Problems getting EPSON TM-T88III Printer to work

We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the cashiers 
work properly and 2 don't.

When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an error 
window with the text:
Error occured in calling the health check method
Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)

The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations that 
are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that they 
tried has not worked.  

We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the working 
stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.

Can anyone point us in the right direction?
0
ClashO (3)
8/28/2005 1:21:03 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

9 Replies
2229 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 39

You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the 
printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything 
else the same)?

R.

"ClashO" wrote:

> We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the cashiers 
> work properly and 2 don't.
> 
> When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an error 
> window with the text:
> Error occured in calling the health check method
> Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
> ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
> 
> The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations that 
> are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that they 
> tried has not worked.  
> 
> We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the working 
> stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
> 
> Can anyone point us in the right direction?
-1
hitman (84)
8/28/2005 10:18:02 PM
Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no joy.

"hitman" wrote:

> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the 
> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything 
> else the same)?
> 
> R.
> 
> "ClashO" wrote:
> 
> > We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the cashiers 
> > work properly and 2 don't.
> > 
> > When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an error 
> > window with the text:
> > Error occured in calling the health check method
> > Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
> > ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
> > 
> > The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations that 
> > are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that they 
> > tried has not worked.  
> > 
> > We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the working 
> > stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
> > 
> > Can anyone point us in the right direction?
0
ClashO (3)
8/29/2005 12:42:51 AM
What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?

Are you using the OPOS Drivers?

Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that the 
Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not 
connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if you 
are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers at 
all.



-- 
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com
----------------------------------------------
Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
newsgroup so that all can share the information



"ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:A68DF407-6155-4DFD-98EB-45A908B269A3@microsoft.com...
> Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no 
> joy.
>
> "hitman" wrote:
>
>> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the
>> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything
>> else the same)?
>>
>> R.
>>
>> "ClashO" wrote:
>>
>> > We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the 
>> > cashiers
>> > work properly and 2 don't.
>> >
>> > When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an 
>> > error
>> > window with the text:
>> > Error occured in calling the health check method
>> > Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
>> > ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
>> >
>> > The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations 
>> > that
>> > are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that 
>> > they
>> > tried has not worked.
>> >
>> > We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the 
>> > working
>> > stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
>> >
>> > Can anyone point us in the right direction? 


0
glenn1806 (721)
8/29/2005 3:47:02 PM
They are using the parallel interface.

We are using the OPOS drivers.

Will double check to make sure the Windows Drivers are not installed.  I 
know that we tried getting it to print using the Windows drivers.



"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
> 
> Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
> 
> Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that the 
> Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not 
> connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if you 
> are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers at 
> all.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> ----------------------------------------------
> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> 
> 
> 
> "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A68DF407-6155-4DFD-98EB-45A908B269A3@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no 
> > joy.
> >
> > "hitman" wrote:
> >
> >> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the
> >> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything
> >> else the same)?
> >>
> >> R.
> >>
> >> "ClashO" wrote:
> >>
> >> > We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the 
> >> > cashiers
> >> > work properly and 2 don't.
> >> >
> >> > When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an 
> >> > error
> >> > window with the text:
> >> > Error occured in calling the health check method
> >> > Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
> >> > ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
> >> >
> >> > The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations 
> >> > that
> >> > are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that 
> >> > they
> >> > tried has not worked.
> >> >
> >> > We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the 
> >> > working
> >> > stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
> >> >
> >> > Can anyone point us in the right direction? 
> 
> 
> 
0
ClashO (3)
8/30/2005 5:29:10 PM
You will also need to ensure that you are using a bi-directional parallel 
cable, the checkhealth method waits for a repsonse and ID from the printer - 
the error you reported indicates that either the printer was not contacted or 
an incorrect printer ID was received. 

Also check/remove any reference to the parallel port that other drivers make 
- lots of inkjets/lasers etc use printer monnitoring software for ink/toner 
levels. Make sure that this is not installed as it will be using the port, 
making it impossible for the OPOS driver to communicate with the printer.

If all else fails, go to a command prompt and copy a text file to the port. 
Create a text file and save it to the root directory of your P.C. Save it as 
test.txt.

