Problems printing using Star SP200

Our SP200 used to work fine with our prior POS system under Windows XP
Pro. It was installed as a generic text printer. Even though it was set
up like it had 8.5 by 11 paper, the program knew it was just a receipt
printer, and everything worked just fine.

A month ago we installed RMS and the printer has not worked correctly
since then. If we use the generic text driver we have been using, it
prints fine, but NOW it thinks the paper is 11" long and will eject a
few inches after each invoice is printed.

I got ahold of Star and they actually sent me a printer driver. Their
driver fixed the extra paper feed, but substituted a worse problem -
the right third of the invoice no longer is visible. It's like it
prints the remainder of the text to the right of the right margin. It
doesn't wrap to the next line, it just doesn't print at all.

Tech support at Star insists that the printer should work properly. But
the driver they sent lists and installs as an SP212, not the same, I
think, as the SP200.

There is no OPOS driver for the SP200 on the Star website, unless of
course I am supposed to use a slightly different version to install
(e.g. SP212 instead of SP200).

I researched this topic, and in 2004 someone (Glenn Adams?) indicated
that the SP2xx series worked fine with RMS. Perhaps someone could
explain to me what I (and the Star folks) are missing.

If I have to buy a replacement printer, it's not the end of the world.
I just don't want to be screwing around two weeks from now still
experimenting and getting nowhere other than more frustrated.

Thanks in advance.

Bud Izen
Salem Oregon

0
bizen (7)
3/1/2005 3:28:22 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

We have a Star SP200 printer working fine with RMS.  We use the OPOS driver
and selected SP212.

--
John M.
"Bud Izen" <bizen@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Our SP200 used to work fine with our prior POS system under Windows XP
> Pro. It was installed as a generic text printer. Even though it was set
> up like it had 8.5 by 11 paper, the program knew it was just a receipt
> printer, and everything worked just fine.
>
> A month ago we installed RMS and the printer has not worked correctly
> since then. If we use the generic text driver we have been using, it
> prints fine, but NOW it thinks the paper is 11" long and will eject a
> few inches after each invoice is printed.
>
> I got ahold of Star and they actually sent me a printer driver. Their
> driver fixed the extra paper feed, but substituted a worse problem -
> the right third of the invoice no longer is visible. It's like it
> prints the remainder of the text to the right of the right margin. It
> doesn't wrap to the next line, it just doesn't print at all.
>
> Tech support at Star insists that the printer should work properly. But
> the driver they sent lists and installs as an SP212, not the same, I
> think, as the SP200.
>
> There is no OPOS driver for the SP200 on the Star website, unless of
> course I am supposed to use a slightly different version to install
> (e.g. SP212 instead of SP200).
>
> I researched this topic, and in 2004 someone (Glenn Adams?) indicated
> that the SP2xx series worked fine with RMS. Perhaps someone could
> explain to me what I (and the Star folks) are missing.
>
> If I have to buy a replacement printer, it's not the end of the world.
> I just don't want to be screwing around two weeks from now still
> experimenting and getting nowhere other than more frustrated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bud Izen
> Salem Oregon

We use SP300 printers with the Windows drivers, and I had
to change the paper width to 2.5 inches from the default
2.75 in the receipt format properties.  Until then it was
cutting off the right side of the reciept, as you are
seeing.

Good luck

0
anonymous (74722)
3/1/2005 6:47:53 PM
Okay John, I'm fine with using the OPOS driver, but where did the
driver come from? I downloaded the only OPOS driver I could find off
the Star website and the SP212 printer (or any SP2xx for that matter)
is not a choice.

Bud

John M. wrote:
> We have a Star SP200 printer working fine with RMS.  We use the OPOS
driver
> and selected SP212.

0
bizen (7)
3/1/2005 9:54:31 PM
I'm a technical kind of guy, so maybe someone can explain how this
works. If I am  using a font pitch of a certain size and it prints off
the edge of the page, and all I do is bring in the margin, I am, in
effect, trying to print the same text in even LESS space than I was
before. If it didn't fit on the page before reducing the margin, why
would it fit now? Makes no sense to me. The only way this could work is
that somehow something in RMS senses that the margin has been brought
in, and automatically reduces the font size so that the message being
printed now fits between the reduced borders.

Since I am at my home office, I can't just look. Hence this second part
of the question. Do I set the properties within the receipt template or
externally?

Thanks!

