com I've tried setting up an IMC for...

domain change now pop3 and imap users cant connect anymore . Frank
Hi , we changed the exchange 5.5 server to another domain and the service account also changed to a account in the new domain. All works fine , only the imap and pop3 users cannot connect anymore. givers this error for them: event log error: Logon attempt fromx.x.x.x.x ........... HrLookupCredentials failed with error A required privilege is not held by the client and on client side: Configuration: Account: xxxxxx User name: xxxxxxx Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800ccc0e someone with a similar problem below, thanks alot for any help ! ;) ___________ He...

Outlook error connecting with ActiveSync
After transferring Outlook (2002) to a new computer (both using Windows 2000 OS), moving the Outlook.pst and all other related files, and manually re-entering my many email accounts, I have run into a problem in synchronizing with my Dell Axim 3. When I tried to set up the sync account in Activesync, I was given three choices, to combine the items on the computer and the device, to replace the items on the device with those on the computer, or to not synchronize. Since the Axim has the correctly updated information, I needed an option that would let me "replace the items on th...

How do we stop these connections on our SMTP virtual server?
Hi all, If I go to Current Sessions under Protocols-->SMTP-->Default SMTP Virtual Server from ESM, I can see some unusal users & IP addresses & connected time. Some hostname from user column does not match these IPs and Hostnames are created randomly and some IPs are listed in the blacklists. Does that mean we are hacked? I confirm that we are not open realy. Is there configuration we missed? How do I stop these connections permanently? Each day the IP address is different. Thank you very much. On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 11:15:01 -0700, Sally <Sally@discussions.microso...

Connect to Exchange via HTTPS
I know there is a way that in Exchange 2003 it can be setup so that users can connect remotely using Outlook 2003. They can do this by nesting RPC packets inside SSL packets. Could someone point me in the direction of what I need to do to achieve this? Server side requirement Windows 2003 GC Windows 2003 IIS Exchange 2003 Client side requirement Windows XP SP1 with Q331320 Hot Fix Outlook 2003 For more information about the detail steps, read 1 Deployment Scenarios http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=ef58395d-3710-49cf-9698-938e2bef39e8&displaylang=en 2 Sing...

How do link to a remote field but use the path from a stored field
I want to link the fields on one worksheet to the values stored in several other Excel files. (That part is easy.) But I want the ability to move the underlying files to a new folder and be able to easily update all the links in my worksheet. One idea I had was to store the path in a specific field on the new worksheet and use the value from that cell concatenated in as part of all the link references. (Ex: store the path value in cell A1: \\[type UNC path here]; then create a link that concatenates the value from A1 to the filename, worksheet name, and cell reference info.) Then, ...

Auto detect network connection
I have a user who ejects his laptop while Outlook is open. When he brings it back up out of the doc Outlook does not work anymore and he has to shut down and restart Outlook to get it back. Is there a way to make this work without having to shut down Outlook? What version of Outlook? Outlook 2003, in cached Exchange mode, would probably handle this scenario somewhat more gracefully than earlier versions. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP http://home.hawaii.rr.com/schorr **I apologize but I am unable to respond to direct requests for assistance. Please post questions and r...

Error Msg.
I am new to setting up Access databases. While trying to import data from a csv text file into a new table - I got the above error message. Does anyone have helpful hints for a beginner? Thanks! ~Heather Heather <Heather@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am new to setting up Access databases. While trying to import data > from a csv text file into a new table - I got the above error > message. Does anyone have helpful hints for a beginner? Thanks! > ~Heather How is this an Outlook question? -- Brian Tillman ...

231
Hi, I'm working on a pipe server & client program. The pipe server is asynchronous and multithreaded. I used the following method to create the server: // code below is inside the Run() method of the server thread class OVERLAPPED ol; ZeroMemory(&ol, sizeof(OVERLAPPED)); HANDLE hArray[2]; hArray[0] = ol.hEvent = CreateEvent(NULL, TRUE, FALSE, NULL); hArray[1] = m_hStopEvent; // a global shutdown event while(bStop==FALSE) { HANDLE hServerPipe = CreateNamedPipe (m_szServerName, PIPE_ACCESS_DUPLEX|FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED|WRITE_DAC,PIPE_TYPE_MESSAGE | PIPE_READMODE_MESSAGE |...

cable internet connection
How do I change the dial-up connection to my new cable internet connection in Money 2001? Tools|Options|Connection? It shouldn't matter for most system configurations on newer versions of Money. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d7cb01c394b9$5a600a50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do I change the dial-up connection to my new cable > internet connection in Money 2001? ...

Data Connection between Excel 2007 and SharePoint 2007
I have established a data connection in an Excel 2007 document from a SharePoint 2007 list. I then format the data in the Excel document. When I refresh the data connection, I lose some, but not all of my formatting. Why is this, and how can I fix it? ...

