Remarks field character size

I have been looking at changing the caracter size of the Remarks field on the
PO.  I have been getting some feed back that I shouldn't do that because its
going to make the database unstable.

The current size of the Remarks field is set to 30 characters and it just
don't cut it for the PO.  If we have to add a special instruction we can't.
Does any one know anything about the stability issue or how to increase the
character size?

Regards,
--
Microsoft Partner
0

Don't they explain this stuff when you become a "Microsoft Partner"?

"Yaniv Zahavi" <yaniv@intermakers.com> wrote in message
> I have been looking at changing the caracter size of the Remarks field on
the
> PO.  I have been getting some feed back that I shouldn't do that because
its
> going to make the database unstable.
>
> The current size of the Remarks field is set to 30 characters and it just
> don't cut it for the PO.  If we have to add a special instruction we
can't.
> Does any one know anything about the stability issue or how to increase
the
> character size?
>
> Regards,
> --
> Microsoft Partner

0
anonymous (74722)
1/29/2005 10:24:33 PM
I wish, no you are pretty much on your own.

Can you help?

"root" wrote:

> Don't they explain this stuff when you become a "Microsoft Partner"?
>

> "Yaniv Zahavi" <yaniv@intermakers.com> wrote in message
> > I have been looking at changing the caracter size of the Remarks field on
> the
> > PO.  I have been getting some feed back that I shouldn't do that because
> its
> > going to make the database unstable.
> >
> > The current size of the Remarks field is set to 30 characters and it just
> > don't cut it for the PO.  If we have to add a special instruction we
> can't.
> > Does any one know anything about the stability issue or how to increase
> the
> > character size?
> >
> > Regards,
> > --
> > Microsoft Partner

0
yaniv966 (52)
1/30/2005 12:57:03 AM
I can offer no more help than the others have already supplied. sorry.

> I wish, no you are pretty much on your own.
>
> Can you help?
>
> "root" wrote:
>
> > Don't they explain this stuff when you become a "Microsoft Partner"?
> >

> > "Yaniv Zahavi" <yaniv@intermakers.com> wrote in message
> > > I have been looking at changing the caracter size of the Remarks field
on
> > the
> > > PO.  I have been getting some feed back that I shouldn't do that
because
> > its
> > > going to make the database unstable.
> > >
> > > The current size of the Remarks field is set to 30 characters and it
just
> > > don't cut it for the PO.  If we have to add a special instruction we
> > can't.
> > > Does any one know anything about the stability issue or how to
increase
> > the
> > > character size?
> > >
> > > Regards,
> > > --
> > > Microsoft Partner

0
anonymous (74722)
1/30/2005 9:50:19 PM
> I wish, no you are pretty much on your own.

Not true. Get certified, buy a support pack, ask anything you want.

"Yaniv Zahavi" <yaniv@intermakers.com> wrote in message
>I wish, no you are pretty much on your own.
>
> Can you help?
>
> "root" wrote:
>
>> Don't they explain this stuff when you become a "Microsoft Partner"?
>>

>> "Yaniv Zahavi" <yaniv@intermakers.com> wrote in message
>> > I have been looking at changing the caracter size of the Remarks field
>> > on
>> the
>> > PO.  I have been getting some feed back that I shouldn't do that
>> > because
>> its
>> > going to make the database unstable.
>> >
>> > The current size of the Remarks field is set to 30 characters and it
>> > just
>> > don't cut it for the PO.  If we have to add a special instruction we
>> can't.
>> > Does any one know anything about the stability issue or how to increase
>> the
>> > character size?
>> >
>> > Regards,
>> > --
>> > Microsoft Partner

0
nospam1994 (41)
1/31/2005 6:49:01 AM
You don't have to get certified, just maintain your Software Maintenance
Agreement with MS and you can ask what you want.