Bud

0
bizen (7)
3/1/2005 9:58:55 PM
A 212 is a SP242C (parallel) or SP242D (serial) in the OPOS driver.
You sure you went to the POS site?
I borrowed the following from our reseller's site.
http://www.star-micronics.co.jp/service/s_print/opos_win32_yyyymmdd.exe.htm

Once you have downloaded the file, run it, and unzip the files into the
default folder indicated. Next locate that folder (called Star) and look for
the posprinter folder. Run Setup and select the printer model you have
purchase (TSP643D is a serial TSP600). Run Check Health and make sure the
printer is recognized.

If you have a cash drawer that will plug into the printer also run the setup
program in the cashdrawer folder.

"Bud Izen" <bizen@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Our SP200 used to work fine with our prior POS system under Windows XP
> Pro. It was installed as a generic text printer. Even though it was set
> up like it had 8.5 by 11 paper, the program knew it was just a receipt
> printer, and everything worked just fine.
>
> A month ago we installed RMS and the printer has not worked correctly
> since then. If we use the generic text driver we have been using, it
> prints fine, but NOW it thinks the paper is 11" long and will eject a
> few inches after each invoice is printed.
>
> I got ahold of Star and they actually sent me a printer driver. Their
> driver fixed the extra paper feed, but substituted a worse problem -
> the right third of the invoice no longer is visible. It's like it
> prints the remainder of the text to the right of the right margin. It
> doesn't wrap to the next line, it just doesn't print at all.
>
> Tech support at Star insists that the printer should work properly. But
> the driver they sent lists and installs as an SP212, not the same, I
> think, as the SP200.
>
> There is no OPOS driver for the SP200 on the Star website, unless of
> course I am supposed to use a slightly different version to install
> (e.g. SP212 instead of SP200).
>
> I researched this topic, and in 2004 someone (Glenn Adams?) indicated
> that the SP2xx series worked fine with RMS. Perhaps someone could
> explain to me what I (and the Star folks) are missing.
>
> If I have to buy a replacement printer, it's not the end of the world.
> I just don't want to be screwing around two weeks from now still
> experimenting and getting nowhere other than more frustrated.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Bud Izen
> Salem Oregon

0
nospam1994 (41)

Oulook Express 6 Connection problem
Recently, I am having serious problems not being able to secure a connection when sending e-mail via Outlook Express6. I am getting a Cannot find server message Number 0x800cccCO131. Many times, Outlook disconnects altogether and I frequently get a "Can't Find Page" message for either Inbox, or Sent folders although in some instances thhe message disappears and the folder appears as I wsitch folders. This is all very disconcerting and affects my business as well as costing many hours of lost downtime. Need help fast (before I lose my mind--or business). Stan Bodner Hi - ...

trying to export .aba file from Palm Desktop to .csv file and having problems with irregular characters
I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? Here's a pic of what they look like" http://img176.imageshack.us/my.php?image=howtoeliminatesquareseu6.jpg > I'm getting these odd square characters in my notes section of > the .csv file which I think are carriage returns in palm desktop that > are unrecognizable to excel. Any idea how to eliminate them? > Here's a pic of what they look like" I hate to ask what...

Good uses for triggers?
What are some [good/useful] was to use triggers? I need concrete examples so I can evaluate my reasons for using triggers. So far, I have 2 of them: 1. Return all of, or part of the resultset that was modified (insert/delete tables). 2. Automatically modify a column, or set of columns whenever an action on the table takes place. Right now, it is the well known cookie cutter "last updated/modified timestamp" example. Is there any other typical examples/reasons to use them? Andy I have been trying to avoiud using triggers as much as I can. However triggeers ha...

Printed Quote
Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? What other options for printed quotes are there? Hi, Our Advanced quote and order processing module allows you to quickly and easily create and print quotes in Microsoft CRM. Regards, David Smooha 516 609-5010 http://www.dynamicscrmaddons.com/AdvancedQuotes.asp "dmn8" wrote: > Curious is anyone has any samples of a printed quote using SRS? > > What other options for printed quotes are there? ...

Memo line on printed checks
I'm wondering if it is possible to modify the placement of the memo line on printed checks. Moving the entire printed text using the existing check printing parameters within Money will not help as I only require the modification of the memo line. You see, I have pre-printed blank checks, but the memo line (when printed using Money) falls below the pre-printed line on the check. I searched for a possible check printing template, which I might modify directly, (using Notepad for example) in the Money file heirachy without success. I've even poked aroung the registry for any p...

