Really Need Some Help Here

RMS V 1.3.1006

We have a closed location. We do not have their database (this was our first
closed location - 1 yr ago). This location has inventory that resides on it.
Their computer has been retasked, and wiped clean for the new location. We
have reports that pull that location's inventory. That is bad.

I have worked around the RMS reports to add filter qualities, like Store
Region <> Closed, etc. However, now we are also using a separate reporting
tool that does not function like this.

Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run from the HQ side
to completely delete this locations inv OH? I know how to change the inv
levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the store that is still
listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete the location from
HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales info, etc.
0
Jocelyn (213)
8/17/2006 5:51:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0329_01C6C1FC.609EFF70

Jocelyn,

How about taking a Physical Inventory at the store (real or zero =
everything) and then do a 501 and 190 at HQ for the store?

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "Jocelyn" <Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  RMS V 1.3.1006=20

  We have a closed location. We do not have their database (this was our =
first=20
  closed location - 1 yr ago). This location has inventory that resides =
on it.=20
  Their computer has been retasked, and wiped clean for the new =
location. We=20
  have reports that pull that location's inventory. That is bad.=20

  I have worked around the RMS reports to add filter qualities, like =
Store=20
  Region <> Closed, etc. However, now we are also using a separate =
reporting=20
  tool that does not function like this.=20

  Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run from the HQ =
side=20
  to completely delete this locations inv OH? I know how to change the =
inv=20
  levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the store that is =
still=20
  listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete the =
location from=20
  HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales info, etc.
------=_NextPart_000_0329_01C6C1FC.609EFF70

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Jocelyn,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>How about taking a Physical Inventory at the =
store=20
(real or zero everything) and then do a 501&nbsp;and 190 at HQ for the=20
store?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Jocelyn" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com">Jocelyn@discussions.mic=
rosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0411F335-7A9D-478A-BEFC-C7EE9A4A330C@microsoft.com">news:041=
1F335-7A9D-478A-BEFC-C7EE9A4A330C@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>RMS=20
  V 1.3.1006 <BR><BR>We have a closed location. We do not have their =
database=20
  (this was our first <BR>closed location - 1 yr ago). This location has =

  inventory that resides on it. <BR>Their computer has been retasked, =
and wiped=20
  clean for the new location. We <BR>have reports that pull that =
location's=20
  inventory. That is bad. <BR><BR>I have worked around the RMS reports =
to add=20
  filter qualities, like Store <BR>Region &lt;&gt; Closed, etc. However, =
now we=20
  are also using a separate reporting <BR>tool that does not function =
like this.=20
  <BR><BR>Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run =
from the HQ=20
  side <BR>to completely delete this locations inv OH? I know how to =
change the=20
  inv <BR>levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the store =
that is=20
  still <BR>listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete =
the=20
  location from <BR>HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales =
info,=20
etc.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0329_01C6C1FC.609EFF70--

0
spam3944 (2163)
8/17/2006 7:55:12 PM
There you are Jeff! I have a SPH Report for you. It pools and splits all
locations to HQ, unless you needed one on an individual location basis to run
from their SO. But, I've got the HQ one. I just saw your post today from 8/14
and responded there.

Well, that is what I do now for closed locations, I zero everything out,
including cleaning up the xfer in/outs and offline inv. Then I run a 501 and
a 190 (I guess just as you said!), and back check everything. We close,
retask and open frequently. I now back up all locations databases elsewhere
before the comp is retasked. However, with this location, we do not have
their database. It is my understanding that that is housed on the local
machine. That machine has long been cleaned out. There is no location to run
against. There is no database to restore.

This location is a real thorn. They have a ton of inv OH, not to even
mention the open xfers I just learned about. But, all of my reports on RMS
are pulling from the snapshot qty from the individual location, not like they
are pulling from HQ and I can just go in and literally change the qtys there.
I have even tried changing the locations qtys at HQ, then runnin a task 190
and setting them all to zero, but it is still failing, and quite possibly
slowly bring me down with it!

Jocelyn

"Jeff" wrote:

> Jocelyn,
>
> How about taking a Physical Inventory at the store (real or zero everything) and then do a 501 and 190 at HQ for the store?
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
>   "Jocelyn" <Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0411F335-7A9D-478A-BEFC-C7EE9A4A330C@microsoft.com...
>   RMS V 1.3.1006
>
>   We have a closed location. We do not have their database (this was our first
>   closed location - 1 yr ago). This location has inventory that resides on it.
>   Their computer has been retasked, and wiped clean for the new location. We
>   have reports that pull that location's inventory. That is bad.
>
>   I have worked around the RMS reports to add filter qualities, like Store
>   Region <> Closed, etc. However, now we are also using a separate reporting
>   tool that does not function like this.
>
>   Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run from the HQ side
>   to completely delete this locations inv OH? I know how to change the inv
>   levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the store that is still
>   listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete the location from
>   HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales info, etc
0
Jocelyn (213)

------=_NextPart_000_0470_01C6C204.5DF7DAA0

Jocelyn,

Different Jeff. ;-)  Jeff2 was asking for it.

Then your only other option is to zero out the quantities in the Item =
Dynamic table for that store.

You will need to identify the old Store ID and zero all items for that =
StoreID.  Backup First!!! =20

Do you need help with the SQL Query?

