Purchase history and projected usage

Is anyone aware of an add-on or a way to figure projected usage for
purchasing? I find the minimum quantity function usueful but many times I
have to purchase for a few months and it would be helpful if the system could
help estimate required quantity for a specific period. To be really useful
and accurate RMS should be able to estimate product requirements for a
period, is anyone else running into this?
0
wineman (13)
4/23/2007 9:36:00 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Funny you should write about this. I was just talking to my RMS partner about
this the other day. He was going to see what he could come up with for this.
I will let you know if i hear of anything.

"Wineman" wrote:

> Is anyone aware of an add-on or a way to figure projected usage for
> purchasing? I find the minimum quantity function usueful but many times I
> have to purchase for a few months and it would be helpful if the system could
> help estimate required quantity for a specific period. To be really useful
> and accurate RMS should be able to estimate product requirements for a
> period, is anyone else running into this?
0
DougPicNPac (141)
4/24/2007 3:38:02 AM
On a somewhat related note, I have a hard time determining when I need to
place an order with a supplier of matrix items. Since each size/color is
actually a seperate item in the database, it is hard to see sales and
inventory level as a group. For example, I sell rubber boots in 10 different
sizes. I am not going to place an order with my supplier just because I am
low on size 6 boots, but if I know collectively that I sold 400 total boots
in the last month and I have only 200 remaining, I obviously need to place
an order.

How can I do an inventory movement report on matrix items (HQ environment)?

"Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Funny you should write about this. I was just talking to my RMS partner
> about
> this the other day. He was going to see what he could come up with for
> this.
> I will let you know if i hear of anything.
>
> "Wineman" wrote:
>
>> Is anyone aware of an add-on or a way to figure projected usage for
>> purchasing? I find the minimum quantity function usueful but many times I
>> have to purchase for a few months and it would be helpful if the system
>> could
>> help estimate required quantity for a specific period. To be really
>> useful
>> and accurate RMS should be able to estimate product requirements for a
>> period, is anyone else running into this?

hi i have already develop the solution of your worries these reports i have
develop for runningcompany.com of kris and he paid me money too for this. let
me know if you need this and what exactly are your requirement I will do this
for you.

"Jason" wrote:

> On a somewhat related note, I have a hard time determining when I need to
> place an order with a supplier of matrix items. Since each size/color is
> actually a seperate item in the database, it is hard to see sales and
> inventory level as a group. For example, I sell rubber boots in 10 different
> sizes. I am not going to place an order with my supplier just because I am
> low on size 6 boots, but if I know collectively that I sold 400 total boots
> in the last month and I have only 200 remaining, I obviously need to place
> an order.
>
> How can I do an inventory movement report on matrix items (HQ environment)?
>

> "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Funny you should write about this. I was just talking to my RMS partner
> > about
> > this the other day. He was going to see what he could come up with for
> > this.
> > I will let you know if i hear of anything.
> >
> > "Wineman" wrote:
> >
> >> Is anyone aware of an add-on or a way to figure projected usage for
> >> purchasing? I find the minimum quantity function usueful but many times I
> >> have to purchase for a few months and it would be helpful if the system
> >> could
> >> help estimate required quantity for a specific period. To be really
> >> useful
> >> and accurate RMS should be able to estimate product requirements for a
> >> period, is anyone else running into this?

0
AkberAlwani (916)
4/24/2007 1:42:03 PM
Akber how can I get in touch with you to disucss this solution?

"Akber Alwani" wrote:

> hi i have already develop the solution of your worries these reports i have
> develop for runningcompany.com of kris and he paid me money too for this. let
> me know if you need this and what exactly are your requirement I will do this
> for you.
>

> "Jason" wrote:
>
> > On a somewhat related note, I have a hard time determining when I need to
> > place an order with a supplier of matrix items. Since each size/color is
> > actually a seperate item in the database, it is hard to see sales and
> > inventory level as a group. For example, I sell rubber boots in 10 different
> > sizes. I am not going to place an order with my supplier just because I am
> > low on size 6 boots, but if I know collectively that I sold 400 total boots
> > in the last month and I have only 200 remaining, I obviously need to place
> > an order.
> >
> > How can I do an inventory movement report on matrix items (HQ environment)?
> >

> > "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Funny you should write about this. I was just talking to my RMS partner
> > > about
> > > this the other day. He was going to see what he could come up with for
> > > this.
> > > I will let you know if i hear of anything.

