reason codes #2

I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is
discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for
discounts.

However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based
on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history
report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are
displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that
reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report.

HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)!
0
RyanV (6)
2/22/2007 6:28:25 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C75694.6327A6C0

You run your report from HQ?

If it's the case, you have to ensure that the reason codes exsist in HQ

JB

"Ryan V" <RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com> a =C3=A9crit dans le message =
de news: 496DE584-2526-4870-B8B1-679D8413975D@microsoft.com...
> I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something =
is=20
> discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for =

> discounts.
>=20
> However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select =
based=20
> on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item =
history=20
> report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are=20
> displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems =
that=20
> reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report.
>=20
> HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)!
------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C75694.6327A6C0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008080 size=3D2><STRONG>You run your =
report from=20
HQ?</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008080 =
size=3D2><STRONG></STRONG></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008080 size=3D2><STRONG>If it's the =
case, you have to=20
ensure that the reason codes exsist in HQ</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008080 =
size=3D2><STRONG></STRONG></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial color=3D#008080 =
size=3D2><STRONG>JB</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Ryan V" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; a=20
=C3=A9crit dans le message de news: </FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:496DE584-2526-4870-B8B1-679D8413975D@microsoft.com"><FONT =

face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>496DE584-2526-4870-B8B1-679D8413975D@microsoft.com</FONT></A><FO=
NT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
I'm having a big=20
problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is <BR>&gt; =
discounted up=20
front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for <BR>&gt;=20
discounts.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; However, when I try to do an Item Movement =
History=20
report and select based <BR>&gt; on those reason codes, I never get any =
matches.=20
When I do an item history <BR>&gt; report for a few weeks, I notice that =
the=20
only reason codes that are <BR>&gt; displayed are the ones pertaining to =

inventory adjustment. It seems that <BR>&gt; reason codes associated =
with=20
discounts do not display in this report.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; HELP! I need =
these to=20
display to track discounts (and also store use)!</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0011_01C75694.6327A6C0--

0
julien9996 (95)
2/22/2007 8:16:12 PM
No, I'm not using HQ, just straight RMS.

"Julien Bonnier" wrote:

> You run your report from HQ?
>
> If it's the case, you have to ensure that the reason codes exsist in HQ
>
> JB
>
> "Ryan V" <RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com> a écrit dans le message de news: 496DE584-2526-4870-B8B1-679D8413975D@microsoft.com...
> > I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something is
> > discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for
> > discounts.
> >
> > However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select based
> > on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item history
> > report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are
> > displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems that
> > reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report.
> >
> > HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)!
0
RyanV (6)
3/7/2007 4:28:08 AM
When we first set up reason codes and I posted a similar question here, I
was told the system doesn't actually place a reason code in the table
associated in the transaction.  I still use reason codes but I have never
ran a report trying to see when they are used.  I use  them for opening the
drawer and returns.

--
Elizabeth M.
"Ryan V" <RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No, I'm not using HQ, just straight RMS.
>
> "Julien Bonnier" wrote:
>
>> You run your report from HQ?
>>
>> If it's the case, you have to ensure that the reason codes exsist in HQ
>>
>> JB
>>
>> "Ryan V" <RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de
>> news: 496DE584-2526-4870-B8B1-679D8413975D@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm having a big problem tracking discounts in RMS. Whenever something
>> > is
>> > discounted up front, a reason code is set. There are several I use for
>> > discounts.
>> >
>> > However, when I try to do an Item Movement History report and select
>> > based
>> > on those reason codes, I never get any matches. When I do an item
>> > history
>> > report for a few weeks, I notice that the only reason codes that are
>> > displayed are the ones pertaining to inventory adjustment. It seems
>> > that
>> > reason codes associated with discounts do not display in this report.
>> >
>> > HELP! I need these to display to track discounts (and also store use)!

0
anonymous (74722)
3/7/2007 3:33:30 PM
Ryan,
Are you using the reason code id in the filter? I have to use the name of
the reason code for the report to work for me.
Craig

"Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When we first set up reason codes and I posted a similar question here, I
> was told the system doesn't actually place a reason code in the table
> associated in the transaction.  I still use reason codes but I have never
> ran a report trying to see when they are used.  I use  them for opening
> the drawer and returns.
>
> --
> Elizabeth M.
> "Ryan V" <RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> No, I'm not using HQ, just straight RMS.
>>
>> "Julien Bonnier" wrote:
>>
>>> You run your report from HQ?
>>>
>>> If it's the case, you have to ensure that the reason codes exsist in HQ
>>>
>>> JB
>>>
>>> "Ryan V" <RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de
>>> news: 496DE584-2526-4870-B8B1-679D8413975D@microsoft.com...