--=20
*

  There you are Jeff! I have a SPH Report for you. It pools and splits =
all=20
  locations to HQ, unless you needed one on an individual location basis =
to run=20
  from their SO. But, I've got the HQ one. I just saw your post today =
from 8/14=20
  and responded there.

  Well, that is what I do now for closed locations, I zero everything =
out,=20
  including cleaning up the xfer in/outs and offline inv. Then I run a =
501 and=20
  a 190 (I guess just as you said!), and back check everything. We =
close,=20
  retask and open frequently. I now back up all locations databases =
elsewhere=20
  before the comp is retasked. However, with this location, we do not =
have=20
  their database. It is my understanding that that is housed on the =
local=20
  machine. That machine has long been cleaned out. There is no location =
to run=20
  against. There is no database to restore.

  This location is a real thorn. They have a ton of inv OH, not to even=20
  mention the open xfers I just learned about. But, all of my reports on =
RMS=20
  are pulling from the snapshot qty from the individual location, not =
like they=20
  are pulling from HQ and I can just go in and literally change the qtys =
there.=20
  I have even tried changing the locations qtys at HQ, then runnin a =
task 190=20
  and setting them all to zero, but it is still failing, and quite =
possibly=20
  slowly bring me down with it!=20

  Jocelyn

  "Jeff" wrote:

  > Jocelyn,
  >=20
  > How about taking a Physical Inventory at the store (real or zero =
everything) and then do a 501 and 190 at HQ for the store?
  >=20
  > --=20
  > *
  >=20
  > You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader to
  > see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a =
reader, follow
  > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with =
newsreader"
  > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
  >=20
  > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
  >=20
  > **********
  >=20
  >   "Jocelyn" <Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  >   RMS V 1.3.1006=20
  >=20
  >   We have a closed location. We do not have their database (this was =
our first=20
  >   closed location - 1 yr ago). This location has inventory that =
resides on it.=20
  >   Their computer has been retasked, and wiped clean for the new =
location. We=20
  >   have reports that pull that location's inventory. That is bad.=20
  >=20
  >   I have worked around the RMS reports to add filter qualities, like =
Store=20
  >   Region <> Closed, etc. However, now we are also using a separate =
reporting=20
  >   tool that does not function like this.=20
  >=20
  >   Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run from =
the HQ side=20
  >   to completely delete this locations inv OH? I know how to change =
the inv=20
  >   levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the store =
that is still=20
  >   listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete the =
location from=20
  >   HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales info, etc
------=_NextPart_000_0470_01C6C204.5DF7DAA0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Jocelyn,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Different Jeff. ;-)&nbsp; Jeff2 was asking =
for=20
it.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Then your only other option is to zero out =
the=20
quantities in the Item Dynamic table for that store.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>You will need to identify the old Store ID =
and zero all=20
items for that StoreID.&nbsp; Backup First!!!&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Do you need help with the SQL =
Query?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT=20
color=3D#008000></FONT><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
[...]
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:7DCECEBB-7523-4665-9194-2F057F4AEED8@microsoft.com">news:7DC=
ECEBB-7523-4665-9194-2F057F4AEED8@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>There=20
  you are Jeff! I have a SPH Report for you. It pools and splits all=20
  <BR>locations to HQ, unless you needed one on an individual location =
basis to=20
  run <BR>from their SO. But, I've got the HQ one. I just saw your post =
today=20
  from 8/14 <BR>and responded there.<BR><BR>Well, that is what I do now =
for=20
  closed locations, I zero everything out, <BR>including cleaning up the =
xfer=20
  in/outs and offline inv. Then I run a 501 and <BR>a 190 (I guess just =
as you=20
  said!), and back check everything. We close, <BR>retask and open =
frequently. I=20
  now back up all locations databases elsewhere <BR>before the comp is =
retasked.=20
  However, with this location, we do not have <BR>their database. It is =
my=20
  understanding that that is housed on the local <BR>machine. That =
machine has=20
  long been cleaned out. There is no location to run <BR>against. There =
is no=20
  database to restore.<BR><BR>This location is a real thorn. They have a =
ton of=20
  inv OH, not to even <BR>mention the open xfers I just learned about. =
But, all=20
  of my reports on RMS <BR>are pulling from the snapshot qty from the =
individual=20
  location, not like they <BR>are pulling from HQ and I can just go in =
and=20
  literally change the qtys there. <BR>I have even tried changing the =
locations=20
  qtys at HQ, then runnin a task 190 <BR>and setting them all to zero, =
but it is=20
  still failing, and quite possibly <BR>slowly bring me down with it!=20
  <BR><BR>Jocelyn<BR><BR><BR>"Jeff" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt; Jocelyn,<BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  How about taking a Physical Inventory at the store (real or zero =
everything)=20
  and then do a 501 and 190 at HQ for the store?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; -- =
<BR>&gt;=20
  *<BR>&gt; Get Secure! - <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of =
newsgroup=20
  reader to<BR>&gt; see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you =
are not=20
  using a reader, follow<BR>&gt; the link below to setup Outlook =
Express.&nbsp;=20
  Click on "Open with newsreader"<BR>&gt; under the MS Retail Management =
System=20
  on the right.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <A=20
  href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A><BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
  **********<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Jocelyn" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com">Jocelyn@discussions.mic=
rosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0411F335-7A9D-478A-BEFC-C7EE9A4A330C@microsoft.com">news:041=
1F335-7A9D-478A-BEFC-C7EE9A4A330C@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  RMS V 1.3.1006 <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have a closed =
location. We do=20
  not have their database (this was our first <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
closed=20
  location - 1 yr ago). This location has inventory that resides on it.=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Their computer has been retasked, and wiped clean =
for the=20
  new location. We <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; have reports that pull that =
location's=20
  inventory. That is bad. <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have worked =
around the=20
  RMS reports to add filter qualities, like Store <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Region=20
  &lt;&gt; Closed, etc. However, now we are also using a separate =
reporting=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; tool that does not function like this. <BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that =
can be=20
  run from the HQ side <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; to completely delete this =
locations=20
  inv OH? I know how to change the inv <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; levels on =
the actual=20
  HQ side, but it is pulling from the store that is still =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete the =
location from=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales =
info,=20
etc</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0470_01C6C204.5DF7DAA0--

