Printing Non-Avery labels with Zebra TLP-3843

Hello.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to print labels and tags for
jewelry products using the Zebra 3843...example would be a rat-tail label
(overall size: 9/16 x 4 7/16 with printable area of 9/16 x 2 1/2")...one half
would be for bar code and other half would be for ILC description, price and
store name.

Is the label designer capable of doing this if you build a label from
scratch?  When I try to open the existing Zebra .lbl template it says
"BarcodeBlaster style labels can not be edited with the Label Editor. See
Store Operations documentation for assistance with editing 'BarcodeBlaster'
style label".  And of course I don't see anything related to this...

So what's the best method?  Who else is printing out butterfly tags and
rat-tail labels on a Zebra?

Thanx & Regards!
-=Rich=-

For reference, label specifications are:
http://www.archcrown.com/productcategories.cfm?catalog=2&subcategory=9

0
hitman (84)
6/25/2005 8:01:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I haven't done a jewelry tag, but "BarcodeBlaster style labels" are defined
in text files - you can open them in notepad.  There's a programmer's guide
available on the Zebra web site that details the EPL language used to define
the labels.  For regular rectangular labels, I've found these text based
labels to be much easier to control than the label designer - of course, I'm
a programmer, so arcane text files make sense to me:).  Zebra does have a
Windows driver, so you can use the Label designer if you like - I find it
hard to properly place and size fields in the designer, but to each his own.
If you want to use the text based ELP language, don't install the windows
driver - just use Generic/Text.

--
Glenn Adams
Tiber Creek Consulting

"hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to print labels and tags for
> jewelry products using the Zebra 3843...example would be a rat-tail label
> (overall size: 9/16 x 4 7/16 with printable area of 9/16 x 2 1/2")...one
> half
> would be for bar code and other half would be for ILC description, price
> and
> store name.
>
> Is the label designer capable of doing this if you build a label from
> scratch?  When I try to open the existing Zebra .lbl template it says
> "BarcodeBlaster style labels can not be edited with the Label Editor. See
> Store Operations documentation for assistance with editing
> 'BarcodeBlaster'
> style label".  And of course I don't see anything related to this...
>
> So what's the best method?  Who else is printing out butterfly tags and
> rat-tail labels on a Zebra?
>
> Thanx & Regards!
> -=Rich=-
>
> For reference, label specifications are:
> http://www.archcrown.com/productcategories.cfm?catalog=2&subcategory=9

0
glenn1806 (721)
6/27/2005 10:38:10 PM
Glenn --

Thanks, good info.

If I've already installed the Zebra windoze drivers, I presume I'll need to
uninstall in order to use the other (elp)?   Also, I guess there's no "OPOS"
driver that needs to be installed for the 3842?

Regards,

Rich

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> I haven't done a jewelry tag, but "BarcodeBlaster style labels" are defined
> in text files - you can open them in notepad.  There's a programmer's guide
> available on the Zebra web site that details the EPL language used to define
> the labels.  For regular rectangular labels, I've found these text based
> labels to be much easier to control than the label designer - of course, I'm
> a programmer, so arcane text files make sense to me:).  Zebra does have a
> Windows driver, so you can use the Label designer if you like - I find it
> hard to properly place and size fields in the designer, but to each his own.
> If you want to use the text based ELP language, don't install the windows
> driver - just use Generic/Text.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello.  I'm trying to figure out the best way to print labels and tags for
> > jewelry products using the Zebra 3843...example would be a rat-tail label
> > (overall size: 9/16 x 4 7/16 with printable area of 9/16 x 2 1/2")...one
> > half
> > would be for bar code and other half would be for ILC description, price
> > and
> > store name.
> >
> > Is the label designer capable of doing this if you build a label from
> > scratch?  When I try to open the existing Zebra .lbl template it says
> > "BarcodeBlaster style labels can not be edited with the Label Editor. See
> > Store Operations documentation for assistance with editing
> > 'BarcodeBlaster'
> > style label".  And of course I don't see anything related to this...
> >
> > So what's the best method?  Who else is printing out butterfly tags and
> > rat-tail labels on a Zebra?
> >
> > Thanx & Regards!
> > -=Rich=-
> >
> > For reference, label specifications are:
> > http://www.archcrown.com/productcategories.cfm?catalog=2&subcategory=9

0
hitman (84)
6/27/2005 11:03:07 PM
No OPOS for label printers...

