Problems getting EPSON TM-T88III Printer to work

We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the cashiers
work properly and 2 don't.

When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an error
window with the text:
Error occured in calling the health check method
Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)

The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations that
are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that they
tried has not worked.

We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the working
stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.

Can anyone point us in the right direction?
0
ClashO (3)
8/28/2005 1:21:03 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the
printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything
else the same)?

R.

"ClashO" wrote:

> We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the cashiers
> work properly and 2 don't.
>
> When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an error
> window with the text:
> Error occured in calling the health check method
> Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
> ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
>
> The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations that
> are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that they
> tried has not worked.
>
> We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the working
> stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
>
> Can anyone point us in the right direction?
-1
hitman (84)
8/28/2005 10:18:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no joy.

"hitman" wrote:

> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the
> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything
> else the same)?
>
> R.
>
> "ClashO" wrote:
>
> > We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the cashiers
> > work properly and 2 don't.
> >
> > When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an error
> > window with the text:
> > Error occured in calling the health check method
> > Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
> > ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
> >
> > The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations that
> > are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that they
> > tried has not worked.
> >
> > We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the working
> > stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
> >
> > Can anyone point us in the right direction?
0
ClashO (3)
8/29/2005 12:42:51 AM
What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?

Are you using the OPOS Drivers?

Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that the
Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not
connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if you
are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers at
all.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no
> joy.
>
> "hitman" wrote:
>
>> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the
>> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything
>> else the same)?
>>
>> R.
>>
>> "ClashO" wrote:
>>
>> > We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the
>> > cashiers
>> > work properly and 2 don't.
>> >
>> > When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an
>> > error
>> > window with the text:
>> > Error occured in calling the health check method
>> > Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
>> > ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
>> >
>> > The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations
>> > that
>> > are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that
>> > they
>> > tried has not worked.
>> >
>> > We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the
>> > working
>> > stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
>> >
>> > Can anyone point us in the right direction?

0
glenn1806 (721)
8/29/2005 3:47:02 PM
They are using the parallel interface.

We are using the OPOS drivers.

Will double check to make sure the Windows Drivers are not installed.  I
know that we tried getting it to print using the Windows drivers.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
>
> Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
>
> Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that the
> Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not
> connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if you
> are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers at
> all.
>

> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no
> > joy.
> >
> > "hitman" wrote:
> >
> >> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the
> >> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything
> >> else the same)?
> >>
> >> R.

0
ClashO (3)
8/30/2005 5:29:10 PM
You will also need to ensure that you are using a bi-directional parallel
cable, the checkhealth method waits for a repsonse and ID from the printer -
the error you reported indicates that either the printer was not contacted or
an incorrect printer ID was received.

Also check/remove any reference to the parallel port that other drivers make
- lots of inkjets/lasers etc use printer monnitoring software for ink/toner
levels. Make sure that this is not installed as it will be using the port,
making it impossible for the OPOS driver to communicate with the printer.

If all else fails, go to a command prompt and copy a text file to the port.
Create a text file and save it to the root directory of your P.C. Save it as
test.txt.

Type copy test.txt lpt1: and press enter. The file should print at the
receipt printer. If it doesn't recheck that nothing is using the port, if not
then check the cable. EPSON printers are VERY reliable so it woul be unusual
for it to be hardware related.

Good Luck,

Craig.

"ClashO" wrote:

> They are using the parallel interface.
>
> We are using the OPOS drivers.
>
> Will double check to make sure the Windows Drivers are not installed.  I
> know that we tried getting it to print using the Windows drivers.
>

> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
> > What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
> >
> > Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
> >
> > Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that the
> > Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not
> > connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if you
> > are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers at
> > all.
> >

> > --
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >

> > "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no
> > > joy.

Go to Add/Remove programs and remove anything that says Epson except the OPOS
driver. Make sure to check off all options during the uninstall.

Go to Printers and Faxes, select File, Server Properties, Ports and remove
anything that says Epson (especially at the bottom of the list). There should
be nothing connected to LPT1: and if there is, delete that too.

Restart the PC and check the BIOS setting for LPT1. Try ECP or EP if it says
Auto.

Start XP as normal and run Check Health on the OPOS driver.

