problem with RMS on windows 7 - quickbooks direct integration

we upgraded our QB (2010) computer to windows 7, RMS (2.0 SP 2) still on XP.
Previously the direct interface from RMS to QB worked perfectly, now it fails
to find the QB database file. MSFT support claims the interface is not
certified... eg. does not work. Apparently they are working on the issue with
intuit, but no timeline is provided.

Has anyone resolved this issue?
--
Lasting Impressions
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAA65D.EFC317B0

ginop,

Either turn off the UAC or install QB and RMS outside of the Program =
Files folder.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "ginop" <ginop@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  we upgraded our QB (2010) computer to windows 7, RMS (2.0 SP 2) still =
on XP.=20
  Previously the direct interface from RMS to QB worked perfectly, now =
it fails=20
  to find the QB database file. MSFT support claims the interface is not =

  certified... eg. does not work. Apparently they are working on the =
issue with=20
  intuit, but no timeline is provided.

  Has anyone resolved this issue?
  --=20
  Lasting Impressions
------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAA65D.EFC317B0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.7600.16490"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>ginop,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Either turn off the UAC or install QB and RMS =
outside=20
of the Program Files folder.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #008000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"ginop" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:ginop@discussions.microsoft.com">ginop@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:BFAA1DCB-8E8E-4861-8A40-E1D9ACCCC54A@microsoft.com">news:BFA=
A1DCB-8E8E-4861-8A40-E1D9ACCCC54A@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>we=20
  upgraded our QB (2010) computer to windows 7, RMS (2.0 SP 2) still on =
XP.=20
  <BR>Previously the direct interface from RMS to QB worked perfectly, =
now it=20
  fails <BR>to find the QB database file. MSFT support claims the =
interface is=20
  not <BR>certified... eg. does not work. Apparently they are working on =
the=20
  issue with <BR>intuit, but no timeline is provided.<BR><BR>Has anyone =
resolved=20
  this issue?<BR>-- <BR>Lasting Impressions</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0008_01CAA65D.EFC317B0--

0
Jeff

News in outlook 2003 problem
Hi all, I have accidentally deleted News from the "tools/customize/commands" to add to the "go". Even after re-installing Office 2003 pro it does not appear. Any ideas how I get it back? Many thanks Spence Spencer <warthog@nospam.com> wrote: > I have accidentally deleted News from the "tools/customize/commands" > to add to the "go". > > Even after re-installing Office 2003 pro it does not appear. > Any ideas how I get it back? Asked and answered innumerable times. Use search to find them. -- Brian Tillman Make sure Outlo...

windows mail -
bonsoir, depuis ma messagerie windows mail j'arrive � envoyer des mails depuis mon pc portable sur mon pc fixe, mais je n'en r�ceptionne aucun, que dois-je faire ? mon adresse de messagerie est la m�me que celle enregistr�e sur mon pc fixe Merci de votre aide ? recheluk a �crit... > bonsoir, Bonjour, > depuis ma messagerie windows mail > j'arrive � envoyer des mails depuis mon pc portable sur mon pc fixe, > mais je n'en r�ceptionne aucun, Il y a un message d'erreur ? Si oui, il faut nous le copier-coller (le s�lectionner --> Ctrl+C p...

Problem installing CRM 09-09-03
We are trying to install Microsoft CRM Server for testing purposes on a Windows Server 2003 machine. I have install all the needed software, including SQL Server SP3, IIS, Indexing services, Message Queuing, etc. We are running into some issues: First, anyone know for sure that CRM Server will run on Win Server 2003? Prob 1: When I try to open http://localhost on the server, it gives the following message: "The Microsoft CRM server or security service has been disabled or has not yet started..." Prob 2: When I try to open the CRM deployment manager, I get the following er...

Intranet mail with Outlook 2000 and WIndows 2000
How can I configure an intranet email service on a network running under Windows 2000 and using Outlook as email client? With W98 and Outlook 97, I used MSmail, but I cannot find it with w2k. Help? Thanks Try looking here for some help: Windows2000 - Microsoft Mail / Postoffice http://www.wown.com/j_helmig/w2kmmail.htm -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Paul" <thompsoncreek@nospamhotmail.com> wrote in message news:D3_ob.23914$Ec1.2166786@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net... How can I configure an intranet email service on a network running under Windows 2000 and using...

Add windows to Shortcut Bar
Why aren't all windows available to add to the Shortcut Bar in V 8? Example: Purchasing > Select Checks. Susie This is a known issue that is scheduled to be fixed in the next release (v8.5). The problem is that you can only use shortcuts with a window that does not need additional code to open the window. Some windows are setup without a window marked as AutoOpen and required code to open the window. The workaround is to record a macro of opening the window by the menus and then create a shortcut pointing to the macro. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant MB...

