POS 2009 Accounting integration

Does anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with Microsoft
Office Accounting? I need to upgrade my Quickbooks, but I'd rather switch to
Microsoft Accounting, instead. The only thing keeping me from switching is
the POS integration.
0
Julie (122)
8/1/2009 3:48:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Keep your QuickBook and integrate POS2009 to it.

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@rrdisti.com
Retail Realm
= = = = = = = = =
"Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with
> Microsoft
> Office Accounting? I need to upgrade my Quickbooks, but I'd rather switch
> Microsoft Accounting, instead. The only thing keeping me from switching is
> the POS integration.

0
afshin (783)

------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01CA15CE.33C5FCA0

Julie,

Office Accounting is in maintenance mode.  There will be no more =
updates.

As Afshin recommends, stay with QuickBooks.

--=20

Jeff=20
Check Point Software

Search this newsgroup -- http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w  (Stolen from DRS)
=3D=3D=3D

newsgroup reader to
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
=3D=3D=3D

  "Julie" <Julie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Does anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with =
Microsoft=20
  Office Accounting? I need to upgrade my Quickbooks, but I'd rather =
switch to=20
  Microsoft Accounting, instead. The only thing keeping me from =
switching is=20
  the POS integration.
------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01CA15CE.33C5FCA0

<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.18813"></HEAD>
15px"=20
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Julie,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Office Accounting is in maintenance =
mode.&nbsp; There=20
will be no more updates.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT =
color=3D#008000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>As Afshin recommends, stay with=20
QuickBooks.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR><BR>Jeff <BR>Check Point Software</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Search this newsgroup -- <A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w">http://tinyurl.com/2lmk4w</A>&nbsp; =
(Stolen=20
from =
DRS)<BR>=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=
=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
of=20
you are=20
Express.&nbsp;=20
on the=20
right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A=20
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
style=3D"BORDER-LEFT: #008000 2px solid; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; =
  <DIV>"Julie" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Julie@discussions.microsoft.com">Julie@discussions.microso=
ft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:E36DC5A5-9AB4-45EC-AB5B-5D50AE163EC1@microsoft.com">news:E36=
DC5A5-9AB4-45EC-AB5B-5D50AE163EC1@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Does=20
  anyone know if the new version, POS 2009, will integrate with =
Microsoft=20
  <BR>Office Accounting? I need to upgrade my Quickbooks, but I'd rather =
switch=20
  to <BR>Microsoft Accounting, instead. The only thing keeping me from =
switching=20
  is <BR>the POS integration.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00E8_01CA15CE.33C5FCA0--

0
cptsoft (1248)
8/5/2009 8:11:10 PM
Woe is me!

Is there any hope for those of us who would gladly leave Intuit for greener
pastures? Are there greener pastures?

I hate Intuit, I want them to fail, and it KILLS me to give them any money.
Won't Microsoft help me out, here? Take 'em out!

0
Julie (122)

deleteing and uncompleted email account setup in Outlook XP
While setting up a new HTTP hotmail email account Outlook locked up. A folder was created in my outlook folder list but when I try to use it I get the error message "unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The .DLL for the information service could not be found. MAPI was unable to load the information service pstprx.dll. Be sure the service is correctly installed and confgured. The email account did not get listed in my email accounts list so can not delete in a normal way. Any thougts on how to delete this folder -- gh...

Account Mixup
I've been enjoying money 2003 deluxe all year long but now I have a problem I cant resolve. I have a checking, savings, and auto loan account thru my local bank and can download the account activity in money (ofx) format.. Its been pretty seamless - the downloaded account info is accepted and imported to the right account. But now for some reason when I attempt to download the saving account info for instance, all the transactions appear in my checking account register. When downloading the checking info, I get a popup box asking which account the incoming file should go to. Anyway to forc...

Customer Modifier tool and national accounts
What happens with National Accounts when using the Customer Modifier tool? For example, let's say I have customer XYZ assigned to national account '123', and I use the Modifier tool to change customer XYZ to ABC. Will customer 'ABC' still be associated with national account '123'? Also, is there any way to mass change customers assigned to a specific national account to a different number? Again, as an example, let's say I have 1,000 accounts assigned to national account '123'. If I want to change '123' to '456', what's the bes...

Outlook 2000 with 2 mail accounts
Does anyone know how to specify which account actually sends mail when you have Outlook set up to use more than one account. I use AT&T worldnet and Nesbeonline but for some reason it always tries to send through the AT&T smtp server. That's fine most of the time but if I'm having troube connecting I'd like to be able to switch to the Nesbeonline smtp server. I have already changed the default account to Nesbe but it didn't seem to make a difference. Thanks, Danny If you have two accounts you shoudl see a small drop down arrow on the send button or...