0
craig6967 (916)
3/7/2007 3:53:42 PM
I've tried both. It only works for reason codes pertaining to inventory
adjustments as far as I can tell.

"Craig" wrote:

> Ryan,
> Are you using the reason code id in the filter? I have to use the name of
> the reason code for the report to work for me.
> Craig
>
> "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When we first set up reason codes and I posted a similar question here, I
> > was told the system doesn't actually place a reason code in the table
> > associated in the transaction.  I still use reason codes but I have never
> > ran a report trying to see when they are used.  I use  them for opening
> > the drawer and returns.
> >
> > --
> > Elizabeth M.
> > "Ryan V" <RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> No, I'm not using HQ, just straight RMS.

0
RyanV (6)
3/8/2007 9:38:09 PM
Microsoft? Any ideas here?

"Ryan V" wrote:

> I've tried both. It only works for reason codes pertaining to inventory
> adjustments as far as I can tell.
>
> "Craig" wrote:
>
> > Ryan,
> > Are you using the reason code id in the filter? I have to use the name of
> > the reason code for the report to work for me.
> > Craig
> >
> > "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When we first set up reason codes and I posted a similar question here, I
> > > was told the system doesn't actually place a reason code in the table
> > > associated in the transaction.  I still use reason codes but I have never
> > > ran a report trying to see when they are used.  I use  them for opening
> > > the drawer and returns.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Elizabeth M.
> > > "Ryan V" <RyanV@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
RyanV (6)
3/28/2007 12:08:51 AM
Try the detailed sales report.  I'm pretty sure that one includes
discount reason code, but you would have to use show/hide columns to
display it.

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

Ryan V wrote:
> Microsoft? Any ideas here?
>
> "Ryan V" wrote:
>
>> I've tried both. It only works for reason codes pertaining to inventory
>> adjustments as far as I can tell.
>>
>> "Craig" wrote:
>>
>>> Ryan,
>>> Are you using the reason code id in the filter? I have to use the name of
>>> the reason code for the report to work for me.
>>> Craig
>>>
>>> "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
glenn9672 (1267)

Strange Problem #2
I have Exchange 2003 running in a Win 2000 Server box. I am processing mail for three different domains. The mail for two of these domains works properly. However, for the third domain I am having the following problem: When someone in domain 3 replies to a message it is delivered as name@domain1 (the first and primary domain) instead of name@domain3 . If someone at domain 2 replies the mail properly comes from name@domain2 as it should. As nearly as I can tell the setup for domain2 and domain3 is identical, but I must be missing something. If anyone can point me in the right direction I will...

Printing data in 2 columns
I have a spreadsheet with multiple columns. I want to print the data landscape, but want data to continue in a second column on the right side of the sheet.(trying to save trees and squeeze twice the data on one sheet) Top left to bottom left then up to top right and down to bottom right. Any help would be appreciated. Hi todd m See David McRitchie his snakecol page http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "todd m" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:d96a01c...

Change Needed
I have a neat VB code that I use in Excel. This code imports data from a text file into columns in an excel spreadsheet. The excel file has two worksheets, one is to input the .txt filename with a button for the VB code to do it's magic and convert everything I have in the text file, which usually has the same layout (in each txt file) in terms of what data I want columnized in excel. The code goes as follows.... Sub ConvertFile() Dim LCStart As Long Dim IQStart As Long Dim Lat1Start As Long Dim Lon1Start As Long Dim Lat2Start As Long Dim Lon2Start As Long Dim NbmesStart As Long Dim...

NDR Status Code 6.4.1
Hi...I'm new to this group, but we are running up against a problem with a front-end exchange server that has just been implemented. Since this server has been installed, the error log is filling up with NDR 6.4.1 error messages and those select email are NOT getting delivered properly even though other email comes through fine. Best we can tell in house, this error code is indicating that we might not have a setting correct on the front-end exchange server to allow 8-bit MIME types to get through. Are there any suggestions on what might be occurring. Are there default settings ...

Sending HTML format report is not working #2
I have been sending RTF report from Ms Access on the body of the email. I need to send it in HTML format instead, but it is not working. The body of the email displays the whole source instead of the HTML formatted body. I have realized that the email format shows "Plain Text" and "Rich Text" format only. If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Below there is an example of what I am getting, please check: <HTML><HEAD><META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html;charset=windows-1252"><TITLE>Renta...

