Point of Sale 1.0 and RMS

Hey Guys,

Can RMS connect to a POS 1.0 Database?

I've got a client that is using POS 1.0, and wants to use RMS for the
backend. Is that possible?

Or do I have to convert him to RMS for both the POS and the backend? If
so does a license for each PC have to be obtained or is the $2k+ price
tag for RMS cover that.

Thanks!
0
iwalmsley (1)
9/5/2009 5:08:20 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Good qustions.  Let see:

1- RMS and POS1.0 are not compatible. So you will have to install RMS on all
machines
2- You should migrate your POS data to RMS (No RMS Tool for this).  Contact
me and I will send you that.
3- In US the price including BREP is about US$1,400 per POS

Contact me for additional details.

Afshin@rrdisti.com
Retail Realm Distribution
= = = = = = = = = = = =
"Ian Walmsley" <iwalmsley@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message
> Hey Guys,
>
> Can RMS connect to a POS 1.0 Database?
>
> I've got a client that is using POS 1.0, and wants to use RMS for the
> backend. Is that possible?
>
> Or do I have to convert him to RMS for both the POS and the backend? If so
> does a license for each PC have to be obtained or is the $2k+ price tag
> for RMS cover that.
>
> Thanks!

0
afshin (783)

2 Domains, 1 Exchange Server

Exchange 4.0 Binaries
Hello all, I would like to bild the transition scenario for exchange. I would like to start by exchange 4.0. Unfortunatly I don't have the binaries for this version. Could someone provide it to me? THX in ADV Cheers Igor Does anyone in the world still use Exchange 4.0. I don't even remember an SMTP connector for it? "Igor" <i-koslov@muenster.de> wrote in message news:139CED78-E895-44D1-A4BA-91E1B05AD747@microsoft.com... > Hello all, > > I would like to bild the transition scenario for exchange. I would like to > start by exc...

CRM sales for outlook not working offsite
Hi Everyone, I see that some people are having similar problems with SFO. I have a machine that is offsite and I am not able to sync and it is actually offline currently. When I go back online it asks me if I want to go back online and then I just get a Microsoft CRM text box with OK in the middle and it just doesn't do anything at all. I have not gotten CRM to sync from an offsite location yet. Previously, I got a sql error. I then installed SQL2000sp3a and that took that error away, but now I am left with this. I don't know if there is something that I am missing....

=?iso-8859-1?Q?=3F_sign_appears_as_a_box?=
Hi, Does anyone know of any information that could help me with this problem? It only appears as a box in the body of an email. I have checked the mail format options and the international options and they are set correctly.. ? ...

1 space node returns as empty

Outlook 2007 and MS CRM Client 4.0 Crash
Hello, After I have installed the 4.0 client my outlook crash very offen, before I had the client installed there was no problems with outlook, but after it's doing sometimes 10 time a day.....I have seen it on some other machines. I have all updates to Office and windows. Any one there have an idea for a solution. btw. I had the same problem in 3.0, but the rollup was fixing it there....but now it's 4.0..... -- Best regards, Anders Jeppesen MCP, MCTS, MPV KEYZONE ApS Is it a particular operation or area in the client that make it crash? What does it say when it crash? We...

word on mac opens and views in 2 pages i want 1 page view default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel when i open a word document i receive, the view is 2 page to the screeen, this is too hard to read, i want i page per scren, how do i default it to this to make my reading easier Adjust the Zoom on the document, then save it. Each document opens at the zoom ratio it was last saved at. Word 2008 does not give you a way to specify a default size. Older versions of Word enable you to use a macro to set the zoom, but Word 2008 has no macros. Cheers On 24/01/10 7:23 PM, in article 59bb187d.-1@webcr...

How do you curve text in power point?
I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape. Any suggestions? You can highlight the text then, while it is highlighted, go to format and click on the drop down menu called, Text Effects. Once there, scroll down to the transform option and you should see a few choices for curved text/arching text. "matelp" wrote: > I'm trying to curve text in power point - word art contains background shapes > for text boxes, but does not curve the text to fit the shape. ...

CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade
Hi- I am looking to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 3.0 in the coming months. Our current environment consists of the following. CRM - Windows 2000 Server, CRM 1.2 SQL - Windows 2000 Server, SQL 2000 I would like to move CRM and SQL onto new servers running Windows 2003 Server. I will also be upgrading to SQL 2005 on the SQL box. Can someone please tell me the recommended upgrade path for this? Thanks! Migrate your existing system to the new servers and validate. Then upgrade to CRM 3.0 and finally upgrade to sql 2005. The implementation guide will help you redeploy to new servers. Think of ...

How to upgrade from GP6.0 to 10.0
I know that we can upgrade from GP 7.5 or 8.0 - to 9.0. And also from GP 8.0 or 9.0 - to 10.0. I would like to know how can we upgrade from GP 6.0 to 10.0. Is it from 6.0 to 7.5 to 9.0 and then to 10.0 ? Please confirm. On Jul 31, 10:37=A0am, Systems Advisers <SystemsAdvis...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I know that we can upgrade from GP 7.5 or 8.0 - to 9.0. > And also from GP 8.0 or 9.0 - to 10.0. > I would like to know how can we upgrade from GP 6.0 to 10.0. Is it from 6= ..0 > to 7.5 to 9.0 and then to 10.0 ? > Please confirm. You are in for a rough ride m...

CRM 3.0 and Price List Upgrading
Hi, Does anyone know if CRM 3.0 will have a mechanism to update large price lists and/or multiple price lists? We have CRM 1.2 and have 4 price lists, each having about 1200 items. We have an upcoming price list change - happens each quarter, and to do them manually takes days. I hope Microsoft has incorporated something like this into 3.0. Any info would be helpful. Thanks! Shauna ...

