pos terminal interfaced to ecommerce gateway?

Is there a software to enable processing of credit/debit card data
from pos device but through a ecommerce payment gateway(in form of web
page where customer inputs his /here card data...)
perhaps smth similar to
http://www.verifone.com/payment-software/payware-link.aspx
(looks like  not officially EMV certified,though maybe does not have
to be)
0
j_slobo (2)
10/28/2008 2:48:10 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

On Oct 28, 7:48=A0am, "j_sl...@hotmail.com" <j_sl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a software to enable processing of credit/debit card data
> from pos device but through a ecommerce payment gateway(in form of web
-> page where customer inputs his /here card data...)
> perhaps smth similar tohttp://www.verifone.com/payment-software/payware-l=
ink.aspx
> (looks like =A0not officially EMV certified,though maybe does not have
> to be)

You could use a NitroSell webstore for this quite nicely.  Give us a
call and we'll show / explain how.

Regards,
Todd
www.nitrosell.com
619-374-41111
0
todd.jensen (109)
10/29/2008 2:16:37 PM
On Oct 28, 2:48=A0pm, "j_sl...@hotmail.com" <j_sl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a software to enable processing of credit/debit card data
> from pos device but through a ecommerce payment gateway(in form of web
> page where customer inputs his /here card data...)
> perhaps smth similar tohttp://www.verifone.com/payment-software/payware-l=
ink.aspx
> (looks like =A0not officially EMV certified,though maybe does not have
> to be)

Hi

Watch out for the 'risk' involved. eCommerce transactions are
typically charged (by the service providers) at a higher rate than
customer present transactions because you can't see/feel the customer
credit card.

If you want to process cards instore for customers standing in front
of you, then you could look at an EFT terminal from companies like
GlobalPay and Mercury.

If you want to sell products on the web to customers you are going to
despatch goods to, then look at an eCommerce solution. Todd is spot on
(Hi Todd) with NitroSell (www.nitrosell.com) and you could check with
Alex at Kosmos (www.kosmoscentral.com) and Anil at RMScart
(www.lanservices.com). These are the top 3 products...

Dominic
On Oct 30, 4:17=A0pm, Dominic <dominic.fra...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Oct 28, 2:48=A0pm, "j_sl...@hotmail.com" <j_sl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there a software to enable processing of credit/debit card data
> > from pos device but through a ecommerce payment gateway(in form of web
> > page where customer inputs his /here card data...)
> > perhaps smth similar tohttp://www.verifone.com/payment-software/payware=
-link.aspx
> > (looks like =A0not officially EMV certified,though maybe does not have
> > to be)
>
> Hi
>
> Watch out for the 'risk' involved. eCommerce transactions are
> typically charged (by the service providers) at a higher rate than
> customer present transactions because you can't see/feel the customer
> credit card.
>
> If you want to process cards instore for customers standing in front
> of you, then you could look at an EFT terminal from companies like
> GlobalPay and Mercury.
>
> If you want to sell products on the web to customers you are going to
> despatch goods to, then look at an eCommerce solution. Todd is spot on
> (Hi Todd) with NitroSell (www.nitrosell.com) and you could check with
> Alex at Kosmos (www.kosmoscentral.com) and Anil at RMScart
> (www.lanservices.com). These are the top 3 products...
>
> Dominic

well we need a mix of both that is to process cards in store but we
would like to relay data from the specific eft to
the ecommerce gateway rather than from it by gprs to the card
processing company
Payware link looks like it is doing that?
http://www.verifone.com/PDF/PAYware_Link.pdf
0
j_slobo (2)
10/31/2008 1:57:05 PM
> well we need a mix of both that is to process cards in store but we
> would like to relay data from the specific eft to
> the ecommerce gateway rather than from it by gprs to the card
> processing company
> Payware link looks like it is doing that?http://www.verifone.com/PDF/PAYware_Link.pdf

Hi J

It looks more like a piece of middleware to manage different eft
terminal devices within a business, not eCommerce.  But, it's worth
giving them a call and double checking.  Just remember to check if the
PaywareLink can different between different transaction types, e.g.
customer present and customer not present (CNP). For example, If it
doesn't and it is configured to record all transactions as CNP you
will end up paying higher bank charges. To get around the problem some
providers can/do issue you with 2 merchant accounts.

Dominic
24SevenCart offers a collection of all standard features required to run a successful online retail store along with robust interfaces for product and shipping management, sales processing, payment processing, promotion and marketing tools, reporting, multi-layered security and so on. 24SevenCart(www.24sevencart.com) can easily be integrated with Microsoft Dynamics RMS and various other POS systems for seamless synchronization of data at the physical store and the online storefront.

