QuickBooks Mapping - Pull Down Menus are blank

Hello,

I am working on mapping from RMS into QBs. In store op manager, when I try
to assign the GL accounts, the debit or credit account # pull down menus are
blank.

I am able to setup the configuration file, accounting, “QuickBooks 2003 or
later” and retrieve the file. I’ve setup the departments in RMS but the Chart
of Accounts in QB does not want to map into RMS.

What am I missing here? How can I get this to work?

--
Thanks,
Ron

You need to download the accounts from quickbooks, in manager | utilities .
Once you do this you will be able to map the accounts.
Craig

"cyclist" <cyclist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am working on mapping from RMS into QBs. In store op manager, when I try
> to assign the GL accounts, the debit or credit account # pull down menus
> are
> blank.
>
> I am able to setup the configuration file, accounting, "QuickBooks 2003 or
> later" and retrieve the file. I've setup the departments in RMS but the
> Chart
> of Accounts in QB does not want to map into RMS.
>
> What am I missing here? How can I get this to work?
>
> --
> Thanks,
> Ron

0
craig6967 (916)
1/10/2008 7:15:25 PM
Thanks Craig, that did it. Somehow I didn't see that in the help file.
--
Thanks,
Ron

"Craig" wrote:

> You need to download the accounts from quickbooks, in manager | utilities .
> Once you do this you will be able to map the accounts.
> Craig
>
> "cyclist" <cyclist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello,
> >
> > I am working on mapping from RMS into QBs. In store op manager, when I try
> > to assign the GL accounts, the debit or credit account # pull down menus
> > are
> > blank.
> >
> > I am able to setup the configuration file, accounting, "QuickBooks 2003 or
> > later" and retrieve the file. I've setup the departments in RMS but the
> > Chart
> > of Accounts in QB does not want to map into RMS.
> >
> > What am I missing here? How can I get this to work?
> >
> > --
> > Thanks,
> > Ron

0
Cyclist (6)

Need BLANK template for brochure 2 fold 8.5 x 11 inch paper???
Where can I find blank templates for a 2 fold brochure printed on standard letter sized paper? If you really want a blank, then just choose "2 pages per sheet" or "Book fold" under "Multiple pages" on the Margins tab of Page Setup. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "womanatwork" <womanatwork@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E0D0EB4-86E5-4E2C-A083-C7854A74201D@microsoft.com... > Where can I find blank templates for a 2 fold brochure printed ...

Bettier importing and more fields to map in POS
It would be nice to be able in import more field items than the ones you offer in your import wizard in the POS version of the software. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defa...

Newly Created Word Documents blank
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I'm having trouble with newly created Word documents on my Mac. I save it to my Documents folder and quit Word. I then go to open it again, and Word asks me if I want one of the starter 6 document forms instead of just opening up the content of the original. What gives? Any ideas as to why this is happening. It worked fine on our old G5. Thanks, David Sorry David: Not enough detail about how you are working to answer that one. How, exactly (numbered steps) are you "opening" the file? What is the exact text of...

No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. 11-10-05
"No mapping between account names and security IDs was done. SOAP Server Application Faulted" Removed licenses from other users that are no longer here. I cannot add the new users. any ideas what the error messages mean? ...

Building Dynamic Menus,...
Hi, i would like to build a submenu bellow a single menu item with the id ID_VIEW_LANGUAGES. I have a application with some language files an i would like to offer the user a menu with some languages available for the user interface. How can i build dynamic menus with MFC and CMenu and how can i handle the events for the dynamic menu items? It would be very kind if someone can give me some short example or point to a link in the internet. Thanks in adavance,... Best regards Kerem G�mr�kc� http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/s765c671(VS.80).aspx http://www.codeproject.com/menu/dyn...

