Paging Jeff - Best Seller Report Response back in May

On 5/3 you responded to a request for a report on best sellers that rolled up
sales for the time period of the report (instead of showing each transaction
as a separate line).  At that point in time, I was not aware of this group.
I've gone into Outlook Express to find your post which, I assume, had an
attachment with a report fix or special report formula.

Because my newsreader will no longer go back that far, I'm hoping you will
be able to post it again.  I wrote a separate topic here about this, last
week, but got no response. Doing sales anried Google groups, butalysis is
very time consuming if you have to add up each individual transaction for
every item.

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I tried Google Groups too, and found the topic, but it showed only the
original posters posts, and none of yours.  Not sure I could get an
attachment thay way anyway, but found that curious.
--
WineGuy
0

------=_NextPart_000_0177_01C6D3F8.900CDCB0

------=_NextPart_001_0178_01C6D3F8.900CDCB0

WineGuy,

Find it attached.

--=20
*

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader =
see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, =
follow
newsreader"

http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

**********

  "PRJ" <PRJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message =
  On 5/3 you responded to a request for a report on best sellers that =
rolled up=20
  sales for the time period of the report (instead of showing each =
transaction=20
  as a separate line).  At that point in time, I was not aware of this =
group.=20
  I've gone into Outlook Express to find your post which, I assume, had =
an=20
  attachment with a report fix or special report formula. =20

  Because my newsreader will no longer go back that far, I'm hoping you =
will=20
  be able to post it again.  I wrote a separate topic here about this, =
last=20
  week, but got no response. Doing sales anried Google groups, butalysis =
is=20
  very time consuming if you have to add up each individual transaction =
for=20
  every item.

  Thanks in advance.

  BTW, I tried Google Groups too, and found the topic, but it showed =
only the=20
  original posters posts, and none of yours.  Not sure I could get an=20
  attachment thay way anyway, but found that curious.
  --=20
  WineGuy
------=_NextPart_001_0178_01C6D3F8.900CDCB0

<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>WineGuy,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#008000>Find it attached.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR>-- <BR>*<BR>Get Secure! - <A=20
href=3D"http://www.microsoft.com/security">www.microsoft.com/security</A>=
</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup =
reader=20
to<BR>see and download the file attachment.&nbsp; If you are not using a =
reader,=20
follow<BR>the link below to setup Outlook Express.&nbsp; Click on "Open =
with=20
newsreader"<BR>under the MS Retail Management System on the right.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><A =
href=3D"http://tinyurl.com/75bgz">http://tinyurl.com/75bgz</A></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>**********<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"PRJ" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:PRJ@discussions.microsoft.com">PRJ@discussions.microsoft.c=
om</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:9E443E0B-AA8A-4FCA-8829-C9FF1B940524@microsoft.com">news:9E4=
43E0B-AA8A-4FCA-8829-C9FF1B940524@microsoft.com</A>...</DIV>On=20
  5/3 you responded to a request for a report on best sellers that =
rolled up=20
  <BR>sales for the time period of the report (instead of showing each=20
  transaction <BR>as a separate line).&nbsp; At that point in time, I =
was not=20
  aware of this group. <BR>I've gone into Outlook Express to find your =
post=20
  which, I assume, had an <BR>attachment with a report fix or special =
report=20
  formula.&nbsp; <BR><BR>Because my newsreader will no longer go back =
that far,=20
  I'm hoping you will <BR>be able to post it again.&nbsp; I wrote a =
separate=20
  topic here about this, last <BR>week, but got no response. Doing sales =
anried=20
  Google groups, butalysis is <BR>very time consuming if you have to add =
up each=20
  individual transaction for <BR>every item.<BR><BR>Thanks in=20
  advance.<BR><BR>BTW, I tried Google Groups too, and found the topic, =
but it=20
  showed only the <BR>original posters posts, and none of yours.&nbsp; =
Not sure=20
  I could get an <BR>attachment thay way anyway, but found that =
curious.<BR>--=20
  <BR>WineGuy</BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_001_0178_01C6D3F8.900CDCB0--