0
wineman (13)
4/24/2007 1:54:00 PM
my email id is alwani89 and it is hotmail. I am also avaialble on MSN>

"Wineman" wrote:

> Akber how can I get in touch with you to disucss this solution?
>
> "Akber Alwani" wrote:
>
> > hi i have already develop the solution of your worries these reports i have
> > develop for runningcompany.com of kris and he paid me money too for this. let
> > me know if you need this and what exactly are your requirement I will do this
> > for you.
> >

> > "Jason" wrote:
> >
> > > On a somewhat related note, I have a hard time determining when I need to
> > > place an order with a supplier of matrix items. Since each size/color is
> > > actually a seperate item in the database, it is hard to see sales and
> > > inventory level as a group. For example, I sell rubber boots in 10 different
> > > sizes. I am not going to place an order with my supplier just because I am
> > > low on size 6 boots, but if I know collectively that I sold 400 total boots
> > > in the last month and I have only 200 remaining, I obviously need to place
> > > an order.
> > >
> > > How can I do an inventory movement report on matrix items (HQ environment)?
> > >

> > > "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
AkberAlwani (916)
4/24/2007 1:56:00 PM
Hi there,

Professional Advantage has the Retail Analytics and Merchandise Planning
(RAMP) product available for RMS HQ customers.  Are you currently using HQ?
RAMP delivers the information required to analyze and effectively manage the
inventory and buying processes. The system suggests store transfers and
purchase orders that can be analyzed and fine-tuned by the buyer. Once the
buyer approves these activities they are generated as transactions in the
Microsoft Retail Management System.

If you have any other questions or would like more information, please feel
free to contact me at jenl@profad.com.

Thanks,

Jen Losch
Professional Advantage

note, I have a hard time determining when I need to
> place an order with a supplier of matrix items. Since each size/color is
> actually a seperate item in the database, it is hard to see sales and
> inventory level as a group. For example, I sell rubber boots in 10 different
> sizes. I am not going to place an order with my supplier just because I am
> low on size 6 boots, but if I know collectively that I sold 400 total boots
> in the last month and I have only 200 remaining, I obviously need to place
> an order.
>
> How can I do an inventory movement report on matrix items (HQ environment)?
>

> "Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Funny you should write about this. I was just talking to my RMS partner
> > about
> > this the other day. He was going to see what he could come up with for
> > this.
> > I will let you know if i hear of anything.
> >
> > "Wineman" wrote:
> >
> >> Is anyone aware of an add-on or a way to figure projected usage for
> >> purchasing? I find the minimum quantity function usueful but many times I
> >> have to purchase for a few months and it would be helpful if the system
> >> could
> >> help estimate required quantity for a specific period. To be really
> >> useful
> >> and accurate RMS should be able to estimate product requirements for a
> >> period, is anyone else running into this?

0
JenLosch (82)
4/25/2007 4:32:02 PM
We have this in version 2.0 of our RMS add-in,  Savitas Advanced Reports for
RMS.

We are just about ready to release version 2.0, if you would like a beta
copy we may be able to arrange this.

With one of our reports, you can analzye a time period, and based on those
sales and your days of inventory setting, it will tell you how much excess
or short inventory you have.  Of course you can also use this for planning.
If you would like more input parameters for analytical calculations in the
report we can arrange that too, or customize the report for your
installation.

Contact us for more details

Jamieson Gill
jgill@savitas.net
www.savitas.net

You can store parameters, such as days of inventory
"Wineman" <wineman@discussions.microsft.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone aware of an add-on or a way to figure projected usage for
> purchasing? I find the minimum quantity function usueful but many times I
> have to purchase for a few months and it would be helpful if the system
> could
> help estimate required quantity for a specific period. To be really useful
> and accurate RMS should be able to estimate product requirements for a
> period, is anyone else running into this?

