Purchase order generation rules are not followed by RMS Manager

When I generate a purchase order according to reorder information and to
order from the supplier with the lowest cost, Manager does not always order
from the supplier with the lowest cost. I can verify this by clicking
through the ILC on the purchase order, clicking the supplier tab and the
cost info on the two suppliers shows that the cheapest one is not the one
that the PO is generated for.

Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?

Thanks!

Larry Leveen
OlyBikes
Bikes, Parts, Repairs
& GREAT Customer Service!

124 State Avenue NE
Olympia, WA 98501

P: 360-753-7525
F: 360-528-7526
info@olybikes.com

www.olybikes.com
Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

0
olybikes (83)
1/5/2008 7:29:43 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I can verify that. I posted it long ago and no one else responded. That IS
the way we like to order. I update two main vendor prices regularly and want
RMS to order from the lowest price. I have not been able to discern any
specific condition that causes it to fail to order from the lowest price on
many items. This is supposed to be a feature, yet it does not work. It
forces me to delete the higher priced vendor on many items, therefore
eliminating the advantage of being able to fill backorders from a second
vendor.

This again goes to what was pointed out the other day, re: selective fixes.
MS make a big deal out of the WE ARE LISTENING on the RMS websites, but are
they really?

Marc

"OlyBikes" <olybikes@olybikes.com> wrote in message
> When I generate a purchase order according to reorder information and to
> order from the supplier with the lowest cost, Manager does not always
> order from the supplier with the lowest cost. I can verify this by
> clicking through the ILC on the purchase order, clicking the supplier tab
> and the cost info on the two suppliers shows that the cheapest one is not
> the one that the PO is generated for.
>
> Any idea what is going on and how to fix it?
>
> Thanks!

> Larry Leveen
> OlyBikes
> Bikes, Parts, Repairs
> & GREAT Customer Service!
>
> 124 State Avenue NE
> Olympia, WA 98501
>
> P: 360-753-7525
> F: 360-528-7526
> info@olybikes.com
>
> www.olybikes.com
> Featuring free bike advocacy and safety materials!

0
marcr (93)

Microsoft ODBC Drive Manager: Data Source Name not found and No Default Driver Specified
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C831F9.1F940070 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I've been meaning to ask this question for years (literally). In the Excel reports that I create for others in the company, I almost = exclusively use external data via MS Query from SQL databases. I always = use a system ODBC connection created not within Excel, but within the = ODBC administrator. In many cases I'll use the SA login and password = for the connection and in some cases, I'...

Outlook moves items without rules..
Hi, I've a very strange problem : we upgrade from NT and outlook 2000 to XP and outlook 2002. A user complains that a new personnal folder ( pst ) appears, and close is disabled.More strange : The messages arrives in the normal mailbox, after read it, the messages moves automatically to the pst file inbox folder. If i move the messages from the pst file inbox folder to the normal inbox folder, the messages comes back automatically to the pst inbox folder. I've checked the rules, there's only one defined to move items from an exception list. But the exception list was emp...

Workflow Manager DLL error
When I try to run the Workflow Manager, I get this error. Any ideas? Event Type: Error Event Source: CrmIsapi.dll Event Category: None Event ID: 0 Date: 10/16/2003 Time: 2:58:27 PM User: N/A Computer: (edited out) Description: The description for Event ID ( 0 ) in Source ( CrmIsapi.dll ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer. The following information is part of the event: A critical error has occurred initializing the ISAPI extension: Thread pool initialization failed. Are you l...

Import More Address with Data Migration Manager
Hi, I try to import additional addresses for accounts without any success. (Account and contact import works fine). I got the following error during import: "An error has occurred. Please see the log file for more information." and "An unexpected error occurred." How could you import more address to account? Thanx, Miklos ...

Purchase Order
I receive my purchase order in MSxl file format. Is there anyway I can use this file to update the inventory with retail price as well. thanks in advance Hi Juzar, we have a PO Import module that will update the inventory and update item prices in one pass. Send me an e-mail if you are interested. Ken Kosnik Computer Analytics Corporation kkosnik at cacorp dot com "juzar" <juzar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C216EA2F-5BB2-4A98-8F19-6CC51FE87D97@microsoft.com... >I receive my purchase order in MSxl file format. Is there anyway I can use > this fi...

