Physical Inventory question #2

I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that
does NOT include items with a qty of 0.  I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0.

First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done.

Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all
items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark
them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of
Inactive = No.

Do others run their physical inventories this way?

Any suggestions are welcome.

Wendy
0
WendyI (37)
12/28/2005 4:46:05 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I think filtering based on the active/inactive status makes much better
sense, I personally would never filter my physical inventory based on
quantity anyway becuase how do you know for sure that the supposedly zero
quantity is correct?

For example, what if the perpetual count in RMS shows a zero because the
item of a given item is sold.  However the item gets returned to the store
but no return is recorded in RMS.  So your physical count when done is going
to include this item, but if you are filtering out zero quantities in your
physical inventory you won't be able to include this in your count in RMS.

I just don't see why they would want to filter this way - my two cents

hth
kevin

"Wendy_I" wrote:

> I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that
> does NOT include items with a qty of 0.  I don't see a filter for OnHand <> 0.
>
> First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done.
>
> Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all
> items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark
> them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of
> Inactive = No.
>
> Do others run their physical inventories this way?
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

> Wendy
0
kskinne (224)
12/28/2005 5:10:04 PM
Thanks, Jeff!

This is perfect!  I will, however, continue to suggest printing out a sheet
with items who have quantities of zero.  She explained how she wanted to use
this and I still think it's more cumbersome for her, but at least she has the
option to do this the way she wants to.

Thanks again!
Wendy

"Jeff" wrote:

> Wendy_I,
>
> I've attached our modified Inventory Count Sheet that will work.  Copy it
> into the Reports folder under RMS, then look for it in the Reports | Custom
> section.
>
> But like Kevin mentioned, they really shouldn't filter on that formula.
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the M$ Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>

> --
> *
> "Wendy_I" <WendyI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a store owner who would like to run a Physical Inventory Sheet that
> does NOT include items with a qty of 0.  I don't see a filter for OnHand <>
> 0.
>
> First, I'd like to see if anybody knows if something like this CAN be done.
>
> Secondly, I've suggested (and gave her instructions) on how to take all
> items that have zero quantities that she no longer wants to sell, and mark
> them as inactive first, then do a physical inventory based on the filter of
> Inactive = No.
>
> Do others run their physical inventories this way?
>
> Any suggestions are welcome.

> Wendy

0
WendyI (37)

Pass Through to SQL Server Optimization Questions
On an autoexec function several recordsets are opened. Some are queries to local tables, some are to sql server tables. I have been trying to optimize performance but I haven't seen much difference in speed between queries run directly against linked SQL Server tables vs pass through queries. Here is my code for creating the pass throughs (I have another function OpenRecordSetLocal that handles queries to tables within the frontend. The ODBC connection string resides in the query Q_PassThrough. Am I missing something key? Is there a better way to do this? Thanks. Function OpenRecord...

parsing a date and time field #2

Physical Inventory Count Service Provider
Would someone be able to recommend a service provider that would be able to come in an apparel retail store and do a physical inventory count? we've tried newestech handhelds, but we just dont have the right staff to do it. TIA -- Eddie B No suggestions? We are in Southern California. -- Eddie B "Eddie B" wrote: > Would someone be able to recommend a service provider that would be able to > come in an apparel retail store and do a physical inventory count? we've > tried newestech handhelds, but we just dont have the right staff to do it. > > TIA ...

Money Central Portfolio #2

macro #2

merging 2 cells without losing data?

Statements #2

Macro

Chart "Benchmark" Line Graph Question
I am generating a graph of many team's monthly audit productivity percentages (bar graph) with a "benchmark" (line graph) at 95% (y axis) across 6 month period (x axis). The problem is that the line graph appears on the graph but the ends of the line are centered in the end columns (left & right). Is there as simple way to extend the benchmark line out to the edges of the graph? MJ Have a great day and live life with passion! ...