Type copy test.txt lpt1: and press enter. The file should print at the 
receipt printer. If it doesn't recheck that nothing is using the port, if not 
then check the cable. EPSON printers are VERY reliable so it woul be unusual 
for it to be hardware related.

Good Luck,

Craig.

"ClashO" wrote:

> They are using the parallel interface.
> 
> We are using the OPOS drivers.
> 
> Will double check to make sure the Windows Drivers are not installed.  I 
> know that we tried getting it to print using the Windows drivers.
> 
> 
> 
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> 
> > What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
> > 
> > Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
> > 
> > Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that the 
> > Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not 
> > connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if you 
> > are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers at 
> > all.
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > Glenn Adams
> > Tiber Creek Consulting
> > http://www.tibercreek.com
> > glenn@tibercreek.com
> > ----------------------------------------------
> > Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
> > newsgroup so that all can share the information
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:A68DF407-6155-4DFD-98EB-45A908B269A3@microsoft.com...
> > > Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no 
> > > joy.
> > >
> > > "hitman" wrote:
> > >
> > >> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the
> > >> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything
> > >> else the same)?
> > >>
> > >> R.
> > >>
> > >> "ClashO" wrote:
> > >>
> > >> > We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the 
> > >> > cashiers
> > >> > work properly and 2 don't.
> > >> >
> > >> > When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an 
> > >> > error
> > >> > window with the text:
> > >> > Error occured in calling the health check method
> > >> > Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
> > >> > ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
> > >> >
> > >> > The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations 
> > >> > that
> > >> > are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that 
> > >> > they
> > >> > tried has not worked.
> > >> >
> > >> > We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the 
> > >> > working
> > >> > stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
> > >> >
> > >> > Can anyone point us in the right direction? 
> > 
> > 
> > 
0
9/2/2005 2:09:01 AM
Go to Add/Remove programs and remove anything that says Epson except the OPOS 
driver. Make sure to check off all options during the uninstall.

Go to Printers and Faxes, select File, Server Properties, Ports and remove 
anything that says Epson (especially at the bottom of the list). There should 
be nothing connected to LPT1: and if there is, delete that too.

Restart the PC and check the BIOS setting for LPT1. Try ECP or EP if it says 
Auto.

Start XP as normal and run Check Health on the OPOS driver.

"ClashO" wrote:

> We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the cashiers 
> work properly and 2 don't.
> 
> When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an error 
> window with the text:
> Error occured in calling the health check method
> Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
> ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
> 
> The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations that 
> are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that they 
> tried has not worked.  
> 
> We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the working 
> stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
> 
> Can anyone point us in the right direction?
0
mark564 (750)
9/3/2005 11:34:05 PM
Hi Glenn , hope you dont mind a question through regular email...
I am having so problmes getting a tmt88ii serial printer to work. If I chose 
"epson" instead of "common control objects" will that screw things up?? Also, 
which version of epson ADK OPOS is best to use with RMS 1.2 SP3. 
 
thanks alot
 
Arve

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
> 
> Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
> 
> Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that the 
> Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not 
> connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if you 
> are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers at 
> all.
> 
> 
> 
> -- 
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> ----------------------------------------------
> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the 
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> 
> 
> 
> "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:A68DF407-6155-4DFD-98EB-45A908B269A3@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no 
> > joy.
> >
> > "hitman" wrote:
> >
> >> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of the
> >> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving everything
> >> else the same)?
> >>
> >> R.
> >>
> >> "ClashO" wrote:
> >>
> >> > We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the 
> >> > cashiers
> >> > work properly and 2 don't.
> >> >
> >> > When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an 
> >> > error
> >> > window with the text:
> >> > Error occured in calling the health check method
> >> > Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
> >> > ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
> >> >
> >> > The stations that are working are configured the same as the stations 
> >> > that
> >> > are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything that 
> >> > they
> >> > tried has not worked.
> >> >
> >> > We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the 
> >> > working
> >> > stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to try.
> >> >
> >> > Can anyone point us in the right direction? 
> 
> 
> 
0
Arve (7)
11/9/2005 5:10:07 AM
Yes, installing the Epson Control object will screw things up - you must 
select the Common Control object.

