Point of Sale - wont allow login the next day

Kind of an odd one here - customer installs Microsoft POS and can log in and
operate the store on the day of install.  They close down POS that night and
the next morning they are unable to log back in.

They get the following error message.
"You could not be logged on.  Your employee ID or password may not be
correct, or the computer where your store database is located may be down or
otherwise unavailable."

The database is on the local machine - I have since had them do a complete
uninstall of POS and MSDE and perform a re-install and then update POS -
applying all hotfixes and refresh.

Still having the same problem after doing so.

I am out of options on what to suggest to them.  They can use the password
reset utility to get them into the program BUT - same story the next day.

They have been experiencing this issue for SOME TIME NOW.
0
JSudduth (5)
7/21/2006 5:57:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

------=_NextPart_000_043D_01C6ACD2.63B0AB30

JSudduth,

Make sure they have the latest version;

From the Start menu, open Point of Sale Manager and verify the =
installation by clicking the About command on the Help menu. If the =
version number shown is 2.0.1112.0, the Refresh was successfully =
installed.

If you are a MBS reseller, you can download them a .ISO copy here;
http://tinyurl.com/ou4og

Also, make sure they are installing and setting the program up in a =
Windows Administrator user mode and not a Limited User as passwords are =
stored in the Registry and normal users can't save Registry changes.

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "JSudduth" <JSudduth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  Kind of an odd one here - customer installs Microsoft POS and can log =
in and=20
  operate the store on the day of install.  They close down POS that =
night and=20
  the next morning they are unable to log back in.

  They get the following error message.=20
  "You could not be logged on.  Your employee ID or password may not be=20
  correct, or the computer where your store database is located may be =
down or=20
  otherwise unavailable."

  The database is on the local machine - I have since had them do a =
complete=20
  uninstall of POS and MSDE and perform a re-install and then update POS =
-=20
  applying all hotfixes and refresh.

  Still having the same problem after doing so.

  I am out of options on what to suggest to them.  They can use the =
password=20
  reset utility to get them into the program BUT - same story the next =
day.

  They have been experiencing this issue for SOME TIME NOW.
------=_NextPart_000_043D_01C6ACD2.63B0AB30

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>JSudduth,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Make sure they have the latest =
version;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>From the <SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: =
bold">Start</SPAN>=20
menu, open Point of Sale Manager and verify the installation by clicking =
the=20
<SPAN style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">About</SPAN> command on the <SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">Help </SPAN>menu. If the version number =
shown is <SPAN=20
style=3D"FONT-WEIGHT: bold">2.0.1112.0</SPAN>, the Refresh was =
successfully=20
installed.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>If you are a MBS reseller, you can download =
them a .ISO=20
copy here;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000><A=20
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/ou4og">http://tinyurl.com/ou4og</A></FONT></DI=

<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT=20
color=3D#008000></FONT><FONT color=3D#008000></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Also, make sure they are installing and =
setting the=20
program up in a Windows Administrator user mode and not a =
Limited&nbsp;User as=20
passwords are stored in the Registry and normal users can't save =
Registry=20
changes.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"JSudduth" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:JSudduth@discussions.microsoft.com">JSudduth@discussions.m=
icrosoft.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:2F37B6A4-C85C-4E15-81C6-CD7D7F3439D8@microsoft.com">news:2F3=
7B6A4-C85C-4E15-81C6-CD7D7F3439D8@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>Kind=20
  of an odd one here - customer installs Microsoft POS and can log in =
and=20
  <BR>operate the store on the day of install.&nbsp; They close down POS =
that=20
  night and <BR>the next morning they are unable to log back =
in.<BR><BR>They get=20
  the following error message. <BR>"You could not be logged on.&nbsp; =
Your=20
  employee ID or password may not be <BR>correct, or the computer where =
your=20
  store database is located may be down or <BR>otherwise=20
  unavailable."<BR><BR>The database is on the local machine - I have =
since had=20
  them do a complete <BR>uninstall of POS and MSDE and perform a =
re-install and=20
  then update POS - <BR>applying all hotfixes and refresh.<BR><BR>Still =
having=20
  the same problem after doing so.<BR><BR>I am out of options on what to =
suggest=20
  to them.&nbsp; They can use the password <BR>reset utility to get them =
into=20
  the program BUT - same story the next day.<BR><BR>They have been =
experiencing=20
  this issue for SOME TIME NOW.</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_043D_01C6ACD2.63B0AB30--

0
spam3944 (2163)
7/21/2006 9:31:44 PM
If that doesnt help or you are using an Admin acct during install;

Try not shutting it down - no need to shut it down every day.
Can you use it the following day?

Also ensure during database password setup, you know which is being selected
and what it counts on to be correct:
Windows Authentication?
SQL authentication?

