Question Regarding POS Synchronization

I am looking into implementing POS in my retail store, but I'm not quite sure
how the synchronization process works between the POS front-end and our
Quickbooks on the back-end.

The issue is that while we have a physical retail store, we also do some
orders that ship immediately from the store and are then invoiced to one of
our independent sales reps which they will pay at a later time. These
invoiced transactions, if I understand correctly, will still need to be done
in Quickbooks, not in POS. Is this correct? The item will be deducted from
inventory, but we are still awaiting payment for the items.

If so, then will the synchronization process update the inventory in both
directions? Or does the POS merely send it's transactions back to the
Quickbooks back-end. If so, then our inventory counts in POS will never be
correct and this takes away one of the huge benefits of POS.

Can anyone explain how this synchronization works, or if there is another
way to handle this process within POS?
0
Ruiner (9)
4/9/2007 7:54:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You could setup sales person with a in house account and sell from pos that
way then everything should balance.

0
Rick5747 (287)
4/10/2007 2:46:45 PM
So if my understanding is correct here, this process works exactly the same
as it does in the Quickbooks POS then. Which is that you perform a sale to a
customer which has a credit account defined in the POS and when the
synchronization occurs, it pushes it back into Quickbooks as an 'Invoice'.

Does that sound correct?

What about when you are using Office Accounting as the back-end? Can you
perform sales out of both applications if you are using MS POS with Office
Accounting, or does it follow the same process as MS POS with Quickbooks?

Thanks for your help here.
0
Ruiner (9)
4/10/2007 3:28:05 PM
Only the journal entry for the transaction (included in the daily batch)
gets pushed back to QB.  QB only act as the accounting back end.  The
A/R is managed from within MRMS.

Mike, CPA

Ruiner wrote:
> So if my understanding is correct here, this process works exactly the same
> as it does in the Quickbooks POS then. Which is that you perform a sale to a
> customer which has a credit account defined in the POS and when the
> synchronization occurs, it pushes it back into Quickbooks as an 'Invoice'.
>
> Does that sound correct?
>
> What about when you are using Office Accounting as the back-end? Can you
> perform sales out of both applications if you are using MS POS with Office
> Accounting, or does it follow the same process as MS POS with Quickbooks?
>
> Thanks for your help here.
0
mike4043 (23)