POS question #2

Anyone out there know how to get rid of the pop up that
comes up after completing a transaction in POS? My
cashiers sometimes forget to manually close it and when
they scan the item for next sale, it closes the pop up but
does not record the item on the screen. I believe we are
giving some items away because of that.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards
JD
0
anonymous (74722)
8/14/2004 12:32:07 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

JD,
There is a way, you need to program a "macro" such as alt
F-12 to be the key that pops open the register, but it
does not give the cashier the total amount due any
longer, because what you are doing is by-passing, or
going right through that part, and ending up to where the
pos is cleared.  I thought it was a little time consuming
my self, but in reality it's not all that bad.
Best of Luck,
Vince

0
anonymous (74722)

Blank Emails #2
Hi I have previously wrote asking for help but did not get any useful help. Thank you any way. I am not alone; I found two more people got the same problem too. What happens is the content of email disappears but To, From, Cc, Subject and attachments are fine. It happens to any type of email (HTML, Plain ..). This problem occurs randomly. When a user sends an email it is blanked. I believe Exchange, not by Outlook, blanks the content; I believe this because emails I had in my Inbox for some time (and read) also suddenly lose their content. When users start sending blank emails, ...

Owner draw listbox #2
Hi, I noticed the wireless scan dialog in windows xp sp2, when you click on an item in the listbox that items height is changed. How do I do that? I have used the MeasureItem(LPMEASUREITEMSTRUCT lpMIS) function but in that one I can only change all items. Do I have to keep track of this myself in DrawItem? any good advice how to do this? thanks! Mike wrote: >Hi, >I noticed the wireless scan dialog in windows xp sp2, when you click on an >item in the listbox that items height is changed. >How do I do that? >I have used the MeasureItem(LPMEASUREITEMSTRUCT lpMIS) function ...

File System Error 2 during IO on log file .. MS exchange 5.5
I am getting following message intermittently. MSexchangeIS (277) File system error 2 during IO on log file. Event id 163 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log Error -510 Event id 120 MSexchangeIS (277) Unable to write log header 510 Event id 121 An error occured while writing to the database log file. Attempting to sop the Microsoft exchange Information store Event id 1111 Unable to create log . The drive may be read-only, out of disk space, misconfigured or corrutpted. Error 510 ---> Because of the Exchange is not operative, i have to restart services. --> The same problem ...

Sharing contacts #2
A while back I found some software that allowed sharing Outlook contact info. it used SQL and was fairly reasonably priced. I don't remember the name of the software or the web site. It was something like SQLContacts or ContactSQL or something like that. Does anybody know of that site or know of software that will work like that? TIA Brian ...

How 2 Link DATA instead of CELL REFERENCE
Here Goes...long story short, I am trying to make Excel work a little like Access. On first tab of my worksheet labeled "All" is all my data. Additional tabs contain links of the data from the 'All' tab1 (Party Invite-tab 2, Golf Invite-tab 3, Alumni-tab 4, etc.) However...when I sort the data on the 'All' tab, the links pasted on the other tabs continue to reference the pre-sorted ROW/COLUMN from the 'All' tab instead of the post-sorted DATA. Therefore data from the links on the other tabs are useless to me. Is there a formula to link the DATA in t...

Question for multiple email recipients
If there is a mail from external client sending to multiple CRM users, whenone of the users track the email to CRM (e.g. regarding to a case or any other record), is there any signal to letting other recipients know the mail is being tracked? Any suggestion? If one CRM user tracks the email in CRM from Outlook, then after a few minutes it should appear as tracked in all other user's Outlook mailboxes as well. There's a process that looks for recently created CRM activities and 'tags' them to appear tracked in CRM. The icon for the email in the Outlook explorer view sh...

filter question 04-26-07
yeh sorry. the query is just based on another query with a further filter for the day in it. The table is very simple, Duration is just stored as a number. The records are just timed events for the day.... A grace period is name i made to describe the 2 hour limit which im tring to filter the records apart from the rest of the records which dont fit this criteria, (over 2hrs long, or the 2hrs had been used). We need to treat these latter records (non-grace...) different, so any way of me tagging them somehow is what im looking for. I hope thats enough relevant info for a real-database...