I've been installing the 2.4 version of the Epson OPOS driver with no 
service packs for several months now with no problems, but we install the 
USB version - I've never tried Serial, but would expect it to work 
identically.  You may want to check the firmware version of your printer - 
there are instructions for finding this and a compatibility chart on Epson's 
site - http://pos.epson.com

-- 
-- 
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting
http://www.tibercreek.com
glenn@tibercreek.com
----------------------------------------------
Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
newsgroup so that all can share the information

"Arve" <Arve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:B924340E-21DD-4282-BA4F-510665602F5D@microsoft.com...
> Hi Glenn , hope you dont mind a question through regular email...
> I am having so problmes getting a tmt88ii serial printer to work. If I 
> chose
> "epson" instead of "common control objects" will that screw things up?? 
> Also,
> which version of epson ADK OPOS is best to use with RMS 1.2 SP3.
>
> thanks alot
>
> Arve
>
> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>
>> What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
>>
>> Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
>>
>> Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that 
>> the
>> Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not
>> connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if 
>> you
>> are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows printers 
>> at
>> all.
>>
>>
>>
>> -- 
>> Glenn Adams
>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>> ----------------------------------------------
>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>
>>
>>
>> "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:A68DF407-6155-4DFD-98EB-45A908B269A3@microsoft.com...
>> > Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still no
>> > joy.
>> >
>> > "hitman" wrote:
>> >
>> >> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of 
>> >> the
>> >> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving 
>> >> everything
>> >> else the same)?
>> >>
>> >> R.
>> >>
>> >> "ClashO" wrote:
>> >>
>> >> > We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the
>> >> > cashiers
>> >> > work properly and 2 don't.
>> >> >
>> >> > When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an
>> >> > error
>> >> > window with the text:
>> >> > Error occured in calling the health check method
>> >> > Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
>> >> > ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
>> >> >
>> >> > The stations that are working are configured the same as the 
>> >> > stations
>> >> > that
>> >> > are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything 
>> >> > that
>> >> > they
>> >> > tried has not worked.
>> >> >
>> >> > We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the
>> >> > working
>> >> > stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to 
>> >> > try.
>> >> >
>> >> > Can anyone point us in the right direction?
>>
>>
>> 


0
glenn9672 (1267)
11/9/2005 2:48:13 PM
You may also want to do a Self Diagnostic Test of the printer, take a look 
at the Port settings and make sure they match the LDN you created for the 
printer.