View 2 Exchange accounts with 2 Outlook instances
I have 2 Exchange accounts, 1 with company A and another with company B. Today, I need to logout of one account and login the other when checking email messages. Is there a way to have 2 instances of Outlook (or something) that would display email from company A in 1 and company B in the other? ...

Is there a way to add more reason codes
Is there a way to add more reason codes? Yes, in Manager look under the Database menu and there is a Reason Codes function there. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems ...

Launch jscript code when clicking on view to see all Cases
Hello I realise that this is totally going to be an unsupported customisation, but I was wondering whether anyone knew how to change the inbuilt grid form for Cases so that I could call some jscript that altered the look of the default grid used for viewing cases. Any advice or pointers appreciated. Cheers Saira Hi, Saira. Have not had a chance to try it myself, but in theory this should work. Here is the general idea: Create some *.HTM page and put it on CRM Web Server. On the page, put iframe 100% x 100%, which has it's source set to actual Cases grid. Now, you'll need t...

Microsoft RMS and Gas Pumps #2
I have created a gasoline item called Gas. However,I do not have access to the "click" gas pump or press ALt G to display the gas pump window. Do I need to turn on a preference to be able to do gasoline purchases? Also, does the RMS system actually INTEGRATE to a gas pump system, or is it just that the gas is tendered as an item? Enter the gas item on the transaction screen. Press F12 to tender the sale. On the Tender window, select the applicable tender, and then click Gas Pump or press Alt-G to display the Gas Pump Deposit window. Enter the corresponding pump number, and...

Newbie Question #2
Hello all, I have used XML documents in the past without schemas or validation. Now I am venturing into the realm of validating, transforming, etc. Can anyone point me to a good book or informative website (not w3.com) that will help me along? For example some questions have come up when reviewing sample XSD's from multiple sources: What is the difference between xs:, xsd:, xsi: prefixes? Is there any difference or is the author choosing to use different prefixes? What other prefixes are standard when defining XSD's? Are their any good tools "near free or freely&quo...

Outlook Express? #2
I can not find a newsgroup for outlook express. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks! Hey MAB, which language? "MAB" <mike@arin.k12.pa.us> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:#edEDJBPEHA.2740@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I can not find a newsgroup for outlook express. Can anyone point me in the > right direction? Thanks! > > Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office...

Changing Defaults in VBA 2
I need a code that opens a workbook, and then saves it as another workbook that already exists, without it telling me, the file already exists, do you want to replace it? I just want it to do it without it asking me. When you want this done on a dozen workbooks, it gets a bit tedious keep pressing the yes button, when everything else runs through smoothly via code. Many thanks in advance John John Put these statements before and after the code that saves the workbook: Put This Statement Before The Statement That Results In An Alert. Application.DisplayAlerts = False Put This Sta...

Importing Crystal Reports in Great Plains #2
Is it possible to import Crystal reports into Great Plains? ...

Moving Outlook #2
Hopefully this is an easy question: I leaving my job so I's like to basically move all of my Outlook data (Contacts, email, calendar, folder structure, etc...) to my home desktop. I have Outlook at home but have never opened it so it's a blank slate. What's the easiest way to move all the data? It's not as easy as all that! If you're using Outlook at work, there's a good chance that you're connecting to an Exchange Server. If so, all your folders are stored on the server. In that case, you'll need to: 1. Create a PST file. a. Go to "Tools", ...

Match items in 2 lists??? eh help
Hiya I have 2 worksheets. One with a long list of names the other with not so long list of names - Sheet 1 (all clicks), sheet 2 (users at client x). I would like to be able to find out how many users at client x clicked on the site... any ideas how I can run a match on the lists? Any help/tips much appreciated thanks D --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#ExtractingCommon for identifying common entries on both lists -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hiya > > I have 2 worksheets. One with a...

Installation #2
Followed the installation instructions (I think) for Mac Office X and instead of Personal Assistant setup got a 30 day trial version. Can you help??? In article <d45f8c5.0312121041.1ee47b1a@posting.google.com>, janloney@medscape.com (Jan Loney) wrote: > Followed the installation instructions (I think) for Mac Office X and > instead of Personal Assistant setup got a 30 day trial version. Can > you help??? To run Office, you need to first take the Trial version off your machine. Run the Remove Office application which is in the Value Pack folder of your installation CD. ...