Select, Modify, and Append Question
I need to select a set of records from a table, add the same date (any date) to each returned record and then append that to yet another table. I have tblEmployeeProduction which has EmployeeID, ProdDate, Department, Shift, and TotalHoursWorked. I have qryEmpShiftHours that queries tblEmployees.EmployeeID, tblEmployees.Department, tblEmployees.Shift, tblDepartment.Department, tblShift.Shift and tblShift.ShiftHours (different shifts have different hours). I have frmEmpShiftHours which has txtProdDate (unbound), cboDept, cboShift, and cmdRunQuery which returns qryEmpSetHours filtered on cboDe...

Matching items in 2 columns
Hi all, This is probably elementary for this group, but here's my question. Suppose I have 2 columns of items, with unequal numbers of items; fewer in the second colum; and the everything in the second column is in the first column. Something like this: A A B C C F D H E K F L G H I J K L Is there an easy way I can get identical items into the same ROWs, so that I can match them? I can do it manually, of course, but I sometimes have hundreds or even thousands of items. I know how to sort, but that doesn'...

Outlook calendar questions
What I am trying to do is sent an invitation not have it show up in my own personal calendar. The person that gets the invitation must be able to respond back that they are accepting or rejecting. If this is not possible default the sender of inviation to another calendar/identity Any help would be appreciated thnx nan the invite must show up in someone's personal calendar (the event organiser), so you could send the invite on behalf of another user, or from another mailbox if you have appropriate permissions. N "N.N" <nancy@csd.ca> wrote in message news:sPrKb.97542...

video e-mail #2
Get a "Failed to convert file to WMV format" error message every time I try to use the new video e-mail feature in Outlook 2003. ...

Excel question #7
Hi, I need your help. I have 2 spreadsheets, one with the data and another with references to the data. If a make a change in the data, in the spreadsheets with the references no changes its values. I don't want to use the manual way, that is to say, press the button "update values" in option Edit, References in window "Modify References". Please help me. I'm using MS Office Excel 2003 SP2. Thanks A better explanation? -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "max_rayhm" <maxrayhm@discussions.microsoft....

how do i delete cells or duplicate cells in a table ? #2
I went to make a table with 8 colums and 3 rows, which turned out fine..but now i need to make 3 more rows added on but half the size long with only 2 colums.. so i figure i can just duplicate or copy from my table 3 of these rows and shirk it and delete 1 cell...but trying to get help on how to add or remove cells seems the hard part You could create a new table with your options and add it to the old, or add three rows to the old and merge two of the cells. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "james" <...

Another Time Calulation Question
Hi, I hope you don't mind a newbie asking newbie questions? :) I'm a filling short of a sandwich when it comes to excel, so please keep that in mind if you decide to be so kind as to respond. Thanks! I am trying to get the total hours and minutes worked over two periods to show in columns I and J. Honest, I've used the help file and looked about here but I just don't get it. :s I'd appreciate all and any help. Thanks. A B C D E F G H I J 1 AM AM PM PM Deficit B/F 2 Start Finish Start Finish 3 Hrs Mi...

SQL Questions
Hi, i am from Spain, excuse my Inglish I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 1) can I install SQL 2000 Standard Edition? 2) Can I downgrade SQL 2008 Standard Edition licences to SQL 2000 Enterprise? 3) Need Windows 2003 R2 x64 SQL Enterprise Edition or can i install the SQL Standard? Thanks for all and excuse again my Inglish ZIDAC (ZIDAC@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 x64 > > 1) can I install SQL 2000 Standard Edition? Yes. You will get a message saying that SQL 2000 RTM is not supported on Win2003, but that you need to insta...

duplicate #2
I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them are duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one of each? Metalteck wrote: || I have spreadsheet that contains about 200,000 records. Many of them || are duplicated. How can I sort them out so that I can only have one || of each? have a look here: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#HighlightingDuplicates -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ASAP Utilities has a feature that does this nicely.......... Free at www.asap-utilities.com Vaya...