"ClashO" wrote:

> We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the cashiers
> work properly and 2 don't.
>
> When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an error
> window with the text:
> Error occured in calling the health check method
> Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
> ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
>
> The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations that
> are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that they
> tried has not worked.
>
> We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the working
> stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
>
> Can anyone point us in the right direction?
0
mark564 (750)
9/3/2005 11:34:05 PM
Hi Glenn , hope you dont mind a question through regular email...
I am having so problmes getting a tmt88ii serial printer to work. If I chose
"epson" instead of "common control objects" will that screw things up?? Also,
which version of epson ADK OPOS is best to use with RMS 1.2 SP3.

thanks alot

Arve

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
>
> Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
>
> Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that the
> Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not
> connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if you
> are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers at
> all.
>

> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no
> > joy.
> >
> > "hitman" wrote:
> >
> >> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the
> >> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything
> >> else the same)?
> >>
> >> R.

0
Arve (7)
11/9/2005 5:10:07 AM
Yes, installing the Epson Control object will screw things up - you must
select the Common Control object.

I've been installing the 2.4 version of the Epson OPOS driver with no
service packs for several months now with no problems, but we install the
USB version - I've never tried Serial, but would expect it to work
identically.  You may want to check the firmware version of your printer -
there are instructions for finding this and a compatibility chart on Epson's
site - http://pos.epson.com

Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com

"Arve" <Arve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Glenn , hope you dont mind a question through regular email...
> I am having so problmes getting a tmt88ii serial printer to work. If I
> chose
> "epson" instead of "common control objects" will that screw things up??
> Also,
> which version of epson ADK OPOS is best to use with RMS 1.2 SP3.
>
> thanks alot
>
> Arve
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
>>
>> Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
>>
>> Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that
>> the
>> Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not
>> connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if
>> you
>> are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers
>> at
>> all.
>>

>> --
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>

>> "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no
>> > joy.

0
glenn9672 (1267)
11/9/2005 2:48:13 PM
You may also want to do a Self Diagnostic Test of the printer, take a look
at the Port settings and make sure they match the LDN you created for the
printer.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in
message news:%23Tw9dyT5FHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Yes, installing the Epson Control object will screw things up - you must
> select the Common Control object.
>
> I've been installing the 2.4 version of the Epson OPOS driver with no
> service packs for several months now with no problems, but we install the
> USB version - I've never tried Serial, but would expect it to work
> identically.  You may want to check the firmware version of your printer -
> there are instructions for finding this and a compatibility chart on
> Epson's site - http://pos.epson.com

> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Arve" <Arve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi Glenn , hope you dont mind a question through regular email...
>> I am having so problmes getting a tmt88ii serial printer to work. If I
>> chose
>> "epson" instead of "common control objects" will that screw things up??
>> Also,
>> which version of epson ADK OPOS is best to use with RMS 1.2 SP3.
>>
>> thanks alot
>>
>> Arve
>>
>> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>>
>>> What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
>>>
>>> Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
>>>
>>> Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that
>>> the
>>> Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not
>>> connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if
>>> you
>>> are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows
>>> printers at
>>> all.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Glenn Adams
>>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>>

>>> "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Problem
Ever since I added a Microsoft Exchange Server Account and all it6s associated folders and its in-box to my pre-existing Personal Outlook 2003 POP3 folders, I have had nothing but confusion. The Exchange Server account from my workplace downloads its messages into the in-Box for my private ISP POP3 account and vice versa. When I try to configure a rule for my personal POP3 account so that any messages addressed to my workplace account are loaded into the exchange server in-box on my client PC, the software tells me I have to go on-line to Exchange Server - even to create rules for th...

date problem #10
Thanks a lot, Dave This piece of code works great. M P Redd -- mpredd ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mpreddy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1327 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26358 ...

Delete doesnt seem to work in SQL
Can someone possibly tell me why my delete statement in sql is not deleting anything. Table1: CurUser | Inventory John Stalls, Machine John Stalls, Pinball John Stalls, Golf Harry Simpson, Tires Harry Simpson, Boats //--------------------------------------------------------------// String FileName = System.IO.Directory.GetCurrentDirectory() + "\\test.db"; string ConnectionString = string.Format(@"Data Source={0};Version=3;New=False", FileName); SQLiteConnection conn = new SQLiteConnection(ConnectionString); conn.Open(); SQLiteCommand cmd = conn.C...

How do I get a filter to "UPDATE" the rows selected?
Hey there! I am using Excel 2002 and I have a speadsheet that has prices in it. If I have the filter set to (the filter criteria is much more complex than this though) prices for items that cost >$5.00. Of I change an item to 4.59, it should not be seen. How can I get it to re-update the rows shown, with out releaseing the filter and resetting it? Is there something like refresh.filter or anything like that? Thanks Phil AFAIK you must release and reset but a macro with a worksheet_change event could trigger this for you so that it would happen automatically. -- Don Guillett SalesAid...

