POS (Not RMS) Database Query Question

Our owner would like a automated text message sent to his phone every 30-60
minutes with total daily sales.

If we create a query and have it run every 60 minutes, and the query results
sent via SQL Mail, that should do the trick.

What are the tables housing current daily sales totals?

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Mark Kalmus wrote:
> Our owner would like a automated text message sent to his phone every 30-60
> minutes with total daily sales.
>
> If we create a query and have it run every 60 minutes, and the query results
> sent via SQL Mail, that should do the trick.
>
> What are the tables housing current daily sales totals?

in RMS the table with daily sales totals is 'DailySales'

cod
0
cod (40)
6/8/2008 8:03:55 AM
Yea,
als transaction & transactionEntry.
--
-Jerry
JR Data Inc.

"cod" wrote:

> Mark Kalmus wrote:
> > Our owner would like a automated text message sent to his phone every 30-60
> > minutes with total daily sales.
> >
> > If we create a query and have it run every 60 minutes, and the query results
> > sent via SQL Mail, that should do the trick.
> >
> > What are the tables housing current daily sales totals?
> >

> in RMS the table with daily sales totals is 'DailySales'
>
> cod

0
sales1204 (95)

modifying field values in an Access 2003 query
Someone please help. Is there a SQL or Visual Basic statement that can be used to set/change the values in a field in an Access 2003 query to a default value? I'm more familiar with the concept of a table's field (or a control on a form) having a "default" value. How is it that you expect a query's field to have a default value? What are the circumstances? If, for example, you want to display something like "n/a" when an underlying field in a table contains a Null, you could use something like: YourQueryField: IIF(IsNull([YourUnderlyingField]),...

Delete Field in Backend Database
Access 2007 user looking for code that will delete a field from a specified table on a backend database. AND/OR...change the Field Size on an existing field. Thanks! -- DT No user should have this ability. This is a recipe for disaster!!!! Anywho, To delete a field you'd do something along the line of Dim db As DAO.Database Dim tdf As DAO.TableDef Set db = CurrentDb set tdf = db.TableDefs ("YourTableName") tdf.Fields.Delete ("YourFieldName") or using SQL, something like Db.Execute "ALTER TABLE YourTableName " & _ ...

wasy macro question
I used the macro recorder to get the code to resize columns on a worksheet Cells.Select Range("A1766").Activate Cells.EntireColumn.AutoFit What I don't understand in the Range. It's seems to be referring to a single cell. Could someone explain to a VBA newbie? I'm importing a text file and I want to resize the columns after import. I have the import working just need this one last thing. The worksheet will always have the same number of columns but the number of rows may vary will the above code still work? gls858 gls858 wrote: > I used the macro reco...

Joining two queries
Is there a way to join two queries together? In query 1, i have Invoice ID, Description, and Total In query 2, I have the same fields. I would like to see all the records from both queries. Please advise. "Tia" <Tia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D39EB571-0D64-4A8E-9107-351B10E1FE02@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to join two queries together? > In query 1, i have Invoice ID, Description, and Total > In query 2, I have the same fields. > > I would like to see all the records from both queries. Please advise. I believe what you're...

Money 2003 Question #2
My computer froze and shut down with Microsoft money open. When I reboot and tried to open file it gives me an error "Money has detected that you did not close the file before exiting. Money now needs to verify the information in your file. Chose Yes. When I chose Yes, it says "repairing file" and then gives me the error that the password I entered was incorrect. Can anyone tell me how to prevent this situation? It's happened several times and takes me a long time to update my file from a back up version. You might want to try renaming the client.xml file. I...

Same database can not opened in the other computer.
Hello, I found it now that my church database can be run in my office computer, but when I run it in my laptop I can not oper it with the erorr message: The document filename.mdb caused a serious error the last time it was opened. Would youlike to continue opening it?". Is this the work of Virus, I have McAffee antivirus in my laptop. Thanks for any help -- Frank Situmorang Hi Frank, Have you tried bringing a copy from the computer at your church to replace your existing copy at home? Perhaps your copy is corrupted. Note: It would be best to stick to the thr...

