Order Dog

Is anyone interfacing to Order Dog through RMS? We have a large prospect who
uses Order Dog for ordering, but will (hopefully) use RMS as the POS.

Rob
0
Wrauberto (19)
5/18/2006 6:05:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Yep have customer that uses both

"Wrauberto" <Wrauberto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is anyone interfacing to Order Dog through RMS? We have a large prospect
> who
> uses Order Dog for ordering, but will (hopefully) use RMS as the POS.
>
> Rob

0
Rick5747 (287)

Default unit cost on Purchase Order
We're using the FIFO Perpetual inventory valuation method. If a vendor gives us a one-time special price on an item, that special cost goes into the FIFO layers to be used when its sold. However, when we create a new PO for this same item to the same vendor, it defaults in with the Last Originating Cost. This was actually a special cost and not the cost that we normally pay so it's wrong on this new PO. Now, we have to go look up what the correct cost could be. This happens a lot. Is there any way around this? Can we have PO receipts and invoices NOT update the Last origin...

Close Purchase Orders
We have several purchase orders that have been received and invoiced but are still showing as open. Is there any routine in the system which will go through and close the purchase orders that ought to be closed. Tools > Routines > Purchasing > Remove Completed Purchase Orders This will move POs to history if you are keeping history or it will delete POs from the system if you are not keeping history. Ta, M. E. "Jack Tundra" <jacktundra@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ej8XLNX6GHA.2248@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > We have several purchase orders that have b...

Protected Sheet, change tab order?
I've created a two page fill in sheet. When protected only certain cells are available for editing. My two pages end up being side by side on the sheet due to columns needed and vertically it would have been a mess. Horizontally I can have 15 columns on page one and 6 columns on page two. My problem is, I would like to be able to tab through the sheet in a certain manner meaning, Tab through all cells vertically in the B columns first then tab through the cells in the E column and then move to page two and tab through row 6, a, b c d e f then row 7, a b c d e f and so on. Is ther...

Purchase Orders
Add the ability to import a CSV text file that contains all the items that need to be imported into a Purchase Order. There are businesses that get an excel spreadsheet from their Vendors of all the items that they should be receiving via UPS or Fedex. The business does not know what they will be receiving (ordered) until they get this excel spreadsheet from their vendor. In some cases, they get an excel spreadsheet that contains over a 1,000 items that need to be put into a purchase order. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the sugges...

Order of Category in X-axis
Good day everybody, I have a chart looks like this : A3 | A2 | A1 | -------|------------------- I would like it to be like this : A1 | A2 | A3 | -------|------------------- I remember I can reverse my Category in X-axis by clicking a reverse option when I used Excel 2000. But now I couldn't do the same with Excel 2002. I will appreciate if someone can help me. Thanks in advance. Best regards, Julie Julie - Double click the axis, click on the Scale tab, and check the Categories (or Values) in Reverse Order box. You probably also will want to check the A...

How do I turn off the message in Sales Order Processing?
When I open the Transactions -->Sales --> Sales Transactions Entry, the following message shows up "Sales Order Processing and Invoicing modules are both installed. they do not share information. Transactions should be entered in one module only". Is there any way to turn this warning off? Thanks. Yes, you can turn off the message through Great Plains Utilities, it is one of the additonal tasks available Michael Bloom www.journeyteam.com michael.bloom@journeyteam.com "Mario J. Frydman" <MarioJFrydman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:398B7...

Add-ons for Purchase Order Generator
Hello: Are there any add-ons for the PO Generator? I am looking for something that could possibly look at the Document ID of any SOP order. Does something like that exist? I'm running GP 9. Thanks. -J On Dec 10, 2:26=A0pm, Joseph Markovich <joejoe...@gmail.com> wrote: > Hello: > > Are there any add-ons for the PO Generator? =A0I am looking for > something that could possibly look at the Document ID of any SOP > order. > > Does something like that exist? > > I'm running GP 9. > > Thanks. > > -J Hello, I ha...