Actually, you don't need to un-install the Windows driver, just add another
printer that uses the Generic/Text Only Driver.

--

> [...]
>> > half
>> > would be for bar code and other half would be for ILC description,
>> > price
>> > and
>> > store name.
>> >
>> > Is the label designer capable of doing this if you build a label from
>> > scratch?  When I try to open the existing Zebra .lbl template it says
>> > "BarcodeBlaster style labels can not be edited with the Label Editor.
>> > See
>> > Store Operations documentation for assistance with editing
>> > 'BarcodeBlaster'
>> > style label".  And of course I don't see anything related to this...
>> >
>> > So what's the best method?  Who else is printing out butterfly tags and
>> > rat-tail labels on a Zebra?
>> >
>> > Thanx & Regards!
>> > -=Rich=-
>> >
>> > For reference, label specifications are:

6/27/2005 11:15:10 PM
Good stuff, thanx again!

-=RFM=-

"Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:

> No OPOS for label printers...
>
> Actually, you don't need to un-install the Windows driver, just add another
> printer that uses the Generic/Text Only Driver.
>
> --
> Glenn Adams
> Tiber Creek Consulting
> http://www.tibercreek.com
> glenn@tibercreek.com
> newsgroup so that all can share the information
>

> "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Glenn --
> >
> > Thanks, good info.
> >
> > If I've already installed the Zebra windoze drivers, I presume I'll need
> > uninstall in order to use the other (elp)?   Also, I guess there's no
> > "OPOS"
> > driver that needs to be installed for the 3842?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Rich
> >
> > "Glenn Adams [MVP - Retail Mgmt]" wrote:
> >
> >> I haven't done a jewelry tag, but "BarcodeBlaster style labels" are
> >> defined
> >> in text files - you can open them in notepad.  There's a programmer's
> >> guide
> >> available on the Zebra web site that details the EPL language used to
> >> define
> >> the labels.  For regular rectangular labels, I've found these text based
> >> labels to be much easier to control than the label designer - of course,
> >> I'm
> >> a programmer, so arcane text files make sense to me:).  Zebra does have a
> >> Windows driver, so you can use the Label designer if you like - I find it
> >> hard to properly place and size fields in the designer, but to each his
> >> own.
> >> If you want to use the text based ELP language, don't install the windows
> >> driver - just use Generic/Text.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Glenn Adams
> >> Tiber Creek Consulting
> >> http://www.tibercreek.com
> >> glenn@tibercreek.com
> >> ----------------------------------------------
> >> Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the
> >> newsgroup so that all can share the information
> >>

> >> "hitman" <hitman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
hitman (84)

Printing Headers
Correct me if I'm wrong, but in Outlook 97 I used to be able to print an "Unsent" message and it would included the header information and subject line. But now in Outlook 2002 when I go to print a message in Draft form it doesn't print the Header information regardless of whether the message is in Plain Text, RTF or HTML format? Is this true and if so, is there a work-around? ...

Macro to open non-Visio document on double-click
When I double-click an object in my flowchart I would like to open up a Word document or an Excel Document, but I can't see that there is an easy way to do this. Looking under the Double-Click behavior of a shape I see that I can assign a macro to run upon double-click, but I don't know how to create a new one. Can I create a macro or Visual Basic script in the Standard version of Vision that I have which would perform the "Open Document" task that I need done? visio's integration with M$ office is a common desire. there are a couple of good examples on how to ...

Problem setting BackStyle on Label
I have a problem with Properties on Label in particular, when added by a script. The sequence below works on CommandButton1 and Frame1 objects but behaves strangely with Label1 Public Sub addLabel() Sheet2.OLEObjects.Add "Forms.Label.1", _ Left:=100, Top:=75, Height:=15, Width:=200 End Sub Public Sub nameLabel() Sheet2.Label1.Name = "title1" End Sub Public Sub setLabel() Sheet2.title1.BackStyle = 0 Sheet2.title1.Caption = "My Text" Sheet2.title1.Font.Bold = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Italic = 1 Sheet2.title1.Font.Size = 12 End Sub The one property that doesn&...

open a published PDF file with a non PDF assigned application
Hi, I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with an application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific application for PDF files? Thanks Talyas On May 27, 3:48=A0am, Talyas <Tal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with = an > application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. > > Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific > app...

