Recommendation on Weigh Scale for RMS

Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very
expensive as it will be only used for 5% of the items. The other option is to
manually enter the weight but it will be nice to have an something directly
tied to RMS system.

Thx for your suggestions.
0
moi1871 (46)
3/10/2006 6:20:30 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

The only recommendation I can give would be an Avery Berkel 6720, they run
around $450.

Rob

"MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very
> expensive as it will be only used for 5% of the items. The other option is
> manually enter the weight but it will be nice to have an something
> directly
> tied to RMS system.
>
> Thx for your suggestions.

0
rob242 (534)
3/11/2006 12:48:13 AM
Be aware that as supplied, the OPOS driver may only work with Windows XP if
the logged on uses is a local Administrator.  Tried "User" and "Power User"
with the March 2002 drives from the Avery web site, error every time RMS
started up.

I only have 2 registers with scales, so it became a "back burner" issue once
we got them functioning. Anyone have a workaround or suggestions so we can
operate as "User"?

Greg Hader
IS Coordinator
Tacoma Goodwill Industries
Tacoma WA

"Rob" wrote:

> The only recommendation I can give would be an Avery Berkel 6720, they run
> around $450.
>
> Rob
>
> "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very
> > expensive as it will be only used for 5% of the items. The other option is
> > manually enter the weight but it will be nice to have an something
> > directly
> > tied to RMS system.
> >
> > Thx for your suggestions.

0
Hader (1)
3/21/2006 9:41:30 PM
Greg,

Try giving permissions to the key for the other users in the Registry.  I
don't have any OPOS devices on my system, but look in
Hkey_Local_Machine\Software\Microsoft\Retail Management\Store
Operations\..., right click on it and select the User or Power User and
Allow in RegEdit.

--
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

"Rob" wrote:

> The only recommendation I can give would be an Avery Berkel 6720, they run
> around $450.
>
> Rob
>
> "MOI" <MOI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Looking for a simple weigh scale that will integrate with RMS. Not very
> > expensive as it will be only used for 5% of the items. The other option
> > is
> > manually enter the weight but it will be nice to have an something
> > directly
> > tied to RMS system.
> >
> > Thx for your suggestions.

0
spam3944 (2163)

Need RMS addin Developer
Need to create a method for cashiers to assign a split commission to salespeople on POS Line Items and make this info import into quick books. Anyone out there able to do this? -- Newbie Developer to RMS There's a cheaper way to do it: Buy two items at .5 Qty and assign each 1/2 to a different sales rep. Good luck, Matt "Jewelsmith" <Jewelsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:512D858F-93B5-440E-9067-D748D85A160D@microsoft.com... > Need to create a method for cashiers to assign a split commission to > salespeople on POS Line Items and make this ...

Autofill for shipping on RMS
Before purchasing another add-on software program, I was trying to see if I could get the built in shipping feature to work on RMS. I set up everything according to the rather incomplete instructions that came with our system. When RMS POS calls up the FED EX website to ship the item, and I hit autofill, nothing happens. So there is apparently something that needs to be fixed. How do I do this? Thanks, Christina Hi Christina, If you planning to consider a add on solution, please drop a email to discuss. nj.tech@hotmail.com "Christina/Retailer in NC" wrote: > Before purc...

Microsoft Dynamics RMS Live Chat on August 7th, 2008
------=_NextPart_0001_74E9EEE0 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good morning, The Microsoft Dynamics RMS team will be hosting the next Live Chat on August 7th, 2008, at 10 a.m. Pacific Daylight Time. Is there a topic that you would like to discuss in depth? Do you want additional insight into a certain area of the software? Have you always wanted to know what to do when you encounter a particular scenario? If so, we'd like to hear from you! Please feel free to post any ideas on this thread, use the link in the Live Chats section of the RMS Using site (h...

what's a standard recommended message size limit?
We're running Exchange Server 2003 and our information store just keeps growing rapidly. I'ts mostly because of users sending digital photos (non-work related). What is the industry-recommended limit on message sizes? I've just set our inbound/outbound message size limit to 2 MB but I'm not sure if this is too restrictive. Thanks. chris "chrism" <chrism@no_spam> wrote in news:#Bp2cYb1FHA.3856@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl: > I've just set our inbound/outbound message size limit to 2 MB but I'm > not sure if this is too restrictive. I think tha...