Need help using pull down menus for a grid
Perhaps someone has a solution to my problem. I'm trying to use a pull down menu for a grid of information so I can only see one product's information at a time. I have the grid set-up so Column A has products, Column B starts a list of demographic breakouts for each product and the headers (starting at column C-L) are for distribution groups. I have approx 8 products, so the grid is large. But, I only want to view one products and its' corresponding demos and distributions at a time. I'd like to use a pull down menu so I can select the product and the grid will fill in - any i...

Blank Emails in Outlook Express 6
When an email is opened, the body of the email will be blank and the cursor shows busy. I have checked with support and used the OLEXP: (aka Q312351) to make sure that the Temorary Internet files have been deleted and the Temp files in c:\windows\temp have been deleted. Still no body to the emails. Can any one please give me any suggestions. ...

Why does Excel open a blank book1.xls also?
When I open a workbook by double clicking the workbook in a directory, Excel opens a blank workbook named Book1.xls. How can I prevent this from happening? If that workbook is really named book1.xls, look in your XLStart folder for Book1.xls. And check tools|options|General tab There's a box that allows you to specify a folder: "At startup, open all files in:" Either delete the entry from that box or remove book1.xls from that folder. ps. If you can't find book1.xls this way, maybe you could use windows start button|search and look for book1.xls to locate that file ...

Mapped Entities
I'm working in Microsoft CRM Connector for Microsoft Dynamics...Settings...Microsoft CRM tab Mapped Entities I'm trying to change the drop down default options in CRM for Shipping Methods and Payment Terms. I keep thinking that I have changed all of the attribute drop down options for the different entities, but these changes don't appear to influence the default options...is there a place I can change these? Thanks -- Steve HI, Have you also saved and published your entities to make your customization affective. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was hel...

CRM 1.2 Redeployment problems with Step 5, mapping users
I have followed the redeployment steps very carefully but no matter how many times I try to redeploy, I fail on Step 5. Here is what I have done and my scenario. Current System with CRM Server V1.2 Installed: domain: crmdomain1.local New System that I want to install CRM on: domain: crmdomain2.local Step 1: I used the data export tool and the current system and successfully created 2 xml files with the OU, security roles, etc all intact. Step 2: took a copy of the SQL databases and followed the directions to do it how crm wants you to. Step 3: On the new crm system I installed active...

Can I pull Data from a list by store # and quantity
Can I pull store #'s to another spreadsheet along with quantity of items? I have a Distribution spreadsheet with a list of 100 store #'s. I fill out the quantities of the items they each will recieve. The description transfers to another spreadsheet that is used to make tags for the product. sometimes, certain stores won't get anything and others might get 2. Is there a way for the store numbers to carry over to the label page while and create tags for the stores quantity? Hard to explain....hope someone can understand. Thanks, Sarah ...

Compiler error 2440 on CWinTrhead-derived message map method
Hi, We are converting a VS 6 app to VS 2005 SP1 built on XP Pro SP2. The app has a CWinThread-derived class that has a message map and an ON_MESSAGE macro. VS 2005 compiler reports error 2440 saying static cast cannot convert from CWnd* to CMyWinThread*. CWinThread is derived from CCmdTarget...and has a "message pump"....but if OM_MESSAGE cannot be used to send messages to the thread, what is the recommended approach? Thanks, Bill On Tue, 26 Aug 2008 09:11:01 -0700, Bill Beacom <BillBeacom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We are converting a VS 6 app...

Document map 05-12-10
The document map for one of my documents has stopped displaying headings from the beginning of the document and instead displays headings from a point within it. The headings that aren't displayed are correctly formatted as Level 1. And I've entered and exited Outline view, with, unfortunately, no benefit. What might the solution be please? Are the headings that are shown the document map in the same style? If so, try reapplying the style to the headings that are not showing up. If not, make sure that it is the paragraph outline level that you have set to 1 (& if it ...

Don't pull New Hire into payroll until Hire Date
Currently new employee's input into Great Plains before their actual start date need to be marked inactive or they pull into payroll. Suggest GP Payroll ignore new users until Hire date or adjust hire date has passed. - Recommended by my HR & Accounting users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...