------=_NextPart_000_0177_01C6D3F8.900CDCB0
	filename="Custom - Items - Top with Zip Code.qrp"

//--- Report Summary --- //

Begin ReportSummary
   ReportType =3D reporttypeSales
   ReportTitle =3D "Top Items with Zip Code"
   PageOrientation =3D pageorientationLandscape
   OutLineMode =3D True
   Groups =3D 0
   GroupDescription =3D ""
   DisplayLogo =3D True
   LogoFileName =3D "MyLogo.bmp"
   ProcedureCall =3D ""
   TablesQueried =3D <BEGIN>
	FROM TransactionEntry WITH(NOLOCK)  INNER JOIN [Transaction] =
WITH(NOLOCK) ON TransactionEntry.TransactionNumber =3D =
[Transaction].TransactionNumber=20
	LEFT JOIN Item WITH (NOLOCK) On TransactionEntry.ItemID =3D Item.ID
	LEFT JOIN   Department WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.DepartmentID =3D =
Department.ID=20
	LEFT JOIN   Category WITH(NOLOCK) ON Item.CategoryID =3D Category.ID=20
	LEFT JOIN   Customer WITH(NOLOCK) ON [Transaction].CustomerID =3D =
Customer.ID
	<END>
   SelCriteria =3D ""
   GroupBy =3D "Item.ItemLookUpCode, Department.Name, Category.Name"
   SortOrder =3D "Sales DESC"
End ReportSummary

//--- Title Rows ---//

Begin TitleRow
   Text =3D "<Store Name>"
   Font =3D "Arial"
   FontBold =3D True
   FontSize =3D 16
   Color =3D "Blue"
End TitleRow

Begin TitleRow
   Text =3D "<Report Title>"
   Font =3D "Arial"
   FontBold =3D True
   FontSize =3D 12
   Color =3D "Black"
End TitleRow

Begin TitleRow
   Text =3D "Generated On <Report Date>"
   Font =3D "Arial"
   FontBold =3D True
   FontSize =3D 10
   Color =3D "Black"
End TitleRow

Begin TitleRow
   Text =3D "Designed and/or modified by Microsoft Corp. and/or Check =
Point Software"
   Font =3D "Arial"
   FontBold =3D False
   FontSize =3D 8
   Color =3D "Black"
End TitleRow

//--- Filters ---//

Begin Filter
   FieldName =3D "[Transaction].Time"
   FilterOp =3D reportfilteropBetween
   FilterLoLim =3D "<YearStart>"
   FilterHilim =3D "<Today>"
End Filter

//--- Columns ---//

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "ItemLookupCode"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D "Item.ItemLookupCode"
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "ILC"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D "MAX(Item.ItemLookupCode)"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1200
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Department.Name"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D "Department.Name"
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Department"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1500
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Category.Name"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D "Category.Name"
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Category"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1500
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
   ColAlignment =3D flexAlignLeftCenter
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "ItemDescription"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Description"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D "MAX(Item.Description)"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 2500
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "QtySold"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Qty Sold"
   VBDataType =3D vbDouble
   Formula =3D "SUM(TransactionEntry.Quantity)"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 800
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodSum
   ColFormat =3D "###"
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Sales"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Sales"
   VBDataType =3D vbCurrency
   Formula =3D "SUM(TransactionEntry.Price * TransactionEntry.Quantity)"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1500
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodSum
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Profit"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Profit"
   VBDataType =3D vbCurrency
   Formula =3D "SUM((TransactionEntry.Price - TransactionEntry.Cost) * =
TransactionEntry.Quantity)"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1000
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodSum
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Item.Quantity"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "On-Hand"
   VBDataType =3D vbDouble
   Formula =3D "MAX(Item.Quantity)"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 800
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D "###"
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Item.Cost"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Cost"
   VBDataType =3D vbCurrency
   Formula =3D "MAX(Item.Cost)"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1000
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodAverage
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "Item.Price"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Price"
   VBDataType =3D vbCurrency
   Formula =3D "MAX(Item.Price)"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1000
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodAverage
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "CustomerZip"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Zip Code"
   VBDataType =3D vbString
   Formula =3D "MAX(Customer.Zip)"
   ColHidden =3D False
   ColNotDisplayable =3D False
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1560
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

