Receiving POs and the Price Field

Guys,

I cannot make sense of the "Price" field on the PO receiving screen! Only
the "New Price" field seems to update the item price in the database. The
Price field seemingly has no functional purpose, yet it helps calculate the
Extended Price and is itself a calculated field! Can someone please help me
make sense of it? How is it meant to be used?

Thank you

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C92F8F.1C59B640

Tom,

Without looking Price is the current selling price, new price is what =
you want to start selling at.  Takes affect on receiving commitment.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Tom Bombadil" <Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com> wrote in message =
  Guys,

  I cannot make sense of the "Price" field on the PO receiving screen! =
Only=20
  the "New Price" field seems to update the item price in the database. =
The=20
  Price field seemingly has no functional purpose, yet it helps =
calculate the=20
  Extended Price and is itself a calculated field! Can someone please =
help me=20
  make sense of it? How is it meant to be used?

  Thank you=20

------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C92F8F.1C59B640

<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type =
content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1>
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6001.18148" name=3DGENERATOR></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 10px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-TOP: 15px"=20
bgColor=3D#ffffff leftMargin=3D0 topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Tom,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Without looking Price is the current selling =
price, new=20
price is what you want to start selling at.&nbsp; Takes affect on =
receiving=20
commitment.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Tom Bombadil" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com">Genius_Poster@Yahoo.com</A>&gt; =
wrote in=20
  message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:F0D55291-10FA-4E65-A5C0-98756C1544D3@microsoft.com">news:F0D=
55291-10FA-4E65-A5C0-98756C1544D3@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Guys,<BR><BR>=
I=20
  cannot make sense of the "Price" field on the PO receiving screen! =
Only=20
  <BR>the "New Price" field seems to update the item price in the =
database. The=20
  <BR>Price field seemingly has no functional purpose, yet it helps =
calculate=20
  the <BR>Extended Price and is itself a calculated field! Can someone =
please=20
  help me <BR>make sense of it? How is it meant to be used?<BR><BR>Thank =
you=20
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D1_01C92F8F.1C59B640--

0
cptsoft (1248)

Replies not received
Several of the people to whom I regularly send e-mails have complained that they are unable to successfully reply using the reply feature. One correspondent claims that when she checks my e-mail address it appears incomplete. Lately, I have sent several important e-mails to which I expected a reply. I'm afraid people are replying but I'm not getting their response. Any suggestions? Have you tested this yourself, by sending a message to, say, a Yahoo account and hitting reply? What kind of mail server are you using? POP? Exchange? Version of Outlook? Colin wrote: > Several ...

Make Bit field control value of float field
Hi. I've made bit field with the default options of yes and no: new_Q1 Then i've made a field to collect a amount of points, incase the bit is set to yes: new_Q1p. If i select the format of the bit value to "list" my script works fine. If I select "check box", it does not work. Can any one help me modyfi the script to work with the check box? Thanks Regards, Jacob Mondrup This is the script I use: ______________________________________________________________________________ var point = 0; var get_status = parseInt(crmForm.all.new_q1.DataValue); switch (get...

Automaticaly put in the / in a date field
I want my users to input a date in the format dd/mm/yy I know some of them will mis out the separators and enter for example 140301 for the 14th March 2001, but Excel changes the date to something totally different. How can I create a mask (like in Access) so the separators are already displayed in the cell? For example the cell would look like / / and when the date is input it automatically jumps over the separator. You could use a worksheet event that changes the entry to a date. Chip Pearson has some code at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm Keith wrote: > ...

Account not receiving mail
I have 3 accounts set up in wlm. two are internet mail accounts (hotmail and yahoo). The third is my work email. The work email account is not working. It receives some mail, then stops for days, it seems. It is a pop3 acct and i used the exact same settings as in my Outlook that resides on a different computer. The outlook still recieves all the new emails. WLM does not. I need help to fix this. Is Outlook set to Leave a copy of messages on the server? -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "83mulligan" <83mulligan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Received Mail File Attachment always removed by OE
Hi everytime i get a file attachment of my friends OE always removes the file attachment as it says "OE Removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:" i cant find any option to remove this.. can you please help.... thanks sally Open OE and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second option from the top concerning potentially dangerous attachments. "Sally" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29e501c470a0$d575ec50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi everytime i get a file attachment of my friends OE > always ...

