Physical inventory #6

I used 3 systems to take inventory, at the end of the day I received an error
message stating that "File could not be saved , because it was changed by
another user" We were all working on the same physical inventory file. Is my
error in that I should have 3 files open and each system work on its own
file? Will the inventory numbers come out correctly, if we use 3 files? Any
help would be greatly appreciated.
0
akpetshop (47)
7/26/2005 1:36:02 AM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

akpetshop wrote:
> Is my error in that I should have 3 files open and each system work on its own
> file?
Yes.. is your error. You can't use the same file from 3 clients without
sharing system.. and for a text file or document the system not provide
support for sharing.

 > Will the inventory numbers come out correctly, if we use 3 files? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
The 3 clients work on the same item-inventory or no?

Antonio
0
amazzeo (368)
7/26/2005 2:43:41 AM
This is the same database file, and the same physical inventory file.

"Antonio Mazzeo" wrote:

> akpetshop wrote:
> > Is my error in that I should have 3 files open and each system work on its own
> > file?
> Yes.. is your error. You can't use the same file from 3 clients without
> sharing system.. and for a text file or document the system not provide
> support for sharing.
>
>  > Will the inventory numbers come out correctly, if we use 3 files? Any
> > help would be greatly appreciated.
> The 3 clients work on the same item-inventory or no?
>
> Antonio

0
akpetshop (47)
7/26/2005 3:08:03 AM
akpetshop wrote:
> This is the same database file, and the same physical inventory file.

and 3 clients work on same items?

Example: first client get inventory on wine area, second client on food
area.. and 3° on BLABLABLA area ..

or no?

antonio
0
amazzeo (368)
7/26/2005 4:29:20 AM
We all worked on different items.

"Antonio Mazzeo" wrote:

> akpetshop wrote:
> > This is the same database file, and the same physical inventory file.
> >
> and 3 clients work on same items?
>
> Example: first client get inventory on wine area, second client on food
> area.. and 3° on BLABLABLA area ..
>
> or no?
>
> antonio

0
akpetshop (47)
7/26/2005 4:32:10 AM
Check the Register Number for all pc's, Store Administrator
Configurations->Register

"akpetshop" wrote:

> I used 3 systems to take inventory, at the end of the day I received an error
> message stating that "File could not be saved , because it was changed by
> another user" We were all working on the same physical inventory file. Is my
> error in that I should have 3 files open and each system work on its own
> file? Will the inventory numbers come out correctly, if we use 3 files? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
0
Randall1 (17)
7/26/2005 5:59:02 AM
Registers 1,2,3

"Randall" wrote:

> Check the Register Number for all pc's, Store Administrator
> Configurations->Register
>
> "akpetshop" wrote:
>
> > I used 3 systems to take inventory, at the end of the day I received an error
> > message stating that "File could not be saved , because it was changed by
> > another user" We were all working on the same physical inventory file. Is my
> > error in that I should have 3 files open and each system work on its own
> > file? Will the inventory numbers come out correctly, if we use 3 files? Any
> > help would be greatly appreciated.
0
akpetshop (47)
7/26/2005 6:16:16 PM
Each station should have been working on its own worksheet, not the same
worksheet. And you should select different groups of items (by supplier,
dept/category, whatever). You can't count the same item on different
worksheets and add them together, but you can count the same item on the same
worksheet and add the counts together.

"akpetshop" wrote:

> I used 3 systems to take inventory, at the end of the day I received an error
> message stating that "File could not be saved , because it was changed by
> another user" We were all working on the same physical inventory file. Is my
> error in that I should have 3 files open and each system work on its own
> file? Will the inventory numbers come out correctly, if we use 3 files? Any
> help would be greatly appreciated.
0
mark564 (750)
7/27/2005 2:35:03 AM
Thank-you everyone for your help. I have started and will finish soon. Thanks
again

"Mark" wrote:

> Each station should have been working on its own worksheet, not the same
> worksheet. And you should select different groups of items (by supplier,
> dept/category, whatever). You can't count the same item on different
> worksheets and add them together, but you can count the same item on the same
> worksheet and add the counts together.
>
> "akpetshop" wrote:
>
> > I used 3 systems to take inventory, at the end of the day I received an error
> > message stating that "File could not be saved , because it was changed by
> > another user" We were all working on the same physical inventory file. Is my
> > error in that I should have 3 files open and each system work on its own
> > file? Will the inventory numbers come out correctly, if we use 3 files? Any
> > help would be greatly appreciated.
0
akpetshop (47)

Inventory Tracking
I need to create an inventory tracking sheet for multiple items. Basically, I want to enter an item and depending whether I am subtracting an amount of a specific item or adding a specific item...I can keep a running total of Stock on hand for that particular item as well as all other items on the sheet. Because different items will be added to the sheet, what is the best way to set up with the worksheet and what formula should I use so that as add information (items) it is tracked to determine current stock on hand for that specific item? I'm thinking that it should be a relative ...

How can i get an inventory list that adds and subtracts inventory
If anyone has any sugestions on how I can create an exel spread sheet to add and subtract inventory please let me know. ...

Outlook Express 6 #54
When I am in Newsgroups and havee aa lot of items and want to close them, OE will ofton "hang" when I click "mark aall read". This throws me out of Outlook and onto my desktop. Using Media Center Edition 2005 XP. Does anyone else experience this? TIA Donald Sessler <sloopokespam@opto.net> wrote: > When I am in Newsgroups and havee aa lot of items and want to close > them, OE will ofton "hang" when I click "mark aall read". This throws > me out of Outlook and onto my desktop. Using Media Center Edition > 2005 XP. Does anyone else...

Obsolete / inactive items available to sales / inventory processin
Hi all, Does anyone know of a way to disallow obsolete/inactive items from being available for selection on sales orders? Thanks, -- Jim Bourque Two steps: first, in Setup->Sales->Sales Order Processing->Options, uncheck the option to allow sale of discontinued items. Second, mark those items Discontinued in the Item Card. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Jim B" wrote: > Hi all, > > Does anyo...

Workaround for Opening Word 6 Files (other than File>Open)?
Hi all, I know in Word 2008 I can open my Word 6 files using File>Open. This works fine but annoys the heck out of me. MS has made a "security" choice here that is about *their* security from possible lawsuits, not *my* security from possible phishers. Sheesh, I am trying to look at my dissertation; no one has embedded dangerous code in it! So, my question is: Is there a workaround for this? Ideally there'd be a preference to turn off this "feature," but I'm sure there isn't one. Alternately, perhaps a way to batch change the document type on o...

VC++6.0: Access violation while creating wizard with PropertySheet
I'm attempting to create a wizard using the tutorial at http://devcentral.iftech.com/articles/MFC/wizards/default.php. I've gotten as far as creating a dialog, associating it with a class derived from CPropertyPage, and adding that to a CPropertySheet dialog. Also, I call SetWizardMode in the appropriate place. It runs fine on XP. On ME, I get an access violation the SECOND time I run it, not the first. The accessviolation happens after calling CWizardDlg's DoModal method, specifically when the PropertySheet function is called. Once I get the access violation, I keep get...

Inventory Items-Item Type of Misc charge
Is there any way to have an Inventory Type of 'Misc Charge', so that when I add the item to a sales order, it will backorder the qty on the sales order instead of putting the quantity in qty to invoice field? We have items that are 'Misc Charge' type, that we won't invoice until sometime in the future. thanks! -- Doug Since a Misc charge is not an inventory item, you can't be short of the item. However, do you have "Use Separate Fulfillment" checked in the doc ID? This requires you to mark the items to be invoiced and enter the quantity shipped. T...

Bar Chart #6
Hi All I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar chart to show how many meet the target? In a line graph I just add a target column to create the target line but this will not work with a bar chart Any help greatly appreciated Kind regards Rexmann opps forgot to say using Excel 2003 "rexmann" wrote: > Hi All > > I have a bar chart with different percentages displayed as the columns. Or > target is 70%. Is it possible to have a target line added to the bar cha...