0
jgill (39)

How to customize column width in Ressource Usage report ?
Hi, When printing the Workload, Ressource Usage report, some of the durations are stated as #####.##. I tried to make the font smaller but it did'ent help. How do I make the report readable? I am using MS Project 2007 SP2. Br Bertrand If you goto Reports, Custom you can see all of the built-in reports and you can see what they are made of and you will see that they use a filter and a table (and other settings and stuff). The column width of each field is a property of the table. Find the report that you are interested in, then find the table that it uses, then e...

RMS 2.0 Purchase Help
I am planning on purchasing RMS 2.0 for my 2 store operation with 2 cashiers + 1 back office computer at each location. I use a warehouse as HQ at this point. Please help me choose the right products at right price. Thank you, Flash, You can find RMS at all various prices from 50 or so dollars above the cost from MSFT to the MSRP. Microsoft also requires a maintence fee per sales lane of about $225(be aware of this the reseller may not tell you this, until the last minute) The back office computer should be hardware only as in RMS 2.0 the licensing is figured by how many sales lanes...

Re: Tax Line Manager shows incorrect salary and tax projections
Hi I have exactly the same problem. Did anybody find a solution? Thanks, V. JC wrote: > *Hi - > > The Tax Line Manager shows the correct Year to Date Salary amoun > but > for some reason, the Projected Total for 2004 is way off. When > drill > down to the projection details, it includes my projected quarterly > bonus but not the regular salary (taxable income) amounts for th > rest > of the year. Same issue with the W-2 tax categories - the projection > includes the taxes for the quarterly bonus but not the regula > salary. > I am using Money 2003, wo...

Purchased online upgrade still says "trial version"
I purchased the upgrade to Money 2006 online and followed the instructions as well as humanly possible, but the Money still starts as the trial version which will expire an the end of this month. I tried everything I can think of which included following instructions in this knowledge base article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;889930 After doing everything the article said which finally came down to uninstalling then reinstalling, it seemed to work ....at first. Right after the reinstall, it didn't say "trial version" so I thought it was fixed. B...

Calendar View in Project 2007
I'm trying to use the Calendar View in Project 2007. My project is large and when I set my layout option only some of the items are displayed in the day. There is a dropdown arrow that indicates there are additional items. When you print the calendar, those items then show up on a followup page and are not user friendly. My question is, how do you get to a task so that you can drag it up to be visible in the calendar view? I have tried using different sort orders but none of them get all of the data onto one screen. Neither does the fit as many as possible option. ...

History Quote Error
I just recently installed Money 2007. I added my mutual fund data, went through all my statements, entered all the data. Everything seems fine, Except... Money is showing LMVTX down 7.0% YTD. No Way!!! I looked at the historic prices and the closing price today is 1.47% higher YTD. Looking at the LMVTX chart, there are some wild swings in Moneys historic prices, a lot of the prices are Wrong, Wrong, Wrong! I can't seem to locate any place to over-ride these wrong prices. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance... In microsoft.public.money, Patrick wrote: >I just recently instal...

Display project by group
I need to display my Proj 2007 schedule using the group ‘Org X Area’. This displays just fine on screen but when I try to print (or even print preview) the three vertical bars to the left of the task name fail to print. I tried it in Proj 2010 beta and the same problem exists. Any suggestions to fix this – it’s no good to me if I can’t print. Thanks, Stuart Hi Stuart, No, sorry. This was noted awhile ago and I don't know if there are any plans in the works to change. If you take a screen capture (Print Screen) or save as a gif file using the camera button is it better...

I want to convert my acess project into exe
I want to convert my access project into executeable .exe file what i can do.. Sorry, it is not possible. If you want people who doesn't have Access software to be able to run your ADP, you need the Microsoft Office Developer's Edition to create an installation package that install your ADP / ADE and the Access Run-time files on the target PCs so that users can use your ADP / ADE (since they now have the Access Run-Time version installed on their PCs). -- HTH Van T. Dinh MVP (Access) "tauseef" <itengineer@msn.com> wrote in message news:10b501c387e0$a3b618b0$a3012...

transaction history ?
Is there a way to view past transactions sorted by time of day? I'm trying to get a grip on both my busiest hours and what items are selling at what times? Thanks in advance, zoo For sales revenue and customer counts by hour try Shift-F6 on the RMS POS window. For item sales, ask your RMS partner for the "Detailed Sales by Hour" report from the Partner Source Report Library. Ken K. "zoostation" <zoostation@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B227C0E7-DDD1-4D56-A43C-0F23CCE077A1@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to view past transac...