BUG? Windows 7/64bit and IE8/32bit
Hi, Just 2 short weeks ago I installed Windows7 64bit on my nice and shiny new NB and already my nerves are on edge because of IE8's weird behaviour. Since IE8/64 does not support Flash I was forced to switch to IE8/32 and that's when the trouble started. It does not seem possible to open any new window or tab from the context menu. i.e. right-clicking on a link and choose "open link in new tab". A new tab is created alright, but it hangs and hangs and hangs and never shows any content. I either have to click a link directly - which works but will "lose&qu...

What is the overhead of using windows messages?
After getting a running prototype of my packet sniffing app on a production machine, I have realized that I use the entire cpu under a 40% bus load. I figured it must be because of all the messages being sent from the CANLIB driver to my application. It sends a notification message when the receive queue leaves its empty state. When no clients are connected, my apps then simply drops the packets. This process itself takes 100% of cpu usage on a Celeron 3.0ghz. When a client connects, a new thread is created to service that client. the thread processesing incoming CAN packets then s...

Problems wth links within an email
I am receiving email with links. The little 'hand' appears, but it doesn't star my internet explorer. Any ideas? Found the problem - the email was in the jumk mail folder. "*" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:O34qYF%23YGHA.3448@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I am receiving email with links. The little 'hand' appears, but it doesn't >star my internet explorer. > > Any ideas? > ...

Help w/ Getting data from Mac to Windows Outlook!!!
I need help in getting the data from my mac to my windows OUtlook client... On the mac I have my addresses in the Address Book. I exported all of them into a vCard (single file) but Outlook chokes when it imports them. I can do it one by one but that seems like a pain... I also have my calendar entries in iCal. I exported them to a .ics file. Outlook reads it fine but nothing gets imported... I have made sure that the line endings and everything are converted to windows from Mac but no luck... PLEASE HELP... ...

problems with adobe getplus
windows xp home sp3 explorer 6.0 When trying to install flashplayer, I received the following error: getplus+ error: unable to load a GUI I have uninstalled all Adobe applications, except the download manager, which control panel will not uninstall. I went to the publisher's web site http://www.nosltd.com/ , they suggested to manually delete the getplus entry in the registry at "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce" but there was no entry at that key (the key was there, but no entry). I followed the Adobe trouble shooter, inc...

IF problem
I'm getting #VALUE! when using the following formula: =IF(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,10),2)="1r","1row"),IF(LEFT(RIGHT(A1,10),2)="2r","2row","4 row") I've used embedded IFs with success in the following formula: =IF(RIGHT(C2,4)="00,0","no,no",IF(RIGHT(C2,4)="00,t","no,yes",IF(RIGHT(C2,4) ="el,0","yes,no","yes,yes"))) Any ideas? Thanks, Mike "Mike Hanneke" <mike.hanneke@york.com> wrote in message news:uhvNkUKyDHA.1688@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I'm getti...

XPath #7
What is a valid XPath Statement to retrieve the data found within the CDATA tag below? Using the XPath statement "/oid" returns "" <oid><![CDATA[66257512]]></oid> Chris Fink wrote: > What is a valid XPath Statement to retrieve the data found within the CDATA > tag below? > Using the XPath statement "/oid" returns "" > <oid><![CDATA[66257512]]></oid> There is no CDATA in XPath data model. XPath treats CDATA as ordinary text node. /oid should work, as well as /oid/text() -- Oleg Tkachenko [XML MVP, MCP...

Problems Using For Each Loop with Worksheet Array Macro
I am a novice to Excel VBA and would like to be pointed in the right direction to solving the problem I am having with the code below. I want to use the For...Next i Loop for each Worksheet in my Workbook. For some reason the For Each...Next sh Loop is not working for the worksheets I specified. The code only works if I physically select each individual worksheet and run it once per worksheet. PLEASE HELP!! HUGE THANKS IN ADVANCE!! Sub NEW_COMPILE_SCHEDULES() Dim sh As Worksheet LastRow = Cells(65536, 1).End(xlUp).Row For Each sh In Worksheets(Array("Engineering", "G...

Strange Outlook 2000/Office97 problem
I have a couple of users with this problem. If they are working in a document or spreadsheet in Office 97, and use the File/Send to/Email command to create an email with the document attached, and they then use the address book to address the email, all of the menu options will lock up. The send button will not work, and the File, View, Edit,,,etc. menus will not work, as well as all of the toolbar buttons. They can close the current email window, and the message will be saved as a draft in Outlook, from where they can send it. Also, if they manually address the email it all work...

Case Select problem
This case is not working: Public Sub AssignOwnerDF() Dim Db As DAO.Database Dim rs As DAO.Recordset DAO.DBEngine.SetOption dbMaxLocksPerFile, 150000 Set Db = CurrentDb RecordCount = DCount("*", "tblWholesaler") Set rs = Db.OpenRecordset("tblWholesaler") ' Mgr = 0 For RecCount = 1 To RecordCount 'Traverse table If Mgr = 20 Then Mgr = 0 Else Mgr = Mgr + 1 rs.Edit Select Case rs![Zip] Case "60505" Or "60564" ...