Cannot change received PO to Change Order
Great Plains will not allow me to change a Purchase Order from Received to Change Order: I'm not sure if this matters, but we recieved more than we ordered, which happens quite frequently. Here is the message I get: "This line can't be changed to Released or Change Order. A Received line can be changed to Change Order if it has a quantity cancelled." WHY IS THAT???? However, if I try to enter a quantity cancelled, I get: "The Quantity Cancelled must be less than the remaining quantity. Please enter a new quantity". How can I re-open this Purchas...

Table of Conents Out of Order`
Using Word 2007 and I have created a Table of Contents within a frame (working on a newsletter). The TOC is picking up its data from styles and it works perfectly, except the items within the table of contents are out of order. For example, I have two articles on page 1 and the second article title is showing first in the table of contents. Suggestions? As always, thank you for any help you can provide. If the articles are in text boxes, it could be that the "second" article is anchored to a paragraph that actually precedes the paragraph to which the "first&q...

Vendor Purchase Orders Closed Daily
We would like to have our vendor purchase orders remain open until the vendors shipping minimums are met. What is happening is a new purchase order is opened for each of our vendors (suppliers) every day. Right now, we are manually accumulating our purchase order for each of our vendor to determine if we have met that vendors price break/shipping minimum. Thanks in advance for any help! There's no reason you can't edit a PO created yesterday (or last week, for that matter) and add items to it so long as the Placement Status is "Order not yet placed" (and perhaps eve...

graphing ordered non-numeric value
How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on the x-axis? Hi Mkchu, > How does one graph an ordered but non-numeric value (e.g. Excellent, Very > Good, Good, Satisfactory, Fair, Poor, Failed) on the Y-axis and the date on > the x-axis? Probably the easiest way is to give each of them a number (e.g. Failed = 0, Excellent = 6) and plot those. Then format the Y axis to show markers but no labels and use text boxes for the labels. Regards Stephen Bullen Microsoft MVP - Excel...

Tab order 11-10-04
Is there any way to define tab order within a CRM form while cutomization?. For example, default tab order is top to bottem and not left to right. Afraid not. You only have control over field positioning. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 10:53:05 -0800, "Naeem" <Naeem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Is there any way to define tab order within a CRM form while cutomization?. For example, default tab order is top to bottem and not left to right. ...

change site on sales order
I entered several sales orders with the incorrect site. How can I change the site on these sales orders. I thought that changing the site on the header will roll it down to the lines but that has not happened. This is Great Plains 8.0 I believe you have to change the line items yourself. The header site is simply the default for new line items. After all, if you intentionally have mixture of sites in the line items you would not necessarily want the header to roll down the changes to the line items. Although, it would be nice if the choice was there. -- Charles Allen, MVP "S...

ability to match one RMA to multiple sales orders
customer wants to be able to send out demo equipment with a sales order and a matching RMA - wants to be able to create one RMA for the entire order and not each line ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/...

Internet Orders
According to the documentation RMS is enabled ot inport internet orders via xml. I can't find any information on the required xml format or the directory that RMS pulls the xml file from. I know that their are pre-packaged solutions out there, but that is not what I am looking for. Does anyone have information on the xml file format or the director where the file must be placed for the internet order button in RMS to process? Thanks, David I found documentation in the help files which states: "To use this feature, you must have a virtual store that can accept on-line or...

Problems with an order showing up in open order report
Great Plains 6.0, PSQL2000i We have an order (from July, long transferred to invoice and posted) that is showing up on our open order report. We just ran checklinks, and when I try to go into the order, it says it is posted. When I do an inquiry on sales documents, it show as unposted. How can I fix this. I also tried to all the sales utilities, but nothing seems to work. Is there something I can do in access to remove this? Thanks for all and any help. Julie Carpenter ...

Purchase order Approved BY
I am using Great Plains version 8 and have activated approval limits via Purchase Order Enhancements. I have been told by the consultant from my Microsoft dealer that the name of the user who approved an order cannot be added to my purhace order report as this information is in another dictionary. I suggest Microsoft make whatever changes are required to allow this information to be included in the Purchase Order report. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I ...