> On Friday, October 31, 2008 10:30 PM j_slob wrote:

> Is there a software to enable processing of credit/debit card data
> from pos device but through a ecommerce payment gateway(in form of web
> page where customer inputs his /here card data...)
> perhaps smth similar to
> http://www.verifone.com/payment-software/payware-link.aspx
> (looks like  not officially EMV certified,though maybe does not have
> to be)

>> On Friday, October 31, 2008 10:30 PM Todd wrote:

>> On Oct 28, 7:48=A0am, "j_sl...@hotmail.com" <j_sl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> -> page where customer inputs his /here card data...)
>> ink.aspx
>>
>> You could use a NitroSell webstore for this quite nicely.  Give us a
>> call and we'll show / explain how.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Todd
>> www.nitrosell.com
>> 619-374-41111

>>> On Friday, October 31, 2008 10:30 PM Dominic wrote:

>>> On Oct 28, 2:48=A0pm, "j_sl...@hotmail.com" <j_sl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>> ink.aspx
>>>
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> Watch out for the 'risk' involved. eCommerce transactions are
>>> typically charged (by the service providers) at a higher rate than
>>> customer present transactions because you can't see/feel the customer
>>> credit card.
>>>
>>> If you want to process cards instore for customers standing in front
>>> of you, then you could look at an EFT terminal from companies like
>>> GlobalPay and Mercury.
>>>
>>> If you want to sell products on the web to customers you are going to
>>> despatch goods to, then look at an eCommerce solution. Todd is spot on
>>> (Hi Todd) with NitroSell (www.nitrosell.com) and you could check with
>>> Alex at Kosmos (www.kosmoscentral.com) and Anil at RMScart
>>> (www.lanservices.com). These are the top 3 products...
>>>
>>> Dominic

0
shomik

Interface releasing problem..
my code crasing when i attempt release one com interface(actually i requred release and rebuild so i can't smart pointer) this is happening only 'once in a while'.what r the reason of failing release ?is this syncronization issue? any help realy appreciable On 21 Apr 2006 01:53:40 -0700, hellokareem@gmail.com wrote: >my code crasing when i attempt release one com interface(actually i >requred release and rebuild so i can't smart pointer) this is happening > only 'once in a while'.what r the reason of failing release ?is this >syncronization issue? >...

Where can I get this public folder interface?
I like the web interface and I'd like to use it internally. Is it available to premier customers? -Chris Chris LaMont wrote: > I like the web interface and I'd like to use it internally. Is it > available to premier customers? > > -Chris Which public folder interface? To what? Hi Chris, Can you elaborate on your request? Do you mean Outlook Web Access, by chance? If so, that ships as part of Exchange Server. -- Scott Schnoll This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. T...

ESC/POS Barcode Issue
Good evening, I'm developing a VB6 app at the minute that prints via a serial interface to a TM-T90 receipt printer from Epson, everything is working correctly apart from the GS k, barcode command which try as I might simply just prints out the text as plain. I'm a bit of a newbie at this so I'm probably missing something obvious, but I'd very much appreciate it if someone could throw some sample code together for me. Cheers guys! This newsgroup is not focused on general POS questions, but on Microsoft's Retail Management System and MS Point of Sale products. You m...

Seeking Instructions to Create Report of POS (NOT RMS) Discounts Applied
We need to run monthly reports to determine how many of our different Discounts are claimed/used and the proceeds not tendered. We have offered a number of discounts to customers and employees as incentives and cannot find a method to track how each discount is applied (e.g., buy one, get one free with coupon). The built-in Discounted Sales report in POS 2.0 lists only the resulting Sale Price; we seek to have the report sorted by PresetDiscount type but the Advanced Report Filter dialog does not list Discount in the Field dropdown box and we can't locate the table in which transactions ...

POS 2009 #3
Have downlioaded this from MSDN (Certified Partner), printed manuals etc but cannot find anything on system requirements. Will POS 2009 install and work from a Windows 2008 Server? Will it use either SQL 2005 or SQL 2008 and is there a document outlining how to install it that way. We have a retail store which already has a SQL server installed and want to add POS 2009 to that and then equip the 2 lanes with the 'client side'. Guidance would be appreciated to help with our planning. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_008C_01C9FBD9.F5F9BEB0 Cont...