Sum amount if = 2 value's

Excel pivot table #2

Outlook Express 6 Spell Check #2
I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a problem with spell check. When you send an email, it says "spell check has been haulted, do you want to send anyway" and if I ask it to spell check, it says an error has occured in spell check. All my spelling options are correctly set, so I don't know what the problem is. Kimberly McNabb <knmcnabb@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am using Outlook Express 6 on Windows XP, and I have a > problem with spell check. Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Database #2
Hi I'm new to Outlook. I hear of an Outlook database in other threads. Is this synonymous with the ..pst or .ost files people mention? Does it corrupt often and if so are there tools to repair it? Regards Craig. There's a utility called ScanPST.EXE that will scan and attempt to repair the file. Yes, typically when a user says Outlook database they're referring to their PST file "Craig Roberts" <craigroberts@jkr.co.uk> wrote in message news:C4C8E141.211DE%craigroberts@jkr.co.uk... > Hi > > I'm new to Outlook. > > I hear of an Outlook d...

unique with 2 columns

Excel number formatting #2

host unreachable #2
hi, if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi queue im using E5,5 sp4 thks Is that for all domains, even for Yahoo and Hotmail? Rick wrote: > hi, > > if i send a email with a wrong address or mispelled it, i > don't get a message that the address, destination is wrong > until 4 days later after being deletedj from the outgoi > queue > > im using E5,5 sp4 > > thks ...

Closing Excel #2
I have inherited an App desigend by an ex employee Sometimes the program leaves Excel in the task manager The programe uses various routines and calling various functions that define Excel sheets etc (badly named) I'm finding it hard to follow (my 1st experince of .NET) is there a way to KILL any Excel instence when exiting the program. I have come across some posts about GC (garbage collection) like this System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWsheet) oXLWsheet = Nothing 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.ReleaseComObject(oXLWs) oXLWs = Nothing oBook.Clos...

hidden transactions #2
I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I tried to find out why, I got some greyed out transaction when I went from bill schedule through right click to payee. This transaction cannot be changed or deleted, but in total all such transactions made up the difference in balance. Any suggestions? Oscar -- Elvart In microsoft.public.money, elvigor wrote: >I have a problem with account balances: the balance for checking is way off >on the hiome page than in the account register view. When I ...

Area Chart Question
Hello, I am graphing an area chart off a table of numbers. Is there a way to show the summary totals in the data table that I am showing on the graph without having the totals appear on the area graph itself? John John, Unfortunately the data tables are not going to give you a lot of flexibility. Whatever is in the chart is going to show up on the data table. To get around this restriction, I would suggest creating a data table made of worksheet cells as opposed to using the standard data table. The link below describes the process: http://www.pdbook.com/index.php/excel/a_simple...

Payment on Account receipt question
When I apply a payment to customer's account, a receipt prints with an entire history of the customer's purchases. Is there a way to limit this information, as some of my customer's history is quite extensive. Thank you in advance for your help. I would go into the xml for the receipt you are looking forward. You should be able to add another <for> loop in the section that writes out your history to have it stop at an arbitrary number. I haven't tried it, but something like the following, right inside your for loop for history, should work <set name="Hi...

Stats/PivotTables #2
I have to produce stats from data exported as a CSV file from a piece of custom made software we use here. The data displayed in Excel looks like this: 01/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 01/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 05:31 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 02/04/2003 08:56 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:16 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY 03/04/2003 11:42 Dr JESSICA STROUDLEY I have to produce a spreadsheet saying how many examinations were done by a particular doctor over a certain timespan. Each date li...

How did I break the cell display limit? #2
If there is anyone out there who can help with this, I would be most most grateful. Here's the facts: - I'm working in a MS Excel worksheet. - I am aware of Excel's 255-character-per-cell display limit. (As understand it, each cell can hold up to 32,000 characters, but wil only display/print 255 characters.) This is a major pain in th petunski, as most of my cells contain more than 255 characters Therefore, most of my spreadsheet shows cells that look like this ###############. I have to look in the formula bar to see the actua contents of each cell. - In cell C35, I have 1,05...

OWA Setup Questions #2
Hi All, I am attempting to install the newly released owaadmin tool. My IIS server currently hosts 3 websites all of which are published to their own urls via host headers all of the sites are using ssl. When Installing the owaadmin tool, it creates a new "Default Web Site" as the orginal "Default Web Site" has been renamed. The new "Default Web Site" contains only the files and path names pointing to "%systemroot%\Program Files\Outlook Web Access Administration" what I am doing is removing this new "Default Web Site" site using the I...

backing up to a CD-RW #2
When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do not have administartor's privlidges to do so. I have Windows XP, and I am the administrator and only active account. I have double-checked and I am listed as the computer's administrator. Is this a "Money" administrator, or computer administrator? m> When i attempt to backup to a CD-RW, I am instructed that I do m> not have administartor's privlidges to do so. I have Windows m> XP, and I am the administrator and only active account. I m> have double-checked and I am listed as the compute...