Without running RMS Manager, in RMS Administrator, run the built in test
utility - can you connect at all times using this? Including the next day?

g'luck

"Jeff" wrote:

> JSudduth,
>
> Make sure they have the latest version;
>
> From the Start menu, open Point of Sale Manager and verify the installation by clicking the About command on the Help menu. If the version number shown is 2.0.1112.0, the Refresh was successfully installed.
>
> If you are a MBS reseller, you can download them a .ISO copy here;
> http://tinyurl.com/ou4og
>
> Also, make sure they are installing and setting the program up in a Windows Administrator user mode and not a Limited User as passwords are stored in the Registry and normal users can't save Registry changes.
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
>   "JSudduth" <JSudduth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2F37B6A4-C85C-4E15-81C6-CD7D7F3439D8@microsoft.com...
>   Kind of an odd one here - customer installs Microsoft POS and can log in and
>   operate the store on the day of install.  They close down POS that night and
>   the next morning they are unable to log back in.
>
>   They get the following error message.
>   "You could not be logged on.  Your employee ID or password may not be
>   correct, or the computer where your store database is located may be down or
>   otherwise unavailable."
>
>   The database is on the local machine - I have since had them do a complete
>   uninstall of POS and MSDE and perform a re-install and then update POS -
>   applying all hotfixes and refresh.
>
>   Still having the same problem after doing so.
>
>   I am out of options on what to suggest to them.  They can use the password
>   reset utility to get them into the program BUT - same story the next day.
>
>   They have been experiencing this issue for SOME TIME NOW
0
Luke (96)
7/25/2006 2:15:01 AM
I had a customer who was unable to login each morning until the PC had been
restarted, which got progressively worse. When I checked their PC they had
only 10Meg of Hard drive space free, out of 40 Gig. Turns out a logfile from
MSDE was growing by about 400 Meg a day, and filing their harddrive.

Now you say you have reinstalled MSDE, so it seems to be it shouldn't be
that, but it can't hurt to check their available disk space.

Joshua Smith

"luke" <luke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If that doesnt help or you are using an Admin acct during install;
>
> Try not shutting it down - no need to shut it down every day.
> Can you use it the following day?
>
> Also ensure during database password setup, you know which is being
selected
> and what it counts on to be correct:
> Windows Authentication?
> SQL authentication?
>
> Without running RMS Manager, in RMS Administrator, run the built in test
> utility - can you connect at all times using this? Including the next day?
>

> g'luck
>

> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > JSudduth,
> >
> > Make sure they have the latest version;
> >
> > From the Start menu, open Point of Sale Manager and verify the
installation by clicking the About command on the Help menu. If the version
number shown is 2.0.1112.0, the Refresh was successfully installed.

> > If you are a MBS reseller, you can download them a .ISO copy here;
> > http://tinyurl.com/ou4og
> >
> > Also, make sure they are installing and setting the program up in a
Windows Administrator user mode and not a Limited User as passwords are
stored in the Registry and normal users can't save Registry changes.

> > --
> > *
> > Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
> >
> > You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
> > see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
follow
> > the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with
newsreader"
> > under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
> >
> > http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
> >
> > **********
> >
> >   "JSudduth" <JSudduth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >   Kind of an odd one here - customer installs Microsoft POS and can log
in and
> >   operate the store on the day of install.  They close down POS that
night and
> >   the next morning they are unable to log back in.
> >
> >   They get the following error message.
> >   "You could not be logged on.  Your employee ID or password may not be
> >   correct, or the computer where your store database is located may be
down or
> >   otherwise unavailable."
> >
> >   The database is on the local machine - I have since had them do a
complete
> >   uninstall of POS and MSDE and perform a re-install and then update
POS -
> >   applying all hotfixes and refresh.
> >
> >   Still having the same problem after doing so.
> >
> >   I am out of options on what to suggest to them.  They can use the
password
> >   reset utility to get them into the program BUT - same story the next
day.

> >   They have been experiencing this issue for SOME TIME NOW

0
joshua5409 (14)

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

Sales Person Field
When a Order in printed where is the Sales person being pulled which field ? Owner ? Thanks Hi Carlos, I guess you have customized your invoice entity and sales person is actually the owner. You may have changed owner field's label to sales person. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Carlos" wrote: > When a Order in printed where is the Sales person being pulled which field ? > Owner ? > > Thanks > > ...

Modern day considerations, Integer versus Long
Hi All, I come from a day when storage was a LOT dearer than it is today. I use Integer or Long for whole # values 'cuz I read once that Integer takes less memory. It's also kind of self documenting about the size of the #. With memory gigs now about the size of a thumbnail, what are the major pro's and cons of still using As Integer versus As Long. Thanks. -- Neal Z In 32 bit machines generally there's no advantage to using As Integer. If anything there's an extra overhead involved as behind the scenes it gets converted to a Long for sto...