Fixed Assets Import (6 months ago)
Hello: It really is a moot point. The situation is over, my clients are happy, and I am able to import fixed assets just fine. But, six months ago and right before service pack 1 for GP 9.0 was released, for the first time ever I was unable to import fixed assets. The FA Import Tool would show--on the "surface"--that all of my assets imported. But, the fact of the matter was that the assets did NOT import. And, there were no error messages givens to why! I had opened up a case with Microsoft, at that time. They admitted that they could not solve the mystery. And, they s...

Can use Quickscan when doing physical inventory?
I am getting prepared to start the first physical inventory using RMS. My plan was to use a laptop and a barcode scanner connected wirelessly to RMS. Folowing the instructions for setting up a physical inventory, I clicked 'new' and saw the options of add, delete and import but no option for "quick scan" as the instructions say. Does the option of scanning directly into RMS exist? Does anyone have any experience in scanning into a different file and then importing into RMS? Would this be easier? If it is easier, any thoughts on what program to scan into? I'm eagerl...

Upgrade 6.0->7.5->8.0 with PA
I am conducting a test upgrade from 6.0 to 8.0 through 7.5 with Project Accounting on a test server. The PA conversion to 7.5 took about 11 hours which is manageable but the conversion to 8.0 has already taken 3 days! and is still running. It has spent most of the time on one particular task and I wondered if anyone else has experienced this and if there is any way to improve the situation. All I can see from SQL Profiler is that the auto-procedure zDP_RM00401SS_1 is being called for each row of that table in turn sometimes many times for the same row. There are about 28000 rows and I&...

Unhandled Script Exception #6
Hello, Has anyone encountered the error: EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_DIVIDE_BY_ZERO SCRIPT_CMD_DIV ....this occurs when doing an auto-invoice in POP any ideas will be appreciated thanks, timber ...

outlook express 6 to outlook express 2000
how do I transfer my address book from one computer running outlook express 6 to my new computer running outlook express 2000. Thanks Bob There is no such Outlook Express version as 2000...did you mean Outlook 2000, or did you mean some other version of OE? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Bob" <brubaker@bendcable.com> wrote in message news:05b501c34a6e$da07fb40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > how do I transfer my address book from o...

Excel 2007 #6
dlaczego zamiast przecinka dziesiętnego wstawia prostokąt Right-Click any cell in any worksheet and select [Remove Me from the Gene Pool] from the list presented. "leszek" wrote: > dlaczego zamiast przecinka dziesiętnego wstawia prostokąt ...

Merging workbooks #6
I share information through excel and both parties update the same worksheet. Is there an easy way to merge or synchronize the two workbooks? ...

6 in 1 combo driver-need a driver
I have a USB-HUB 6 in 1 combo card reader with 3 USBs that I need to attached to my laptop that only has one USB (work laptop, not my choice). When connected it says "USB not recognized" ; I have seen this in the past and have removed the battery and still says the same thing. I had it working, although everytime I bumped it, it would install and uninstall.....I looked at properties and it does not have a driver, and no roll back driver , of course. I have looked but most programs do not autodetect this device. My combo has no identifying name and I bought in on line...

Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 Recovery Storage Groups
Hello, I am running Netbackup 6.0MP3 and Exchange 2003 in a clustered environment. I am attempting to restore from Netbackup a copy of one of our Exchange DBs to mount in my Recovery Storage Group. Anyone else have a similar setup that can shed some light on how to do this? My initial idea was to restore the priv.edb and priv.stm files and manually mount them in the Recovery storage group, but I have seen other posts mentioning restoring straight to the Recovery Storage Group. Documentation for Netbackup doesn't say specifically how to do this. I wouldn't mind doing this manually...

forms #6
i have the following working within a macro:. 'copy the data to the database ws.Cells(iRow, 1).Value = Me.txtPart.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 2).Value = Me.txtLoc.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 3).Value = Me.txtDate.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 4).Value = Me.txtQty.Value Is there any way a can change this to do the following:- when i open the form it moves to the next column, for example if i allocate cell AF 21 then the next time i open the form it would go to cell AG21 Thanks Monty Sorry the full macro is this Private Sub cmdAdd_Click() Dim iRow As Long Dim ws As Worksheet Set ws = Worksheets("Part...