Runtime error
A number of times when installing programs I have got a message "Runtime error - This program has requested runtime to terminate it in an unusual way" (The last time was today when installing DivX Code 6.9.1 - offered by Real Player) Microsoft article ID:884538 back in August 2007 offered a hotfix but advised to wait for the next Windows Update. I install all priority updates and can see nothing in the current custom updates to address this problem. HAS A PREVIOUS UPDATE APPLIED THIS HOTFIX? Try installing the final service pack for xp (SP3) if it isn't a...

Messaging interface error #4
Whenever I try to delete an email in Outlook, I get an error message that says "Messaging interface has returned an unknown error." Then I can't delete the email. I now have about 1500 undelete-able emails. Please someone help!! Thanks, Matt It may be a currupt pst file, run scanpst.exe - may have to run several times http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;814441&Product=out PS size of pst not greater than v.limit ie 1.7GB? (or at least the size at which probs can occur) David "Matthew Finlay" <tfinlay@patmedia.net> wrote in message n...

POS hangs at start
I have been installing a new RMS/POS system and setting up the test DB for training tomorrow. Everything was working properly until I changed the pc from a domain client to a workgroup client. POS Store Administrator and Store Manager work properly but Store Operations POS just hangs on startup and never asked for login or password. I uninstalled all POS programs including MSDE and reinstalled. The server that was the domain controller has been removed from the network. Store Operations POS still hangs on startup and never gets to the logon screen. HELP!!!! I am going to guess...

Great Plains Interface
I would be very interested in learning of anyones experience in setting up the RMS/Great Plains Interface -- Ken Linton ...

Client Server using TCP/IP
Hi there... I want to write a small utility. It should be front- and backend running on different machines. I don't want to handle error correction or timeouts by myself. Communication is TCP/IP. How could I easyly do the communication? CSocket or something else. Thanks in advance Stefan "Stefan Kittel" <stefan.doofnase.kittel.NoSpam@web.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:OFsMb9ijFHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi there... > > I want to write a small utility. > It should be front- and backend running on different machines. > > I don't want to...

using rms as credit card terminal
I have a terminal T7plus for all card transactions, how well does RMS works when used fully as also a credit card terminal? We switched about 6 months ago and are very happy. With the simple addition of a mag card reader it works great. If you have high-speed internet, it will be like lightning compared to a dial-up credit card terminal. A major benefit for us was to reduce the additional chance of errors when a cashier has to punch the sale amount into the credit card terminal manually. Marc "oldtimer" <allstarcards@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:1175108636.653...

different interface for Catagories (native or via 3rd party app?)
Hi, I try to use categories with outlook to help me organize my billion and one emails but i am finding it awkward. I am a huge del.icio.us fan, and there are some things i like about their bookmarklet that would really come in handy with outlook like the automatic suggestions, the cloud of tags (that can be sorted by frequency of use or alphanumeric). Is there a way to have a pane (or at the *Very*least* resize the category window) that is alway open where i can quickly select categories/tags. I am looking for solutions either within outlook or some third party adon/plugin that would give th...

debug error / abnormal program termination
I have outlook 2002. Since installing Norton Internet Security I get a message saying - debug error in outlook.exe abnormal program termination. Reinstalling outlook / detect and repair hasn't worked. Thanks in advance. ...

Can you automatically populate the buyer ID on POs?
Can you default GP to automatically populate the buyer ID on purchase orders, based on the user id? Yes, it is possible with VBA. Follow these steps: 1) Add the Purchase Order Entry screen and the Buyer ID field to Visual Basic 2) Open the Visual Basic Editor 3) Locate Microsoft_Dynamics_GP > Microsoft Dynamics GP Objects 4) Double-click on the PurchaseOrderEntry (Window) object 5) Add the following code in the editor Private Sub BuyerID_BeforeGotFocus(CancelLogic As Boolean) Dim usrinfObj As UserInfo Dim usrID As String Set usrinfObj = VbaGlobal.UserInfoGet() usrI...

excel newb needs some help making multiple sheets communicate for ecommerce project!
Hey All, Quick intro, I sell clothes on eBay, and I am now switching to an excel based listing tool. What I need to do is integrate the data that I download into CSV format, to keep track of inventory in my excel sheet that I currently have listed and sold, so that I know exactly how much of a particular item I can put up. I have a good bite on this project considering this is the first time I have used formulas in excel, but it is a big one! So what I have are 3 sheets. Current Inventory, Active, and Sold. Each item will have a "Private ID" tag associated with it. So for instance...

terminal server exceeded maxium allowed connections
Having trouble with users logging onto Server 2003 over the internet. User use Remote Desktop in XP or Vista, it reports back that: "Terminal server exceeded maxium allowed connections". Does anyone have any advise what the issue is. We did an ISP internet change after we got this message from dynamic to static, but yet the server still doesn't allow us to log onto the server. We can connect and see the server with the static IP, but to no avail it will not allow us to log in with the proper user name and password. Please advise? tlc_13200@hotmail.com <tlc...