Outlook Web Access question
What Service Needs To Be Running For MS OUTLOOK Web Acess TO function from remote locations? Thank YOu .. Jim B IIS and port 80 open - when you install exchange server, it configures all of that for you. (and it only works with exchange server) -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "JIMB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11e1801c3f...

I try to import our clients contacts from .csv to ms crm 1.2
Hi all, I try to import our clients contacts from .csv to ms crm 1.2 I can't see any contacts even I add it directly to crm! What's happen? Cheers! the the contact wizard report that you have imported any contacts? run the wizard again and tell us what the wizard says on each screen. -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "CEO" <ceo_uk@msn.com> wrote in message news:2C90C485-3726-44B4-B6F1-4E102EDB960B@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > I try to import our clients contacts from .csv to ms crm 1.2 > > I can't see any conta...

MO receipt entry #2
Hi, I am receiving FG through MO receipt entry as well i have entered actual labou hours through data collection. what my problem is when i receive partila FG i want to allocate my labor cost to that receipt, but the button 'Labor/Machine' is set as inactive and i am not getting the way to do. I desperately lookin for help. Satya Hi Satya The Labor\Machine button is only available for actual cost items. I assume you are using a standard cost method FIFO Periodic or LIFO Periodic. When you recieve an item to stock, you should be "charging" labor based upon the item...

What's the difference? #2
Newbie question: What's the difference between Outlook and Exchange? To my virgin ears it seems the names are used interchangeably. Microsoft even has a website called "Outlook Exchange" (which makes them sound like one-and-the-same application). [http://www.outlookexchange.com] So, what gives? Jason WJason wrote: > Newbie question: What's the difference between Outlook and Exchange? To my > virgin ears it seems the names are used interchangeably. Microsoft even has > a website called "Outlook Exchange" (which makes them sound like > one-a...

pivot table calculations #2
In the 2003 version attempts to calculate from the pivot table generates a long fomula including an absolute referece - therefore you can't copy the formula down the column. Is there a way to automatically use relatational reference rather than absolute reference?-- Joe S. There are instructions here for adding the Generate GetPivotData button to a toolbar, and toggling the feature on and off: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot06.html Joe S. wrote: > In the 2003 version attempts to calculate from the pivot table generates a > long fomula including an absolute refere...

Pub2003 shrinks page size to 2"X4" when I use color laser only
I'm trying to print pages from Publisher 2003 to a Brother HL2700CN color laser. As soon as I select this printer the page format goes from my standard 8.5 X 11 to a 2 X 4 while graphics on the pages remain the same size. needless to say, they get cropped when printed. The files print fine to a B/W laser or a deskjet but no go at any setting to the color laser. I'm really tweeked 'cuz this is supposed to be my high volume color printer and I can't get it to work for Publisher. Anybody have a clue to toss my way? Have you bothered to look at the Properties when you have ...

Question re: TODAY or NOW functions
Hi, I use MS Office XP, and have set up a BOOK that has 2 worksheets, worksheet1 named 'checklist' contains a list of 60 establishments wh send data to me on a monthly basis (rows), with a column for each mont of the financial year. When i receive data for an establishment i tic the corresponding cell in 'checklist' with a tick (capital 'P webdings2). I have recently set up worksheet2 as 'Date Received' and have copie the table from checklist here. I want to make it so that as i enter tick in the checklist, 'date received' will automatically fill in th dat...

Simple question regarding fonts, email and html........
Hello, I've got a pretty simple question regarding fonts, emails and html. If I were to compose an email message in Outlook XP using Wordmail, html as the format and special fonts (font that are likley only installed on my system), then send this message to some one else, will the receipient be able to see those special fonts I used? Thanks, Jeff Based on your description of the font only on your system, then the answer is no. -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. "Jeff M. Ingram" <jingram@hotmail...

Internet Explorer 7 #2
At one time, we were told not to upgrade to IE7 because of a compatability with RMS 1.whatever Is IE7 now compatible with RMS 2.0? BTW, we've upgraded to RMS 2.0, installed hotfix 3, and have had no problems. Nathan Jung This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0BAA_01C79D89.30EFF0E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="UTF-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Nathan, You can install it now if running versions 1.3.1011 or 2.0.0106. --=20 Jeff=20 Check Point Software =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=...