Tracking Number of Times You Print a Spreadsheet
Does anyone know the VB code (or maybe another method) fro creating a macro or some other function that would record the number of times a worksheet is printed? Basically, I need to know how often a certain spreadsheet is printed for my boss and don't want to have to keep a manual field that I update with the number +1 everytime I print it....can this be automated? So that every time I print the spreadsheet the value in this cell is incremented by one? Please reply to phoenix_crime@yahoo.com if you have a quick and easy solution. I am assuming this requires some minor VB code ...

Change Legend Entry label of "Total" to actual name of field.
I have two pivot charts. One has multiple criteria and when I create a pivot chart, each series field breaks out properly using the names provided in the multiple criteria given. Now, the issue is when I have a single (one) field name, the chart automatically has the legend entry of "Total" since I am using the 'sum of' option. I've manually changed the name of the field in the pivot table, but the label on the chart remains the same. I've go so far as to read several tips on going to the source data to change this but of course when working with pivot tables, you ca...

integration with plant maintenance system / non sales inventory
I work for a manufacturing company that has a maintenance management system that tracks parts, work orders, equipment. I have a few questions. 1.) Does anyone manage non sales inventories in GP? 2.) Does anyone replicate this data to another system? 3.) Does anyone know of any partners that provide plant maintenance software that integrates with GP? I'd like to move purchasing and non-sales inventory out of our maintenance system and into GP so that it could be better integrated with AP. Thanks, Ben ...

non delivery reports
I have upgraded a server from server 2003 to SBS 2003. I have installed and configured exchange and all seems to be working ok. The problem I am having is I cannot get a copy of Non-Delivery Reports to be copied to any of my users mailboxes (I have tried them all I have also creating aliases but still no joy) upon further investigation I discovered that is I un-tick allow non delivery reports under Internet Message Formats, Default, Advanced, I will still get an NDR returned to sender. I have restarted Microsoft Exchange Routing Engine and SMTP services and also rebooted the server. I h...

Printing Double Columns
How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two columns in question are narrow enough for this. Art David McRitchie has a macro that will "snake" the columns. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm Personally, I'd copy into MSWord (maybe hitting NotePad if MSWord slows down when I paste). Then use MSWord's Format|Column to make life easy. AjM wrote: > > How do I get an Excel spreadsheet to print in double columns? The two > columns in question are narrow enough for this. > > Art -- Dave Peterson Dave, That was a...

outlook 2002
Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have implemented. They've grown to a huge number so I would like to prune and consolidate them. -- Bill Mitchell No, not possible. But you can export them so you can restore them later. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Bill Mitchell" <training@jcnypd.org> wrote in message news:PcWBc.245655$hY.223933@twister.nyroc.rr.com... > Is there a way to print out the e-mail rules that I have imple...

Printing a Register
When I view my check reg on screen, the ending balance agrees with my running balance. When I print the reg, the ending balance is wrong unless I change the view to "all". I prefer to filter my display to unreconciled transactions for last 3 months. This way I don't have to scroll many screens. The printout is also one page for easy insertion in my client's folder . When I print from the filtered view, I get an incorrect balance in the printed page although the screen is correct. When I change to "all", I do get the correct balance but I don't want a stack...

How do I print only certain info on my excell sheet IE: no SS# or.
Please write your question in the *body* of the message. ...

Publisher 2007 Color Printing option not enabled
I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards (marketing material). When I upgraded to 2007 the quality improved. I notice that the "Tools", "Commercial Printing Tools" "Colot Printing" option is not enabled. What's it for and why is it not enabled? My printing is very slow with Mail Merge from Excel (55 seconds per page of 4 postcards), but I will post that separately. Thanks. Anyone? "Howard" wrote: > I'm trying to get the best possible printing of my picture on postcards > (marketing material)....

Excel 97 Can't setup page to print Landscape
I am using Windows 2000 Professional and Office 97 to HP 4000 and 5000 printers. When using Excel, I can not change the page setup to print landscape. When the radio button for Landscape is pressed, the print preview and the print job are still printed in portrait. Any suggestions before I try a reinstall of Office. Thanks in advance Joan ...

how can i print a preview of a right hand page
In a publisher document I want to print preview a right hand page, but all I can preview are left hand pages Are you trying to print or simply wanting to view? What version Publisher are you using? How do you have your publication setup? If you just want a preview in 2007... File, print, type the page number, print preview. You can cancel out of this screen. Do you have the page sorter status bar on the bottom of your screen? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fiona farthingale" <fiona farthingale@disc...

