Physical Inventory Import File - Error Message (#2147217900)

We have just finished counting inventory and I want to upload the physical
counts .  I am trying to import a physical inventory file (Tab delimited)
but I get the following error message before the import is aborted:

 Error #-2147217900   Cannot resolve the collation conflict between
"Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to
operation.   (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)   (SQL
State: 42000)   (NativeError: 468)   No Help file available  UPDATE
[##ST_Validation_1]
SET ImportStatus = 3
, ItemID = Item.ID
FROM Item INNER JOIN [##ST_Validation_1] ON Item.ItemLookupCode =
[##ST_Validation_1].ItemLookupCode

Any insight into this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Gil

0
info6704 (1)
2/5/2009 6:23:38 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

GOto Store Administrator - log in wit SA password.  Then access Database =>
Colation Setting - and when you get he screen press Enter to make the
database Collation and SQL collation become the same.

Then all will work.

Afshin Alikhani - afshin@retailrealm.co.uk
Retail Realm
= = = = = = =
"Gil" <info@gardenroom.ca> wrote in message
> We have just finished counting inventory and I want to upload the physical
> counts .  I am trying to import a physical inventory file (Tab delimited)
> but I get the following error message before the import is aborted:
>
> Error #-2147217900   Cannot resolve the collation conflict between
> "Latin1_General_CI_AS" and "SQL_Latin1_General_CP1_CI_AS" in the equal to
> operation.   (Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server)   (SQL
> State: 42000)   (NativeError: 468)   No Help file available  UPDATE
> [##ST_Validation_1]
> SET ImportStatus = 3
> , ItemID = Item.ID
> FROM Item INNER JOIN [##ST_Validation_1] ON Item.ItemLookupCode =
> [##ST_Validation_1].ItemLookupCode
>
> Any insight into this would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Gil

0
afshin (783)
2/5/2009 7:29:18 AM
Be wary if this is in an HQ Environment. if you start changing
collations and HQ/Store collations are different, then HQ Client comms
may stop working.

From within SO Admin, Database > Collation - Check the Server
Collation is the same as the Database collation.

All Server/Database collations should be identical across the business.

Using Relative path for XML data file?

How to repair a .dll file in IE8

RMS V2 and QSC Import
I have successfully imported several of my customers products using the QSC Import tool as a test but am unable to import the items with any association with sales tax? The default Sales Tax is TAX which is what I plan on using but once imported it creates a new item code TAX so now I have two? I plan on importing several hundred products and any help would be much appreciated. -Jess Reference- https://mbs.microsoft.com/partnersource/products/rms/downloads/releases/rms_so_importutility.htm i use the same tool but i dont tell the import utility anything about tax. import the items witho...

Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"
In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though option is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing Html format by default.However can drop down the list and select the Unicode format. But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save as" any email. Any Suggestion ? Regards, Sam That is not possible and that is not what this option controls. The option controls whether the default safe fo...

Linking files 2 ways

File size #11

find action on log file

Maximum file sizes

message delivery problems

Document Viewer installer error

CSV Files and VLOOKUP error

Error 550 Relaying denied

errror message
error message: the selected assistant character is not available. microsoft outlook cannot install the neccessary files due to windows installer error 1605. this action is only valid for products that are currently installed. anyone please advise? ...

Help with importing data