Function Keys and RMS POS screen
Hi all I wonder is there a way to reconfigure the Function keys in the POS screen For example instead of F1 being displaying Help screen, I want to make it to reprint last receipt or some other function. Does anyone want to show your pretty customized POS screen ?? I want to get and idea how people's POS screen looks like Thank you Regards, Joie Joie, There is not built-in way to make this happen, but we have made this work for other customers in the past. Due to the nature of the program though, this is nothing we have a commercial application for, and would have to make s...

System crash Unable to restart RMS
Hi, I have been using Microsft RMS for Past year and a half for operations at my small speciality grocery store. I have had a fair smooth experience with RMS during this time, aside from a few lockups and crashes every now and then. Couple of days ago, my system crashed in a middle of a transaction, and immdiately restarted. Both Manager and POS modules were running on the computer at the time. Cashier notified the the Supervisor about the hold up in the processing of the transaction. Supervisor mistakenly assuming that the system had froze manually restarted the system while system was in pr...

Chart Scales
I was wondering if there is a way to create a break in the scale of an axis. For example, if column A = 100; column B = 150; column C = 125; and column D = 10,000. How can I display a chart that will have the y-axis' scale go from 0 to 200 in small increments and then have a squiggle (meaning not to scale) and then have the axis end with 10,000. In doing so, one can see the fluctuation between columns A thru C while still realizing the magnitude of column D. Currently, column D, due to the abnormally large number, distorts the chart and one can't see the fluctuation betwe...

Time scale on the x-axis
I am trying to graph time on the x-axis and have values that have been collected at non-equal time periods (0 minutes, 10 minutes, 60 minutes, 180 minutes and 300 minutes)and they are plotting at equi-distance across the x-axis. Is it possible to plot them in correct relation (time wise)to each other across the x axis? Option 1: Use a XY Scatter chart. Option 2: If you must use a line/column/area type chart, do the following: Plot the data. Select the chart. Select Chart | Chart Options... | Axes tab. Set the Category axis type to 'Time scale'. XL will change the x-axis ...

"Scaling of Decimal Value Resulted in data Truncation"
Our AS400 was recently upgraded to V5R2..and now some tables that poreviously imported with no problems are generating this error message. Does anyone know of this error message? Any help would be most appreciated. ...

how can i graph with log-log scales?
I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this possible with Excel? If so, how do I do it? Use a XY Scatter chart. Both axes will support log capability. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Multi-disciplinary business expertise + Technology skills = Optimal solution to your business problem Recipient Microsoft MVP award 2000-2005 In article <2D4EC361-6353-4A30-BA58-54164D99C3FC@microsoft.com>, AirdromeTom@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I wish to graph pricing curves using a logarithmic x-axis. Is this possible > with Excel? If so...

Credit Card Transactions Through MS RMS ?
Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations on how to go about this and who to contact ? We currently operate with a standalone Barclays PDQ terminal which takes 20 -30 per transaction ! (My customers complain how long it takes). I would ideally like to utilise our broadband line to authorise and send transactions through, currently we are paying for an additional line for the pdq as it dials up for each transaction. Any experiances with UK venders would be of great help. Thanks - Paul This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_03F1_01C6F841.D3381AF0 ...

Recommend a good 2003 book?
Hi, Can anyone recommend a couple of good books on Exchange 2003 server? I've been to the E5.5 classes a few years ago, and bought a couple of books (the Redmond book, and also the Robichaux book), and now manage 4 servers, but now everybody wants Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. But, there aren't any Exchange 2003 classes here in St. Louis (yeah, how can that be?) for several months out, so I need to get a book or three that'll help me learn about and do the upgrade. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, good folks. Larry Wahlers Concordia Technologies The International Center...

Can RMS handle Dimensional or Cubic sales quantities?
I've got a number of customers using a custom based DOS POS system. They want to begin using a windows based POS system. Their primary sales quantities involve entering square feet or cubic feet. The inventory would then need to be updated on the completion of the sale. I've been researching a variety of POS systems on the market to see how customizable they are to handle such a task. So far none have. I've not seen RMS from the developers perspective, but I'm guessing at two potential solutions. 1. When in the quantity field during the sale, press a function ke...

RMS Troubleshooting and Basic Set up v4/3/2005
http://www.simonajewelry.com/rms.aspx I have decided to post the information on the net because ms newsgroup does not have a long message retention. Natt ...

Bio Scan for MS-RMS & MS-POS
Several of my clients would like to add Bio Scan to their existing or pending Point of Sale systems. This is becoming an industry standard and would add value to our offerings. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Change time scale in a chart by changing cell value
Hello, I have the following problem. I want to change the time scale in a chart (XY scatter) by changing th dates in another worksheet. In other words, I have a chart showing th results from 1 January 2005 up to 31 January 2005. Now I want to see i more detail the results in the chart from 8 January 2005 up to 1 January 2005. I do not want to do this by double clicking the x-axi and then change the scale, but just by changing the date in worksheet. So in a worksheet I have a box with start date = .... an end date = ..... now the scale of the chart has to change according t the values I fil...