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" <glenn@nospam.tibercreek.com> wrote in 
message news:%23Tw9dyT5FHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> Yes, installing the Epson Control object will screw things up - you must 
> select the Common Control object.
>
> I've been installing the 2.4 version of the Epson OPOS driver with no 
> service packs for several months now with no problems, but we install the 
> USB version - I've never tried Serial, but would expect it to work 
> identically.  You may want to check the firmware version of your printer - 
> there are instructions for finding this and a compatibility chart on 
> Epson's site - http://pos.epson.com
>
> -- 
> -- 
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> ----------------------------------------------
> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>
> "Arve" <Arve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:B924340E-21DD-4282-BA4F-510665602F5D@microsoft.com...
>> Hi Glenn , hope you dont mind a question through regular email...
>> I am having so problmes getting a tmt88ii serial printer to work. If I 
>> chose
>> "epson" instead of "common control objects" will that screw things up?? 
>> Also,
>> which version of epson ADK OPOS is best to use with RMS 1.2 SP3.
>>
>> thanks alot
>>
>> Arve
>>
>> "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
>>
>>> What interface are the printers using? Parallel, Serial, USB?
>>>
>>> Are you using the OPOS Drivers?
>>>
>>> Make sure there are no Windows Printers set up to use the same port that 
>>> the
>>> Receipt Printer is connected to (even though they are obviously not
>>> connected to the computer, they may be assigned to the port).  Also, if 
>>> you
>>> are using OPOS, the printers should not be configured as Windows 
>>> printers at
>>> all.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> Glenn Adams
>>> Tiber Creek Consulting
>>> http://www.tibercreek.com
>>> glenn@tibercreek.com
>>> ----------------------------------------------
>>> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
>>> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> "ClashO" <ClashO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news:A68DF407-6155-4DFD-98EB-45A908B269A3@microsoft.com...
>>> > Thanks for the suggestion but...as you guessed we tried that.  Still 
>>> > no
>>> > joy.
>>> >
>>> > "hitman" wrote:
>>> >
>>> >> You've probably already tried this, but have you swapped out one of 
>>> >> the
>>> >> printers that's not working with a known good printer (leaving 
>>> >> everything
>>> >> else the same)?
>>> >>
>>> >> R.
>>> >>
>>> >> "ClashO" wrote:
>>> >>
>>> >> > We have 4 cashiers each with EPSON TM-T88III Printers.  Two of the
>>> >> > cashiers
>>> >> > work properly and 2 don't.
>>> >> >
>>> >> > When we run the health check on the ones that don't work we get an
>>> >> > error
>>> >> > window with the text:
>>> >> > Error occured in calling the health check method
>>> >> > Claim(5000) = 16 (0x0000006A)
>>> >> > ResultCodeExtended=10002 (0x00002712)
>>> >> >
>>> >> > The stations that are working are configured the same as the 
>>> >> > stations
>>> >> > that
>>> >> > are not working.  We have checked with our partner but everything 
>>> >> > that
>>> >> > they
>>> >> > tried has not worked.
>>> >> >
>>> >> > We have even tried exporting the registry entries form one of the
>>> >> > working
>>> >> > stations to one of those not working.  We don't know what else to 
>>> >> > try.
>>> >> >
>>> >> > Can anyone point us in the right direction?
>>>
>>>
>>>
>
> 


0
11/9/2005 5:31:44 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to get XML data out of an XML file
I am trying to retrieve the Parameters first or second (0, 1 ,2) node from the following XML file: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <Robot xmlns="http://tempuri.org/RobotDefaults.xsd"> <Parameters> <Name>Decker</Name> </Parameters> <Parameters> <Name>A</Name> </Parameters> <Parameters> <Name>B</Name> </Parameters> </Robot> There will be more data than just a name for each Parameters node. Here is my code: Dim node As XmlNode = xmlDocument.SelectSingleNode("/P...

Baseball Stats question: How can I get the RBI's?
I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

Get at messages in queue
Is it possible to get at the undeliverable messages that are held in a queue (eg to check the message body or redirect undeliverable messages). I would like to be able to selectively forward them to an alternate email address or to archive them to a PST etc rather than just deleting them? Thanks Alan ...

How to get paper size from dmPaperSize returned from GetDevMode?
For example, dmPaperSize returns 1 which is DMPAPER_LETTER, how do I calculate the paper size like in this case 8.5"x11"? There are so many paper sizes, is there any function call to calculate based on the return value of dmPaperSize or mapping between the value of dmPapersize and actual size? Thank you. The reason I asked the question was because dmPaperLength and dmPaperWidth are 0 for some printers. Also, my HP laserjet returns as a color printer (dmColor = 2) from GetDevMode call. Anyone knows why? ...

does vista installed on virtual machine 2007 get wsus updates ?
It is searching for updates but it is not finding anything and saying that Windows is up to date. I have set the updates to install from the wsus server and assigned the updates to the same Vista virtual machine .. Thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1290161.htm http://forums.techarena.in Hello aconti, If the machine is getting the correct GPO for the WSUS settings, check with rsop...

Problem with systemstate backup with DPM 2010
Hi! We running DPM 2010RC on a Windows 2008 R2 The Protected computer is: Microsoft(R) Windows(R) Server 2003, Standard Edition 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2 Build 3790 When we installed the DPM agent the first backup of system state was successfully, so we have one restore point. But further backups in failing, the system state backup is in status “replica is inconsistent” and when I running a consistent check the job failing. In the error in DPM is: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on sea0700smon1.xxxx.local is inconsistent with the protected data so...

