Remembering which fields to search in HQ

Store Ops does it, but HQ doesn't.  I use the 'Find' window for locating
customers.  The 'Find' window doesn't remember which fields I like to search.

It's a little thing that's a big problem with my bookkeeping staff.

Can you say 'Hot Fix'?

Tom
--
The worst words in business:
"We''ve always done it that way"

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3b2f3f32-f00e-47d3-b8b8-5a8265ff7835&dg=microsoft.public.pos
0
tomg1 (230)
2/25/2006 6:59:27 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

date field
i would like to prevent the users to input back dates on the date field on my dbase can anyone help me on this thanks "mccoy" <mccoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9FD545B9-28F0-4EF2-83CD-CF9DF7CE470C@microsoft.com... >i would like to prevent the users to input back dates on the date field on >my > dbase By "back dates", do you mean, dates before the current date? Keeping them from entering dates before the current could be accomplished by means of a validation rule like this ... >= Date() .... set either for the field i...

Runtime error 2495
I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2002. On selecting a combo box Runtime error 2495 - cannot find the field '|' occurs. This does not occur in Access 97. The error occurs in the following event procedure Private Sub MessageId_AfterUpdate () 'Refresh form Me.Requery End Sub I have also tried replacing Me.Requery with DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdRecordsGotoNew and the same error occurs. Any suggestions to fix this problem? ...

Auto-populate fields with combo box AND date range
Hi all, I have a database where I would like the user to be able to select the pond name and then either one date in the beginning date field or a range of dates in beginning and ending date fields. I envision a pop-up box with a combo box to select the pond name, and beginning and ending date fields for entry, and upon selecting these, this pop-up box will disappear and a form with pond sample data for these dates will open and be populated. Or I can do the combo box and beginning and ending date on the form itself, probably easier... Guidance on how to do this would be ...

Entering data in personal fields
Hello I used the field selector to create a new field in my Sent messages view. Now, how do I enter data into that field?? Regards e ...

Add Custom Field to an Account
I am trying to add a custom field to an 'Account' and don't see it appearing after restarting IIS. Here's what I did: Clicked on Goto > Settings > Customization > Customize Entities > Account > Attributes > New (FYI this is a date field called Renewal Date). After saving and publishing, I then restarted IIS on the CRM box, but don;t see the new field in any part of the Account sections. Thoughts? Thanks You will have to go back to the view of the account and add that field to the form. You can test the view. If it looks ok, then you publish the chang...

too many fields on import, or too few brain cells?
I am a self-taught novice so please bear with me: I am a teacher and have created a scantron form using Adobe Live Cycle. The form uses radio-button groups for students to enter their answers into. I export the data as an .xml file and then try to import the data into access which will create a new record with the student's name, date, and test ID, whereupon I will have some calculated fields which will generate the student's test score. My problem: There are just over 300 fields on the adobe form. The access limit is 255, which makes it impossible to import all of the data. My ...

Update Field in 1 form based on value entered in another form
I have scoured this discussion group and cannot find this answer. I am hoping someone can help. DB consists of 2 Tables CJ Record CG Record 1 Form created from all fields in CJ Record Table 1 Form created from query all fields in CG Record and 1 field from CJ Record (job code) When a new record is added to the CJ form I want the field job code to update on the 2nd from which is called CG record. I researched after update but couldn't get the new code to show up on the form called CG record Any help would be greatly appreciated Kathy ...

Inventory Transfers from HQ warehouse
We have a warehouse, at our corporate office... We want to be able to transfer inventory from the warehouse, to stores in the field. Is there a way this can be done easily? We have the HQ's module for the RMS system... but this looks like it will only do transfers between stores, and updates to items. Any additional documentation on the system would help out a lot I've got a short timeframe on this... please help Set-up a 1 register store for the warehouse. Than do inventory transfers from the warehouse/store to other stores. Mihir mihirs@diviasoft.com Diviasoft, Inc www.diviasof...

Global Customer List Report in HQ
hello, i'm trying to customize the Global Customer List Report in HQ and have gotten everything i need except for customer notes. I've gotten it to put in the 1st line of notes but it will not put any further lines of information in there. This is what i have in the report Begin Column FieldName = "Customer.Notes" DrillDownFieldName = "" DrillDownReportName = "" Title = "Notes" VBDataType = vbString Formula = "" ColHidden = False ColNotDisplayable = False FilterDisabled = False ColWidth = ""...

convert date field to month/year
Hello, I have a table with a date field. In query, I would like to convert the date field like mm/dd/yyyy to just the year and month. what function do I put to achieve this? PS. if the format is yy-mmm (08-APR, 08-JAN), when I export the data to Excel, I need it to recognize the date so when it sort, the 08-JAN goes before 08-APR. Thanks Then you need the day, 1, for the day, if you want to SORT on real dates. DateValue(myDate+1 -DatePart("d", myDate)) transform the date, pushing it to the first day of the same month, same year. For your report, you can FORMAT ...

desktop search incomplete
Windows Desktop Search 4.0 will not allow me to select individual folders for indexing. Change Selected Locations is entirely grayed out and indexing shows complete at 339 items. MS Knowledge Base has changed and I cannot find the answer there. ...

1st numerical field in a string
Is there a VBA function that will return the 1st numerical value in a string? E.g., val = FirstNo("ClassID = 8 AND bla bla bla") val = 8 "Bill" <billstanton@psln.com> wrote in message news:BdydnVdeSeFOoy_anZ2dnUVZ_o2vnZ2d@trueband.net... > Is there a VBA function that will return the > 1st numerical value in a string? > > E.g., > > val = FirstNo("ClassID = 8 AND bla bla bla") > val = 8 Nope. It would be easy enough to write one, though. -- Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP www.datagnostics.com (please reply to the newsgroup) The...