0
spam3944 (2163)
8/17/2006 8:52:23 PM
I do need help with that. I was messing around with it a bit today (post
backup), and just selecting instead of actually using a delete first. But,
here's the issue: I do not really know SQL. I just know what I have learned
on my own over this last year of working with RMS. Basically, I can get a
couple of reports going, but after that, it is all a guessing game. I should
really get a book.

I know what the store id is, and I thought I knew what it would be called in
Admin, but it did not really like selecting from that location (by ID or
Name) for inventory. I got one select working, but that was just for the line
item and returned with only the total qty OH for all locations combined.

Yes, I need some help, and if you ever need a SPH report or average
units/trx, you know where to look!

Thanks,
Jocelyn

"Jeff" wrote:

> [...]
>   >   Their computer has been retasked, and wiped clean for the new location. We
>   >   have reports that pull that location's inventory. That is bad.
>   >
>   >   I have worked around the RMS reports to add filter qualities, like Store
>   >   Region <> Closed, etc. However, now we are also using a separate reporting
>   >   tool that does not function like this.
>   >
>   >   Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run from the HQ side
>   >   to completely delete this locations inv OH? I know how to change the inv
>   >   levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the store that is still
>   >   listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete the location from
>   >   HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales info, etc

------=_NextPart_000_05A5_01C6C239.A929EF60

Jocelyn,

OK, try this;

Backup First!!!

This will set ALL items quantity to zero for the store id you provide!!

UPDATE ItemDynamic=20
SET Quantity =3D 0 WHERE StoreId =3D x

x needs to be your internal store ID number.

Backup First!!!

--=20
*

  I do need help with that. I was messing around with it a bit today =
(post=20
  backup), and just selecting instead of actually using a delete first. =
But,=20
  here's the issue: I do not really know SQL. I just know what I have =
learned=20
  on my own over this last year of working with RMS. Basically, I can =
get a=20
  couple of reports going, but after that, it is all a guessing game. I =
should=20
  really get a book.

  I know what the store id is, and I thought I knew what it would be =
called in=20
  Admin, but it did not really like selecting from that location (by ID =
or=20
  Name) for inventory. I got one select working, but that was just for =
the line=20
  item and returned with only the total qty OH for all locations =
combined.

  Yes, I need some help, and if you ever need a SPH report or average=20
  units/trx, you know where to look!

  Thanks,=20
  Jocelyn

  "Jeff" wrote:

> [...]

separate reporting=20
  >   >   tool that does not function like this.=20
  >   >=20
  >   >   Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run =
from the HQ side=20
  >   >   to completely delete this locations inv OH? I know how to =
change the inv=20
  >   >   levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the store =
that is still=20
  >   >   listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete the =
location from=20
  >   >   HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales info, etc
------=_NextPart_000_05A5_01C6C239.A929EF60

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Jocelyn,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>OK, try this;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Backup First!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>This will set ALL items quantity to zero for =
the store=20
id you provide!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>UPDATE ItemDynamic <BR>SET Quantity =3D 0 =
WHERE StoreId =3D=20
x</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>x needs to be your internal store ID=20
number.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Backup First!!!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
[...]
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:59273FAD-6B51-43E9-81D7-9B125A0B1EC4@microsoft.com">news:592=
73FAD-6B51-43E9-81D7-9B125A0B1EC4@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>I=20
  do need help with that. I was messing around with it a bit today (post =