Problem changing parent Business unit
WE have re-arranged some business units into a more appropriate hierarchy, however, we have noticed that a user in a role with deep privileges (own business unit and children I think) to read users can only see users in his own business unit and only one of the child business units (there are 2 child business units). We cannot enable him to see all the users in both child business units. We tried reassigning the parent business unit to the one child that is not appearing, but it doesn't seem to make any difference. WE also tried adjusting the privileges up and down (i.e. Global and local...

create new users STRANGE problem
Hi, I'm developing a web application (using standard asp and not asp.net) to let certain remote users administer exchange 2003. I have installed win2003 standard edition, exchange 2003 enterprise edition,owa and my web application on the same server. My web app, let users to create mailboxes, delete mailboxes, change user password. All works fine, but for example, if I reboot the server, a web application user can create 50 mailboxes. But when any of these users log on to owa, something goes wrong and the admin user cannot mailbox enable other user accounts through the web app, even if he ...

Problem w/ Outlook
I'm running Office XP and all of a sudden I can't move messages to other folders not delete messages from my Inbox. It doesn't give me a specific error code, just suggests that I restart Outlook. I've tried that with no success. I went to ControlPanel and repaired my Office installation. Any ideas? Eudora is looking beter all the time. ...

ProbleM: when I restore a mailbox using Exmerge with a pst file, nothing is transferred.
Hi, I am practising Exmerge for a big remote site migration in a couple of weeks. One thing I dont understand is that I can backup one test mailbox fine using Exmerge (I know this works, as I have opened the mailbox pst file within outlook and everything is there), but when I perform the restore using the pst file, nothing happens. There is no error messages, and Emerge goes through the motions (though it finishes supsiciously quick), but when I open the mailbox, no emails have been restored. Although it is great that Exmerge is working for the backup part of the stage, I am disappointed it i...

Microsoft 60 Day Trial Key
Hi I have a new HP PC with Office 2007 Trial installed on it with an Activation Assistant that I click the 1 button to get a 60 Trial key. When clicking this I don't get a key but pop up message. "The Microsoft Office Activation Assistant was unable to request your trial activation key. Please check your Internet connection and try again. If the error continues, go to www.microsoft.com/office/pctrial2007 to request a trial activation key. " So i then goto website and click on the link which takes me to here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/products/FX101759...

Problems with Outlook 2003
This only happens with externally sent messages. Internal messages work fine. One of my users alerted me to this issue, so I tested this myself. I created 2 messages (internal and external) and added delayed delivery to both. They were both set to go out at the same time. The internal message went, and the external message is still in the outbox. The user who alerted me to this found her message went "before" the scheduled time.We are not running in cached mode and of course running Outlook on Exchange. Is this a bug? ...

deleting mail on exit not working
hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option keeps unchecking itself. Any body knows how to fix this problem thanks in advance Am 6 Sep 2005 12:04:27 -0700 schrieb jjlopez45@gmail.com: > hey guys im using outlook 2002 and I have selected empty deleted items > folder upon exiting which works until i restart my computer. I have to > slect this option everytime i restart my computer because the option > keeps uncheck...

memory problem of Excel 2003 copy & paste
Hi all, I am using Excel 2003 for some project. I am having 2GB C drive harddisk space. After a while, the Excel begins to be extremely slow in copy and paste... It takes about half an hour to copy and paste just a few cells... I've consulted people. It seems a memory problem. But I cannot close my windows and kill the processes, because I am running long-running (overnight) jobs... I cannot reboot either. Is there a way to clean the memory and let Excel 2003 clipboard function properly without rebooting or killing my 4 long-running processes? Thanks! p.s. I am sure this is an is...

CSS ( ul li ul = Hidden) not working
Hi Steep learning curve for me. I am just start to create a CSS web and have created a simple drop down menu http://www.ukoutdoorpursuits.org/Thisisatest1.html Which "seems to work OK when I add in another couple of DIVs below (content and Footer - note the content DIV will hold the editable region). The Header DIV, Nav DIV and Footer DIV will only be editable on the DWT. But as you can see – the “Hidden” is not working like it does in frontpage. Although you can’t see the drop downs they are still there – and clickable. Drag you mouse over the Contact DIV (white b...

Windows XP Shared PC
We are using Outlook 2000. The PC, which already had Microsoft Office 2000 loaded on it, was upgraded from Win 98 to Win XP. I then created Windows XP logons for all four people that will be sharing this PC. When I did, the Outlook shortcut automatically ended up on the desktop of each person when they individually logged in. When I clicked the shortcut the first time I went in to each person's desktop, I setup the mail account for JUST THAT PERSON. And when I go back and log into each person's desktop it still shows ONLY THEIR ACCOUNT. However, whatever mail they receive ALS...