Integration Manager 9 error window when starting up
I just completed installing IM 9 with no errors. When I start IM an error window with "Internal Error in TTGCBMap.Reocrd" window heading and "Item'-8' Not in Collection" in the window. I am not able to create a new integration form. Any help will be greatly appretiated. You stated you installed IM9....I assume you are on GP V9 as well. Have you installed the service packs for IM? That would be step 1. Is the ODBC you are using to connect with the data built correctly? If you are on SQL2000 you should be using the SQL Client. If you are on SQL2005 you s...

Tab order for dynamically placing controls?
Hi Gurus, I'm having a dialog in which TAB control is placed dynamically. Now the tab order for the dialog is happening only for the statically place control . Focus is not happening for dynamically placed controls inside the tab; How can I assign the tab control in the order of controls placed inside the dialog; IE MY tab control is residing somewhat middle in the dialog and have lot of other controls are there at upper and lower side to the TAB control. How can I assign the tab order in this scenario. I looked into SetWindowPos function to control the Z-order of controls; TIA! Anu ...

How do I split a y axis in order to display extreme values?
I want to split a y axis so that an extreme value can be displayed without making the other other values appear too small in the chart. Hi, Example can be found here, with links to a couple of other explanations. see http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html Cheers Andy KGB wrote: > I want to split a y axis so that an extreme value can be displayed without > making the other other values appear too small in the chart. -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Create rule only works once
In outlook 2003, some email I want gets automatically place in the deleted file. I create a rule for the sender to place it in the inbox. The next time the mail goes to the inbox, but then it reverts to the deleted file and I have to repeat the create rule. This goes on and on. Is there a way to make create a rule permanent? ...

how do you print addresses in proper order when mail merge to a po
I create a postcard in publisher with 4 postcard to a 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper, when printing 1 sided all is well, when I print 2 sided (duplex printer) the address that goes with the client name on the front is not correct. I know this has to do with the orientation of the printer and how it "TURNS" the paper over for 2 sided printing but can't find away to fix it - thanks for your help You will have to create two databases if you want Bill's address on one side and Dear Bill on the other. Data #1 Data#2 Bill Mabel Mabel ...

How can I follow a Hyper-link by just pressing "Enter"?
How can I follow a Hyper-link by just pressing "Enter"? My 2000 version of Excel allowed me to do just that. All I would have to do to follow a Hyper-link would be to select the cell and press "Enter". Very fast! Now I have switched to the 2003 version of Excel and the first thing I notice is that I have to pick-up my mouse and left-click the Hyper-linked cell. Very slow and cumbersome! Is there a way that I can make the 2003 version of Excel behave more like the 2000 version of Excel in this regard? Bob smallscopier@earthlink.net 4/5/05 How many times are you going ...

Rule issue in Outlook 2003
I have a co-worker who has a rule set up to drop messages into another folder. The rule is supposed to be applied when the words "Read" or "Return Receipt" appear in the subject. However, the term "specific words or phrases" in the rules wizard is apparently operating under a loose definition, because messages with subjects like "Here's that spreadsheet you wanted" are being moved by the rule. Is there any more granular control that can be exercised, i.e. finding only the whole word "read" and not as part of the word "spreadsheet"...

Integration Manager Data Source
I am trying to find out the best practice for bringing data from SQL tables (other than Great Plains Tables) as the data source for an integration using Integration Manager. As I mentioned, the data resides in SQL tables from an operational database and I will be creating Accounts Payable Transactions. The data is in different tables and it will be necessary to query those tables and set some date range (parameters) to get the data set that will be imported in Great Plains. It will be ideal if the user can enter the beginning and ending date upon starting the integration in IM. If t...

Rules #52
I have several rules to sort e-mails as they are downloaded. I have a problem that one rule works fine when I click run now but does not seem to work after that. I have changed the order of the rules but still can not get the rule to work. Thoughts please. What kind of rule is it? Does it end in a Stop Processing action? "yar" <raybright@btclick.com> wrote in message news:OOKdDuqiFHA.3216@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... >I have several rules to sort e-mails as they are downloaded. > > I have a problem that one rule works fine when I click run now but does > not ...

