PCI DSS Compliance Standards for RMS 1.3R and previous versions

RMS 2.0 is listed as a compliant software for the PCI DSS Compliance
Standards that were released in September 2007.  But what about RMS 1.3R and
previous versions?  If RMS 1.3R is not compliant, is the retail store
considered to be compliant if they are using RMS 1.3 and PCCharge as their
third party credit card processing. (using a version of PCCharge that is
compliant).

Is it required to upgrade to RMS 2.0 in all scenerios to be compliant. Or is
it required to upgrade in the scenerio that you are not using a third party
compliant software?

Thanks in advance. - Andy Miller - RVP Business Systems dba of Teknor, Inc.
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

hi Andy, just give you my guess whenever new version comes with old version
the service packs comes same happen with RMS 1.3 and they have release the
service pack for it. I belive it is service pack 1 try to find from
partner/customer source. I am sorry I don't have access currently to download
 Because 1.3R is iteself SP for 1.2 version. see the below link.

http://www.tang.com.au/assets/Downloads/MicrosoftRMS/RMS%201.3%20Hotfix%20List/RMS%20Hotfix%20List%203-11-2006.pdf

"Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." wrote:

> RMS 2.0 is listed as a compliant software for the PCI DSS Compliance
> Standards that were released in September 2007.  But what about RMS 1.3R and
> previous versions?  If RMS 1.3R is not compliant, is the retail store
> considered to be compliant if they are using RMS 1.3 and PCCharge as their
> third party credit card processing. (using a version of PCCharge that is
> compliant).
>
> Is it required to upgrade to RMS 2.0 in all scenerios to be compliant. Or is
> it required to upgrade in the scenerio that you are not using a third party
> compliant software?
>
> Thanks in advance. - Andy Miller - RVP Business Systems dba of Teknor, Inc.
0
AkberAlwani (916)
10/3/2007 6:24:02 PM
Andy,

Having been through this already, according to Hartland, if you are using a
compliant version of PCCharge, they will accept you as complient.  Unless
your orders are coming from a Website where the shopping cart is not
complient.

TomT
"Andy Miller - Teknor, Inc." <AndyMillerTeknorInc@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:D3279BE0-F1CC-4E9C-A6F0-929785D5F3C3@microsoft.com...
> RMS 2.0 is listed as a compliant software for the PCI DSS Compliance
> Standards that were released in September 2007.  But what about RMS 1.3R
> and
> previous versions?  If RMS 1.3R is not compliant, is the retail store
> considered to be compliant if they are using RMS 1.3 and PCCharge as their
> third party credit card processing. (using a version of PCCharge that is
> compliant).
>
> Is it required to upgrade to RMS 2.0 in all scenerios to be compliant. Or
> is
> it required to upgrade in the scenerio that you are not using a third
> party
> compliant software?
>
> Thanks in advance. - Andy Miller - RVP Business Systems dba of Teknor,
> Inc.

0
ttaylor (69)

Is document imaging available in windows 7 version of office?
I want to do OCR. On Wed, 17 Feb 2010 20:00:01 -0800, vlhiker <vlhiker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to do OCR. See the answer to your previous question. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

does anyone know how to connect RMS database and yahoo web-site?
I am trying to find out how we can connect RMS database and yahoo website. I really like to find out whether it is possible to connect to each other, and keep track of inventory at real time. in addition, if i want to make P.O. from web-site, can it be transferred to database from web-site to RMS d.b ?? thanx. I think HQ can do that for you. "andy" wrote: > I am trying to find out how we can connect RMS database and yahoo website. > > I really like to find out whether it is possible to connect to each other, > > and keep track of inventory at real time. &g...

MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version. Reinstall does not fix!
Outlook installed as part of Office Pro 2003 but gives repetitive message when reinstall of Outlook is accomplished as recommended by error message. The message says MAPI32.DLL is corrupt or wrong version. It says to reinstall Microsoft Outlook to correct problem. Search reveals 3 files mapi32.dll, MAPI32.DLL and MSMAPI32.DLL. Would deleting any of these files help the problem? Thanks for any suggestions. Rename them, don't delete. By the way, you didn't mention what operating system you are using... so the best I can say is that Outlook 2003 uses the MAPI32.DLL @ \Progra...

On POS (not RMS) Instructions for Changing Noninventory Item, Price, Cost and Volume
We drop ship noninventory items to customers, and when the price, cost, or capacity of an item changes, we want to change it so it is reflected accurately on invoices. However, when we attempt to change the cost, price, and description, a message pops up stating "The item description is already in use." Of course it's already in use, we just want to edit it. Nothing else has changed, same Item Number, same Department, same Category; we're just not permitted to edit it. For example, if the Item Description were "Coke," and we attempt to change the Item Descriptio...