RMS for dance studios
Is anyone using RMS for managing dance classes? Are there any add ins that work? -- Jeff Hi Jeff, Haven't heard of RMS used in a dance academy, but if You can specify what You want / need RMS to do for You, maybe I can give you more details, of the standard functions and for possible add-ons... Feel free to contact me (antonijo_todorovik@hotmail.com) Regards, Antonijo -- ADTodorovik "jstone" wrote: > Is anyone using RMS for managing dance classes? Are there any add ins that > work? > -- > Jeff JStone, RMS has lots of features, why dont you post what y...

When will we have an integrated RMS(Sale)-CRM-SBF(Accounting) ?
We will be happy to see a product combining Sales, Accounting, and Customer relationship Manager. It is easy to use, and flexable. This product can have different options, like; only sales, sales+accounting, or sales+accounting+CRM with different pricing structure depanding on customer needs. We are really frustrated westing our time trying to figure out how to integrate these softwares. Microsoft has all the recourses and know-how to do a better job. This concept can make Microsoft instantly market leader in this segment. Thank you ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Mic...

Recommended Hardware / Software Requirements
What are the Recommendations for the Hardware (Amount of Memory, etc) and the recommended operating system for the Microsoft RMS ? Seems like I saw it somewhere, but can't find it again. http://www.microsoft.com/businesssolutions/retailmanagementsystem/rms_hardware_compatibility.mspx "Scot S" <ScotS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E70FF8CD-513A-477E-B345-3158C09025DD@microsoft.com... > What are the Recommendations for the Hardware > (Amount of Memory, etc) > and the recommended operating system for the > Microsoft RMS ? > Seems like I...

MS Offcie Accounting and RMS
Will the Microsoft RMS package integrate with new Microsoft Office Accounting 2006 package. It is in Beta now but this prospect wants a total Microsoft integrated solution. Pat I guess it would depend on how intricate they want the accounting solution to be I suppose. Have they considered Great Plains? "Pat@arms" wrote: > Will the Microsoft RMS package integrate with new Microsoft Office Accounting > 2006 package. It is in Beta now but this prospect wants a total Microsoft > integrated solution. > > Pat > At some point there will be a SKU from Microsoft...

Hosting experience or recommendation
Anyone have positive/negative experience to share or recommendations for CRM 3 hosting vendors? ...

make font "auto scale" off by default?
On the "Font" tab of axes, chart title, text boxes, etc., is there a way to make "Auto scale" be unchecked by default? It's really annoying having to select each element of a chart one by one and turn this off. I've looked in the overall "Options" dialog of the Tools menu to no avail. Thanks for any help...maybe this should be added to new versions if it isn't already there? You can change a registry setting to make "Off" the default. There are instructions in the following MSKB article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.asp...

RMS 1.3 vs. 2.0
We are currently running RMS 1.3. We have access to the 2.0 SW version, but haven't been able to see a good comparison between 1.3 and 2.0. What does it deliver in addition to 1.3? What are the reasons people upgrade for? For 2.0 You do not need dongle anymore. It has 4GB DB Better feature for matrix item Better discount feature for discount items You can Mix and match by unit price and Mix and match : percent off and It has all the hotfixes. You should log in to customer source for more info. -- "sabribo" <sabribo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Excel Charts
I have several charts and they all have the series defined until the end of the year. Each month as data is being added to the tables, the scale of the primary axis is being changed to the last day of the current month. There are two series that I am having a problem with that are defined the same on all chart, or at least I think they are. Several of the charts these series go beyond the chart about 1/16 of an inch, no big deal. There is one chart that the same Series goes beyone the chart about +1/8 of an inch. I thought if you defined the max scale that all remaining data is trunc...

RMS Work Order Add-In
HAMILTON, ON - December 5, 2006 - Advanced Computer Systems Inc is pleased to announce the release of their latest add-in for Microsoft’s Retail Management System (RMS) platform, the Advanced Work Order System (AWS). AWS features direct integration with the RMS database, allowing stores to expand the role of RMS into their service business. AWS was developed in co-operation with a number of service depots and repair centres who are using RMS for their retail operations. With AWS, technicians and service managers are able to enter work order details from a back-office station, indicatin...