Rounding for order size
I'm doing a forecast using some formulas. I want the result to take in consideration the minimun order size. For example if my forecast is 38 I want the result to be expressed as 48 which is the minimun package size. The same for example if forecast is 500 I want it to show 480 or 528 which are the actual amounts that I can request. How can I do this? FA Hi! So, what you want to do is round to the nearest multiple of 48? =ROUND(A1/48,0)*48 Biff "FA" <FA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6E4BD59-5B85-487E-98B7-96E568FB1E44@microsoft.com......

How to check for numbers in ascending order?
Hi, I have a dataset coming back from an application screen where I have to check that the values in a set of fields are in ascending order. Is there an easy way to do this in SQL? I've written the following code using a WHILE loop (which works), but wondered if there was a better way of doing this i.e. using a CTE or similar? Here's the temp table that I've created to hold the values with an added row number: row_number row_id entry_value 1 101965 23000.00 2 101966 24000.00 3 101967 22000.00 ...

Converting work orders to layaways
Can it be done? Or do I have to re-enter the transaction? I have a back-ordered item that has now arrived, and want to turn it into a layaway. And in the past, I've wanted to turn a back order into a work order because I can't apply partial deposits to back orders. -- Top Dog Shop Better (pet) products, naturally Thanks for replying, again, Jeff. To answer the 'why' and 'what is different in my mind' questions - When I first started using RMS a few weeks ago, I incorrectly assumed that RMS would take partial deposits on Back Orders. It seems that it will only ...

Purchase Order and Matching Invoices
We've come across two incidents where a closed purchase order has prevented us from matching to an invoice. The first occurred when someone closed the Purchase prior to being invoiced. The second occurred when an Invoice for a PO was voided but now we can't re-invoice to the PO. With the first incident, we were told to just complete a Payables Trx to create the invoice which will not be reflected with the PO. Is this the only way to re-invoice the second situation? I've reviewed KB854990 but it involves deleting PO history and re-entering the PO and Receipt transactions...

Recieveing orders???
Is the a add on software for RMS that will do recieveing? What I'm trying to do is use a hand held unit to check in orders at a back door and upload it in RMS to do an inverntory. I would like to plug in vendor info case count any sub discription so and so forth. Please help. Retail Realm already has one that works with Piccolink , pocket PC, and CE.net devices check www.retailrealm.co.uk or contact afshin@retailrealm.co.uk "josh" <josh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:024AD582-FA39-4CD6-8456-8F3DBB3D0C8F@microsoft.com... > Is the a add on softw...

Generating Purchase Orders through the API
Is there a way to generate a Purchase Order externally? I didn't see the object available. -- Newbie Developer to RMS On Mon, 9 May 2005 11:54:05 -0700, "Jewelsmith" <Jewelsmith@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to generate a Purchase Order externally? >I didn't see the object available. Yes.. Into QSRules.Gateway you have: Sub CreatePurchaseOrder(POType As Long, PONumber As String, WorksheetID As Long, POTitle As String, Supplier As String, ShipTo As String, DateCreated As Date, RequiredDate As Date, Requisitioner As String, Remarks As St...

Changing payment method on a tendered order
We have a number of orders which were tendered as cash but should have been put on account. Is there a way to recall the order, refund the cash then put the order on account. Right now I think that the only way to do this is to return the item then recreate it in total? Is this correct? Thank you, Jay That is correct. Recall the transaction as either return or void, then do it again the right way. RMS is not very forgiving in this regard. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Jay" wrote: > We have a number of orders which were tendered as cash but should have been >...

Create a list of MDI children that is in the order they were created in?
Hi I want to create a list of all the current open MDI child windows, but in the order they were created in. I'm currently stepping through the list of child windows using: pWndChild = pWndChild->GetWindow(GW_HWNDNEXT); and it creates a list fine but the list is in the current Z-order or something. I really need a list that is in the order that the windows were created. Is there a simple way to do this? (I'm a mfc newbie.) You can maintain a list and add to it whenever a window is created and remove it whenever it is closed. ...