I need 5 conditional formatting rules-excel only allows 3
Im trying to set a sheet of fixed numbers (120) and need to have the chart highlight the numbers that match the five random numbers selected. Conditional formatting would work if it would let me use 5 rules but it only lets me use up to 3. I'm trying to highlight all the chart and then make rules to highlight in orange if any cell in the chart matches the numbers I input in each if the 5 cells at the top of the page. Any suggestions? Thanks David The next version of XL will permit you all you want, but until then, check out this link: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.CFPlus.D...

error value E-Mail from Workflow rules
Hi, When the client receive a E-Mail from the workflow rules, the name in the message is not correct. It's replaced by this: Dear {5892134A-3E10-DB11-8C02-000A5E073027}, Could you help me? Sorry for my english could you send the workflow rule ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowechizek.com/microsoft "Silvin40" <Silvin40@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D34D24AB-7D3A-4A4F-96D0-D015F194B5B9@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When the client receive a E-Mail from the workflow rules, the name in the > messag...

Displaying data sort order as descriptive text in footer
I have a spreadsheet that will be printed and sorted (in different orders) frequently. It's an inventory list. While Excel allows me the capability to sort the data by various columns I don't see a way (by function, field, etc) to grab a descriptive string describing that sort order (e.g., the text "Serial Number, Lease Expiration Date"). What I'd like to do is put this descriptive text in the footer of the document so that sort order is properly indicated to the user without the user having to change the footer manually to match their own desired sort order. ...

Need a simple customer royalty/ bonus(miles) points system for RMS
I'm looking for a simple customer royalty/ bonus(miles) points system for RMS 2. It would calculate points based on sale amount and present customer with option to redeem point after certain level is reached. Robert We wrote a similar thing for a liquor store and could probably modify it for you on the cheap. You could send me your specs and I will shoot you a quote. jerry@jrdata.us -- -Jerry JR Data Inc. "Robert" wrote: > I'm looking for a simple customer royalty/ bonus(miles) points system for > RMS 2. > It would calculate points based on sale amount ...

Need TEMPLATE for Document Management
I am searching for a free Excel template or Access (2000) template for setting up and managing a corporate library. I looked on Microsoft Online but could not find anything that fit this particular need. I'm about to be bombarded with project documents/contracts/proposals/etc for Federal projects and need a way to inventory and find them if needed in the future. Any info would be appreciated. I scan old newsgroup postings for those that have only their initial inquiry, to determine why no one bothered to react to your question, issue, or concern. If you have not already...

RMS needs a bottle redemption feature
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a9779207-491b-4378-a55b-730ac76e8ed7&dg=microsoft.public.pos ...

Fix the Purchase Line Comment data fields in Report Writer
Table POP10550 contains Purchase Order Line Comments. When a comment is entered for a line on a PO, a record is written to this table, spread out over 5 fields: CMMTTEXT - contains the full text of the comment COMMENT_1 - contains the first 50 characters (or thereabouts) of the comment COMMENT_2 - contains the next 50 characters (or thereabouts) of the comment COMMENT_3 - contains the next 50 characters (or thereabouts) of the comment COMMENT_4 - contains the next 50 characters (or thereabouts) of the comment I say "or thereabouts" because the system is smart enough to break the...

Pls help with rules & junk mailbox filter clashing..
I have rules set up to organize files coming in from different email account to go into different folders. The problem I have is that the rules seem to make the junk mail filter invalid. It will move items from the junk mail folder into the folders. Is there anyway to correct this issue? There seems to be no way to set up my rules to exclude anything that is junk from being sorted into my folders, so I either have turn the rules off to let the rules run, or leave them on to sort but lose my organization. Anyone else had this issue & fixed it? Lisa wrote: > I have rules...

Tax on Inernet Order downloada
I have an ecommerce system that I have intergreated with RMS. Each order is pulled out of the ecommerce database as XML (as defined in the customization guide) and insrted into the exchange table for processing using the standard Internet Order function. I have a problem with the tax. I have tax set on the RMS items. The ecommerce system has no concept of tax so the XML cannot contain the true figure for the tax part of the order total. When the order downlaods into RMS the cahsier is warned about this discrepancy. I realise this discrepancy is documented in the customization guide and is nor...

Order Point-po generator or MRP?
-- Doug ...

Integration Manager #33
Der all, I am trying to upload sales returns using IM 10 for GP10. IM is giving me the error msg as 'Account is empty'. But I checked all accounts. Everytihgn is setup. I appreciate your immediate reply. Regards, Vijay I have a couple of things you could try. First you should be on the latest service pack of IM What you need to think about are some of your settings in GP. When you do a Return (Or an Order for that Matter), you have settings that either say Use Sales Accounts from Item or Customer. If it is pulling from the Customer, the Customer Card (Accounts Button) need...