How do I change the color of the drop down arrow when using the a.
How do I change the color of the drop down arrow when using the autofilter option in Excel 2000. You don't. You could use a different Theme in Windows>Display>Appearance but that would affect all applications. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 14:42:26 -0800, "SouthBay588" <SouthBay588@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I change the color of the drop down arrow when using the autofilter >option in Excel 2000. Interesting question. But what is wrong with the default color? What is the use of getting another color? Just a matter of esthet...

Printing to different printers
I would like to have the sheets of my workbook print to differen printers, with out having to switch printers under file printer. I there a way for this to be done -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Record a macro when you do it manually one time. then when you need it again, run that macro. "pboost1 <" wrote: > > I would like to have the sheets of my workbook print to different > printers, with out having to switch printers under file printer. IS > there a way for this to be done? > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/...

Small text in printed pages from Outlook
I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for appointments etc., the problem is, that when I print the pages [1 page per day] then the text on those pages is tiny - I've been looking for a cure for ages, anyone able to help???? On 11/17/2009 3:02 AM On a whim, Chris Jones pounded out on the keyboard > I have XP and Office 2007 installed, I use Outlook as my diary and print > pages from this with clients information on and take them with me for > appointments etc., the pr...

offline sync problem
Yesterday I had a customer's 8 register system lose internet connectivity, so all the registers went off-line. They are using RMS 1.2 SR3 on a SBS Professional 2003 Server with XP SP2 registers. When internet connectivity was restored today, all but one of the registers sync'd. On the register that did not, the last transaction in the batch was at about 7:40pm yesterday. No transactions were recorded after that time. I manually took the register off-line today and could not find any batch or blind-closed batch with any transactions after 7:40pm. I also checked, via MS Acce...

Use Cached Exchange Mode is "greyed out"
When using Outlook 2003 & Windows 2003 Terminal services the option for Use Cached Exchange Mode is "greyed out" even logged in as Administrator. Any Help Thanks Bill I don't believe it works on TS. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&num=30 "RX Bill"...

Problem with Table Column Not Expanding
I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge of the column. It appears that Word 2007 is not actually extending the table as it should but stops right at the page break. On the Table tab of Table properties, make sure text wrapping is set to None. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "David C. Holley" <David.C.Holley> wrote in message news:%23IRfeJbgKHA.5564@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I've got text in a table column that extends beyond the visible edge...

dashed line printing problem
Hi, I am having problem in printing charts which has dashed lines. Whenever I make a graph which has dashed line instead of solid line, on the computer screen those lines appears to be dashed but when I print the graph those lines come to be solid. I believe it's bug in excel. I was reading and microsoft suggest installing service pack 3 for the office to get the problem rectified. I installed the service pack but the problem still persists. Can somebody help me if he know the work around with this problem. Prashant ...

Problems with a form in Access 2000
Hello all, We are using Windows 2000 pro with Access 2000. We are having this problem on one machine only. There is an input form that has a memo field in it. When the guy tries to hightlight some text in that memo field, it highlights the whole memo field as soon as he clicks in it instead of letting him choose what data to highlight. Sticky keys are not on, on his machine, I checked that. The database has a front end and a back end and he is working in the front end. To make the problem go away, he has to restart his machine. What could possibly be the problem? Thanks, GMC ...

Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close
After un-installing Norton Internet Security using Add/Remove Programs I get the message "Microsoft Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close" when trying to run Outlook. I have tried removing all account info, running with /safe etc, reinstalling office xp, reinstalling Windows 2000 but still cannot start outlook. Any ideas anyone??? ...

problem with header rule...
i seems to have a problem with only one rule type.. i have a rule that says to permanently delete any mail which contains certain words in the header.. i also have the same basic one for words in senders and recipients names... but on those rules i have no problems with it just checkin the perm. delete only, but on the header rule it turns on the stop processing more rules checkbox automatically if i have the perm. delete on... i dont want the stop one on.. just the perm delete... for now i just moved this rule to last place so it is the last one to process anything ayways, but i wou...

Problem when trying to make initially invisible a dialog base app
Hi all.. I programmed a dialog based application that shows an icon in the traybar. Since all functionality is made from a menu shown when user clicks on that icon, I want the dialog to be invisible at startup. I tried it by using SetWindowPos(........., SWP_HIDEWINDOW) and ShowWindow(SW_HIDE) API's in OnInitDialog method but always the dialog is shown. What can I do? Thanks Jaime > > I programmed a dialog based application that shows an icon in the traybar. > Since all functionality is made from a menu shown when user clicks on that > icon, I want the dialog to be inv...