If they told you everything that you ever needed to know about RMS to
certify, you might make it by 2010.  To much for a week or so of class.
They cover basics and point you over here for help.
mt

"Public POS" <nospam@nospamc.om> wrote in message
>> I wish, no you are pretty much on your own.
>
> Not true. Get certified, buy a support pack, ask anything you want.
>
> "Yaniv Zahavi" <yaniv@intermakers.com> wrote in message
>>I wish, no you are pretty much on your own.
>>
>> Can you help?
>>
>> "root" wrote:
>>
>>> Don't they explain this stuff when you become a "Microsoft Partner"?
>>>

>>> "Yaniv Zahavi" <yaniv@intermakers.com> wrote in message
>>> the
>>> its

>>> can't.
>>> the

0
mastaT (109)

Size doubles with each save
I have 2 files that include over a 1,000 links and formulas. Every time we save the file, the size doubles. It doesn't matter if any changes are made or not. The only way I've found that will bring it back to a normal size, is to Select All Pages, Move to a new book, and save as the original name. Is there a way to find the problem within the file? What might be causing this? Hi you may also check: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Hargrove" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news...

Using a formula to fill a field
I am ery new to Access and was wondering, is there anyway to make a field fill automaticaly with a formula? Like in excel for example if you have a fromula on a cell and the arguments change the cell changes. I have a table with a field of invoice amounts and then a table with account info, i want to know if there is a way for the account table (ie: Balance field) to update automaticaly when you add an invoice with that accountID. Access is a relational database. An Access table may look like a spreadsheet, but it is really just a "bucket o' data". No, you can't ad...

non latin characters in nvarchar
Hi NG, is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? Regards Volker Jordan Volker Jordan (v_jordan@web.de) writes: > is there a way to select nvarchar fields, that have non latin characters ? > > Do I have to use UNICODE() and search for high numbers ? That or an expression with patindex: SELECT ... FROM tbl WHERE patindex('%[' + nchar(nnn) + '-' + nchar(65535) + ']%', col COLLATE Latin1_General_BIN2) This assumes that there i...

Making shapes the same size
I have a simple question about a feature available in VB IDE development environment and I hope a similar helpful feature is available in Visio. I got used to use the "Make Same Size" option in VB. In visio I usually add multiple instances of the same shape, then I want them be resized the same way, I start sizing the first instance and try to replicate what I have done on the remaining instances. I never a found a way to do it, but repeating the resize manually. Is there any help? Regards, Rami Hi Rami, Instead of manually resizing the other instances of the same shape, how ab...

Hidden fields in new emails
When I begin to type a new message, the text doesn't appear (the words are hidden) until spell check/sending/or printing. When I select the icon for the font color of text (black) it begins to show my typing as I'm composing the message, but the other words (anything I typed in the 'hidden field') only shows up in the spell check portion and remains hidden. Why are my messages starting with this hidden field and how do I get rid of it? I'm sure I must have pressed some command inadvertently as it was not always working like this. (only been using about a week so s...

How can I change size of the picture without changing chartobject?
Hi there, I have this code in a userform and get with it a picture in the same size as the chartobject - to small. I want a much larger (fill the screen as much as possible). I can easily solve it by changing size of the chartobject before export to gif, but i dno't want to do that. I want to change the size of the gif during or after importing it by LoadPicture. How? Help = Forever happy /Regards Dim ChartNum As Integer Private Sub UserForm_Initialize() Debug.Print "frmPPT initilize " ChartNum = 1 UpdateChart End Sub Private Sub UpdateChart() Set CurrentChart ...

Auto Filling Fields in Current Record from Previous Record
Hello, I have looked through posts related to Auto-Filling a field from a previous record but am still a little unsure of how to do things. What I would like to do is auto fill a field in the current record with one from a different field in a previous record. What I have is a form that records "engine hours" and "tonnes moved" for a piece of equipment. The operator will record the staring hours and tonnes (at the start of a day) and the hours and tonnes at the end of the day. So in the database, I would like the "Starting Hours" and "Starting Tonnes"...