Money 2003 won't allow new transactions
I just installed Money 2003 on my new laptop running XP Home and moved my .mny and backup files. Money 2003 has been running just fine on my Windows 98, Pentium II desktop for a year. I opened my checking account on my laptop and added many transactions (withdrawls and deposits) this weekend. Now when I open the program it will not allow me to add a new transaction or edit a transaction (it just blinks a little when I try). It also says "application internal error" when I just click on payees. I cannot figure out what is going on. I uninstalled and reinstalled the pro...

How about if next year W-2's could be printed on white paper?
---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=3f1ded5d-c4e9-4d4b-8f20-a22fa66ebd7f&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

Template site will not allow me to download
When attempting to download a template from the MS website, after the terms of agmt page, I am told I do not have Publisher and cannot download the template. I have downloaded Word & Excel templates with no problem. I have Publisher 2003 which came installed on my computer. Windows XP, Office 2003. TIA More details (don't want to get flamed): Running Publisher 2002 not 2003 My specific question is: How can I get the website to recognize my .exe so that I can download templates for Publisher? Thanks "Tob" wrote: > When attempting to download a template from the...

Allow data changes but prevent formatting changes
Is it possible in Excel 97 to protect a spreadsheet in such a way tha data can be entered in unlocked cells but formatting changes cannot b made? I have a spreadsheet model set up that works great except i users copy data from one unlocked cell to another the formatting of th other cell is copied as well (in this case the borders) -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Simply no. XL 2003 allows selective locking, that is allows users to delete rows, insert rows, format cells, etc, but it still starts with a premise that the user cannot enter data in locked cells and unlocked one...

add individual data points to a bar chart of averages
I have groups of data points in categories. I can easily calculate the average in each category and show these as a bar chart, but is it possible to show the individual data pioints in each category as well? Thanks, Hi, How are you plotting the data points - as columns or line? and also could you show us dummy data layed out so we can understand what you data looks like. If you plot a clustered column chart you could show the average for each cluster as a line within the cluster or as a single point. -- Thanks, Shane Devenshire "lenos" wrote: > I have groups of dat...

Moving Data Points on Scatter Chart in 2007
I have used Excel to construct various ship curves in all versions until 2007. I would create a table of offsets (x,y points) and build a simple integration scheme around the table. I would then graph the offsets. I could go into the graph, grab a particular data point and move it either horizontally or vertically. This would update the table and update the integration. I would have the area (or volume) display on the graph. So I could fair a smooth curve by adjusting offsets (with the smooth lines turned on) until I got the area and centroid I needed. Until Excel 2007! I cannot...

Display name points to the wrong user information
Hi, A client of mine is having problem with his user information in Outlook when sending out emails internally. Currently, they are running Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. This happened yesterday around 9am. When the user send an email to any internal staff, his user/contact information is stated as a different user. For example, my client's name is John Smith and the other account is TempStaff. 1. When he send out internal emails, other will see him as TempStaff in the From field. 2. When other users send him emails, other will see him as TempStaff in the To field. 3. On John Smith&...

How do get the years and days Between two dates
if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? If 5/1/2006 is in A1 and 2/28/2002 is in A2, then maybe: =(a1-a2)/365 or =(a1-a2)/365.25 But if you're trying to find differences between dates, you may want to take a look at =datedif(). You can find lots of info at Chip Pearson's site: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm (=datedif() was only documented in xl2k's help.) jhon doe wrote: > > if you had 5/1/2006 and 2/28/2002 how would you get 4.17? -- Dave Peterson ...

How to make an account not day-to-day?
How do I make money not consider an account a day to day account, besides listing it as closed? In microsoft.public.money, Helen wrote: >How do I make money not consider an account a day to day account, besides >listing it as closed? > Favorites->OrganizeFavorites. ...

Reference to next record within a group
I am trying to set up a summary query to identify how many total days a patient has gone without any medication. The following are the data that I start with. Member # Fill Date Days Supply Next Med Date 940183753-02 1/11/2007 30 2/10/2007 940183753-02 2/7/2007 30 3/9/2007 940183753-02 2/8/2007 28 3/8/2007 940183753-02 2/11/2007 90 5/12/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 7/12/2007 30 8/11/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 This particular mbr was on multiple meds for a specific di...

Charting Data Series vs. Data Points?
If I am trying to chart a single row of data appearing in 600 columns, is this data in 600 data points, which is chartable, or is it 600 series, which is not chartable? I have divided the data between three worksheets due to worksheet limitations of 256 columns, but I have not been able to create a single chart line for data extending over the three worksheets. Tommy wrote on Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:31:06 -0800: TZ> If I am trying to chart a single row of data appearing in TZ> 600 columns, is this data in 600 data points, which is TZ> chartable, or is it 600 series, which is no...