#DIV/0! Problem
I'm sure there is a simply fix but I don't know what it is. My formula reads: =SUM(B4:W4)/SUM(B3:W3). If I have no values entered within the specified range I get the #DIV/0! error. How should I write the formula to have the cell show a 0 (zero) until values are entered? Thanks =IF(SUM(B3:W3)=0,0,SUM(B4:W4)/SUM(B3:W3)) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Michael Keene" <bayview04@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:908ecb5a.0406191315.24696c49@posting.google.com... > I'm sure there is a simply fix but I don't know what it is. My formula ...

Multiple Sales Taxes
Hi, We have a client based in Canada that does business all over the country. He wants to have the breakup of taxes printed on the SOP Blank Invoice Form. There is an article to do this in knowledgebase and that is fine for predetermined Tax Schedules made at design time. The issues are: 1) They do business today in 6 different Taxes(GST/PST/HST/QST etc..), altough in any form only 2 taxes out of the 6 would be required to be printed, so do we make 6 different lines on the form, one for each? 2) What if the client makes a new Tax Schedule and wants to have it printed. Does he need t...

Daily Sales Report #2
Hi, I work in a retail outlet that opens at 10:00 am and stays open until around 12:30/01:00am the next day. When we run the daily sales report it will only pick up from 12-12midnight. Due to this we have a headache in Finance trying to tally up the figures. Is there anyway to specify the time and date from a report in RMS or do I need to look at some other reporting software? Any suggestions would be very welcome. Regards Ken Hi Ken, My company, Professional Advantages has Analysis Cubes for RMS. This product is designed to help retailers manage their business by delivering anal...

Can I put VC 6.0 and VS.NET on the same PC?
Hi, My current development PC has Visual Studio 6.0 installed. Can I install Visual Studio .NET on the same PC and still have the ability to build applications in both environments? Having read reams of information on VS.NET, I can't find a clear answer to this simple question so I wanted to double check here. Thanks, RickL Yes you can. If you are converting VC6 projects, it is a good idea to first copy them= into a new directory before loading them into VC7. On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 04:09:20 +1000, RickL wrote: >=A0Hi, > >=A0My current development PC has Visual Studio 6....

Turning 1 into One
(MS Excel 2000) Hi, Can I type "1" into a cell and get it automatically to come up as a "One" in another cell. Similarly can I type "2" into the same cell to come up as "Two" in the other? ... and if so how? A juicy red apple is nice but not every apple is red! http://www.wattersons.co.uk --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ njhagan, I'm not sure that this is what you want but if you enter : =LOOKUP(A1,{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10},{"One","Two","Three","Four","Five","Six",&qu...

\\.\backofficestorage\domain is pointed to wrong domain
In setting up Exchange to run through ISA, I somehow screwed up the domain listing of Exchange. Eversince the virtual directory for exchange local path has been moved to \\.\BackOfficeStorage\WRONG\MBX Does anyone know why this would happen, and how I can change this back? I tried the obvious which was edit the path to be \\.\BackOfficeStorage\CORRECT\MBX but that didn't work so well. I then deleted all virtual directories, and edited the metada.XML file to set the value to 0 (KB888033) Restarted services and the directories recreated. However Exchange local path is still wron...

Money and Windows Mobile 5.0 Devices
I've got a new Windows Mobile 5.0 device and have found that the PPC Money client for Money 2005 will not sync to it. From http://www.microsoft.com/money/MoneyForHandHeldDevices.mspx it appears Money 2004-6 will not sync but it doesn't mention anything about Money 2007...but I can't find a Windows Mobile Client for 2007. Is there anyway to get any version of Money to sync to a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? Thanks, Don Not at present, except by using third party software such as SPB Finance/ -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org See http://money.mvps.or...

CRM 3.0 Implementation

Can I show a number like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B?
I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Custom format: 0.0,,,"B" best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:262241F3-063E-4F97-B864-A629EC670112@microsoft.com... > I would like to reformat 10- and 11-digit the numbers (e.g. like > 1,935,674,923 as 1.9B). Can this be done? Dave, Use a custom format of #.#,,,"B" or 0.0,,,"B" depending on ho...

How can I get yesterdays date in a custom footer &[DATE]-1 does .
How can I get yesterdays date in a custom footer &[DATE]-1 does not work try =today()-1 chuck <chuck@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A51D4C3-07A5-48A8-A594-09F51D4B46A6@microsoft.com... > How can I get yesterdays date in a custom footer &[DATE]-1 does not work Chuck - You will have to manually or programmatically change the displayed date in the footer. There are no page setup codes that will put a different date in a footer. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTe...

Standard Reports on CRM 3.0
I am trying to setup CRM 3.0; I have set it up on sql 2005 and migrated the data from ACT with no errors. when I click on reports in workplace a message is displayed - an error has occurred - contact the system administrator. I ran the environment diagnostic tool and no errors appeared. Can anybody point me in the right direction to resolve this. For more detail error information you can turn on Dev Errors. To do this, log onto the Microsoft CRM Server. Open a File Explorer window and navigate to the folder where the Microsoft CRM web site is installed. Open the web.config and chang...

importing/exporting Outlook Express 6.0 Messages
Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edition: Following intruction for exporting/importing message fail! "Cannot initialize MAPI" Importing/exporting address book does not work either. Appreciate help. Thanks. Please post in an Outlook Express Group.: Microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress "joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16bf501c44845$c856ede0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook > Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edit...