2003 to 2000 security question
To make a long story short I am trying to work with our Quality department to get all of our quality records available on a shared drive. To do this we need to make sure that they cannot be modified. Currently Office 2003 (specifically Excel) has the security needed to prevent users from copying the form to another Excel worksheet or workbook and making modifications. However, if the same file is opened in an earlier version of Excel, the same security does not function and the cells can be copied and then modified. Is there a way i can prevent this from happening with out having to ...

outlook on a network question
Hi, I have outlook as bundled with office 2000 on our pc's at home. What I'd like to do is to have the messages and address book one once pc, that is accessed from both. I did have this working a couple of years back, but we changed the setup. How can I tell one of the installations to use the data as stored on the other pc? I do know that you can only run outlook on one pc at a time using this facility. Thanks Is Outlook 2000 configured in Corporate/Workgroup or Internet Mail Only mode? (See Help | About Microsoft Outlook. Second or third line should state the mode Out...

MS QUERY
Good afternoon, Is there a discussion group for asking questions about MS Query? I have to create some reports in Excel which link to MS query and Im stuck try microsoft.public.excel.querydao -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "SEAN DI''''ANNO" <SEANDIANNO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:124BD4A7-1209-495F-9847-CE90863E620A@microsoft.com... > Good afternoon, > > Is there a discussion group for asking questions about MS Query? > > I have to create some reports in Excel which link to MS query and Im s...

Recover from databases only
Here's the bad news, running SBS 2K3 and the hard drive with boot partition died. The original SBS partition was E: drive. Good news is that the Exchange databases were stored on a separate physical drive (F: drive). Log files died with the drive, but server had been shutdown normally. I rebuilt server from scratch using same machine and domain name but the SBS installed to C: drive. Only have a few users in AD and a few Exchange mailboxes. Added users back into AD. How do I restore the Exchange information store from the old .EDB and ..STM files? Can I delete the log files, copy m...

Web Query date parameters
Hi, I have numerous individual web queries maintained in spreadsheets that I need to update bi-monthly. It works fine except that each time the month changes I have to go in and revise the date for the query paramaters to coincide with that in of the server. I tried developing a macro but the macro would not recognize the queries as individual entities thus it fixed the date but kept the data from the first sheet throughout the remaining sheets. I also tried going into options and disabling date recognition but it did not work either. I something in data range properties that might work? I...

Another Counting Question
I use a spreadsheet with a column (H) in which single digits (usually 0 through 6) are entered beginning in row 11. The most recent entry is in row 804 and there will be an unknown number of additional entries. I need a formula which will show the number of times that a certain value (for example, 2) has been entered in the column. In addition, it would be helpful if a second formula could show the result as a percentage of the total number of entries in the column. Any tips on how to proceed? I=92m using MS Excel 2003. Thanks for any assistance. GrtArtiste On Feb 19, 6:55=A0am, GrtArtiste...

Which Version of Visio is this?
I am new at database modeling and reading a book called "Absolute Beginner’s Guide to Databases By John V. Petersen" which uses (Old Versions) Visio & Access for examples. But the book does not say which versions. In the book the author makes an ERD diagram using the Crow's Feet ERD.VST from the Solutions/Database folder using the "Create Database Wizard". Which version of Visio is this. How to make a Access Database from Visio? Is this function availabe in all versions. On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 07:28:04 -0800, JAA149 <JAA149@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

Preparing for complete network upgrade
Ok, i have done this a couple of times in the past where i've taken a 4 day weekend to basically clean install on both server and clients the latest OS's -- i'm about to do it again, but was thinking of an easier way to do it this time around...i would like to start off by clean-installing the clients first and making sure they were fully patched, AV'd and then putting them back into the SBS 2003 network until all of them were done - then bringing the server up to SBS 2008 after i'd done all of the clients... The only drawback i can think of is if in the past 5 ye...

MX record question #2
I have one windows 2003 and one exchange on the same server need to receive the email from Internet. Did I need to setup a MX record in my own DNS server point to my own server. Or only need to add a MX record in the ISP to point to my server Internet IP address ? or both needed? thanks in advice. lamlam wrote: > I have one windows 2003 and one exchange on the same server need to > receive the email from Internet. Did I need to setup a MX record in > my own DNS server point to my own server. Or only need to add a MX > record in the ISP to point to my server Internet IP addre...