2 payroll questions
Hello: When you conduct period-end report posting (for SUTA/FUTA), this creates of course a journal entry in GL that you can post. Now, post this journal entry and then go into Journal Entry Inquiry. You cannot drill-back on the UPRPE source document! Why is that? And, is there a way to find out which payroll check numbers relate to the different distribution accounts in this journal entry? Also, is there a way to default in the state tax code for an hourly employee in Transaction Entry without having to look it up or type it in within Transaction Entry? I guess that those were ...

Employee Name on W-2 in YE file
The employee name is not editable in the 'Edit W-2' window. It is not auto updated when an employee name was changed on the employee card (after the year-end wage file was created). So the name showing in the 'Edit W-2' window has to be grabbing from someplace other than upr00100. Anybody know where? TIA Just found it. UPR10101 ...

Money Deluxe 2004 #2
When I open money, the bank balance on the home page is incorrect. When I actually open the bank register, the balance is correct, as is the balance on my financial reports. Why is the balance incorrect on the home page? I have re-installed money, same problem In microsoft.public.money, Jack Johnson wrote: >When I open money, the bank balance on the home page is >incorrect. When I actually open the bank register, the >balance is correct, as is the balance on my financial >reports. Do File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair I just posted a same question not know...

Money 2005 doubles up debt in Budget Planner #2
What are some scenarios where Money 2005 might show a car payment in the following categories: Auto : Car Payment Special : Debt It is skewing my monthly budget estimations. Thanks in advance! To gfive more information.. I think Money 2005 thinks I still have a Special : Car Loan category set up, but I don't. Looking at previous months (but after the money 2005 install), it allocated the car payment under the below budget categories. However, it never posted to the "Special : Debt" section of the budget b/c it had already posted to the " Auto : Car Payment " ...

Using Visio HTML output within frames #2
Does anyone know how to take the output from the Visio html export filter, and use it within a frame of another document? Essentially, I want to put the frame based html from Visio into a frame of another document. The links only seems to work properly if the links open up a new window. If they open up in the current window, nothing happens when clicking the link. I want to do it dynamically. Is there any option to modify some parameters while saving the .vsd file as HTML Thanks, -Varma Hi Varma, I haven't fully dissected the html-output that Visio produces, but I'm sure you co...

Incompatible XSD #2
I want to create a typed dataset from an xsd file. When I use the xsd.exe tool I obtain an error like: 'The same table (TableName) cannot be the foreign table in two nested relations'. But this file is used by other users with other development environment, and also this file is validated by tools like XMLSpy. Does Microsoft support then W3C in xsd? Do I have to update my Visual Studio ..Net 2003 and how? Any idea? Thanks in advance. ...

Time Sheets #2
I have looked at various Time calculation examples but have not seen this really addressed Is there a way to have a time sheet where people do not need to enter time using military time or using AM or PM in the actual entry. We have a business that is a normal 9 - 5 business so there is no overnight or really late night work hours. If start time is in C2 , lunch out in D2, lunch in in E2, time out in F2. Normal time calculation is (F2-E2+D2-C2)*24 Am trying to use (IF(F2>E2,F2-E2,(E2+12)-E2)+If(D2>C2,D2-C2,(D2+12)-C2))*24 but am not getting correct answer (Trying to add 12 hours ...

Can't send emails to .nhs.uk addresses after upgrade to Exchange 2
I moved a client from a standalone server running Exchange 2003 (on Windows Server 2003) on to a new server running Exchange 2007 (on Windows Server 2008 as part of Microsoft's Small Business Server 2008). Since then, the client haven't been able to email ANY .nhs.uk clients (they could before the upgrade). ALL my client's other non nhs.uk clients (and there are 1000s!) are fine - it is just all .nhs.uk clients that are affected. My client's DNS records haven't changed. Their SSL certificate has changed from mail.client.co.uk to remote.client.co.uk. Thei...

Removing blank rows #2
I have a spreadsheet that pulls data from an outside source and performs certain changes to the data through a macro I run. Once the macro is finished, there are anywhere from 3,000 to 20,000 rows of data and the rest of the rows (up to 65,000 plus) are blank. Normally, when you save a spreadsheet it stops at the last row of data but for some reason (I'm assuming the functions in my macro are to blame) the spreadsheet is saved with all 65,000 plus rows. Question, is there a line of code that I can include in the macro that will delete all the blank rows at the end of the spreads...