Testing RMS Add-int
Hi, I have developed a add-in for TenderEnd Hook and would like to test it. I have already tested it from my test windows program but would like to test it from RMS. Is there a way to do it as i dont have POS. Thanks Manoj ...

I have a trial version of Office Professional but it does'nt work
I downloaded a trial version of Office professional but I am unable to get the program to work. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? "Mark" <Mark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:10504C3D-FF4F-42F6-8E2F-B7B60CC024CE@microsoft.com... > I downloaded a trial version of Office professional but I am unable to get > the program to work. Does anyone have a solution to this issue? That's pretty damned vague, Mark. What do you mean by "I am unable to get the program to work"? -- "Don't pick a fight with an old man...

[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports Querying of OpenDocument Format
[Announce] DataDirect XQuery 3.1 Supports MySQL; adds Extended File- Type Support & Output Enhancements. [Announce] Dear microsoft.public.dotnet.xml, DataDirect Technologies has released an updated version of DataDirect XQuery, an easily embeddable, Java-based implementation of the XQuery 1.0 and the XQuery API for Java standards. Here are some of the highlights of the new release: * Extended file type support and output enhancements, DataDirect XQuery version 3.1 further simplifies the performance of combining and processing heterogeneous data sources. The product now supports the abil...

What does this mean "int m_bTagged: 1;"?
hi,all This is vc++ code. int m_bTagged: 1; I've never seen this kind of expression. What does it mean? Thanks Nicky wrote: > hi,all > This is vc++ code. > int m_bTagged: 1; > I've never seen this kind of expression. What does it mean? Usually a statement like this is part of a structure. What it means is that 'm_bTagged' will only use 1 bit. You will want to read up on "Bit Fields" in the docs. Murrgon ...

how to decode iso-8859-1
I have this kind of string, dim myString as string = " =E0 ton essai d'=E9tablir une" i know the kind of encoding, here I have iso-8859-1 dim charset as string ="iso-8859-1" how to decode it with a component of the .NET Framework? thanks steve Encoding e = Encoding.GetEncoding("iso-8859-1"); e.GetChars(byte[] buffer...); "steve mettraux" <steve@mettraux.com> wrote in message news:%23q3JWwEuDHA.1060@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > I have this kind of string, > > dim myString as string = " =E0 ton essai d'=E9tablir une"...

2004 Money SB Trial Version
Where/how do I get a trial version of 2004 Money SB? You don't. They've never offered trials of the *B versions. There is the 30DMBG, though. "Flipboy" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7af101c48454$d894db90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Where/how do I get a trial version of 2004 Money SB? ...

5.6.1 NDR
Hi all, Recently in my organisation we had migrated to exch 2003 frm 5.5 using similar to swing upgrade method.Now all working fine except users not able to send mails from yahoo,gmail to exchange.infact from exchange to those are working.All other outgoing as well as incoming mails are working includiong to hotmail.com,then to my official id etc.I am getting an NDR error "554 5.6.1 Body type not supported by Remote Host" kindly guide do i need to do any settings in change in exchange ..in my scenario we r using smtp server in dmz as smart host and single exch 2003 server con...

CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003 w/ISA
I have installed CM 1.2 on a Small Business Server 2003 with Internet and Acceleration Server and Can't get to the CRM server as a web client. Get only the You are not authorized to view this page - HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected. Internet Information Services (IIS) message. I thought I had all the neccessary areas opened up. What do I need to open up to get through ISA to the Microsoft CRM 1.2 Server? -- Darryl - dh@mtccrm.com -www.mtccrm.com - Only Microsoft CRM Hi Darry, have checked your web page settings for the MSCRM web page? It sho...

Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1
Security Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 (KB971092) fails to install. Status was: Installation Failure; Error Code: 0x20000009 I notice that the download file size is 0 Mb. I had just installed a ton on stuff, and just this one failed. I restarted the computer and tried again and it failed again with the same error message. Any Ideas? Thanks. See the "How to obtain help" section of http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971092 For home users, no-charge support is available by calling 1-866-PCSAFETY (and/or 1-866-234-6020 and/or 1-800-936-5700)...

Can you merge 2 databases into 1 database?
Is it possible since I am working on a database that is not on a network to have two of the same databases and merge them in to one database that way if more than one person works on the database at different times they can then be merged together so that no information is lost Lookup "Replication" in Access Help. -- HTH, George "thereal001" <thereal001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2071F00F-672D-441A-8165-78BACD55B5FA@microsoft.com... > Is it possible since I am working on a database that is not on a network > to > have two of t...

