PO problems after RMS 2.0 Upgrade

I just upgraded from RMS SO 1.3 to 2.0 in a 23 Lane environment.  Overall
everything went very well.
We have seen 3 problems, the first 2 of which were previously documented in
this forum.

1.  POS security error - correct by updating the Registry security access
2. Newly SKUed items have a default Qty of 1 not 0. - Easly corrected as
items are created if aware.
3. If 1 person is adding new items to RMS while another is creating a PO,
the new items show up
    on the PO.  This is occuring even when different suppliers are selected
by each person.  This is causing major
    Havoc with my Purchasing department.  Any thoughts or ideas would be
welcome!!

Thanks,

    TomT

0
ttaylor (69)
4/11/2007 6:46:39 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Hi TomT

I was the one that posted your third issue, where new items added by another
person appear in a PO being created by a different person; got a response
from Jeff at Checkpoint Software indicating this was a known issue going way
back...logged the incident with MS who were able to replicate it and have now
classified it as an official bug...whether they do something about this in R3
is to be seen....there's no real workaround, the only thing that you'll need
to do is on the PO that's being created, the system will prompt you that
there are items assigned to the PO that are NOT assigned to the supplier you
assigned to the PO, and will ask you if you want to keep these on the PO -
selecting NO will remove the foreign items from the PO - it'll be a major
problem though it the new items created are assigned to the same supplier
assigned on the PO - I don't know if RMS will prompt you to keep same vendor
items or not...your purchasing staff will need to do a check item by item to
make sure their POs are correct...best of luck and patience with this.

"TomT" wrote:

> I just upgraded from RMS SO 1.3 to 2.0 in a 23 Lane environment.  Overall
> everything went very well.
> We have seen 3 problems, the first 2 of which were previously documented in
> this forum.
>
> 1.  POS security error - correct by updating the Registry security access
> 2. Newly SKUed items have a default Qty of 1 not 0. - Easly corrected as
> items are created if aware.
> 3. If 1 person is adding new items to RMS while another is creating a PO,
> the new items show up
>     on the PO.  This is occuring even when different suppliers are selected
> by each person.  This is causing major
>     Havoc with my Purchasing department.  Any thoughts or ideas would be
> welcome!!
>
> Thanks,
>
>     TomT

0
convoluted (621)

Dynamics 10 Upgrade fails "product 949 does not support upgrading
I have installed new instance of Dynamics 10 with latest service pack (new folder). I ran utilities and before I even get a chance to upgrade the data, I receive and errors "Product 949 does not support upgrading from version 9.0.268." We have version 9.0 running fine with Field Service in the set file so why won't it upgrade?? We only use a small part of field service (historical lookups in SOP) so I can't just drop it. Since it's a self-installed module by default, how can it not upgrade??? I believe you have to be at least on 9.0.281 version of GP. I am no...

Lookup based on criteria in 2 columns

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Microsoft POS #2

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

docmd.transfertext problem

upgrade from mac office to pc?

SQL deadlock problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Exchange update problem

RMS development
Hello, I am new to RMS customization / development. Please correct me if I am wrong but there seem to be a very limited ways to customize the forms themselves apart from add-ins and additional patch forms called from new buttons. Is there a way to use the object model in QSRules (QSBridge does not have enough) to achieve more seamless integration of customer requirements that are not accounted for in the general product forms. I am thinking of changing some forms or replacing them with customized versions. I know that forms are 'locked up' in the exe. Sounds like re-write j...

RMS and PCI certification
I need some help on the RMS not being PCI/PABP/CISP I have read the RMS Data Security Standard, but it still does not make RMS PCI/PABP/CISP and put them on the list provided by Visa . What is everyone using as a solution and what is everyone doing for clients who are using the built in EDC that doesnt meet current standards? Maurice, We have been using the PC Charge for our credit cards with RMS. PC Charge has a new version 5.7.1i SP8 out that address the PCI standard. Ed "Maurice Gordon" wrote: > I need some help on the RMS not being PCI/PABP/CISP > > I hav...

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Linker Error after upgrade from VC7.1

Please ignore #2

Excel Problem

SOAP Exception