  <BR>backup), and just selecting instead of actually using a delete =
first. But,=20
  <BR>here's the issue: I do not really know SQL. I just know what I =
have=20
  learned <BR>on my own over this last year of working with RMS. =
Basically, I=20
  can get a <BR>couple of reports going, but after that, it is all a =
guessing=20
  game. I should <BR>really get a book.<BR><BR>I know what the store id =
is, and=20
  I thought I knew what it would be called in <BR>Admin, but it did not =
really=20
  like selecting from that location (by ID or <BR>Name) for inventory. I =
got one=20
  select working, but that was just for the line <BR>item and returned =
with only=20
  the total qty OH for all locations combined.<BR><BR>Yes, I need some =
help, and=20
  if you ever need a SPH report or average <BR>units/trx, you know where =
to=20
  look!<BR><BR>Thanks, <BR>Jocelyn<BR><BR>"Jeff" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;=20
  Jocelyn,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Different Jeff. ;-)&nbsp; Jeff2 was asking =
for=20
  it.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Then your only other option is to zero out the =
quantities=20
  in the Item Dynamic table for that store.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; You will =
need to=20
  identify the old Store ID and zero all items for that StoreID.&nbsp; =
Backup=20
  First!!!&nbsp; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Do you need help with the SQL =
Query?<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt; -- <BR>&gt; *<BR>&gt; Get Secure! - <A=20
  =
[...]
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:7DCECEBB-7523-4665-9194-2F057F4AEED8@microsoft.com">news:7DC=
ECEBB-7523-4665-9194-2F057F4AEED8@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  There you are Jeff! I have a SPH Report for you. It pools and splits =
all=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; locations to HQ, unless you needed one on an =
individual=20
  location basis to run <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; from their SO. But, I've =
got the HQ=20
  one. I just saw your post today from 8/14 <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; and =
responded=20
  there.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Well, that is what I do now for =
closed=20
  locations, I zero everything out, <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; including =
cleaning up=20
  the xfer in/outs and offline inv. Then I run a 501 and =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; a=20
  190 (I guess just as you said!), and back check everything. We close,=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; retask and open frequently. I now back up all =
locations=20
  databases elsewhere <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; before the comp is retasked. =
However,=20
  with this location, we do not have <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; their =
database. It is=20
  my understanding that that is housed on the local <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

  machine. That machine has long been cleaned out. There is no location =
to run=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; against. There is no database to restore.<BR>&gt; =

  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; This location is a real thorn. They have a ton of =
inv OH,=20
  not to even <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; mention the open xfers I just learned =
about.=20
  But, all of my reports on RMS <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; are pulling from =
the=20
  snapshot qty from the individual location, not like they =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  are pulling from HQ and I can just go in and literally change the qtys =
there.=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have even tried changing the locations qtys at =
HQ, then=20
  runnin a task 190 <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; and setting them all to zero, =
but it is=20
  still failing, and quite possibly <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; slowly bring me =
down=20
  with it! <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jocelyn<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Jeff" wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  Jocelyn,<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; How about =
taking a=20
  Physical Inventory at the store (real or zero everything) and then do =
a 501=20
  and 190 at HQ for the store?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; *<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Get =
Secure! - <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; You must be using Outlook Express or =
some other=20
  type of newsgroup reader to<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; see and download =
the file=20
  attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a reader, =
follow<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
  newsreader"<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; under the MS Retail Management =
System on=20
  the right.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A><BR>&gt;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; **********<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Jocelyn" &lt;<A=20
  =
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0411F335-7A9D-478A-BEFC-C7EE9A4A330C@microsoft.com">news:041=
1F335-7A9D-478A-BEFC-C7EE9A4A330C@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; RMS V 1.3.1006 <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; We have a closed location. We do not have their =
database=20
  (this was our first <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; closed =
location - 1=20
  yr ago). This location has inventory that resides on it. =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Their computer has been retasked, and wiped clean for =
the new=20
  location. We <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; have reports that =
pull that=20
  location's inventory. That is bad. <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have worked around the RMS =
reports to=20
  add filter qualities, like Store <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Region=20
  &lt;&gt; Closed, etc. However, now we are also using a separate =
reporting=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; tool that does not function like =
this.=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Does =
anyone=20
  (please help me!) know a query that can be run from the HQ side=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; to completely delete this =
locations inv=20
  OH? I know how to change the inv <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
levels=20
  on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the store that is still=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; listing on the HQ Database. I do =
not=20
  really want to delete the location from <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales info,=20
etc</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_05A5_01C6C239.A929EF60--

0
spam3944 (2163)
8/18/2006 3:13:53 AM
Jeff1, again, you are the best! I will let you know the results tomorrow.

Have anything for the transfers.....? Am I pushing it yet?

Thanks again!
Jocelyn

"Jeff" wrote:

> [...]
>   >   >   Their computer has been retasked, and wiped clean for the new location. We
>   >   >   have reports that pull that location's inventory. That is bad.
>   >   >
>   >   >   I have worked around the RMS reports to add filter qualities, like Store
>   >   >   Region <> Closed, etc. However, now we are also using a separate reporting
>   >   >   tool that does not function like this.
>   >   >
>   >   >   Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run from the HQ side
>   >   >   to completely delete this locations inv OH? I know how to change the inv
>   >   >   levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the store that is still
>   >   >   listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete the location from
>   >   >   HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales info, etc

------=_NextPart_000_0227_01C6C2BA.9257A1C0

Jocelyn,

Transfers?  What did I miss?