Outlook 2003 does not export all fields to any of the selected file formats
Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and time field for messages. If there is a way please let me know. For what purpose are you exporting your .pst items? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Great Eyes asked: | Outlook 2003 does not export all fields, it is missing the date and | time field for messages. | If there is a way please let me know. "...

Copy Price Level to Price Level
Partner wanted to have an added feature of the Copy/Update Price List Wizard. She wanted to copy a Price Level to another Price Level. For example that she has Item Number 1 and Item Number 2. If she creates a new Price Level of Price Level B and assigned it to the Source Item Number, she wanted to copy that Price Level to the other Item Numbers. You can do this in Great Plains and you can change the price per Item Number which is a tedious task. Great Plains doesn't have the capability to update the price based on the Price Level created and she wanted to have this feature in the n...

Receive an error message when try to add a chart to a workbook
Hi!; When I'm using Excel has faced a problem. When I add multiple charts in a workbook, eventually the excel system prompts me an error "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook". I have checked the problem in Microsoft Knowledge base and based on the knowledge this problem occurs because of the Auto scale setting. So I followed the instruction to edit the registry value and also disable auto scale in each charts. However when I retry to add some more charts in same workbook but the same error still came out, so the problem still can not solve. Therefore anyone ...

CRM 1.2 Received today
Just been informed our copy of 1.2 has been received today lucky. so does it come later for customers? hurry and test it out! I heard it uninstalls 1.0 and then reinstalls with 1.2, hahaha..........keep us updated on your beta testing! -Gary "John O'Donnell" <csharpconsulting@nospam-hotmail.com-nospam> wrote in message news:exmsGGevDHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Just been informed our copy of 1.2 has been received today > > ...

Outlook express error sending and receiving mail
I have never had a problem using Outlook Express 6.0 for e-mail before, but after not using it for several weeks, when I tried again I got the following message: The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'vze3qg9q', Server: 'incoming.verizon.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10065, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E The puzzling thing is that some mail is getting through. I ordered a book from Amazon and they sent me a notification without a problem. But other people can't mail to me and I cannot get mail without the above error message. Anyon...

Ability to enter multiple meter readings per day in field service.
Would like to have the abiltiy to enter multiple meter reading per day in fields service instead of being limited to just one entry per day. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-u...

Email 'From' field showing email address and not full name?
I've looked everywhere and can't find anything on this issue. I'm running Exchange 2003 on a Server 2000 box. When we email to outside servers (yahoo, gmail, etc) the from field shows the user's email address (eg: bob@microsoft.com) instead of their name (eg: Bob Jones). I've verified that the Display Name, Alias, and Simple Display Name fields in exchange all have the user's First and Last name. Any ideas, I'm stumped. Thanks, Chris Yes that's a hard one to find. In ESM go into Global Settings and click Internet Message Formats. Then in the right pane, rig...

Crosstab Row Heading Issues
Hi, I have Access 2003 and when I do a cross tab I cannot bring in more than 3 field values for row headings - my coworker (who has Access 97) can bring in >3 row headings. Is this a paremter setting in Access 2003? Thanks, Mike I believe that the Wizard can't handle more than 3; however, you can do more with SQL. Try creating a crosstab with the three headings, them modifying it at SQL level to add more. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "mike" wrote: > Hi, > > I have Access 2003 and...

Unable to send or receive messages for the {email} acct
I have 5 email accounts in Live Mail and today all of them are getting this message: Unable to send or receive messages for the {email} account. The connection to the server has failed. Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E I have tried removing and adding the accounts but get the same error. It would be hard to believe 5 different providers are having server problems: Hotmail, Gmail and Comcast. Any assistance is appreciated. AV program scanning email incoming/outgoing ? -- ...winston ms-mvp mail "Kay" <Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

special pricing
I am trying to figure out how to set special pricing for specific customers. I already have retail, A & B pricing, with A being lowest, then B, and retail being the highest price. I offer the different prices based on volume. Now, I am trying to set up a customer with special prices on a select number of items. these prices are below A pricing, and i have been changing the pricing on each transaction. this is very time consuming, and prone to making mistakes. i would like to be able to set up a special pricing structure for specific customers on a job by job basis, or for a set per...