Sorting Issue (Mixde Fields)
I have an issue where I need to sort a worksheet based on a field (Bin Location)that is sorting as seen below... 1A1 1A20 1A21 1A22 1A3 1A4 How can I get Excel to sort it the following way... 1A1 1A3 1A4 1A20 1A21 1A22 Please help.... I need to get this figured out today. I appreciate any responses. Thanks, Jonathan G. One way: add a column showing the length of the column you want to sort, then sort using the new column then the "real" column. "Jonathan G." wrote: > I have an issue where I need to sort a worksheet based on a field (Bin > Location)that is s...

"You are over the size limit allowed on the server"
We have an Exchange 2003 server with IMF implemented. Our users are primarily using Outlook Web Clients. A couple months back, several of our users started being unable to manage their Junk Email lists. Some were unable to even turn it on and off through Options, but all were getting this error, at various stages: "An error occurred processing your Junk Email lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator" None of these users has more than 10-12 blocked senders in their entire list. I have doubled the default amount of space each u...

use continouse paper size 5.5X8.5 inchs for invoice
hi i have transfered from old pos system to MS RMS ,i have too much invoice paper size 5.5 X 8.5 inchs i do not want to descard it,is any invice templete that work on this paper size. best reqards ...

How zoom/increase font size of Office 2004 "Help" text?
Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. How does one do this with the small-font text in Help? Respectfully, Norm On 9/14/04 1:36 AM, in article BD6BFBA9.49F3%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > Font sizes can be set for Word, Excel and Entourage. You also can zoom in > to enlarge the View of text in Office 2004 components� documents. > > How does one do this with the small-font text in Help...

Outlook 2003 cannot see other email addresses in the to field
Outlook 2003 cannot see other email addresses in the to field - when someone emails me and a group of other people, I only see my email address. I cannot reply to all and send the other people an email. Is this a bug? No, they probably used the BCC field or a mail merge instead so only your address shows up. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictures in Their Original Format -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Jenni&...

How do I create drop down form fields in Excel?
Is it possible to create dropdown lists in Excel? If so, how do I do it? Thanks You can use Data Validation to create the dropdown lists. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Micki wrote: > Is it possible to create dropdown lists in Excel? If so, how do I do it? > > Thanks -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Adding company name to the "From" field
Hopefully this is an easy problem. We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003 in a mixed domain. (Win2k and Win2003 servers) Lets say I am working for a company named "XYZ". The owner of the company wants the "from" line in the email client to say "Bill Smith, XYZ Company". Unfortunately I can not find a way to do this. Any help is appreciated. Bob Hi Bob, Just use ADModify to rewrite the Display name for every user in your company, or for users of that company (if companys are sharing and AD) ADModify can be found here: http://www.gotdotnet.co...

formatting selected characters or numbers in each cell within a range of cells
I am sending this to several Excel newsgroups, because I am not sure which one if the most appropriate. I apologize in advance for the multiple postings. I have MS Excel 2000 (version 9.0.3821 SR-1). How can I format only a selected character or number within each cell in a specific range of cells? For instance if I have a cell containing �1234234�, how can I format it so that only the 2�s are bold or are colored? Obviously, I have a range of cells, and I want to format all the 2�s occurring in any of the cells as either bold or colored. Conditional formatting does not seem to all...

edit suggest names when completing To, cc and bcc fields
Apparently I don't have an Address Book linked to Outlook 2000. No matter, because I seem to be ok with the suggest names feature, which I guess is not Address Book-linked, but linked to a memory bank of names and corresponding addresses typed in during the past. However, here is my question: How do you edit this Suggest Names list? In particular, A. Suppose you want to stop Outlook from suggesting a particular name because it is not current anymore. Worse, you might inadvertantly click on it and send msg to somebody you don't want to receive it. Is there a way to delet...

API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ??
API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ?? Folks, Does anyone know of a system call (where you give the name of a directory) and it retrieves the combined size of all the files in the folder (doesn't have to be recursive), or a similiar call for a file????? Any suggestions would be appreciated Regards You might probably be able to use the ZwQueryInformationFile() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Peter McCarthy" <petergmccarthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Rx7qb.4388$bD.16747@news.indigo.ie... &...