Account Distribution in check printing
Hi I need to print Account Distribution along with the check; I am using 3 per page/No Stub check format. The way I am using for printing check is, from the payable transaction entry window itself. (On fly). Any idea? Thanks BS You should be able to pull on the accounts related to the transaction by modifying the report in Report Writer. I am not sure if it already has the table linked that contains the accounts but I am sure you could add the table if necessary. If you have access to CustomerSource then look it up in KnowledgeBase. "BS" wrote: > Hi > >...

Printing issue
Version: 2004 Operating System: Older version Arbitrarily whenever I print an Entourage message, the body of the message is now about quadruple line spaced. The message looks fine when I open it up but adds the line spacing when I go to print. A short 7 or 8 line message can now take 2-3 pages to print. Absolute waste of paper and can be very difficult to read! I didn't change any settings. This just 'happened'. But there must be something I can do to get it to print concisely. Thank you. ...

Printing user-defined fields for receiving in POP
Hello People, Is there a way to print, user-defined fields on Receivers @ the time Material Receipts? Regards, You can add the user-defined fields to the report with Report Writer. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Viol-8-r" wrote: > Hello People, > Is there a way to print, user-defined fields on Receivers @ the time > Material Receipts? > Regards, > > > > Thanks Mariano, "Mariano Gomez...

Control visability of Label on a report
I have a label box on a report that I have set as Visable=NO. However when a check box on the form generating the report is checked I want to change the visability of that label on the report to YES. Hope I said that clearly enough. Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance Dave On Jun 7, 11:14 am, "Dave" <dave@accessdatapros> wrote: > I have a label box on a report that I have set as Visable=NO. > However when a check box on the form generating the report is checked I want > to change the visability of that label on the report to YES. > > Hope...

document printing problems
Having problems with printing worksheet Have set up to print on a xerox printer with a picture in the header and the data populated by links into the correct cells. prints perfect on the xerox printer. The moment I change to another printer the whole layout changes both in print preview and when printed out despite all paper and page settings being identical. Changes both the picture size and the cell layout. ...

trouble printing entire workbook with different page layouts
I have a workbook with about 10 worksheets. Some are setup to print "portrait" and some print "landscape". In previous versions of Excel, I had no problem printing this type of workbook - the pages work print according to thje page setup for each worksheet. In Office XP the landscape pages print in different layouts - some print on 2 halves of portrait, others reduce to fit the page! I have tried using the macro from Microsoft, but it doesn't work. Does anybody have a solution that works? The printing of workbooks, with some sheets set for portrait and others fo...

labels not printing correctly
I have set up labels to print using template 8660. However the top labels are too high and some of the print is above the label. The labels at the bottom of the sheet are too low causing those with longer addresses to run below the label. Also the left side of the labels in the far right column are slightly running off as well. Those in the left column are OK on the left side. It is almost like the template is matching to the actual label sheet. Your problem is probably the way your printer is picking up the label stock. Create a full page template if all the labels are to...

How do I get multilevel category labels to appear horizontal?
I am creating a large 100% stacked bar chart but my 2nd and third categories on my axis appear vertical instead of horizontal is there anyway to change this? I am running Excel 2007 Hi, You can not change the orientation of the outer level category labels as you require, only the inner most level of labels is affected by the Alignment options. If you want full control you will have to fake the axis labels with additional series and data labels or textboxes. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Chart help needed" <Chart help needed@...

Printing a subform with a form
I have designed a receipt that generates information from a table and addedthat as a subform. I also created a new form for currency and data entry.When I try to print these to forms on the same page, I only see the subformand not the form that was created. What am I doing wrong? How can I printboth subform and form as one record at a time?...

printing a spread sheet
how do i print a spread sheet i have tried and the information comes up on seperate pages it is excell 2003 need help want to print all informaiton big enough to see from one sheet with additional borders for writing notes at the end Try using print preview and click the radio box that says "fit to 1 page wide by 1 page tall "tmm5899" wrote: > how do i print a spread sheet i have tried and the information comes up on > seperate pages it is excell 2003 need help want to print all informaiton big > enough to see from one sheet with additional borders ...