Public Folder/OWA problem
We're running a pure Ex2k3 environment. I'm trying to setup a public folder where end-user software can be posted. This way, users can access our front-end OWA server outside of the network, open public folders, and then save the software to their local PC. The problem is that i get a "403 Forbidden" error whenever i try to download the file off of OWA. I checked that users had all permissions to the folder.. I found this TechNet article that describes something very similar (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/834743/en-us). The only problem is that it refers to som...

Shared workbook and VBA problem
Shared workbook and VBA problem Hi Group, I am new at this Excel stuff and I am hitting my head on a silly problem that I am sure many have seen before. I wrote a very simple spreadsheet where I use the Calendar control to pick some dates. Everything was fine until I decided that I needed to share it on the network with other users. As soon as I share it the calendar control stops working. I get a "runtime error 1004, unable to set left property of oleobject class". That's because the first thing I try to do is position the calendar. If I don't do that, it still doesn't...

outlook express 6 password problem
Help I have outlook express 6, windows xp. My internet provider just changed from att broadband to comcast. now i keep getting a password rejected error and i cant receive any mail. i cant seem to find a way to shut off the password. in my wifes page of xp it works ok. Hi, Bill - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these n...

cannot get BCM to work on Office Enterprise 2007 and Windows 7
I have Windows 7 and Office enterprise 2007 and tried to install BCM 2007 and got it installed then opened Outlook and said it could not setup database. Is BCM 2007 compatible with Enterprise and Windows 7. Is there a work around? ...

Problems Recieving Emails
I have two accounts one for me and one for the better half. I have them set up on outlook correctly . The problem is I can only down load the wife's email using out look express. I also use Mail Washer to wash the crud out and it does not see the email either although it logs on to the accounts. Cox is my ISP. I have discussed it with them and the answer was to take it up with Microsoft, but that was a waste of time as they have not found any cause for the action. Any ideas of the problem would be kindly accepted. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Separate mail profiles? 3. Separate Windows L...

new...delete not work in MFC ? Why ?
Hi, Check out the following code char* t=new char[1000]; t="sdfsdf"; delete t; at delete t; statement , MSVC 6.0 MFC application generates Abort: Unhandled exception Why? Help ! sandSpiderX > Hi, > > > Check out the following code > char* t=new char[1000]; > t="sdfsdf"; > delete t; > > The rule is simple, if you use "new [...] then you must use delete []" and if you use new ... then simply call delete ... In your case you need to do delete [] t; ....but that's not the end of your problems. "char * t&...

Importing Contract from .csv file is not working
Hi, I m new to CRM. I have two column in my .CSV file. name and phone number i am trying to imort them to CRM contact Module. Everything happen smooth, i mean mapping of fields. But it does not Import the Contact in to CRM , instead the task goes and sits into the Buld Import Activity. And shows the Status as "Pending". I am using CRM Client and all the services are running..... Please let me know what could be the problem.. Labhesh Shrimali Bangalore - India MCP. Hi you have to change the Log on account for the Workflow Service on the CRM Server Regards, Dirk F ...

getting tight vertical fit automatically
Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? If format|row|autofit is too "loose", then I think manually is the way to go. Kevin wrote: > > Is there a way to get a tight fit vertically, without having to > hand-adjust many row heights (some of three lines, some of 1, etc)? -- Dave Peterson ...

Hebrew Oulook problem solved
Removing the com add-in Outlook Attachment remover solved the problem. ...

Crystal Reports problem 07-11-05
Hi, Client was seeing the usual logon problem when trying to access reports. Tried re-starting all services and this error disappeared but now isn't showing any reports at all. Checked all the files and databases and can't see where the problem is - any suggestions please. By the way this is post install - no one has yet been prompted to install the activex viewer. Hello Pete, This could be Active Directory related. Could you check you added the Microsoft CRM server and the SQLServer computer to the Pre-Winodws 2000 Compatible Access group? This solved a number of problems at ...

Date Problem #2
Hi All Please can someone advise me what to do, I have a date in a textbox where I am using the AddDate method to increment the day , but I am getting strange results. Is this because the US date? if so how do I change this to work for the UK date? Any help would be greatly appreciated regards Subs Hiya- i'm not sure what formula you're using- I put a random date in A1 and pasted the following formula in B1 & C1: =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),DAY(A1)+1) it increased the day by 1 in both cells. I then changed the format to UK and it worked just fine. Is this what you're l...