--=20
*

  Jeff1, again, you are the best! I will let you know the results =
tomorrow.=20

  Have anything for the transfers.....? Am I pushing it yet?=20

  Thanks again!
  Jocelyn

  "Jeff" wrote:

  > Jocelyn,
  >=20
  > OK, try this;
  >=20
  > Backup First!!!
  >=20
  > This will set ALL items quantity to zero for the store id you =
provide!!
  >=20
  >=20
  > UPDATE ItemDynamic=20
  > SET Quantity =3D 0 WHERE StoreId =3D x
  >=20
  >=20
  > x needs to be your internal store ID number.
  >=20
  > Backup First!!!
  >=20
  > --=20
  > *
  >=20
  > You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader to
  > see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a =
reader, follow
  > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with =
newsreader"
  > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
  >=20
  > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
  >=20
  > **********
  >=20
  >   "Jocelyn" <Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  >   I do need help with that. I was messing around with it a bit today =
(post=20
  >   backup), and just selecting instead of actually using a delete =
first. But,=20
  >   here's the issue: I do not really know SQL. I just know what I =
have learned=20
  >   on my own over this last year of working with RMS. Basically, I =
can get a=20
  >   couple of reports going, but after that, it is all a guessing =
game. I should=20
  >   really get a book.
  >=20
  >   I know what the store id is, and I thought I knew what it would be =
called in=20
  >   Admin, but it did not really like selecting from that location (by =
ID or=20
  >   Name) for inventory. I got one select working, but that was just =
for the line=20
  >   item and returned with only the total qty OH for all locations =
combined.
  >=20
  >   Yes, I need some help, and if you ever need a SPH report or =
average=20
  >   units/trx, you know where to look!
  >=20
  >   Thanks,=20
  >   Jocelyn
  >=20
  >   "Jeff" wrote:
  >=20
  >   > Jocelyn,
  >   >=20
  >   > Different Jeff. ;-)  Jeff2 was asking for it.
  >   >=20
  >   > Then your only other option is to zero out the quantities in the =
Item Dynamic table for that store.
  >   >=20
  >   > You will need to identify the old Store ID and zero all items =
for that StoreID.  Backup First!!! =20
  >   >=20
  >   > Do you need help with the SQL Query?
  >   >=20
  >   > --=20
  >   > *
  >   > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
  >   >=20
  >   > You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of =
newsgroup reader to
  >   > see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a =
reader, follow
  >   > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with =
newsreader"
  >   > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
  >   >=20
  >   > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
  >   >=20
  >   > **********
  >   >=20
  >   >   "Jocelyn" <Jocelyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  >   >   There you are Jeff! I have a SPH Report for you. It pools and =
splits all=20
  >   >   locations to HQ, unless you needed one on an individual =
location basis to run=20
  >   >   from their SO. But, I've got the HQ one. I just saw your post =
today from 8/14=20
  >   >   and responded there.
  >   >=20
  >   >   Well, that is what I do now for closed locations, I zero =
everything out,=20
  >   >   including cleaning up the xfer in/outs and offline inv. Then I =
run a 501 and=20
  >   >   a 190 (I guess just as you said!), and back check everything. =
We close,=20
> [...]
separate reporting=20
  >   >   >   tool that does not function like this.=20
  >   >   >=20
  >   >   >   Does anyone (please help me!) know a query that can be run =
from the HQ side=20
  >   >   >   to completely delete this locations inv OH? I know how to =
change the inv=20
  >   >   >   levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from the =
store that is still=20
  >   >   >   listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete =
the location from=20
  >   >   >   HQ, but would as a last resort, losing all sales info, etc
------=_NextPart_000_0227_01C6C2BA.9257A1C0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Jocelyn,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Transfers?&nbsp; What did I =
miss?</FONT></DIV>
[...]
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:3DD3F261-3111-4A43-96EB-5D2052B3D81F@microsoft.com">news:3DD=
3F261-3111-4A43-96EB-5D2052B3D81F@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Jeff1,=20
  again, you are the best! I will let you know the results tomorrow.=20
  <BR><BR>Have anything for the transfers.....? Am I pushing it yet?=20
  <BR><BR>Thanks again!<BR>Jocelyn<BR><BR>"Jeff" wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;=20
  Jocelyn,<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; OK, try this;<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Backup=20
  First!!!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; This will set ALL items quantity to zero for =
the=20
  store id you provide!!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; UPDATE ItemDynamic =
<BR>&gt;=20
  SET Quantity =3D 0 WHERE StoreId =3D x<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; x =
needs to be=20
  your internal store ID number.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Backup =
First!!!<BR>&gt;=20
[...]
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:59273FAD-6B51-43E9-81D7-9B125A0B1EC4@microsoft.com">news:592=
73FAD-6B51-43E9-81D7-9B125A0B1EC4@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  I do need help with that. I was messing around with it a bit today =
(post=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; backup), and just selecting instead of actually =
using a=20
  delete first. But, <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; here's the issue: I do not =
really know=20
  SQL. I just know what I have learned <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; on my own =
over this=20
  last year of working with RMS. Basically, I can get a =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  couple of reports going, but after that, it is all a guessing game. I =
should=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; really get a book.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I =
know=20
  what the store id is, and I thought I knew what it would be called in=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Admin, but it did not really like selecting from =
that=20
  location (by ID or <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Name) for inventory. I got one =
select=20
  working, but that was just for the line <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; item and =
returned=20
  with only the total qty OH for all locations combined.<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Yes, I need some help, and if you ever need a SPH =
report=20
  or average <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; units/trx, you know where to =
look!<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks, <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jocelyn<BR>&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Jeff" wrote:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  Jocelyn,<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Different =
Jeff.=20
  ;-)&nbsp; Jeff2 was asking for it.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Then your only other option is to zero out =
the=20
  quantities in the Item Dynamic table for that =
store.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; You will need to identify the old Store ID =
and zero=20
  all items for that StoreID.&nbsp; Backup First!!!&nbsp; =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Do you need help with the SQL=20
  Query?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; --=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:7DCECEBB-7523-4665-9194-2F057F4AEED8@microsoft.com">news:7DC=
ECEBB-7523-4665-9194-2F057F4AEED8@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; There you are Jeff! I have a SPH Report for you. It =
pools and=20
  splits all <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; locations to HQ, =
unless you=20
  needed one on an individual location basis to run <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; from their SO. But, I've got the HQ one. I just saw =
your post=20
  today from 8/14 <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; and responded=20
  there.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
Well,=20
  that is what I do now for closed locations, I zero everything out,=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; including cleaning up the xfer =
in/outs=20
  and offline inv. Then I run a 501 and <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; a=20
  190 (I guess just as you said!), and back check everything. We close,=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; retask and open frequently. I =
now back=20
  up all locations databases elsewhere <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  before the comp is retasked. However, with this location, we do not =
have=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; their database. It is my =
understanding=20
  that that is housed on the local <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =

  machine. That machine has long been cleaned out. There is no location =
to run=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; against. There is no database to =

  restore.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; This=20
  location is a real thorn. They have a ton of inv OH, not to even=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; mention the open xfers I just =
learned=20
  about. But, all of my reports on RMS <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; are=20
  pulling from the snapshot qty from the individual location, not like =
they=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; are pulling from HQ and I can =
just go in=20
  and literally change the qtys there. <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I=20
  have even tried changing the locations qtys at HQ, then runnin a task =
190=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; and setting them all to zero, =
but it is=20
  still failing, and quite possibly <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; slowly=20
  bring me down with it! <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Jocelyn<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; "Jeff" =
wrote:<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; =
Jocelyn,<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; How =
about=20
  taking a Physical Inventory at the store (real or zero everything) and =
then do=20
  a 501 and 190 at HQ for the store?<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; -- <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; *<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; Get =
Secure!=20
  - <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; You =
must be=20
  using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader=20
  to<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; see and download the file =

  attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a reader, =
follow<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; =
Click on=20
  "Open with newsreader"<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; under =
the MS=20
  Retail Management System on the right.<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <A=20
  =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A><BR>&gt;&nb=
sp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:0411F335-7A9D-478A-BEFC-C7EE9A4A330C@microsoft.com">news:041=
1F335-7A9D-478A-BEFC-C7EE9A4A330C@microsoft.com</A>...<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; RMS V 1.3.1006 <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  We have a closed location. We do not have their database (this was our =
first=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; closed location =
- 1 yr=20
  ago). This location has inventory that resides on it. =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Their computer has been retasked, =
and wiped=20
  clean for the new location. We <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; have reports that pull that location's inventory. =
That is=20
  bad. <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; I have worked around the RMS reports =
to add=20
  filter qualities, like Store <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Region &lt;&gt; Closed, etc. However, now we are also =
using a=20
  separate reporting <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; tool=20
  that does not function like this. <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; Does anyone =
(please=20
  help me!) know a query that can be run from the HQ side =
<BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; to completely delete this locations =
inv OH?=20
  I know how to change the inv <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; levels on the actual HQ side, but it is pulling from =
the=20
  store that is still <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
  listing on the HQ Database. I do not really want to delete the =
location from=20
  <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; &gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; HQ, but would =
as a last=20
  resort, losing all sales info, etc</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0227_01C6C2BA.9257A1C0--

0
spam3944 (2163)

Help with VBA code please
Greetings, I am stumped so I am hoping the experts can help. I have spent many hours trying to write code to accomplish a certain task and no matter how I tweak it I keep running into problems. I will attempt to explain my goal: I have a worksheet that contains two columns of numbers (with no empty cells in the columns) that need to be compared. It will not always be the same two columns, so I need to be able to input which two before the program runs. The number of rows will also vary. For the sake of simplicity let's call these columns dataOld and dataNew. First I need to search ...

help with inserting a cell value into a named formula
If someone could help me solve this conundrum, I'd be wonderfully grateful... The Setup - I've got 2 columns, one named "text", one named "numbers"; lets say A,B,C,& D in A1-A4, and 1,2,3,&4 in B1-B4. I also have four formulas - let's say they're named AA,BB,CC,&DD. (AA would multiply by 2, BB multiply by 3, CC by 4, DD by 5). The Problem - In column C, I want to have an IF function that... logical_test = looks at whether the value of a cell in a "text" column cell is A,B,C,orD, value_if_true = uses the corresponding formula (AA,...

Why Windows needs RAID driver?
While in DOS level all drives are visible/accesable why Windows cannot use RAID disks and asks for necessary drivers? Especially during Windows installation. If I format a RAID partition as FAT I may install DOS : ) What's wrong with Win? On 21/01/2010 08:04, Nime wrote: > While in DOS level all drives are visible/accesable why Windows cannot > use RAID disks and asks for necessary drivers? Especially during Windows > installation. > > > If I format a RAID partition as FAT I may install DOS : ) What's wrong > with Win? The RAID chipset (a...