Questiontest-outlookwebservices problem
hi all and thanks for the support. i'm facing a problem with test.outlookwebservices. notice that oulook side everything seems to be pretty good: the autodiscovery and auto-configuration of the account succeedes, the test email autoconfiguration suceedes too. when i launch the test, once it suceedes for certain services and after a while it fails for those services and suceedes for other. look the prints: here are failing the RPC tests Message : [EXCH] The UM is configured for this user in the AutoDiscover response received from https://mytest-EXC1. myt...

Fewer normal template problems with Word 2000 or 2002?
I have enjoyed some things about Word 2007, but I keep having problems with macros and templates. I am wondering if (a) macros increase the likelihood of corrupting the normal template in 2007, or (b) if the older versions of Word had as many template problems. I have used Word in 2000, with Office 2003, and now with Office 2007 and I don't ever recall having as many problems as I've had with 2007. What I'm thinking is that if it is simply a macro problem causing corruption, I would simply use 2007 without the macros (they're nice but I can live without them). On the...

Clip art works on first try from web then doens't.
Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search right after I open the program, after that I either get a bunch of picture symbols with the little globe in the corner or I get nothing. This clip art thing is really driving me crazy. Anybody know what is up? ridergroov <ridergroov1@comcast.net> was very recently heard to utter: > Alright I am back. I got something to come up for the web collections > clip art now but it seems to only work the first time I do a search > right after I ope...

Font problem
It seems that the Cambria Math font has recently acquired an extremely large Ascent and Descent. Has it perhaps always been that way and I've never noticed it before, or is it something recent, perhaps a Vista thing? Try the following code for example. For Arial and Times New Roman (and virtually all other fonts) I am getting pretty much exactly what I would expect (a TextHeight that is a bit larger than the point size) but for Cambria Math I am getting an extremely large TextHeight (I get exactly the same results using GDI32 methods). At this end (on my Vista Business laptop...

08 Mac Office activation problems
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Just found an article posted by michellec and I am faced with exactly the same problem - on 'activation' of the product, none of the 3 product keys seem to be correct, hence activation is unsuccessful!! Have received some help emails (and thanks Diana yours had the microsoft help number that has been good, despite the fact they can't help me and tell me I must get in touch with Digital River) but seems that what I need is another product key, and now that I'm asking for that since about 10 days, I don't get any reply ...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

DLookup not working
My code is If DLookup("Mechanic", "PartSuffixTbl", "Mechanic = " & CLng(MechanicList.Column(0)) & "") = MechanicList.Value Then MechanicList.SetFocus MechanicBox.Value = "" MessageBox = "This Mechanic cannot be modified because" MessageBox2 = "there are Wheels assigned to it" Me.refresh This is to look in the Mechanic column of PartSuffixTbl and if the MechanicList.Value is found, the following code takes place. I have and else also but the problem is...

Getting Cell Value from the Concatenate formula
I built a concatenate formula that returns the following result: =Jul! $D27 I am looking for the cell contents of Sheet: July Column D Row 27. I tried to use offset, but I am stumped. Can I add something to the front of the concatenate to not only build the reference to the cell, but also return the value instead of the =Jul!$D27 ? Thanks John =indirect(yourformulahere) Don't include the equal sign in your formula. And match the name correctly (Jul or July???). Depending on the name of the worksheet, you may need to have a string that looks like: 'Sheet 99'!d27 =indirec...

Autoshapes' visible problem
When I add some Rectangle autoshapes above the embeded chart, I find it's hard to control it's visibility, They maybe hide when I select some cell or activate chart. I want to know how to make them always visible no matter what I select. Thank you in advance! ^_^ Yours,fujing You need to click on the chart before you use the drawing tool. In this way the Shape and the Chart become one. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "fujing1003" <fujing1003@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1171358292.074278.135950@v33g2000cwv...

Can't get rules to run.
I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the rules manually and they will move the mail. I have this rule (for example Apply this rule after the message arrive from some@email.address and on this machine only move it to the somefolder folde I have tried deselecting on this machine only Thanks. Do you have an Exchange service in this profile? Are you using Cache...

