PC Charge Problem - Double Charging

We have been having a problem with double charging in some instances.  We
swipe the card and the PC Charge processing screen gets hung up waiting.
Sometimes it cancels itself, sometimes it takes a while and we need to cancel
it.  We then reswipe and it goes through.  What ends up happening is that
sometimes the first swipe ends up getting charged to the customers account,
but does not get registered as a sale on RMS (the second swipe does).  Then,
once the customer gets their bill and notices the double charge, I need to
refund the card, and this gets relected in my sales on RMS.

Has anyone exprienced this? Any suggestions?
0
lance (92)
6/7/2006 2:14:04 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yea change processors. go to mercury or the ones that do vital so no PC
charge.
"Lance" <Lance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have been having a problem with double charging in some instances.  We
> swipe the card and the PC Charge processing screen gets hung up waiting.
> Sometimes it cancels itself, sometimes it takes a while and we need to
> cancel
> it.  We then reswipe and it goes through.  What ends up happening is that
> sometimes the first swipe ends up getting charged to the customers
> account,
> but does not get registered as a sale on RMS (the second swipe does).
> Then,
> once the customer gets their bill and notices the double charge, I need to
> refund the card, and this gets relected in my sales on RMS.
>
> Has anyone exprienced this? Any suggestions?

0
Rick5747 (287)
6/7/2006 2:45:36 PM
TPI Software's RMS Plug-in dose not have this problem and can get you to
multiple payment processors as well as support for newer PIN-Pads with
signature capture.
www.tpisoft.com
425-882-0921
--
-- Andy Chau

"Lance" wrote:

> We have been having a problem with double charging in some instances.  We
> swipe the card and the PC Charge processing screen gets hung up waiting.
> Sometimes it cancels itself, sometimes it takes a while and we need to cancel
> it.  We then reswipe and it goes through.  What ends up happening is that
> sometimes the first swipe ends up getting charged to the customers account,
> but does not get registered as a sale on RMS (the second swipe does).  Then,
> once the customer gets their bill and notices the double charge, I need to
> refund the card, and this gets relected in my sales on RMS.
>
> Has anyone exprienced this? Any suggestions?
0
andychau (26)
6/7/2006 5:12:02 PM
We always have this issue, but it is directly related to our gift cards. If a
trx is tendered, it immediately moves to the EDC upon auth, then the gift
card comes in. If the gift card has an issue, then the emp must click cancel
and retender (not even reswipe) and we get what our partners call an
'Orphaned Transaction'. This means first charge does not list in RMS (because
app is smart enough to know that the sale was not completed), but it remains
in the settlement batch, then the second trx goes through with a valid CC
number and they get 2x (or in some of our cases 7xs) charged.

We have directed our locations to watch for this, and check the EDC for
dupes before settling. I think we catch about 70% before they go through.

If caught, we direct them not to settle and then use some SQL against it.

"Lance" wrote:

> We have been having a problem with double charging in some instances.  We
> swipe the card and the PC Charge processing screen gets hung up waiting.
> Sometimes it cancels itself, sometimes it takes a while and we need to cancel
> it.  We then reswipe and it goes through.  What ends up happening is that
> sometimes the first swipe ends up getting charged to the customers account,
> but does not get registered as a sale on RMS (the second swipe does).  Then,
> once the customer gets their bill and notices the double charge, I need to
> refund the card, and this gets relected in my sales on RMS.
>
> Has anyone exprienced this? Any suggestions?
0
Jocelyn (213)

office XP: problems with sending/receiving
I recently installed Office XP. I previously had Office 2003 installed and before that, Office 2000. Instead of upgrading to Office XP, I uninstalled Office 2003 and then installed Office XP. Anyway, it seems to have retained some of the settings of my previous installation. That's the background. Now on to my problems. They are two-fold. First, when I hit click send/receive in Outlook, I get an error message that says "the operation failed". I sent some test e-mails and my friends reported receiving them and replying, but I never got the replies. I haven't rec...