How can I set up to chose more than 1 item from a dropdown list (.
I am trying to set up dropdown lists in MS Excel using the data validation function. Is there a way that I can set up the list so that the user is able to chose more than 1 choice from my list? You see this on websites often. Using data validation, you can select multiple items with some programming. There's an example here: http://www.contextures.com/excelfiles.html Under 'Data Validation', look for 'Select Multiple Items from Dropdown List' microchick wrote: > I am trying to set up dropdown lists in MS Excel using the data validation > function. I...

Excel+Word 10.1.5 toolbar icons: no Entourage-like interp?
In Entourage X, if I point the mouse at an icon in a toolbar and pause, a few words appear that interpret what the tool is or does. But if I try to do the same in Excel 10.1.5 or Word 10.1.5, I see nothing. Is there something one can see while working in either Word or Excel, that makes clear what the default toolbar icons do? Or is there a chart that one can print showing the default toolbar icons with one or couple-word interpretations? In article <BBEE3443.E6E5%nnager@NoXSpXam.fullerton.edu>, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@NoXSpXam.fullerton.edu> wrote: > ...

Page numbers 1 of 14 not 1 of 1
Hi All, I've add the page footer pages # of # however on each page its coming up with 1 of 1. There are about 14 worksheets in the workbook so why isn't it showing 1 of 14 on the last sheet? -- Adam ----------- Windows 98 + Office Pro 97 Group your Worksheets before printing. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit! ============================================== "Adam" <Adam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00C49780-3B51-40F9-97A4-31DFF4A58839@microsoft.com....

ADO/SQL Server: datetime column appears to be "1901-1-1 00:00:00" after insertion
Hi. I'm using ADO connection and recordset to insert records from Table1 to table2. The database is SQL Server 2005 and the connection is established before the following the code snippet with "csvSQL". The code works without any error but the result is not what i want. The issue is that when aTIME1 is "" and is inserted to table2, TIME1 of Table2 becomes "1901-1-1 00:00:00". FYI, TIME1 is of type datetime and allow null. What i expect is when aTIME1 is "" and inserted to Table2, TIME1 should be null. Please help. Thanks. Set csvR...

Can't open standard task items
When I try to open a new task using the standard task form from the stadard forms library, I get a message stating: can't open item, one or more parameters are invalid. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks, ...

error trying open CRM's object in "Sales for Outlook" v. 1.2
Hi! I have installed "Sales for Outlook" v 1.2 in XP (without XP SP2!) Installation was succesfully, but when i try to open every object into Outlook about CRM (for example home, account, etc.) appear this error Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044104. Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044104. Source Error: An unhandled excep...

HELP
If anybody can help with this problem in Excel 2003 I will SURELY appreciate it! I have a list of 10,000 names in list #1. Each piece of information is broken down into its own column (First Name, Last Name, Company Name, Company Address, etc.) as it was exported out of Maximizer Enterprise in Lotus Notes. I imported this information into Excel. List #2 is a list of 5000 of the same names, but these names are those of list 1 that do NOT have email addresses. These are the people we postal mail information to. What I have to have is list #2 subtracted completely from list #1, which will leav...

RMS GP Integration
Hi All, Is there any 3rd party RMS GP Integration demo\trial version addon available? If So, Please let me know the details. Thanks, Prakash Take a look at ConnectPro from Professional Advantage. www.profad.com "Prakash" wrote: > Hi All, > > Is there any 3rd party RMS GP Integration demo\trial version addon > available? If So, > Please let me know the details. > > Thanks, > Prakash I have one GP RMS integration add on module available. In this module GP will act as Driving system, All masters will get created in GP and th...

Problems adding message handlers in VC++7.1 IDE
I'm trying to add a handler for LVN_COLUMNCLICK in my CListView derived class. In VC++ 6 it was easy: I'd right click the class, choose 'Add Message Handler' (or whatever it was called) and select one from the list. In VC++ 7.1 it seems to be impossible: Right click the class, choose properties, select the Messages list, find the appropriate message and click in the box, click the down arrow, click '<Add> OnMessageHandler', get "Invalid Property Value" error: "The SetValue operation on the component failed with the error code 0x80070005". As...

Interesting update (12.1.7)
I just ran the updater and ran into an interesting situation. As it was checking, a dialog box popped up to tell me to quit the Microsoft AU Daemon. After checking around, I found that this was in my login items, but there didn't appear to be any possible way to quit it, other than completely eliminating it from the startup items list. After I'd done that, the update went without a hitch. But it sure would have been nice to have known how to quit that daemon -- I had a nervous few minutes there. <G> -- Sandy sw.foster 1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious) ht...

Create application object for specific version of Access
I have multiple versions of Access installed on my PC. For my automation project is there a way to create an application object for a specific version of Access? In other words, something like this: dim o as object set o= createobject("Access10.Application") I know the above code doesn't work but you get what I'm trying to do... Try: set o= createobject("Access.Application.10") -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "bdtmike" <mike.aes@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1180549210.267133.92860@n15...