BUG: CFrameWnd::OnDDEExecute MFC 7.1
This function is executed when a application file is double-clicked to open in a VC++ application. Specifically, this function is enabled by RegisterShellFileTypes () in the application's InitInstance. However, under MFC 7.1 for VC++ .NET 2003, CFrameWnd::OnDDEExecute has a bug that repeatedly generates this error message in the debugger Error: failed to execute DDE command ''. Therefore, the problem is that the command is not being propagated properly to this function, since the string should be something like '[open("C:\YourFileNameHere")]' rather...

Problems with opening attachments in Outlook 2000
Hello all, In Outlook 2000 we experience some strange problems. When we open an attachment with a wireless network card present we cannot open the attachment. If we remove the card or are connected to the normal network everything works just fine. We use Outlook with a pst file and several profiles. For as far as we can see this problem occurs in all profiles. If you have any idea... please let me know. Erwin ...

Problem Creating Contract (Urgent Please
I have a strange problem creating a contract as illustrated in the code below, Unfortuantely the exception thrown by MS CRM is not very helpful. contract Create(Guid accountId) { account a = Service.Retrieve(EntityName.account.ToString(), accountId, new AllColumns()) as account; if (a == null) return null; contract con = new contract(); try { //ServiceTemplate function works! Lookup t = new Lookup(); t.type = EntityName.contracttemplate.ToString(); ...

ID Replication Problem
I have a 2k3 cluster (SP1) running with 2 5.5 servers (with a 2k3 server running ADC in the middle). If I create a mailbox on the 5.5 server, it replicates onto the 2k3. But if I create a mailbox on the 2k3 server, it doesn't replicate to the 5.5 I checked my ADC and it's set for 2-way communications. Any idea what I'm missing? There is nothing in the log and it's been a few days so I know replications have been taking place. Thanks.... Hi Tony, Make sure that you Recipient CA's that are responsible for replicating this information are set to be Primary for ...

MSXML
Here's a short code sample. /////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// #import "msxml4.dll" using namespace MSXML2; class CTest { private: IXMLDOMElementPtr GetTopLevelElement(); }; //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// When I compile it, I get the following error: c:\dev\Test\TestXML\MyTestXML\XMLBase.h(11): error C2872: 'IXMLDOMElementPtr' : ambiguous symbol I don't understand why there is an ambigous symbol here. Where else is it defined? If I do not import msxml4.dll then it claims that IXMLDOMElementPtr is...

RMS Physical Inventory Expected Values
The value that RMS currently calculates the Expected qty and Value on the Physical inventory screen is not correct. The calculation does not handle negative item quantities correctly. However, the calculation on the Physical Inventory Report is correct. Unfortunately MS support can not understand this issue but the Asia Pacific distributor POS Partners agrees that there is an issue. Please follow through this quick example as follows: Create 2 items as follows and add them to a physical inventory. Item 1 • On Hand Qty: 1 • Cost: $5.00 Item 2 • On Hand Qty: -1 ...

PC Charge user setup and RMS
I've setup PC Charge and credit cards work fine within the program, but no dice in RMS. I've spoken to tech support from PC Charge (who blames our RMS setup) and we opened a ticket with MS customersource tech support (who claim that something is wrong with our PC Charge setup). We've checked over all of the EDC settings in both Store Manager and Administrator and everything is set up correctly. The MS tech seemed to think that the way that users were set up in our copy of PC Charge was odd and could be causing the problem. What happens in RMS is after sliding a card through the m...

How do I use the page directive ErrorPage
Hello! CustomerData.aspx When I run a page I get an exception which is correct and understandable and not what the question is about. Some of the text from the exception message is the following The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint "FK_Orders_Customers". The conflict occurred in database "Northwind", table "dbo.Orders", column 'CustomerID'. The statement has been terminated. The question is that I just want to prevent to have the exception displayed but insted test to redirect to have the ErrorPage.aspx to be ex...

Countif Date Problem
How to make a countif function for the following case?? Cell A1 :01/09/2003 Cell A2 :30/09/2003 I want to count the number of date entry in column C which is within the date range A1 >= column C >= A2 =countif(C:C, ">="&A1 & "<="&A2) Would anyone know why the above equation is not work, many thanks. This should work: =SUMPRODUCT(--(C1:C65535>=A2),--(C1:C65535<=A3)) SUMPRODUCT can't do entire Columns, so you must use cell references. One of the reasons your formula isn't working (at least as it's typed in your post) is that it ...

Files and Folders in C:\Windows
I'm trying to conserve space on a small HD on a laptop, and would like to know if I can remove the following files and directories. 1) Numerous files and folders in C:\WINDOWS with various names that have modified dates going back to the installation date of XP. C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB873333 C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstallIDNMitigationAPIs$ C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstallKB835732$ 2) There are numerous files and folders in the 'C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\' directory with long alphanumeric names ( examples are shown below) C:...