Problems with Save as HTML, have to send as message !
Why do I have to use "send to message" option to get any kind of decent HTML output ? Why won't publisher 2003 even with SP1 output any decent HTML when using the Save as Html option (it is interspersed with some kind of garbage or style/xml lanugage that is surplus to what I need). Can you turn this feature off ? This is annoying, especially when you still have to go ahead and update problems later with relative document paths because of the email etc. We are using GoldMine so it needs very specific and basic HTML, not the sort of HTML that is created by the Save as. Sorry fo...

Legal size paper graphics placement problem
When I create a publication using letter size paper all elements when printed are in their proper place. However when the paper type is changed to legal size the top graphic appears half way down the page. Any idea why? -- Rev. Tim The graphic is in the same place as it was in the letter size paper. It just appears to have moved. Open a new instance of Publisher, create a rectangle the size of the letter publication, copy and paste to the legal publication. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Rev" <Rev@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DE90772-5046...

Problems with using ProfileCommon to create new user in webservice
Hi all, I'm having problems with the following code not working is some circumstances. I'm sure it's just that I'm not using the ProfileCommon correctly, so would be grateful for any pointers. All I want to do is update a Profile record in a TableProfileProvider setup. If the profile record doesn't exist then create a new one and update the details. Code in webservice that is failing is: private static void updateProfileFields(string userName, string email, string firstName, string surname) { ProfileCommon userProfile = new ProfileCommon(); u...

problem displaying messages
Hi there.. Hopefully someone can help me. I have a peculiar problem with my outlook express. It downloads messages but doesn't display them, neither in the preview window, nor when I open them. To be able to read my e-mails, I have to actually go into properties and view message source. I've searched all over for the cause of and solution for the problem but can't find anything. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? Am I missing something blatantly obvious? ^_^;;; Thanks, -Twi This newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000 & 2002 from the Office fami...

CSV and Unicode (or UTF-8) problem #2
In Office 2003 (and I suppose it's true for Office XP and 2000): When we save an Excel file to CSV file, Excel doesn't ask if we have to care about encoding, in particular, I wanted to save Unicode in UTF-8 but I can't. This is very annoying for multi-national companies which has Excel files coming from different part of the world. On the other hand, I tried to edit a CSV to add some Chinese characters in it and save it in UTF-8 and double-click to open it. Excel is then launched but it doesn't care file encoding either. The only way to get around "opening"...

Inter-Org Replication Logon Problem
Hi, I am using the Inter-Org Replication tool to replicate a public folder between an Exchange 2003 server and an Exchange 2000 server. It has been working for a month but now it fails. I believe it's a security issue, but I can't seem to track it down. When I try to view the folder list in the config utility, I can access the 2003 server folders, but I get "Unable to logon to Exchange Server using mailbox information." error when I try to display the Exchange 2000 folders. The logon account info is correct and I've tried a domain admin account, as well. The E...

Printing problem
I am having problems printing some emails within Outlook. In that email, I am able to print the attachment but not the email itself. Tried updating Windows as well as Office. Still the same problem. The following is the error message: A Runtime Error has occurred. Do you wish to Debug? Line: 1343 Error: Unspecified error Can anyone help? ...

number format problem when using =A1&A2 formula
Hello I am trying to use the contents of 2 cells to produce I.D. numbers the first cell contains 2 or 3 letters the second cell is a counter which advances each time a macro is run. I have no problem joining the 2 together by using =A1&A2 (or even =A1&""&A2). The problem is I am compiling a database of several hundred of these records and eventually I sort the records and the results are not in the correct order. If these had just been numbers I would use 0001, 00002 etc by formatting but this is not working when the 2 cells are joined. Even though A1 entry is CH and A2 ...

Cash Drawer Problem
I just got a Pos-x recipt Printer (emulates an Epson TM-T88II) which connects to LPT1, I have set it up using the reccomended (Epson) driver and it prints & auto-cuts perfectly! The only problem is that I cannot figure out how to make it kick the cash-drawer open. the cash drawer plugs in to the printer via a phone cord-like wire which sends a pulse to open the drawer. I have come across a few people who are opening a similar setup in VB, but no-one has the code for VC++. For a printer in my code I am using a CDC object, my output is done with the TextOut() member as below: CD...