Begin Column
   FieldName =3D "[Transaction].Time"
   DrillDownFieldName =3D ""
   DrillDownReportName =3D ""
   Title =3D "Date Sold"
   VBDataType =3D vbDate
   Formula =3D ""
   ColHidden =3D True
   ColNotDisplayable =3D True
   FilterDisabled =3D False
   ColWidth =3D 1035
   GroupMethod =3D groupmethodNone
   ColFormat =3D ""
End Column

------=_NextPart_000_0177_01C6D3F8.900CDCB0--

0
spam3944 (2163)
9/9/2006 5:13:14 PM
Thanks, Jeff.  But my OC does not want to recognoze a .qrp file.  Can you help?

Thanks
--
WineGuy

"Jeff" wrote:

> WineGuy,
>
> Find it attached.
>
> --
> *
>
> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader to
> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader, follow
> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>
> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>
> **********
>
>   "PRJ" <PRJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9E443E0B-AA8A-4FCA-8829-C9FF1B940524@microsoft.com...
>   On 5/3 you responded to a request for a report on best sellers that rolled up
>   sales for the time period of the report (instead of showing each transaction
>   as a separate line).  At that point in time, I was not aware of this group.
>   I've gone into Outlook Express to find your post which, I assume, had an
>   attachment with a report fix or special report formula.
>
>   Because my newsreader will no longer go back that far, I'm hoping you will
>   be able to post it again.  I wrote a separate topic here about this, last
>   week, but got no response. Doing sales anried Google groups, butalysis is
>   very time consuming if you have to add up each individual transaction for
>   every item.
>
>   Thanks in advance.
>
>   BTW, I tried Google Groups too, and found the topic, but it showed only the
>   original posters posts, and none of yours.  Not sure I could get an
>   attachment thay way anyway, but found that curious.
>   --
>   WineGuy
0
PRJ (86)
9/9/2006 10:54:01 PM
WineGuy,

I don't know what OC is, but you need to download the file I attached to
your \Program Files\Microsoft Retail...\Store Op...s\Reports folder.

If in SO Manager, exit & re-enter, then look for it in Reports | Custom |
Items - Top with Zip Code

--
=

You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
 to see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
 follow the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with
newsreader"

 http://tinyurl.com/75bgz

==========

> Thanks, Jeff.  But my OC does not want to recognoze a .qrp file.  Can you
> help?
>
> Thanks
> --
> WineGuy
>

> "Jeff" wrote:
>
>> WineGuy,
>>
>> Find it attached.
>>
>> --
>> *
>>
>> You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of newsgroup reader
>> see and download the file attachment.  If you are not using a reader,
>> follow
>> the link below to setup Outlook Express.  Click on "Open with newsreader"
>> under the MS Retail Management System on the right.
>>
>> http://tinyurl.com/75bgz
>>
>> **********
>>
>>   "PRJ" <PRJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>   On 5/3 you responded to a request for a report on best sellers that
>> rolled up
>>   sales for the time period of the report (instead of showing each
>> transaction
>>   as a separate line).  At that point in time, I was not aware of this
>> group.
>>   I've gone into Outlook Express to find your post which, I assume, had
>> an
>>   attachment with a report fix or special report formula.
>>
>>   Because my newsreader will no longer go back that far, I'm hoping you
>> will
>>   be able to post it again.  I wrote a separate topic here about this,
>> last
>>   week, but got no response. Doing sales anried Google groups, butalysis
>> is
>>   very time consuming if you have to add up each individual transaction
>> for
>>   every item.
>>
>>   Thanks in advance.
>>
>>   BTW, I tried Google Groups too, and found the topic, but it showed only
>> the
>>   original posters posts, and none of yours.  Not sure I could get an
>>   attachment thay way anyway, but found that curious.
>>   --
>>   WineGuy

0
spam3944 (2163)