Password not working
HI, I have been using my default folder set with a password for many years. Of late, i realised that I am not being asked for the password even when I restart the system. When I reset the password, my old password is being required for that. But again when I open Outlook, I am not being asked for the password. What could be the problem be? I recently installed YahooPop to have POP access to my Yahoo account. Could that be a possible reason for this? Thanks for any help. Regarsd Ramesh ...

Work spreadsheet issue
If I have multiple rows of data on a worksheet and on another worksheet I want various counts of rows that have certain things in common, how would I do that? Thanks. -- jenrenea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenrenea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373900 Can you provide a sample of your data along with your expected results? -- Domenic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domenic's...

Getting same number to appear over and again
Hi. I'm trying to change the E's I have entered in a column to 1's. However, in lieu of changing them one by one, I would like to do them all in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? John Hi John You could use find and replace. Select all of your data. Goto Edit>Find Find what:- E Replace with:- 1 HTH Martin John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel ...

Why do my questions get deleted sometimes?
Apologies, I have posted this on the worksheet functions group too... I love the feedback I get from these groups, but every now and then, my messages get deleted. I'd like to know what I'm doing wrong. Many of my messages ARE posted and answered, and I'm grateful for that, but one or two get removed - regardless of how often I post them. I don't swear or say anything bad about Excel - I love it. So why don't they get posted are there some words or subjects that I should avoid? Will this one get deleted - it's a bit off subject? But I'd love to have an ans...

RMS and/or PC Charge Problems
We are having some interesting problems with our RMS system and PC Charge: For no apparent reason RMS will have an error message after a card is swiped or keyed into the system: • DENIED (With a wide variety of error messages) • DUPLICATE use F+ to force (even when it is the first transaction) • TIMED OUT Attempted solutions: • Turned modem off and on • Disconnected the modem and plugged everything back in • Turned the server on/off • Called PC Charge only to be told that it is RMS • RMS said it is PC Charge • Confirmed that everything is set up properly in PC Charge and RMS What works:...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

Become MCSE Certified and get $43,000+ Salary per year
QmVjb21lIE1DU0UgQ2VydGlmaWVkIGFuZCBnZXQgJDQzLDAwMCsgU2FsYXJ5IHBlciB5ZWFyCkhp LApTdGFydCB5b3VyIGJyaWdodCBjYXJlZXIgd2l0aCBNQ1NFIENlcnRpZmljYXRpb24gYW5kIGdl dCAkNDMsMTIyLjUwCihhY2NvcmRpbmcgdG8gYWJvdXQuY29tIHNhbGFyeSBzdXJ2ZXkpLiBWaXNp dCBodHRwOi8vd3d3LkZyZWVFeGFtS2luZy5jb20KZm9yIE1DU0UgQ2VydGlmaWNhdGlvbiwgRnJl ZSBQcmFjdGljZSBFeGFtcywgRnJlZSBTdHVkeSBNYXRlcmlhbCAvCkJvb2tzIGFuZCBGcmVlIER1 bXBzIIWFCj09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09 PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09PT09Cg== ...

Office 2004 SP 11.1.0 installation problems
I'm trying to update Office 2004 on my brand new iBook. I installed Office 2004 from the CD without incident. Then I downloaded SP 11.1.1.0 and 11.1.0 (which according to the MS website is to be installed 1st.) When I try to install, I received a message, "An error prevented the update from completing 11002:2,-14" The "Read Me" file indicates several potential explainatins/solutions none of whice are relevant except for uninstalling Office and then reinstalling it. I tried dragging the Office folder to the trash and reinstalled and am having the same problem. I've t...

auto hide toolbar in Excel won't work
I have the toolbar at the bottom of the screen set to 'autohide' but when I'm in Excel sometimes it does 'hide' until the cursor is moved over it, but mostly it won't autohide so that I cannot see the Sheet names at the bottom of the screen. I am running Windows XP Home and Microsoft Office Professional 2003. Can anyone help please? -- teecee8 Hi Every time you move your cursor too far into the bottom area, the toolbar will pop up. Normally it disappears when you move your cursor up again. If it does not, try clicking on you spreadsheet. If you right click o...