PC Charge Processing Very Slow

I am running PC Charge Pro with RMS 1.3 and I have been experiencing
very slow processing times when I swipe CC's, I'm talking like 30
seconds each.  The internet connection is not the problem.  Settling
batches is very fast and the ability to browse the 'net is also very
fast but for some reason, swipes are taking a very long time.
I did some digging in RMS's Administrator and found a possible problem,
but I'm getting a little beyond my comfort zone.  What I found was,
under the EDC tab in Administrator, the software that is selected is not
PC Charge, but rather Preferred Acquirer.  I figured that this may be
the problem, but then I also thought that if the incorrect software is
selected then I shouldn't be able to process cards at all.
Any and all help/advice is appreciated.

-------------------------------------

--
+--------------------[ SERVER SIGNATURE ]------------------+
|   Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.beansmart.com/    |

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

responding to
http://www.beansmart.com/point-of-sale/PC-Charge-Processing-Very-Slow-44213-.htm
vupdblue wrote:

vupdblue wrote:

Anyone?

-------------------------------------

How detect if handle returned by PsGetCurrentProcessID is valid ? existing always process ?
Hello, I need to intercept an event of signal exit of a Windows process since handle processid, or whether the process is still active according to the variable handle returned by the PsGetCurrentProcessID. Why: I developed a driver disk mapping on a user-mode process and when I left the process in task manager (mstask.exe), my driver detects if the process is still existing, if not the case, it must set the flag on my logical drive mapped to it is inaccessible and it does not expect the data sent by my process managing the logical drive. In function KeWaitForSingleObjec...

SLOW closing of excel files
Hi all; Got an issue with Excel 97 taking "forever" to close files either locally or via the network. Same file opened and closed in Excel 2000 closes quickly. Has anyone experienced this slow closing within Excel 97? Any ideas would be appreicated. Thanks, Steve Hi Steve does this happen on the same computer (Excel 97 / 2000)? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Steve wrote: > Hi all; > > Got an issue with Excel 97 taking "forever" to close files > either locally or via the network. > > Same file opened and closed in Excel 2000 closes ...

Separate Fulfillment Process greyed out
Hello, I would like to check the box for Separate Fulfillment Process under Sales Order Processing setup for Orders but its greyed out. How can I get it enable so that I can check the box. Thanks, Meg Meg Have you already entrered/transferred/posted transactions associated with this order type? If so, I do not believe you can change the fulfillment option "Meg Shah" wrote: > Hello, > > I would like to check the box for Separate Fulfillment Process under Sales > Order Processing setup for Orders but its greyed out. How can I get it enable > so that I can che...

Outllok 2003 reading emails very slow!
Hi all, I am using outlook 2003 with the office basic edition. Every time I work with outlook 2003 it takes minutes until the program starts. Outlook takes a while (1 or 2 minutes) until loading the today homepage. It take also very long when I close outlook. I changed the preferences and I have deactivated the today homepage. Now it starts very quickly, but it takes again minutes when I try to open a email. The messenger link is deaktivated and I don't have any speech packages installed. I am totally desperated. Can someone help me? Regards Marc -- Message posted via http://ww...

running application on a remote pc
I have an MFC application and I would like users to get access to it through the web (unfortunately, I cannot let them download the application). On my website there would be a link to the application and clicking on it makes my application running remotely on my PC (server) and client sees the application as if it is run locally. I imagine this can be done by using a Remote Desktop technique but i'm not sure. any help would be appreciated, thanks in advance What you are describing could be classified as "client-server" where the end users connect to your program and use som...

PC disconnected from network when Outlook is Online
I am logging into Outlook 2000 in Online mode.Thereafter,I remove the network cable so that my PC goes out of the network. What kind of behavior does Outlook exhibit on doing this ?? It does not show the "Offline/Disconnected" sign at the bottom. Please help. Saurabh Bajaj <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am logging into Outlook 2000 in Online mode.Thereafter,I > remove the network cable so that my PC goes out of the > network. > What kind of behavior does Outlook exhibit on doing this ?? > It does not show the "Offline/Disconnected&quo...