Report problem
I have this report that shows all receipts from any given client. The total outstanding balance is then tallied in the report. For some, the total outstanding balance is $0. In this case, I don't want that person to show up in the report. Is there a way to omit them? I know I could do it it in the underlying query, but the only way I know to do it requires totaling everything in the query, which would eliminate the ability to show each receipt individually on the report. Thanks! Create a totals query that calculates the balance by client. Then add this totals query to your re...

Double Invoicing
I have twice been told about a case where a sale has been double invoiced. They are assigned sequential invoice numbers. GP 10 SP4. Anyone heard of this? It is in history. I don't have any live information as we have only been notified after the fact. Do you have 2 invoices posted to history that reflect the same item? Were the items supposed to have been transferred to an invoice from an order and they were allowed to be transferred twice? Perhaps I am just being a dunce, but I don't really understand the question. "AllenMc" wrote: > I have twice been told abo...

Problems with Office notifications
Hi, I'm using Office for Mac 2004 with Tiger 10.4.2 After installing SP2 I have a problem with the Office notifications. As usual they should start with startup. But now everytime I start up there's an error saying (I translate from German): "There was a problem in running office notifications. The application has to quit." I can select a "Restart Office Notifications" button, but the error message will reappear. I have checked the orginal location of the notifications application (Microsoft Office 2004-Office) and I noticed that there are two of them: both have 1.6...

OMA Problems #2
Hi, I wonder if anyone can help. We have a Front end / back end setup with OWA working fine with and without forms based authentication. I understand there is a problem with SSL/Forms based authentication, so to get OMA working we have disabled this. However we get the following error messages:- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeOMA Event Category: (1000) Event ID: 1503 Date: 19/02/2006 Time: 20:15:14 User: N/A Computer: FRONTEND Description: An unknown error occurred while processing the current request: Message: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the ...

Problem opening .exe files
Hi, I am unable to open any .exe files on my computer. If I try to open any .exe it brings me "Open With" window with the list of programs. But when I right click on exe file it gives me an option "start" which would launch me the application. How can I change the default double-click behaviour to launch the application? I am using Windows Vista 64 bit Home Premium. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks! -- hihi7209 Sorry for opening up a new thread. After searching thoroughly in the forum, I was able to fix my issue. Please delete my thread. ...

Problem with CUSTOMDOCUMENTPROPERTIES
hallo zusammen i have the following problem. ******* Function xTest() Dim xlApp As Excel.Application Dim xlWbk As Excel.Workbook Set xlWbk = GetObject("", "Excel.Sheet") Set xlApp = xlWbk.Application xlApp.Workbooks.Open ("C:\SP5Inst\EPP\Vorlagen\D_Standard") xlWbk.CustomDocumentProperties("SP5DB").Value = CurrentDb.Name ----> RUNTIME ERROR NR. 5 Call xlApp.Run("SP5Arc_Init") xlApp.Visible = True End Function ********** in the line "xlWbk.CustomDocumentProp......" i receive the error =========== --> ...

Win32 app has problems running on 64-bit edition of XP (functions fail)
My win32 app that has run for years on Win32 now has problems running on the 64-bit edition of Windows XP. I've traced through and various functions are failing. For example, GetFileAttributes is returning xFFFFFFFF for a file I can clearly see using Windows Explorer. So the function is presumably working, but returning the FILE_NOT_FOUND value. A call to GetLastError() following this returned a value of 2 (file not found). I then tried a workaround of using LoadLibrary on the file (which is a dll) and it failed with the same errors: file not found. I built the path to the file us...

Multiple Email Domain problem
Hi, i have Exchange 2000 SP3 running on Win 2000 Server SP4. Everything works perfectly with internal and external email until I add another external domain. eg. domainA.com and domainB.com have been working for a couple of years. I have had to add domainC.com and make this the primary address. When users send emails to other internal users, Exchange does not recognize that domainC.com is internal and tries to send out through the internet, yet domainA.com and domainB.com still work fine. External emails from all domain names works. any help would be greatly appreciated.. thanks Tony ...