Two language sort and search
Hi. We have Russuan version CRM 3.0. Accordingly we have Russian alphabet to fast search account and contact on first simbol of name. (It is on the bottom part of default page). But some accounts have English name. Managers want to see English alphabet too. Can i add English alphabet beside Russian? Thank you! Unfortunately No. The next release of the product "Titan" , should handle multi-language , not the current Release. Krishna www.krishna-crm.com No you cannot add English alphabets to the Jump bar. The alphabets in the Jump bar are preset when the product gets local...

How do i set sql to show the date and time format in a field
I want to create a field for time and also for date but want to create it in SQL Access2007, Any ideas Are you saying that you want to use DDL (Data Definition Language) to create the field? As far as I know, you can't set its format using DDL. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Diane" <Diane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:766FEC46-3A74-4901-929C-6720036516EB@microsoft.com... >I want to create a field for time and also for date but want to create it >in > SQL Access2007, Any ideas ...

Linked Table
Hi, I have a Access 2003 mdb that I have used for years that has worked OK. Recently one of my queries malfunctioned to an external Progress db's linked table. Specifically, the query's table list is missing many of the fields in the table though when I inspect the linked table in the Tables Objects Section I see all the fields. How can I fix my query? TIA, Dan Why post the same question in different newsgroups? (already answered in the other newsgroups you posted in). If your situation is one of the (few) unusual circumstances in which it is necessary/appropriat...

Items report shows negative -1 in Available quantity field
When I run the Items (all) report by clicking the "Items" button and sort the Available Qty. field on the report, I am finding -1 items in the Available Qty. field even though we are out of these items. When I drill into the properties of the item, and go to the Inventory tab, and look at the committed field, I find that RMS has a 1 in the field and a -1 in the Available field, yet On_hand has a zero. I would like to be able to zero out the Committed and the Available fields to zero, but would also like to know how this occured to begin with? We think that we may have had a...

HQ Client Error Message
Has anyone ever seen this message before in HQ Client. My dongle is installed and I am not getting any evaluation errors when I start the POS. <<HQMessageProcessor>> Error 3265 Item cannot be found in the collection corresponding to the requested name or ordinal. (Unhandled Error) It comes after this message in the HQ client: --Entering ProcessStoreMessage - Login Any ideas? Check the version of HQ Server and HQ Client (Help/About). One or the other has probably not been updated. There are some other possibilities, but this is the first thing to check. If you find...

Multiple search change calendar view
Hi Here's my problem : I go 2 calendar My view is day/week/month with preview When I do more than one search with the little search (not advanced) box, go to another folder then go back to calendar, view is changed to "active appointements". How can i prevent this ? Thanks Fred ...

Masking the sent from field with a seperate domain?
We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to download email from various seperately hosted domains and route the email to the correct client. Our users have noticed that any email they send shows the recipient the local domain in the sent from field. We need to mask it to say that it come from a different domain... for example one of the domains that we use to download email from using the pop3 connector. Is this possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Jackie Jackie wrote: > We have Exchange 2k3 and AD setup. We use the pop3 connector to > down...

Calculated items/fields in pivot table
Dear all, I am new to excel pivot table and I would like to ask you all a question regarding the calculated items/fields in pivot table. I am making a pivot table whose data source is shown below: Team Salesperson Amount Sold Price each Team Person Amount Sold Price each Paper A 50 35 Paper D 60 25 Pen D 500 4 Desk C 20 400 Desk A 10 700 Pen B 700 3.5 Clip B 500 2.5 Clip C 600 2 Desk B 15 600 I am thinking if it is a way to add a field in the pivot table which can show the total sale of each Team. For e...

FROM field when sending messages
How do I get a FROM field to come up when I am sending or forwarding messages? The only options that come up are TO, CC, and SUBJECT. Before XP was installed on my computer, a FROM field came up as well, so I could send messages on my bosses' behalf. While composing, View--From Field Ray at work "Tammy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:021f01c39cb1$2fa2d1d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How do I get a FROM field to come up when I am sending or > forwarding messages? The only options that come up are > TO, CC, and SUBJECT. Before XP was...

RMS PO # mapped to field in SBA
In the RMS Connector from EVT, the RMS PO # should be mapped to either the Reference field or Memo field on the bill in Small Business Accounting. It is VERY difficult to track a PO between RMS and SBA without that. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. htt...

how to autofill the address field of new email??
is there anyway to add a contact to my gloabl address book? right now i can only add to my contacts folder under Outlook, but none of those contacts get picked up by Outlook to autocomplete the TO: field in mail. For example if i have a user JoeSmith@abc.com in my contacts folder under Outlook, when i try Joe in the To: field of a new message it does not autocomplete as if would for addresses in my global address book. anyway to make it? Thanks. Autocomplete does not use any address book. It uses a cache of names to whom you've already sent messages. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] &...

importing excel with alphanumeric figures into the same field
I have an excel file that I am trying to import into Access. One field with alphanumeric characters will not import. It just causes errors. It is listed as a double type import, but it will not do it. Please help. Hi Randy, The Access routine that imports Excel data doesn't allow direct control over the types of the fields it creates, and often runs into trouble with Excel columns that contain a mix of numeric and text values. You can work round this in any of the following ways: 1) create the table yourself with the field types you need, then import the spreadsheet data. The f...

Searching from Combobox
I have asked this question before but for some reason I cant find the thread again. I have a combobox on a form called "Select", with a drop down menu of persons names (from a table). I have a report called "holdings", that shows which person is holding which book. what i would like is afterupdate of the combobox on the "Select" form access opens up the "holdings" report with only the person selected in the combobox on the "Select" Form. I have the code working up to the point where it opens the Report "Holdings", But thier ...