Physical inventory formula problems

I am having a problem with the physical inventory feature. This is the example

I pull a Item Value List report with only supplier as the filter. The total
on this report is as follows QTY: -5   EXTENDED COST - $10 (these are
minus's)
Now I  go to the physical inventory and select NEW then ONLY ITEMS FROM
SELECTED SUPPLIERS and I choose the same supplier I choose on the ITEM VALUE
LIST I choose to update maching item and replace existing items. I am
importing 10 of the item that had a -5 when I started. Now when I calulate
now expected should read what my ITEM VALUE LIST started with which was -$10
but instead this is starting with a +$10???????? Those items were already
sold so my beginning inventory should not have been $10 it should have been
-$10. Right? This is how i think the formula is for the Summary EXPECTED
VALUE + OVER VALUE - UNDER VALUE= total of that supplier (or what ever your
filter is) If the formula is what i think it is that would mean that my total
would be $40 Which is not right. But when I run a report in Item Value list
again the correct total is right.
0
DougPicNPac (141)
8/14/2008 2:57:01 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Is no one else seeing this problem??? If anyone is using this to see how much
is missing from inventory your figures are wrong if you have any minus in
your inventory

"Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote:

> I am having a problem with the physical inventory feature. This is the example
>
> I pull a Item Value List report with only supplier as the filter. The total
> on this report is as follows QTY: -5   EXTENDED COST - $10 (these are
> minus's)
> Now I  go to the physical inventory and select NEW then ONLY ITEMS FROM
> SELECTED SUPPLIERS and I choose the same supplier I choose on the ITEM VALUE
> LIST I choose to update maching item and replace existing items. I am
> importing 10 of the item that had a -5 when I started. Now when I calulate
> now expected should read what my ITEM VALUE LIST started with which was -$10
> but instead this is starting with a +$10???????? Those items were already
> sold so my beginning inventory should not have been $10 it should have been
> -$10. Right? This is how i think the formula is for the Summary EXPECTED
> VALUE + OVER VALUE - UNDER VALUE= total of that supplier (or what ever your
> filter is) If the formula is what i think it is that would mean that my total
> would be $40 Which is not right. But when I run a report in Item Value list
> again the correct total is right.
0
DougPicNPac (141)
8/15/2008 2:32:01 PM
sorry no help, but plenty PLENTY errors in RMS. Be careful basing real
business figures in what you see!
PLANTY ERORS (intended)

"Doug Pic-N-Pac" <DougPicNPac@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is no one else seeing this problem??? If anyone is using this to see how
> much
> is missing from inventory your figures are wrong if you have any minus in
> your inventory
>

> "Doug Pic-N-Pac" wrote:
>
>> I am having a problem with the physical inventory feature. This is the
>> example
>>
>> I pull a Item Value List report with only supplier as the filter. The
>> total
>> on this report is as follows QTY: -5   EXTENDED COST - $10 (these are
>> minus's)
>> Now I  go to the physical inventory and select NEW then ONLY ITEMS FROM
>> SELECTED SUPPLIERS and I choose the same supplier I choose on the ITEM
>> VALUE
>> LIST I choose to update maching item and replace existing items. I am
>> importing 10 of the item that had a -5 when I started. Now when I
>> calulate
>> now expected should read what my ITEM VALUE LIST started with which
>> was -$10
>> but instead this is starting with a +$10???????? Those items were already
>> sold so my beginning inventory should not have been $10 it should have
>> been
>> -$10. Right? This is how i think the formula is for the Summary EXPECTED
>> VALUE + OVER VALUE - UNDER VALUE= total of that supplier (or what ever
>> your
>> filter is) If the formula is what i think it is that would mean that my
>> total
>> would be $40 Which is not right. But when I run a report in Item Value
>> list
>> again the correct total is right.

0
danl1 (71)

Problem with CFTPConnection

Here is fix for Windows file problems

Excel 97 Win XP calc problem?

OL2002 Problem : HELP, SOS, MAYDAY

request to solve my problem #5

Help With Margin Formula

Formula to display nearest following Thursday in mm/dd/yyyy format
Hello, I have been reading and trying different suggestions here to no avail. What I need is a formula to calculate the nearest following thursday, and display it in mm/dd/yyyy format. To be clear, I have a column of varying dates. I need a formula to return the next thursday for each of those dates. To illustrate, say I have 05/22/2010, 05/23/201, 05/24/2010, & 05/26/2010 in cells A1 through A4. In cells B1 through B4, I would like to see 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, 05/27/2010, & 05/27/2010 representing the following thursday. Thank you for your help! BW T...

Excel List Sorting Problem (Descending)

Find Highest Score In List Formula
Hello all, I'm looking to return the highest score for a users with multiple scores in a list of other users with multiple scores. Thank you, Ron Say the data is like: frank 56 joe 9 frank 74 frank 101 jim 143 jim 146 joe 200 frank 164 joe 135 joe 127 joe 177 jim 10 jim 135 jim 53 frank 190 joe 109 jim 193 jim 29 jim 8 jim 107 joe 93 joe 9 jim 153 jim 186 joe 36 jim 174 jim 141 frank 55 jim 92 frank 141 joe 15 frank 5 frank 34 joe 161 jim 103 joe 88 and we want the max score for frank: =MAX(IF(A1:A36="frank",B1:B36,""...

Printing problem in booklet format

Simple Formula
I have a formula, bt4/37 (bt4 = 6) and it returns 5. However, my calculator and an Access database returns 16. Can someone tell me why Excel returns 5? thanks. -- Kat3n hi, Either I'm reading this post incorrectly or you have a broken calculator and are gettting results out of excel & access that are equally incorrect. 6/37= 0.162 recurring So if we assume that your result of 16 is a typo and you meant .16 there must be something your not telling us about the formula your using in Excel. How is the 6 derived in BT4 ? What is the format of BT4 ? Post the pr...

Money deluxe 2007 password problem
When I update my bank account transactions I get a message saying that my account was not updated because my password is incorrect. I then go into account info and have to update my password. I save the update, but then it happens again sporadically when I open Money at later times. Is there a way to fix this glitch? ...

problem opening up program/file

Translating Formulas to Functions
I'm hoping someone here can set me on the right path via an example so that I can complete this onerous task. Currently I have a spreadsheet for fantasy football that I maintain. The Workbook (Excel 2003) has the following worksheets Sheet 1 = Named Totals Sheets 2 - 18 = Named Week1, Week2, Week3, etc to Week17 Sheet19 = Status Sheet 20 = Roster Roster has 5 columns, 1 for each player position (QB, RB, WR, K, Def) Under each column is listed the person or team for that slot. Status has 18 columns and 44 rows. Some rows are blank or just contain a description. Column 1...