Excel 2007: Filtering Problem
I thought I knew how to do filtering but perhaps not. I selected the column I want to filter on and hit Filter under the Data tab. Then I went to the dropdown arrow in the column header row of the column and deselected everything and then reselected the word I want to filter on. Nothing changed. I still saw data from ALL the rows - I had no filter results. What did I do wrong? (I am still getting used to the awful 2007 versions of Office, though.) ...

Workflow timeout and wait clause problem
Have set-up an event booking system in CRM. Want to send an email 7 days before the event and 1 day before the event. Created the workflow using wait and timeout, etc on record create and works fine normally. Problem is if I create a booking for an event only 3 days away, the workflow appears to sit on the 'timeout until event date is 7 days'. In other words, the it is less than 7 days, so I expected it to evaluate and decide 'within 7 days' so proceed however it appears to sit at this point forever. Any ideas (running crm 4 rollup 3). Thanks Jason ...

problem with Listbox rowquery
Hi, i have a problem to ask. I have the following codes in the form Private Sub Form_Load() strSQL = "SELECT [Jobs].JobID, [SubJobs].IndustryNo, [SubJobs].ClientNo, [SubJobs].JobNo, [SubJobs].SubJobNo, IIf(Not IsNull([SubJobName]) Or [SubJobName]<>"",[SubJobName],[JobName]) AS Expr1, [SubJobs].Status" strSQL = strSQL & " FROM [SubJobs] INNER JOIN [Jobs] ON ([SubJobs].JobNo = [Jobs].JobNo) AND ([SubJobs].ClientNo = [Jobs].ClientNo) AND ([SubJobs].IndustryNo = [Jobs].IndustryNo)" strSQL = strSQL & " WHERE ((([SubJobs].Status) = ...

In-place Activation problem??
Hi I writing an Active Document Server which is hosted by an Active Document Container. I need to change the ID_SRVR_INPLACE menu - just before it gets merged with the container applications menu. I have to read an xml file containing the menu-items - and then build the ID_SRVR_INPLACE menu - but I'm stock. No matter what I do the changes I make is not shown?? Anybody knows how to do this?? I have tried to: CMenu myMenu; myMenu.LoadMenu( ID_SRVR_INPLACE ); //and then do some changes Regards Morten Hi Morten, Thanks for posting in this group! Based on my understanding, you wan...

Macro compilation problem
Dear people, please consider the following problem. I'd like to write an error log file from time to time. Since the log file should contain the code line number where the error occurred, I'd like to use a macro and evaluate the __LINE__ value. The setting is as follows: #define LOGMACRO(okValue) Logfunction(...,__LINE__,okValue,...); where Logfunction is a plain C++ function writing the log file. This works, except in the following case: if ((p1 == 0) || (p2 == 0)) LOGMACRO(FALSE); else .... This yields a compilation error C2181 "illegal else without matching if"...

Problem Using Amex to Pay Vendors
Our company pays a few vendors with a company AMEX. We are having problems with the application of the payments in GP Professional v9.0. We are creating a check to AMEX each time an invoice is processed. Any suggestions? Pete, Sounds like AMEX might be setup as a Check Card and not a Credit Card. Go to Tools > Setup > Company > Credit Cards, bring up AMEX and change it to be a Credit Card with a Vendor ID of AMEX. Then, instead of taking each invoice out of the checkbook, it will create an invoice under the AMEX vendor. Hope that helps. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MV...

Calculate finance charges
Would someone please direct me to which formula to use, (or spreadsheet template)to calculate finance charges on over due invoices? I'm looking at 2% per month, for daily, on invoices over 30 days - aged receivables. All direction appreciated. Windmill - Assuming column A contains the due date, and column B the amount due, then this will give you the interest due: =(MONTH(TODAY()) - MONTH(A5) + IF(DAY(TODAY())> DAY(A5),0,-1))*0.02*B5 This makes several assumptions on your methodology. It assumes no compounding of interest, and that you are using a calendar month ...