What is the process for converting a word doc to excel?
I would like to convert a word doc that is a list of email address and import those address's into outlook express address book, a group. How do I do that? It is asking for csv file format. James - If the data's in a word table, or even a list of paragraphs, copy it, paste it into Excel. You may want or need to run Text to Columns on the Data menu. When the data is all fixed up, save the worksheet as a CSV type file. I think for the import into Outlook Express, the first row of the input file must be field labels. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Tech...

Sending message to another PC
Hi, I have a networked PC that has a word doc that continually runs some VBA code throughout the day. What I would like to do is to add some code so that if it errors, it goes to the error handler and sends a message to my pc (on the network) to let me know that there is an error. I know how to do it with outlook, but the outlook safety net kicks in and you have to be at the PC to 'OK' the email to be sent... which defeats the point! Is there a way I can get it to send a message to another PC? Thanks I have been developing an application involving mailmerging to emai...

Publisher Running very slow
Can anyone help me. I,m currently working on a publication that is 31000kb long. Up until 3 days ago it was running ok. Now everytime I try to add anything or edit the program takes agaes to respond and the screen freezes for up to a minute. Video/graphics driver? Go to the manufacturer's web site of your graphics card and look around for an updated driver. Read the third FAQ here about the adapter acceleration. http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BUGGY" &...

Slow performance when opening e-mail
It takes 10-15 seconds for an e-mail to open. even moving between e-mails is slow, nor will the preview pane show up any faster. It takes the same period of time to delete messages. Even moving between contacts, calender to my in box takes an excessive period of time. It has not always been this slow. I have archived my info and do not have an excessive ammount of messages in my box. Nor am I low on memory or performance with my hardware. Any ideas? Thanks, Matthew Depending on the version of Outlook (which you do NOT state), turning off Instant Message integration under Tools-&...

Saving is slow
Hello, I have one user that anytime she presses the save button it can take up to two minutes for her to get back control of CRM. This happens on Invoices, Contracts, Addresses, anything. While she is waiting to get control back the cpu is showing as 1%-2% usage in task manager. Since it is only happening to her and none of my other users I am assuming it is a problem on her computer, maybe an IE setting but I can't seem to find what the problem is. I have disabled Antivirus, AntiSpam and all non-essential services via msconfig with no luck at all. Has anyone else experienced...

Running a process in MFC
I'm trying to run a C program I wrote inside a MFC Gui wrapper. The Gui stuff selects some files then kicks off the C program. I want to run the program in one tread, while a progress slider runs in another, until the first tread is complete. I have the initial code for the file selection dialogs, but am not sure about the tread stuff in MFC. Any Ideas? Thanks. You can use AfxBeginThread to start your thread. Look up AfxBeginThread on MSDN. To run your C-program, use ShellExecute or CreateProcess. For the progressbar, it's going to be tricky. You'll have to get the C-progr...

Slow Performance in 2007
My big files are prohibitively slow in 2007, i'm thinking of going back to 03. Is it becuase these are converted 2003 files? if i rebuild them from scratch in 07 will the percformanc improve, or does this software really drag this badly. Any experiences would be appreciated. Michael ...

Undeliverable Emails Processing
I'm new to CRM 3.0. Is there a way to have the CRM system automatically delete or flag a Lead when the email address is not valid. I have a rule that sends out an email when a Lead is created and I need to automatically handle an invalid or failed response. My prefernce would be to delete the Lead on this occurence. ...

Slow Response with IE7
I recently set up a Dell desktop with Dual Core Processor. Has Vista Home Premium, 1GB memory. On a Dell forum I was told that 1GB is absolute minimum with Vista, more is better. Also told that slow system response in IE7 can be caused by the Phishing filter and having Protected Mode on. I turned off the Phishing filter - no improvement. Turned it back on and turned off Protected Mode - a vast improvement!! Finally, my questions: - Does anyone know why Protected Mode is causing me such slow response? Is there a fix for this? - I've read that Protected Mode is to prevent the in...

keyboard recognition has slowed down in excel, help/
When using excell my keyboard recognition slows down to the point I have to sit and wait for a few seconds. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening in Excell? ...

how to update mail from mobile Pocket PC (sprint)
I am have Sprint. and I the PPC-6700 phone pocket pc. How can i update (check for new messages in Outlook 2003) ? SEt up ActiveSync to do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, DJ Bigtool asked: | I am have Sprint. and I the PPC-6700 phone pocket pc. How can i | update (check for new messages in Outlook 2003) ? ...