Problem connect SQL from RMS
Hi Frends iam have problems with connect RMS to SQL: Have SMB 2003 Server, SQL 2005 1. With Managment Studio iam access fine to SQL Database but put in SO Administrator: Server: [local] | SQL Server Aut.: User: sa, Pass: same in sql | database: empty (or rmssample) but have these error: Invalid connection, specific SQL Server not found Please Help I think server name should be (local) not [local] Regards, Arthur On 30/05/2010 20:10, RMS wrote: > Hi Frends iam have problems with connect RMS to SQL: > > Have SMB 2003 Server, SQL 2005 > > 1. Wi...

loss of connection to e2k3 server after 4 or 5 days uptime
Hi all, I'm having a strange issue with Outlook & our Exchange server. This is our topology (all one domain): Datacenter: 2 Windows 2003 SP1 Enterprise Domain Controllers 1 Windows 2003 SP1 Enterprise Exchange 2003 SP1 w/KB894549 Enterprise Back-end 1 Windows 2000 SP4 Advanced Server Exchange 2003 SP1 w/KB894549 Enterprise Front-end | site-to-site IPSec VPN w/CheckPoint R55 (Datacenter) & Cisco 1721 (Corporate Office) | Corporate Office: 1 Windows 2000 SP4 Advanced Server Domain Controller 50 Windows XP SP1/SP2 PCs w/Outlook 2003 SP1 What happens is that after 4 or 5 days ...

Dial up Connection Box opens when starting Outlook
A problem has recently occured when I open Outlook. The Dial up Connection Box opens in the Inbox and it takes ages to see the first email in the preview pane. It can be plain text or any type of email. I have also changed my settings . If I change the settings to "Never dial a connection", the Dial up box does not appear and it still takes ages to see the first email in the preview pane. What is very worrying, is that if I have made a telephone connection already, the telephone status shows it talking to something somewhere. I am up to date with Norton antivirirus updates and ...

Can't get SMTP-Out connection to Sharepoint 3.0 to work.
I've followed several good documents on how to Mail Enable Folders; but can't get it to work. If this is the wrong group, please point me to the correct place. WSS 3.0 on Windows 2003 Ent. PDC Exchange on Windows 2003 Std. Member Server I have no other email issues. Mail between my Outlook client, Exchange Server and may ISP work without a hitch. I'm trying to mail enable a WSS 3.0 picture library. I followed Steve Smith's MVP, MCT, document on configuring Incoming Email and it worked for a short while. Now, mail sits in the Exchange Que SMTP-To-Sharepoint for 3 tries, then ...

Entourage stops connecting with Exchange server
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel From time to time Entourage does not seem to be able to connect to the Exchange server. Under Leopard this usually happens after I work offline for a while then attempt to go back online. Connection is across a VPN. It usually resolves itself after a while (typically 10 - 15 minutes). It's almost as if Entourage needs some time to think about whether or not it wants to talk to the Exchange server. I upgraded my O/S to Snow Leopard a few hours ago. And Entourage is still unable to connect to the Exchange server. In f...

my handheld pc is connected but my handheld screen is blank he.
my handheld is giving me problems my handheld screen is blank. help. i would like to know what is required of me next to get my display working ...

Outlook 2003 Not Connecting Over VPN with Windows 7
Just set up a Windows 7 notebook with OUtlook 2003 connecting to Exchange 2003. All current service packs are installed. When the notebookd is connected locally, outlook connects to exchange and works perfectly. When I connect through a VPN tunnel I can browse any shares on the same server that exchange is on, but Outlook cannot connect. The same account works fine on an XP machine. A VPN tunnel is the only option for connecting with this machine when it is outside the company. Any suggestions for fixing? Thanks Is there an error message that might shed some light on th...

Can't connect to pop server
Hi, I am experiencing this problem. I tried to use the email tester on www.dnsstuff.com but it listed that i can't connect to the pop server but was able to connect to the smtp server. Our network infrastructure includes a DMZ created with a Netscreen and a Cisco firewall. I've opened the port for SMTP, POP3 and IMAP on both. The settings are same for both servers. Please help -- Haro ...

Outlook 2007 takes more time to connect to microsoft exchange
We have user (remote office where we have Instagate VPN Router so user is connected using VPN connection) on Dell Laptop Latitutde E6500 with Windows XP SP3 OS and MS office 2007 with latest update. When he opens his outlook 2007 it takes 2 mintues (sometime 3 minutes) to connect to Exchange Server while other users in his office have no problem they are connected in 30 seconds. I googled it but could not find right solution. Thanks, ...

WinCE Remote Tools Problem
Hi, I have problems with the Remote Tools for WinCE. 1.If I start Registry Editor for example, the first window invite me to select a WinCE device. But in the list I have only WinCE 5.0 devices, although I have installed some CE 6.0 SDKs on my system. No WinCE 6.0 device appears in the list. Why? (It works also by selecting a CE 5.0 device, but I think the CE 6.0 devices should also be listed) 2.If I start the Profiler I get the message ?Remote Call Profiler cannot connect to the target device because a required component did not download to the target device. Verify that the require...