Formula help--lookup?
I have various items in a spreadsheet. Some of these items are repeated in various rows, but have a different text description for it. They all have the same reference number, just a different description. I want to combine all the descriptions into one cell. I am doing vlookup, but it is only putting in the first occurance. Is there a way to combine all descriptions into one cell? Yes, I like to use COUNTIF to set up a sequential number for each multiple of the unique reference. However, your description of your data is a bit vague, so I can't really recommend a particula...

formula help!!
Hello there, I am desperate for some help on a excel project....basicaly I have 2 columns, one will be a "Y" and the other a "N"...I need to come up with a formula to add these up at the end of the column...I don't know how to write a formula that tells it that, for example Y=1 and then add columns C3 to C175..I would really appreciate it if some kind soul could help me out...thanks, Mike Hi Mike i think you're after the SUMIF function =SUMIF(A3:A175,1,C3:C175) will add up the values in C3:C175, where the corresponding cell in column A has a 1 in it or =SU...

help with chart wizard
I am creating a chart based on 2 data series. (there is 28 inputs in each column). I would like to create stacked column chart but it does not work for 28 inputs. It works only for 7 inputs where it shows whole colmuns and color devision but after that it shows as plane lines (sticks) instead of columns....please help thanks 28 columns would be pretty thin anyway, and the default is that the space between them (the "Gap Width") is 150% the width of a single column. Make the chart, then double click on a column, and on the Options tab, change Gap Width to something smaller, l...

help with a formula please #3
Hello, I have a workbook with several sheets. The 1st sheet is called 'Sums', and is used to analyse and summarise the data from one of the other sheets. At the moment I just use copy & paste to copy the data from e.g. sheet 'March' into 'Sums'. This is OK, but it would be nice to be able to enter a string 'March' into a cell in sheet 'Sums' and have the sheet pick up the correct data automatically. I can see how to do this (I think) but it is a bit messy, . Is there an elegant way of doing it ? Thanks KK On Jan 15, 1:16=A0pm, "dido2...

How could I forget this formula? Help please
Good afternoon, Alright, here's a simple one. How I have forgotten it (when I use it almost every day) is beyond me. All I know is that my mind is mush right now. I am preparing a blank work sheet for others to use, so here it is: I have multiple columns that all sum different cells. I need the "Answer" cell to not show a 0 if there is nothing to "sum". ex. Cell A1 is the sum total of A2-A10. If A2-A10 are empty, I do NOT want A1 to show 0. I have no idea how I am forgetting this today. I need a drink. Thanks for your help. Really. -- Scuba Wino -------...

Newbie configuration help
I have installed CRM 1.2 on a SMS2003 Premium Server and I'm having the problem of creating users as well as getting the "You are not authorized to view this page" within IE on companyweb. The exact message I receive when I go into CRM Deployment Manager's User Manager is: "The server localhost is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server, or you do not have sufficient privileges to run User Manager. For more information, contact your system administrator" Unfortunately, I am the system administra...

connect string needs password
I need connect my database using DAO or ADO. I need help how to pass user ID and password to my database in order to connect. Can yyou please advise how to write connect string for password protected database? any way to password protect my VBA code? Your help is great appreciated, ...

Excel Question....Help !!!!
how do i save multiple versions of a document in microsoft excel? (Because in word you can save multiple versions of a document rather than saving multiple files of the document.) Thanks! Excel does not have that built in Regards, Peo Sjoblom "matt guy" wrote: > how do i save multiple versions of a document in microsoft excel? (Because in > word you can save multiple versions of a document rather than saving multiple > files of the document.) > > Thanks! ...

Database help
Hi everyone, I have a slight confusion here, hope someone can shed some light on this cubject for me. calendar month - (tables - general, misc, notes). I have a database with three tables, I have a month calendar view on my form. General, Misc and Notes will be on three different tabs. For every selected date that I input data in the three different tables, I am not understanding how to link the data to be displayed back to the user. Lets say I have information added for November 10, when I click on that date, all the information pertaining to that date will populate the ...

Need help formatting dates
I am using Excel to track the Accounts Receivables for a small business. I have added a column to track the # of days an invoice is overdue. For example, the invoice date is 7/1/04 due date 8/1/04 It is 2 days overdue. Tomorrow it will be 3 days etc. Right now I am manually calculating these date. Is there a way to format the column to automatically calculate the number of days overdue? -- Thanks! Cathy Hi Cathy yes assume due date is in cell A1 and number days overdue in cell C1 then in c1 enter =today()-A1 then right mouse click on C1 choose format cells choose number click OK Ch...

SUMIF or SUMIFS help
I have 2 sheets in one workbook (Sheet 1 and Sheet 2) Sheet 2 has 3 columns: A B C MAKE TYPE QTY 1 toyota compact 10 2 ford pickup 15 3 toyota sedan 20 4 toyota pickup 80 5 nissan hybrid 10 Sheet 1 has 2 columns: A B MAKE PICKUPS 1 toyota ? (SUM) I need Sheet 1,B1 to calculate the total number of matching items in sheet 2 that matches the data entered in Sheet 1,A1. In other words, I need sheet 1,B1 to automatically sum up the total number of to...