HQ to Quickbooks Integration
Hi there, Has anyone done a HQ to Quickbooks integration? I require soem assistance. Ivan Brebner HQ doesn't integrate with QuickBooks. If you have a multi-store operation that wants to use QuickBooks they'll have to implement QuickBooks at the store level - not at HeadQuarters. You may potentially have a Great Plains prospect though. Let me know if you need a referral to a good Great Plains partner. -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobitech 402.330.0707 www.mobitechonline.com "Ivan Brebner" <ibrebner@premiumretail.com.au> wrote in message news:uIUAWcSYFHA.266...

Printing only non-blank rows
Hi all, 1) Is there a command I can use or a macro code so that I only print non-blank rows? 2) Similar problem: is there a command or macro so that I only print rows that do not contain error values? Thanks for any ideas Matthew --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ An alternative to VBA is to apply an Advanced Filter and filter for those rows that only contain data. Try this: 1. An empty cell below your data (say E100), put: =COUNTA(2:2)>0 where row 2 is the 1st row of data and row 1 = headers. 2. Select your data and go to Data > Filter > Advanced F...

better way for mapping?
I want to map number to letter, for example: 1 to AA 2 to ABC 3 to XYZ and so on. The map size can be changed dynamically. what is the better way to do that? std::map? If you are really mapping indexes to some strings, you could use a vector or CStringArray. -------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com Also CMap<int,int,CString,String> AliR. "kathy" <yqin_99@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1138828960.740180.67680@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I want to map number to letter, for example: > > 1 to AA > 2 to ABC > 3 to XYZ > and so on. The map siz...

heat map
hi all! I have to compare 2 sets of data: interest rates and loan values. I want to show a heat map on this using an older version of MS Excel. I don't have an add-in i can't get for free. Is there a way to do this? thanks! ann ...

map a range of numbers to a range of corresponding letters?
I need help constructing a formula to map a range of numbers to a corresponding range of letters like below. Each number is a unqie cell, and each letter is in a unique cell. INPUTS 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 A B C D E F G H I J K L Ideally I would like to write a formula that I can copy straight down a column that would allow me to enter a number in one column and then give me the corresponding letter to the right. For example I would enter: 4 and the formula would produce D, and so on. 11 K 8 H I've been toying wi...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

Address Drop Down Menus "?"
Under my contacts, I've created separate folders to keep contacts from different areas under the same umbrella. However, I've removed some of these folders and consolidated the contact from within those folders. However, whenever I need to access these contacts the other folders which have been removed still show up in the "Show names from the:" drop-down menu. How does one remove those non-existence folders from the list? I've have removed the folders from within the address book itself, but they still show up. Where else is this information stored or what do ...

how do I print grid lines for blank rows #2
I'm trying to create a log-in sheet with titles in the top row and then blank rows the rest of the page which can be manually filled in. I cannot figure out how to print the grid lines for the blank rows. Thanks for any suggestions. Go to cell A53 (or so). Hit the spacebar once. This is enough to make Excel think that the worksheet ends at row 53. It will now print down to row 53. Make sure you have 'Gridlines' checked in the Print Setup. HTH, Gary Brown "gailrolfe" wrote: > I'm trying to create a log-in sheet with titles in the top row and then blan...

Exporting Daily Z-reports from MRS to Quickbooks
Hello all, Basicly im trying to figure out how to export the daily Z-reports from Microsoft Retail Systems 1.2 to Quickbooks (I believe 2005) in 3 steps or fewer. Ideally, there should be a way to do this without exporting the data to a file, but rather do it directly from MRS after posting the z-report. If anyone can help please let me know if you are using the US version of Quickbooks, the ability to post directly from RMS to QB is built in - you just need to set it up and assign your accounts. Ask your RMS reseller and Accountant/Bookkeeper for help - usually takes about 2 hours t...

Ability to edit the Menus to add my own items.
Clients are complaining that a) Palettes have gone b) That they cannot ad their own items globally This functionality was in the poroduct prior to v8 and has been removed. Clients want it back! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com...