Different E-mail Accounts, and one other question
Hi again. MS Outlook 2003 (11.8118.8107) SP2 I have more than one e-mail account. I want incoming e-mails to these accounts each to go to it's own folder. How do I do this? From what I can remember, this was possible with OE. I then have 2 seperate ID's each with its own inbox, sent, outbox, etc. The other question ... How can I view sent images directly in my incoming mails? Thank you for your time & help. -- Regards, Deon H Deon <REMOVEdeon@REMOVEsincro.co.za> wrote: > I have more than one e-mail account. I want incoming e-mails to these > accounts each to...

Allow drag and drop additions/changes to POs.
Many times we need to edit/override generated POs. Allowing one to drag and drop items ONTO a PO from the Items window would be nice. Perhaps even more useful would be to allow drag and drop MOVING of items from one PO to another. Please combine it with the ability to have multiple POs open/visible at once (another suggestion I have submitted). Man, they would be a handy pair of enhancements...... - Larry Leveen OlyBikes ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "...

Putting two sets of data in one Office account
Need a suggestion from you experts out there. I use two laptops, both with Office and I extensively use the mail and task functions on each. I had backed up my work computer, including my Outlook data into a pst file, before attempting the reformat the hard drive. There is a hardware problem with the computer that may take me a few days to a week to get fixed. Since I have a few days, I was wondering about loading the SECOND pst file on my working laptop, but was wondering if there was a way to do so where I could keep the data separate. I wasn't sure if there was a way to do so ...

Accounting Year designation?
Hi, If a company has a fiscal year that begins 7/1/05 and ends 6/30/06, would you call that Accounting Year 2005 or Accounting Year 2006? I've talked to four different CPAs and have had two different answers on this. I look forward to any and all replies, and any references to documents that would discuss this in terms of traditionally accepted accounting practices. Regards, Brcobrem I always consider the ending date to be the determining factor. Thus, I would select 2006 as the fiscal year. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Brcobrem" wrote: > Hi, > > If a company ...

User accounts changing themselves to another users details..?
Hi, We're getting an intermittent problem with our CRM 1.2 installation. Randomly, users names and email addresses are changing to that of another user but their logon name is staying the same. This is meaning that when they logon to CRM, their name is showing wrongly and any records assigned to them are showing the wrong name. The name they change to is always the same and the user records changing varies. eg: Say we have 10 users, one of whom is "Joe Bloggs". Today, 3 other users records names had changed so that their first name showed "Joe" and their surn...

Money 2006 Bank Accounts
Is there any way to have 2 accounts from the same banking institution (in this case 2 checking accounts from BoA)? I add one account, rename it and then try to add another one for my wife and it simply keeps overwriting the first account. This seems like it would be basic functionality of any accounting program. I have searched the user manual and the forums to no avail. Can anyone confirm this can be done and how to do it? Thanks. When prompted to choose a bank, you could click on the link given for those whose bank isn't listed. This will create an account unassociated with BoA (...

Smartlist
Hi all, I was wondering if there is a way to export the distribution accounts within payable transactions entries using SmartList. I tried exporting all the fields within SmartList but I don't see the purchasing accounts. What am I missing. Thanks. The column is called Purchases Account Number. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Jack" wrote: > Hi all, > I was wondering if there is a way to export the distribution accounts within > payable transactions entries using SmartList. I tr...

cashflow in your bank account NOW!!!!!
i think u should try these websites! ;) go to this url: a) http://offto.net/forexkiss1/ b) http://offto.net/5technic1/ c) http://offto.net/50weeksforex1/ d) http://offto.net/makemoneyfirst1/ e) http://offto.net/cashsecret1/ f) http://offto.net/millionairesecret1/ g) http://offto.net/luxuryhomes/ h) http://offto.net/forextrader1/ well, these are just my suggestions.. i dont get any commissions for promoting these websites to you. good luck! ;) ...

Hypothetical accounts
How do I set up a hypothetical account in Money? This is an account where I maintain stocks I am considering (a tracking portfolio), but have not actually purchased and so do not want the values included in my net worth. Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Dana wrote: >How do I set up a hypothetical account in Money? This is >an account where I maintain stocks I am considering (a >tracking portfolio), but have not actually purchased and >so do not want the values included in my net worth. Money calls those Watch accounts. There is a checkbox in Account Settings/Details. ...

how can i add hotmail account in microsoft outlook??
how can i add hotmail account in microsoft outlook?? What version? >-----Original Message----- >how can i add hotmail account in microsoft outlook?? > > >. > office xp "Mark Gable" <mgable@ficomp.com> wrote in message news:023101c34bc3$de3643b0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > What version? > > >-----Original Message----- > >how can i add hotmail account in microsoft outlook?? > > > > > >. > > As far as I know, it's not possible because Hotmail doesn't give out their POP3 and SMTP server information. If you know t...

using money for my school PTO account
Please help me use my new money program in the manner which best suits the reporting needs of my PTO. I need to record budget amounts. As I write checks, I would like the program to deduct those expenses from my budget categories to get a budget/actual report in order to find out how much we are spending and what remains in each category. I entered my categories, but I am unable to enter values to those categories. I do not want to enter income totals. I would like to track our fundraisers separately. I simply want to enter our proposed budget amounts, and track how our expense...