Project Break Down Structure
I am trying to create a projects break down structure for my company. I want to divide the company into the departments hosting projects then each department has sub boxes containing the host countries, then sub boxes containing subsidiaries and finaly project box ... each suboridinate must have different custom properties to ease the reporting feature i created this thing on visio but it always gives me trouble updating it ... i created different properties sets and color codes but i still get problems is there a template that does this whole thing for me ...

remove previous vb6 project versions from Control Panel
Hello I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my vb6 projects on computers. After installing the project a few times on the same computer, I noticed different versions in the Software-screen in control panel. And I also noticed that pdw doesn't overwrite the program I wanted to install with pdw on that computer. Do you have a solution? Thanks Catharinus van der Werf csvanderwerf@planet.nl catharinus wrote: > Hello > > I use the package and deployment tool in vb6 to setup and install my > vb6 projects on computers. After installing ...

Add Payment to Purchase Order Processing Invoice
There have been numerous requests to have the ability to add payment information to a Purchase Order Processing Invoice. ...

Calendar: Can't find project or library
With help from this group some years ago the code, below, was developed. But now, having upgraded to Office 2010, I get an error message that says "Can't find project or library" and I can't figure out what steps I need to take to resolve. The help suggests I need to do the following, but I can't even see how to Display the References dialog box. Display the References dialog box. Select the missing reference. Start the Object Browser. Use the Browse dialog box to find the missing reference. Click OK. Repeat the preceding steps until all missing references are resolved...

Open Sales Order Transactions to History
What is the process (in Version 9) of moving open sales orders to History? (have cancelled line items, but transaction is still open) In V7.5 there was a remove to history option, cant find this in version 9 thanks -- Doug I don't have 9.0 installed yet but it should be Sales Doc Utilities then Remove Completed Documents -- http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Doug" wrote: > What is the process (in Version 9) of moving open sales orders to History? > (have cancelled line items, but transaction is still open) > > In V7.5 there was a remove to history option, ...

Management of projects priority
Hello, The context is a compagny that manage quite a lot of projets. When an important problem occurs (important break down on a critical production chain), they need to stop the current projects and create a new priority project to solve the problem. This new project will shift all other planed projetcs and assigned ressources. how to integrate this urgent project in EPM without loosing others current or/and planned projets ? And to shift their tasks. With or without MS protefolio Project ? Thank, Guillaume. Probably best to re-post in the forum dedicated to P...

shading 'rows' in Project
i want to shade some 'rows' in Project Hi, You leave some questions open. Which version? 2003, 2007? The left (tabular) part of the view or the right part? 1. The right, graphical part can't be shaded. 2. Rows in the left part can be shaded only if you have version 2007. This can be manual or semi-automatic. Manual: select the cells you want to shade, ClickFormat, Font and set the background. Semi-automatic: insert the column "Marked". Set to Yes for the tasks you want to shade. Click Format, Text Styles. As "Item to Change" select Marked tas...

Dates in Sales and Purchase Orders
Hello. Great Plains 7.5 SP6 on SQL 2000. I am curious to know what others do in regards to dates in SOP and POP. If you have an unknown date (say a vendor ship date, vendor promise date, customer requested ship date, etc.) what do you do? We use a series of "fudge" dates now in GP, which I know has to stop. To illustrate what I mean: for safety stock, a fake order is created with 1/1/1980 as the requested ship date. For a debit memo, a to be released order or PO, or an unknown date, a 2022 date is used. Can I just leave it blank if it's unknown? How would that affect other...