Ability to enter multiple meter readings per day in field service.
Would like to have the abiltiy to enter multiple meter reading per day in fields service instead of being limited to just one entry per day. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-u...

CRM Sales for outlook 06-18-04
I know in CRM you can right click an email and promote it to an activity, as long as the MessageType is IPM.Note. Is there any way to handle other message types... CD ...

Can Sales for Outlook be installed on a client with XP Home?
Hello, The client OS requirements for Sales for Outlook are either Windows 2000 SP3 or XP Professional SP1. Can someone please explain why XP Home will not meet the requirements? Has anyone tried installing Sales for Outlook on a client machine w/XP Home? Our client has laptops with XP Home and would like more explanation as to why they'll need to upgrade to XP Pro. Thanks for any help, Rebecca XP home has no support for Active Directory Domains, and - windows integrated authentication - sql replication for offline work would not work i don't know if msde will install on xp hom...

Hide Sales Button
Hi Does anyone knows wich security setting shoul I remove to hide the Sales big button (bottom of the crm page). I saw that, for example, the CSR Manager don't show this button, and Customer Service Representative show it. I tried to compare the security roles but I couldn't find the diference. In fact, I removed all the Sales tab permissions (on the Customer Service Representative role) but the button still apperars. Thanks -- Carlos That button is visible due to the licence the user has. If the user has a sales or suite licence, then he/she will see the Sales big butto...

Average days to pay #3
I just need a help from you all. Can any one of you please provide me the formula for caluclating average days to pay? And is debit memo's are considered for it? Please clarify. Thanks in advance. Hi Shree, Please find below the information on how the Average days to pay is calculated. TechKnowledge Content Issue: When and how is the Average Days to Pay calculated in the Customer Credit Summary window (Cards|Sales|Summary|Credit Summary)? Resolution: The Average Days to Pay field is updated when a debit document is fully applied. The average is recalculated as the document i...

Money 2005 Small Business XP to Vista unable to login to money fil
I installed Money 2005 on a new computer with Vista and can not open my existing money file that was created with a passport on my old computer with XP. i have been working offline under xp since i can not login because my password is invalid (even after changing it). Vista will not let me open the file by working offline even under Run as Administrator. I have downloaded the update on my new computer. In microsoft.public.money, jenl11 wrote: >I installed Money 2005 on a new computer with Vista and can not open my >existing money file that was created with a passport on my ...

Counting days
Have the following fields in a table: Date,Name,JobNo,Hours. I need a SQL query to count the number of days each Name appears over a period of days. Any Name can appear more than once on any Date. If a Name appeared three times on the same Date it should only count as one day. Any suggestions or help would be appreciated Thanks Phil_mac SELECT name, COUNT(*) FROM (SELECT DISTINCT name, [date] FROM tableName WHERE [date] BETWEEN firstDate AND lastDate) AS a GROUP BY name where firstDate and lastDate are parameters defining the range of date of your interest. ...

XP Home/Outlook (Exchange 5.5) login errors
Hi there--I hope someone can help me. I have a home user with XP home installed. This machine has been configured to access an Exchange 5.5 mailbox (using Outlook xp). When the user brings this machine into the office and connects (physically)to my network and attempts to login to his mailbox he gets an error message indicating the his login information is "incorrect". This user can dial in via RAS and is prompted for his user name and password without a problem. He can also access his mailbox via OWA. It's just when he connects physically to the network that he is getting t...

Explorer Sales View
I am using Explorer to try to get all Unpaid Invoices. I am able to get all invoices using a restriction on the search criteria, but am unable to find the field to use to specify unpaid or open invoices. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks! Payables or Sales? Try "Current Trx Amount" is greater than 0.00. "woodsdarren" <woodsdarren@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0C769FFF-6A10-482C-B986-C13CC62C608F@microsoft.com... >I am using Explorer to try to get all Unpaid Invoices. I am able to get >all > invoices using a restriction on th...

convert Days to Years, Months, Days
I want to convert lets say 1890 Days from today to Years Months, Days!! Ex: 1890 Days = 6 years, 3 months and 23 days What is the formula??? Thanks =TODAY()+1890 and format as a date. for the first part. Don't know what the Example has to do with the question. If you don't want the date shown above, then show what is supplied and what you want preferable with low cell addresses.. --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/sea...

Associate more than one sales Territory with an account
I know that by Default CRM only allows the association of a single sales territory with an account, but is does anyone know how to associate more than one sales territory with an account? If so, please advise. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. h...