Problem with Outlook 98 Not Closing
We have some clients who recently began running Outlook 2003 over dialup RAS without any problems, but when they use a LAN or dialup connected machine with Outlook 98, the Outlook client won't fully close unless they manually close it with task manager or logoff or restart the machine. A dialog stating that Outlook is exiting remains on the screen and doesn't disappear. The problem began once they started using Outlook 2003. Interestingly enough, Outlook 97 exits without any problems. Does 2003 make some changes on the Exchange server that cause Outlook 98 to try to run some...

calender problems
By mistake I imported(old Schedule plus import) another user's calender into my outlook (I meant to just look at his calender). Now, of course, "people" (I still have this in testing mode) so no big deal, yet) think they are looking at my calender instead of his. How can I fix this? Also, his admin assistant has to view his calender, however, she has to use another Exchange server and you can't use two Exchange servers. Since I screwed up the import, viewing her boss's calender(in OWA) is impossible. Please advise. "amyb" <amy@npsg.ncifcrf.gov> wr...

Using this News Group
I would appreciate it if someone could tell me if I have a setup problem on my computer or there is sometimes a problem with this news group when I access it IE7. After I sign in and see an item that I want to reply to, I press on reply. After I clicked on the reply sometimes the window pos up and I am all set to reply the way I expect other times I get no response or I just get the same message that I was looking at. Anyone else experiencing this issue? "neil154" <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A345E68D-C3B9-4FD8-8211-CACE1374C389@microso...

Using the IF function
Ok I have A1 as test, A2:9 as blah, A10 as test and A11:A20 as blah so it looks like this test blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah test blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah What I want to do is make A1 so that IF(A1=???Any of cells A2:20??? then it becomes the same format as A1 is that possible -- fluc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- fluci's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2589 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39291 You'd need a macro. A formul...

Update Problem 06-28-10
Recently, I downloaded & installed updates by going to the Windows Update site -- just like I regularly do, . The update process went fine -- all updates were installed. NOW, however, the program (Acronis) that I regularly use to backup my hard-drive crashes with a BSOD specifying a kernel error. I guess that I will have to UNinstall these updates to be able to run that program. Is there any way I can find out which update is causing the problem so I only have to UNinstall only one of these updates? I use WinXP Pro SP2. On 2010-06-28 2:52 p.m., MN wrote: > Rece...

using Access Data
I have a slight problem with Charts in Excel & Access. I'm creating charts that can use up to 50,000 data points (if not more) and in Excel there is significant lag time (up to 2 minutes just to rescale an axis or change the title). I decided to try and use Access to organize the data, but creating a chart in Access is a pain because there is a 4000 data point limit per series (really stupid). My question is: Is there a way to link the data from Access to an Excel chart without importing the data (importing would just cause my initial problem)? I do know some basic...

Import text file using a wildcard
I am running the following code to import all text files that all start with the same 12 characters: ' Set the parameters to import the text file If Right(Me!txtFilePath, 1) = "\" Then strPath = \\mdb8\Global Else strPath = \\mdb8\Global& "\" End If strFileName = "GlobalImport*.txt" If FileExists(strPath & strFileName) = False Then msgbox "File " & strPath & strFileName & " Does not exist!", vbCritical + vbOKOnly, "No File..." GoTo ExitImpor...

Problem with XmlSerializer
When i make a call to XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); I get this error Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key what is the cause of this? <jw56578@gmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:1126047360.427054.306130@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > When i make a call to > > XmlSerializer xs = new XmlSerializer(System.Type.GetType("myobject")); > I get this error > Key cannot be null. Parameter name: key > > what is the cause of this? > Don't use a string...use an object XmlSerializer xs = new XmlS...

can i use filters to compare data instead of vlookup?
I have to compare membership lists to identify if customers belong to certain groups. Currently, I have been using Vlookup but I notice that there are too many nuisances. Could I use a filter to compare two membership lists and give me a more accurate answer? Maybe try setting up a new sheet with List1, and entering a new column indicating List1 in each row......then adding List 2 at the bottom and entering List2 in the new column for each row in that section............then do Data > Filter > AutoFilter and check the arrows at the tops of the columns to filter from there...........