Purchase Order Quantities INCREASE during 401
Hello, We are experiencing a problem with a customer. Has anyone seen this happen or know of a fix? HQ Environment, XP SP3 all round, RMS SP3 all round, XP MDAC Fix update applied all round. Creating a Purchase Order in Store Ops, ordering a quantity of 2. The order gets received in Store Ops, quantity of 2 WS401 gets processed HQ reports that 2 were received in at the store, according to Item Movement History report However, the Item Quantity for the item that has been received has increased by 3. What could cause this? Thanks, Matt Do Item Movement reports for all ...

GP 8.0 Purchasing Lists
Just upgraded to 8.0 on MSQL. Under Purchasing Lists the field "Document Number" appears as the Voucher or Payment # and not in fact the actual Document Number (Invoice # or Check #) Has anyone else noticed this and is there a fix ?? Just noticed that in the Purchasing Lists fields the "Other Number" choice in fact gives you the document number ??? >-----Original Message----- >Just upgraded to 8.0 on MSQL. Under Purchasing Lists the >field "Document Number" appears as the Voucher or Payment ># and not in fact the actual Document Number (...

Project Failing in the Reporting(Project Publish) Step
We are running MS Project Server 2007 SP2 with AUG09 MS CU. One of our projects is always failing on the "Reporting(Project Publish) step with the following error. I am not an SQL Error summary/areas: Reporting message processor failed ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed ReportingProjectChangeMessageFailed Queue GeneralQueueJobFailed Error details: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-16"?> <erri...

Using MasterPackQuantity in Purchase Order Print Outs
I want to be able to customize my Purchase Order print outs whereby for each item I would have the following headings: -Reorder Number -Carton Quantity (ie. Quantity Ordered / MasterPackQuantity) -Pack Quantity (ie. MasterPackQuantity) -Quantity Ordered -Description -Unit Price -Total Cost For example: An item I have has an MPQ of 12, a Restock Point of 5 and Restock Level of 24 and I have 3 in stock. Therefore I have to order 24 units of this item. I want to represent this on my Purchase order as 2 x 12 pieces. Can this be done? Thanks, Brian ...

Tough project,doc file explorer
Just as my tile imply ,i want to develop a doc file explorer.I am experienced towards this project.So would some kind guys give me some tips > Just as my tile imply ,i want to develop a doc file explorer.I am experienced > towards this project.So would some kind guys give me some tips How is it different from CFileDialog? Why not use it? --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" <ajaykalra@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1161022593.998727.234980@m7g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... >> Just as my tile imply ,i want to develop a doc file explorer.I am >> experienced >> to...

High Processor Usage
I have just installed MSAccess 07 on a windows server 03 sp2 machine. When I bring up access it eats up over 50% of my processor when idle, slowing my machine to a crawl until I terminate access. Is there a fix or update I can apply to fix this? Note when no database is open this does NOT occur. It occurs only when a database is open and it does not matter if it is an 07 db format or a previous version. O/S Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Ed SP2 H/W Intel Pentium M 2Ghz, 1Gb Ram On Tue, 22 Jan 2008 17:37:03 -0800, Lee <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Make sure you have Offic...

MS Project Professional 2003 Global.mpt
Hello Everyone, I loaded Project Professional 2003 on my desktop. Project Server 2003 is not online as yet. When I try to open a file (old or new)I receive the message "Could not open Global.MPT file. I have tried everything and I cannot get it to work. Does anyone have a solution? Thanks, Daryl I think you're in the wrong newsgroup >-----Original Message----- >Hello Everyone, >I loaded Project Professional 2003 on my desktop. Project >Server 2003 is not online as yet. When I try to open a >file (old or new)I receive the message "Could not open ...

IE7 Problem With Drill Down On Sales History Report
I have run into an issue with using IE7 to generate the Sales History report. The basic report runs just fine but if I drill down on Earned Revenue or Lost Revenue I just get a blank blue screen. This report with the drill down works just fine from pcs on the network that are still using IE6. Any suggestions as to how to fix this? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services Hi Rick, I clicked on Earned - Lost Revenue to drill down to the details report and I get "Sales History Detail by : Owner" header and tabular data of the opportunities. I am unable to reproduce the issu...