Date range in months from month and year fields
In our database we track consultants work dates in four seperate fields, starting month, starting year, ending month, ending year. Is there anyway to calculate the range of months they have worked with this set up? So if someone started March 2004 and ended July 2007 is there a formula to calculate the 40 months they worked? DateDiff("m",[starting month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [starting year],[ending month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [ending year]) "monkeycr84" wrote: > In our da...

Defaul size for logo2.gif in OWA
Can someone tell me what the default size is? I am trying to customize my OWA page with the company branding and I have replaced all the logo's before I made sure they are the same size. Thanks in advance! Er - the size of the gif file shouldn't matter. If the one you put in is larger, it would simply increase the traffic for OWA (though not by much). Anyways, since you asked, the size of this file on my server is 4KB. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my blog! http://winzenz.blogspot.com http://feeds.feedburner.com/winzenz (RSS Feed) "Mike" <Mike@dis...

value from field not accepted within onlineform (3.0 -> 4.0)
Hy, We just tried to update our running CRM 3.0 to 4.0 there where nearly no problems! (1 report was not upgradeable) We where very happy. but right now a real problem was discovered: the fields: longitude and latidude from the contact form are no more accepted. Enter a value beetween .... But the values do perfectly match within the range When I delete the values I can save the form. When there is any value in the fields it causes the error: Enter a value ... Best regards for any help ...

Saving and Restoring a Child Window to its Former Position and Size
I want to save a child window's position and size in the Main Window of an MDI application, and restore it at any time later. I want to do this after the user may have reposition and resized it. The parent of this child window is the Main Window. Below is the code I am using to save the position and size: pView->GetWindowRect( &m_WndRect ); AfxGetMainWnd()->ScreenToClient( &m_WndRect ); where pView is a pointer to the child window and m_WndRect is used for the storage. Below is the code I am using in an attempt to restore the position and size stored in m_WndRect: CFr...

Related Fields in sub activities view
CRM 4.0 In the standard My Activities view I am able to display information from the Account (Regarding) i.e. industry, city etc. When switching to Phone Call or Appointment, the information is not displayed even though the facility is there in admin to add these fields - is there a fix for this? ...

Vendor Lookup Field with Modifier
I would like to modify the ap entry form and create 1 or 2mores field. This additional field will be used to track related party vendor number/name For example, the invoice is being paid to Vendor A. But because our invoice for Vendor A may be related to Vendor B, I would like to enter this info in the system. Currently, we just enter the related vendor ID in the note field. But due to the large number of related party transactions, the users are entering incorrect vendor numbers or they are not properly formatted , in the note field. This makes it difficult to analyze related party...

Chunk size increase in CRichEditView again
I am trying to set data in a CRichEditView. I am using StreamIn but it is too slow when I copy the data. What ways are there to insert data? My code: typedef struct tagWRITERICHEDITINFO { const CByteArray * pData; int nBytesWritten; } WRITERICHEDITINFO, FAR * LPWRITERICHEDITINFO; DWORD CALLBACK CMyTextView::RichEditWriteCallback(DWORD_PTR dwCookie, LPBYTE pbBuff, LONG cb, LONG * pcb) { LPWRITERICHEDITINFO pWriteInfo = (LPWRITERICHEDITINFO)dwCookie; int nTotalBytes = pWriteInfo->pData->GetSize(); int nBytesToWrite = nTotalBytes - pWriteInfo->nBytesWritten; nBytesToWrite = ...

Parse field in query
I have a table called MasterData with a field called Originator. The field data looks like this... Lou Santana Steven Sentry/Miami/PU/WC/US CN=Kathy T. Buon/OU=Miami/OU=BU/O=WC/C=US Terry J Leif I need it to look like this... Lou Santana Steven Sentry Kathy T. Buon Terry J Leif How can this be parsed?? -- deb What a mess that you're stuck with! Below will look for the first / and return the string before it in a query. If there isn't a / it returns the entire string. Of course this doesn't help with the CN= in CN=Kathy T. Buon. Parsed: IIf(InStr([Originator],"/")...