Help with user form
I need help with a user form that basically mimicks my worksheet. I need to get the data from the 29 text boxes on the user form to the matching columns and row on my worksheet. My worksheet looks like this: V# Vendor Name Inv-No Inv Amount Cat Amount Cost Retail Cost Retail Cost Retail the above columns are repeated 4 times My user form basically follows the same form. I need to have the user enter the data for the invoice which is then copied to the worksheet, and start the process over again until all invoice are entered. Any help is appreciated, I have been struggling with th...

Help with Formula #27
Goodevening, How do I get a number to show up in a cell if I wrote this formula, =if(h2="BUY",e2*1.02,"") RIght now I wrote this and nothing appears for any corresponding "buy". I appreciate the help. Noel Hi Works fine for me !! Have you got any data in e2 ?? Regards Michael "zmr325" wrote: > Goodevening, > > How do I get a number to show up in a cell if I wrote this formula, > > =if(h2="BUY",e2*1.02,"") > > RIght now I wrote this and nothing appears for any corresponding "buy". I > ...

I need a RMS Programmer
We had a programmer write us an auto UPC code feature a while back and now I need some additional features added. 1st, I need the Descriptions to be Longer than 30 characters. At least 60 2nd, I need the columns in the lookup window moved around. I need the Supplier first, Then description, then category, then Price, Then Department, Then Quantity, Then UPC. I also need it to then sort by Description Name. 3rd, I need a new Custom receipt layout. I have a picture of what it should look like. + I'm open to any other popular features other people have added. ...

Help! Powershell changes text file sizes??
When I run a command with invoke-expression in Powershell, it creates a file almost twice as large as the same thing run from command prompt. Can anyone tell me what is going on here? If I run the following command from a command prompt, I get a 14K text file: dfsradmin rg list /attr:RgName,ObjState >> report.txt If I run the following command from a Powershell prompt, I get a 27K file: invoke-expression -command "dfsradmin rg list '/attr:RgName,ObjState' >> report.txt" Gary schrieb: > When I run a command with invoke-expression in Pow...

need T-SQL query help with set-based approach
Hello, I have two tables: one contains customers and [customer-specific] promo dates while the other contains customer sales records. CREATE TABLE #PromoDates ( CustomerID int NOT NULL , PromoDate datetime NOT NULL) INSERT INTO #PromoDates VALUES (1, '2010-01-01') INSERT INTO #PromoDates VALUES (1, '2009-06-15') INSERT INTO #PromoDates VALUES (1, '2009-05-20') CREATE TABLE #Sales ( CustomerID int NOT NULL , SaleDate datetime NOT NULL , SaleAmount money NOT NULL) INSERT INTO #Sales VALUES (1, '2010-02-16', 5) INSERT INTO #Sales ...

Novice requires macro help
I require a macro to sort the following example: Sheet1 FRED BOB SID BERT MARY a SUSAN b c FAY d e f JAN g MARGO h JO I j Where the cell has text in it copy the text from the cell along with the row title and column title and place in a new worksheet. e.g. Sheet2 a MARY BOB b SUSAN FRED c SUSAN BERT Hope someone can help! Thanks is advance, KP -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- Sorry that the spaces got messed u...

Custom sales report help
Hello. I am trying to print out reports for quantities sold that also show me 0 quantity. I have added all the item numbers that I am interested in and it works great for ordering, but I need to be able to see which ones didnt sell during the period I set. The equals to 0 or less than 1 options dont work. Is there a trick? Thanks, Orlando ...

Do I need to reinstall Outlook?
I have a problem with Outlook. I have a MSN account so I also have Outlook Connector. A week ago I had a problem with my email. All my past email was no longer there just empty folders. I went to Microsoft Discussion Group and ask how to recover my old emails, but never got a reply. If I went to Windows Live and look at the emails they were all still there. After a few days I decided to try something, I removed my MSN account then reinstalled it. All my old emails are now there, but I have messed up my calendar and rules. I set up a rule, but they will not run unless I do...

Help with If formula
This is my formula which works ok. =IF(D6<D16,"","over") What I am trying to do is extend this and in the same formula have D6,D7,D8,D9,D10 included,ie if any are greater than D16 then "over" but I get to many arguements. I have tried D6:D7<D16 and a couple of other things but cant get it to work. "ss" <weels51@hotmail.com> wrote: > This is my formula which works ok. > =IF(D6<D16,"","over") > What I am trying to do is extend this and in the same > formula have D6,D7,D8,D9,D10 included,ie if any are > ...

Still need help pre-populating a new form
Hi Wayne, Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately I think its the wrong way round. If i read your code correctly, it opens an existing appointment with matching criteria.. What I need is a way to get from the Customers form into a new appointment form with just the customers ID pre-populated. So lets say I have a Customer record for Mrs Jones... currently I can go to a new appointment form and select her name from a drop-down and fill in the rest. But it would be so much nicer if I could click on a "Make Appointment" button in the customer form that opens the Appointments form and...

Print different page setting on reports, please....help!!
Can anyone know how to make a report print different orientation. I need to print a report of two pages, the first page set as landscape and the second as portrait. I try to change the section and force that into next page but just can't find out how to make it print different page setting. Any help would be appricate.....thank you very much. Is there a reason you can't print two different reports 1 after the other? "Blackcolour" wrote: > Can anyone know how to make a report print different orientation. I need to > print a report of two pages, the first page s...