Custom POS Button for SKU items number use most
Hello, I have 4 SKU Item numbers that our cashier is having to press F2 to lookup a lot. Retail have asked if we can place these 4 items on the custom button to the right of the screen. Does anyone know how to get the custom button to work on the right side of the screen. Ed if this is RMS you are using, you could create macros to replay the sku with Ctl-F3 then replay them using the Alt-F1 - Alt-F4 keys during the transaction. "Ed" wrote: > Hello, > > I have 4 SKU Item numbers that our cashier is having to press F2 to lookup a > lot. Retail ...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook
Hi - I am running Outlook 2002, SP-2, under Windows XP Home edition, SP-1. I use MS Word as my message editor. For the past few months, I get the following error message in a dialog from Outlook: 'The messaging interface has returned an unknown error-if the problem persists, restart Outlook' This occurs when I either create a new message or note or edit an existing message or note and then leave it open for more than just a minute or two, rather than closing or saving and closing it. I have run the "Detect and Repair" menu option in Outlook several times, but that has n...

Adding an Excel add-in (*.XLL) on Terminal Server (running office 2003)
I notice this problem only occurs with Office 2003 on terminal server. (I've tried Office 2003 on W2k server and W2K3 server) Problem: * Open up Excel. * Go to Tools -> Add-Ins and add our company's add-in with a .XLL extension. * Close off Excel to make the add-in "stick". * Open up Execel and get this message. "This file is not reconiziable format. Blah Blah Blah " 1) I tried adding the add-in with Office 2003 on a NON- terminal server machine and it works fine. 2) I tried adding the add-in with Office 2000 on a terminal server machine and...

Access to HTML objects inside a particular frame on a multi-framed web pages throught Microsoft HTML interface DLL programtically
We have a MFC application which needs to access individual HTML objects on a multi-framed web pages. Using Microsoft HTML interface, we can get to the frame object through IHTMLFramesCollections interface. It will be give us the interface to the frame object IHTMLFrameElement. From here, we need to drill down to access the each individual sub-elements in this frame. But the Frame Object interface did not expose the property or method as to how to access its elements. Is this doable? If it is, how? Thanks. Dennis. Query IWebBrowser2 or IHTMLWindow2 from IHTMLFrameElement -- Regard...

user permissions for outlook client on terminal services
Hi All, have the following setup SBS2003 server with CRM3 and a WIN2003 terminal server in the same domain. have magaed to get the Lite outlook client running on the terminal server when the user was made a domain admin for the install and all works fine if the user is a domain admin. however outlook client will not work if they are demoted to a domain user or power user. any ideas on the folder/user permissions required for them to be able to run the client effectively without them being a domain admin? Go take a look at blogs.emonarch.net/crm There is an entry on getting the CRM cli...

Multiple Entries of the same product in POS
Does anyone know if the following is possible. When you scan an item twice in a transaction it appears as 2 separate lines on the grid and on the receipt - is there anyway to roll these up into 1 line with a quantity of 2 tks i dont know if ms pos would do it sutomatically oir not but if i remember correctly you have to type 2 * ( scan product ) that would put 2 same items on one line and times it by two. "Emer" wrote: > Does anyone know if the following is possible. > > When you scan an item twice in a transaction it appears as 2 separate lines > on the grid a...

Unable to Access Reports from CRM Interface
We have deployed Microsoft CRM, but there is problem that the reports cannot be accessed by using Microsoft CRM interface from client's machine. There is no problem accessing the report in local server, it can be shown correctly from CRM interface, if it's accessed in the CRM server/database server. There are two servers, one for CRM application and the other for database+report server. User can access the Report Manager interface from their local machine (http://dbserver/reports). Anyone has idea, what is the possible error? Thanks. there is a white paper that requires additional ...

Event Interface ActiveX
Hi, I have a problem with an activeX obejct. This object has a event interface called IEventInterface. There is a event method GetObject(long param1, BSTR* param2). I haven't got a clue how to get this event. I have implemented the event interface, but how do I get the event? Do I have to declare GetObject (this doesn't work). I have seen something about event sink or interface maps in the www. But I don't know what do do with this. Has somebody any ideas? Greetings, Matthias ...

Interface not registered message