Typing text is impossibly slow in text boxes when in publishing layout
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel When I try to type or edit text in a text box in a template document (a newsletter template) the typing, editing, deleting, backspacing or what ever, is absolutely impossibly slow. Am I doing something wrong or do I have something set up wrong. If it remains this way I will not be able to work in this program. Apart from using Publishing Layout View, I suspect you are not doing anything wrong. Publishing Layout View requires very powerful hardware, and even then it tends to crash a lot. If I were you...

HQ Client takes up to an hour to process worksheet
Lately when I create a new worksheet in HQ Manager, HQ Client will take about an hour to aknowledge and process it. Before when I would connect manually it would show up instantly. I played with the scheduler and this has no effect. Check the time at the server and the remote store. Did you update one or both for the time zone changes this year? Are they in different time zones? I'd bet that the Server is about an hour ahead... Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to...

Reporting Synch jobs stuck in Waiting To be processed (Sleeping)
Hi, It seems that all my Reporting sync jobs are stuck in "Waiting to be processed (Sleeping) state. All other jobs are processed OK. I restarted the queue service, eventing service, SharePoint Timer, I even rebooted my 4 servers (2 WFE, 2 APP) more than once and it does not help. I tried a Full refresh of the Reporting DB (twice) and the queue fills up with over 800 Reporting sync jobs that stay there until the Queue Cleanup. There is nothing in the ULS logs, nothing in the EventViewer I have SP2 and the October 2009 CU. Any idea what else I could try ? Thank...

Catch when the Probability value has chaged due to a Sales Process
Hi I'm coding a callout for the CRM 3.0, I would like to be able to catch when the opportunity's Probability value has change due to a stage change in a Sales Process workflow. I have the following code: public override void PostUpdate( CalloutUserContext userContext, CalloutEntityContext entityContext, string preImageEntityXml, string postImageEntityXml) { string preProbability = String.Empty; string postProbability = String.Empty; // Get pre-values XmlDocument preImageEntity = new XmlDocument(); preImageEntity.LoadXml(preImageEntityXml); foreach (XmlElement elemen...

Slow MTA message transfer to other site
Hi, for a while now, i've been seeing slow message transfers in my MTA (in the X400 connectors) to another exchange site, both servers are 5.5 We have a 256k IP/MPLS connecting our sites. On the server ScanMail is installed, i've tried disabling the AV to see if the overall performance would improve but it did not change. 1st q : is 256k considered a slow link? 2nd : How can I improve the message transfer on those X400 connectors (emails "are not" been backed up in the Private information store) As anybody ever run into this problem, and who did u resolve it. Thank you...

Processing Credit Cards
What do I need to do to process credit card transactions from within Great Plains 8.5 without are employees have to use a separate credit card unit? -- Brandon Smith IT Director Presentations Direct - Specialized Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com Try www.isiusa.com or www.nodustech.com. "Brandon" <bsmith@presentationsdirect.nospam.com> wrote in message news:%23uZ22QSRFHA.4028@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > What do I need to do to process credit card transactions from within Great > Plains 8.5 without are employees have to use a separa...

Outlook 2000 Extremely slow
Hi, I have 2 PC's in my network where Outlook 2000 works extremely slow, trying to open a message, or creating a new message takes several minutes. One PC is running Win XP pro and the other Win2000 pro. Office application is Office2000. The network consist of approx 60 PC's with either XP- pro or W2k pro, all PC's are using Outlook2000 as mailclient and we are using Exchange2003 server. The problem is only occuring on 2 PC's the other works as they should. Anyone who can help me please Tia Odd A Mine is doing the same thing. I hope somebody responds with a good an...