Slow send and receive
For some reason my Outlook is slowing down to barely a crawl with Send and Receive. It's now taking minutes to do. Any suggestions? Thanks, Frank What version of Outlook are you using? Also test whether other download traffic is fast or slow as well. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove al...

Money 2002 Online Price Updates
I have recently updated my computer to VISTA and have had to re-instal Money2002 Personal and Business edition. Since then the online price updates no longer run on start up. I have to manually use the update price option and this does retrieve updated prices for the shares as expected. Does anyone kn ow how to fix the problem so that the update of prices happens automatically every 6 hours as it used to do when I was using Windos XP Home? Thanks in antcipation of getting a resolution to this problem. ...

Always receive reminders?
I've added outlook (Office XP Professional) to the taskbar but I still have to manually open then minimize Outlook to get it there. I would love to have Outlook go to the tray when I log on as the administrator (XP Home), so if I forget to open Outlook, I don't fail to receive any reminders as they come up. I really don't like to run the whole program at startup and keep it minimized because of the time it adds to startup and it slows everything down just sitting there. I just want to be able to get reminders as they come due whether I remembered to start/minimize Outlook...

Cannot change received PO to Change Order
Great Plains will not allow me to change a Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: I'm not sure if this matters, but we recieved more than we ordered, which happens quite frequently. Here is the message I get: "This line can't be changed to Released or Change Order. A Received line can be changed to Change Order if it has a quantity cancelled." WHY IS THAT???? However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: "The Quantity Cancelled must be less than the remaining quantity. Please enter a new quantity". How can I re-open this Purchas...

receiving mails errors on Exchange 2003
Hi, I've installed an MS SBS 2003, I've configured the exchange 2003 to my domain, but the problem is that I can send email's to some domain (there is one domain that I can't send to) but I can't receive from any domain. (MTA, POP3, exchange routing engine, management, exchange system attendant and exchange information store services are running) Can this be a problem of any default security (firewalls) settings that is installed by default with SBS 2003??? if yes, what I need to do? If anyone of you had this problem before or know the resolution of that, I'll be very ...

Full Page POS Receipt
I have been making receipts for over a year and I have the following code which I thought would print the receipt type in the top right of a full page receipt (which it does) except for when it is an "On Account" order type where if my statement made sense, it would print INVOICE in the corner instead; it is however still printing Sales Receipt for an On Account ticket; any suggesstions? <BORDER> tbNone </BORDER> <COLUMNHEADER> <ALIGNMENT> ">~" </ALIGNMENT> <IF> <CONDITION> Tender.Descriptor.TenderType = tenderAccount </...

Display table name as field in query
Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a query? I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Craig Craig wrote: >Does anyone know if there is a way to display the table name as a field in a >query? > >I have a UNION query that merges all of the records from 10 different >tables, but I need a field that indicates which table each record comes from. Just use the table name in a calcula...

SQL 2005 Service Broker
I have one server with common data that when inserted, updated, or deleted I am sending to the change to 4 seperate instances. I have one database on each instance receiving the message and then resend dynamically to a specified set of Satellite databases. This is mostly working except I sometimes see messages not make it to specific databases or even specific instances. ServerX ServerX_Endpoint InitiatorDB Message Types: CommonDataSend CommonDataReceive Contracts: SendCommonData Queues: CommonDataSendQueue Services: CommonDataSendService Routes: ServerDB1...

Exchange 5.5 (latest SP and hotfixes) and Outlook 2k and 2003 Send/Receive Issue
I am running Exchange 5.5 Standard with latest of everything. My clients are running either 2k or 2003, most being 2k. I have an issue with all clients when sending receiving e-mail. Mail is no longer instantly sent or received. Mail sent stays in the Outbox until I change folders or click on a different e-mail message. Same way with receiving mail. People will have Outlook open and sitting in Inbox. If they don't move around no messages come in. But the moment they select a new folder/e-mail, etc. a slew of messages come in. What is the problem and how do I correct? Thank you. ...

Receiving error attempting to reply to or save message
I have my hotmail account set up as an HTTP type. I am receiving e-mails fine, but when I attempt to reply, I get the error message, "The messaging interface has returned an unknown error." According to the "Check for updates" utility on Office Online, my updates are current. I am using Outlook 2002. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix this? ...