Importing email/address book from Netscape 6.2
I can't figure out how to import emails or the address book from my Netscape 6.2 email client program. The only import options my version of Microsoft Outlook seems to allow is Netscape Mail 2.x, 3.x. Anybody know what I need to do? Thanks, Terry ...

Outlook Wont Open #6
Outlook does not open on my PC. I am running Vista OS and have Office 2007 installed. When I try to open Outlook the icon displays in the system tray and shows as an open program in task manager but will not pop up and display at all so I cant access my emails. Rebooting and ending the program in task manager doesnt make any difference. Please help. If you double click the icon in the system tray, does Outlook pop up? "J" <J@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:487459AB-8DF9-49AC-BF11-DF2B2494EE91@microsoft.com... > Outlook does not open on my PC. I am...

Comments #6
I did some editing and now when I chose to show my comments they are all a thousand rows down. I have about a hundred of them. Do I have to straighten them all one at a time are is there someway I can straighten all of them to be with the cell they belong too. I am trying to save myself about 2 or 3 hours of work. Richard Use this macro from Debra Dalgleish. Sub ResetComments() Dim cmt As Comment For Each cmt In ActiveSheet.Comments cmt.Shape.Top = cmt.Parent.Top + 5 cmt.Shape.Left = _ cmt.Parent.Offset(0, 1).Left + 5 Next End Sub If not familiar with VBA and macros, see ...

Money 2004 #6
I experienced a problem using Money 2004 that I thought I would check and see if anyone else has experience. Last week, Money 2004 automatically entered bills for August 2004 into my register approximately 1 month ahead of their due date. I tried deleting them to bring the account balance current, and when that didn't work, I tried disabling and re-enabling online services. I only fixed the issue when I actually restored my data from a back up disc from a few days prior to the issue. I just was curious if other users have experience a similiar issue. Thanks! ...

Outlook 2003 Rules #6
I access my exchange 2003 mailbox from outlook2003/windows xp pro. The exchange 2003 runs on a stand-alone server. I am trying to forward e-mail sent to me from particular user to a specific user. I want the forwarding to take place even when my windows xp pro is not on. I have setup the Rule Wizard's descritption as follows: Apply this rule after the message arrives from (user@abc.com) forward it to user@xyz.com This rule is checked. Would anyone know why the e-mail sent from user@abc.com doesn't get forwarded to user@xyz.com? or perhaps there is another way to accomplish th...

CMemFile not working in VC++ 6.0 RELEASE mode
I am using VC++ 6.0 and have a multi-threaded application (exe & multiple DLLs) which seem to be having a CMemFile object getting clobbered when running in release mode. It does not happen in debug mode. When running in the debugger, the calling thread that builds the memory file reports: GetPosition = 0 GetLength = 228 ptr to memfile = aa2238 the method GetTextLineNOF is passed a ptr to CMemFile and reports: GetPosition = 0 GetLength = 228 ptr to memfile = aa2238 Which agrees as expected. ==== However when running in RELEASE mode: the calling thread that builds the memory file rep...

Help please #6
i was updating XP pro on a cpu that was running 98Se and it has gotten stuck in the middle of setup. totally frozen i restared it and the setup began where it left off where it stopped for like 30 sec and now it's stopped again now i just get a blue screen. what can i do i tried to restart in safe mode and last good config but it just goes back to the same place. what can i do is there anything?? i hope so please!!!! i really need some of the info on the hard drve. what can do?????? thanks tony This needs to be posted to one of the microsoft.public.windowsxp newsgroups, not the Ex...