Add a second linked contact to the account entity
Hi all, I try to add another linked contact to the account form (like primary contact) which is a invoice receiver. But when I try to create a relationship between account and contact I cannot select the contact entity but only my custom entities. Is this a known limitation? If yes, is there a workaround available? Any help is appreciated. On Mar 26, 8:44 am, "GrandiJoos" <grandijoos...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hi all, > > I try to add another linked contact to the account form (like primary > contact) which is a invoice receiver. But when I try to create a > rel...

CRM 1.2 account owner changed
Hello, Hope someone of you can help me. We have CRM version 1.2 running and have a strange problem. We have assigned some of our Account 's to service representitives to point them as primairy contacts for the Account. But all changed back!! I don't know when this happend, but it did! Does someone know this problem?? Thanx in advance! ---- With kind regards, Eric van der Niet Consultant EvdN@RealData.nl www.RealData.nl www.NoteTaker.nl could one of your users have gone "back on-line"? Never seen it happen, but if a user had all the contacts locally, off-line befo...

Trouble Downloading SOME Accounts on MSN Money into Microsoft Mone
I have all my accounts on MSN Money (credit cards, banking and investments). I recently purchased Microsoft Money 2006. When I start Microsoft Money, it only downloads my credit cards and banking accounts from MSN. Why won't it download my investment accounts? I know that I can add them within Microsoft Money but when I have tried to do that, I often get an error message or the wrong balance is shown. So my main question is "why won't my investment accounts on MSN download into Money like my credit card and banking accounts?" In microsoft.public.money, Angela wrot...

Account Finance Charge
I am so confused about finance charges on accounts receivable. I am trying to help a customer with a problem, and hopefully someone here can give me some guidance. The customer has one account type set up, Revolving type, set to be due 31 days after the closing date. She has an annual percentage rate of 18% defined, no minimum finance charge. Every charge customer has the same account type defined, every customer has the finance charge flag turned on. One problem is that there are customers that are always carrying a balance on the account (they never get to zero), but they don't g...

How do I set up a sub account
I have a BT Dial Up Connection and use Windows XP Pro; my computer has 2 users and I want to set up the e-mail accounts for each user. Both users are registered as administrators but user1 is classified as 'primary account' by BT and this e-mail sends and receives. User 2, classified as 'sub account' by BT is set up with all the same settings/server details but the following messages are occurring: 1) Cannot find POP3 server, error code Ox80042108 2) Cannot find STMP server, error code Ox80042109 Any ideas? Thanks Alan "Arta" <Arta@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

RMS 2.0 integrating with Office Accounting 2007 possible?
Hi All, Is it possible to integrate RMS 2.0 Office Accounting 2007? With POS2.0 its possible? and for RMS?? Dennis Do you have a reseller? They should be able to guide you on these questions. But the word around the water cooler is that RMS 2.0 will integrate with Office Accounting 2007. Gearing everything for v3.0's roadmap to the .net environment. Dont quote me on this, though I am pretty certain that this info is correct. -- Jere Hurn zeroedin, inc "Dennis" wrote: > Hi All, > > Is it possible to integrate RMS 2.0 Office Accounting 2007? > > Wit...

I need help with GL Accounts and Quickbooks & posting batches..
We went live with RMS in our first store on Monday. So far it is working well, but i am having a terrible time getting my accounting info to post to Quickbooks. I have spent two days trying to get my G.L. accounts set up correctly. In the meantime, my accounting work is piling up , as i have brought the old system to a screeching halt. I know that my lack of accounting knowledge is holding me up and i do not have a current accountant to help me with this...Is there anyone who would be willing to walk me through this ? I would be happy to pay for the time ... Please i need help, bad...

I keep losing online services on my HSBC direct savings account
I have lost online services on my HSBC account 4 times now in the 4 months I have been using MS Money (MS Money 2006 Standard OEM Edition Version 15.0.50.513). I think I have finally figured out the pattern. Every time I accidentally screw up something I can't undo and I have to restore a backup file it happens. If I restore a backup everything is back to how it should be except that it just drops the online services from my HSBC account, and I have to set them back up, which creates a duplicate account that now has online services that must then be merged with the old account. ...

how do I set up an email account
would like to know how I set up an account and add other email accounts to outlook this is for personal use. Do I have to get a user name and password from my ISP or can I create my own? You'll need the server names, login & password from your ISP. "morninggold" <morninggold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE64CDAB-5EE4-4C45-993A-1CDDDFE7F9DB@microsoft.com... > would like to know how I set up an account and add other email accounts to > outlook this is for personal use. Do I have to get a user name and > password > from my ISP or can I...

Account Setup Unavailable error
I recently disabled online updates from my bank and am trying to set it back up. I go to Change Account Setings --> Online Setup, and then choose my bank, but after about 5 seconds, I get a message "Account setup is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later." This has been the case for 3 days. Any suggestions? Thanks ...