Update Query Needed 04-12-07
Hello everyone... I have column of prefixes that I need to append numbers too... My column currently looks like this... 787-222 787-221 787-721 I need to make it look like this... 787-222=787 787-221=787 787-721=787 The table name is LocalFaxPrefixes How do you add the "=787" to the end of each line in that Cell without having to do it manually? I Know how to paste an SQL View to a query, I just don't know how to write it from scratch. Thanks in advance for your help. Dale On Thu, 12 Apr 2007 11:57:27 -0400, Bikini Browser wrote: > Hello everyone......

New to RMS: Having trouble setting up 2nd terminal.....HELP
We have an existing customer who has 1 server and 1 POS terminal. I have recently installed a 2nd terminal and am trying to match the settings and templates of the register 1 to the new register 2. The problem is with the on-screen keyboard. I've chosen the option to use the touchscreen keyboard in manager for register 2 and picked the template for the pre-configured keyboard layout; however, register 2 just refuses to display the template like register 1 does. I know ive got to be missing something. By the way, i forgot to mention that yes, i have enabled the touchscreen keyboard ...

Parameter query in Access 2003 report
I want to create a parameter query that asks the user to select one, many, or all values from a field when opening a report. I would like the selection to be available from a list, radio box, or pull down menu to minimize spelling errors, etc. Unfortunately the list is of names which number about 100. Can this be done? If so, could someone please point me to the help pages that describe this process? My solution seems clunky but it is the only way I can see how to do it. Any suggestions as to how else might I best approach this? Thanks in advance Debbie See my sample database that shows ...

Macro Button Question
Heya All, I am trying to insert and delete rows using macros. Ive assigned the Macro to a button, but would like to be able to insert (and delete) exactly where the button is on the worksheet, no matter where the activecell is.. So, I guess my question is, is it possible to get the cell reference behind a graphic button? Or, even better, assign a macro to a cell? ta, Maria Maria There are "insert row" and "insert column" buttons available from Tools>Customize>Commands>Insert Also "delete row" and "delete column" buttons available from To...

a count field in a query?

CRM customization query
Hi, I have a customization query, I want to see the number of records available before I am getting the data for reports. I need this because, I want to generate a report by applying some filter criteria but at the same time I want the resultant record number below a specific limit. On the advance find, after I am applying the filters we get hte resultant data by clicking on the Find button. This takes us to the page where we can see the data. Now I want to add a new button on the Advance find screen on click of which I can get the record count of the result set for the filter i have ...

Report filter question
Hi, I've done filters many times before, but something is not right and I can not see it. My report is running of a query which has NO selection criteria in it. It is just a logical view of a table. I have the following code in my report (it is hard coded only because I'm trying to debug the code": Me.Filter = "(((tblMailingList.MemType)='MT-S'))" Me.FilterOn = True I know that the filter code is correct because I went into design query and put MT-S for the Criteria in the field MemType and view the resulting SQL cod...

Database degrag query
Hi , I am using exchange 2003 with SP1. I have calculated the total size of mailboxes , it is total 30 GB. But the size if edb file is 50 GB and stm file is 25 GB . I have defraged the database offline so that it will purge the white space if there is any. but after defrag no difference in size of the database. it is still 50gb edb and 25 gb stm file. can anuone explain if i have only 30gb total mailbox size then why it is taking so much space. there is no rules and othere things define. Waiting for your help. Regards, Abhi. On 25 Oct 2004 20:45:43 -0700, pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhi...

Jet database engine does not recognize... ?
Understand this is a problem typically related to Access pivot-table queries. Am not sure why I'm running into it or how to resolve it. Situation: Have a pivot-table query. The results are read into a standard SELECT query, Summary Closed. A third SELECT query is then used to read that standard SELECT query with the intention of generating a running total. The third query in reduced form (meaning I'm backtracking, trying to get something working right) is simply: SELECT [Summary Closed].* FROM [Summary Closed]; No problem - it regurgitates Summary Closed, a SELECT query. To rea...

Several questions
I all of a sudden am using Excel again, this time Excel 7 and forgot how to do some things. 1.) How can I expand a page to fill the printer print area? 2.) How can I print all the worksheets on a single document? 3.) Or page 1 of each worksheet? TIA, GWB 1) You cannot expand a print area to fill a paper page. You can shrink it to fit a specified number of pages. Open Page Layout tab and launch (click on the arrow) the Scale to Fit group. 2) Office button (colourful ball) / Print / Print and in the Print What area (lower left corner of dialog)check the Entire Workbook box. 3) Off...