One Register with Line Display Not Working

Hi all ~

I've got a problem with one register's line display.  It's a Posiplex
7000.  I've got two of them, one works and the other doesn't.

I was able to get the line display to work last week, except for the
minor problem with the line wrapping from above.  Now the text is
messed up - it looks like the Matrix code.  Actually, it looks like
the font like the Matrix code (from the movie) or like ascii.  I tried
restarting the pc, unplugging the display and I re-tried the driver
from Posiflex.

It looks like it's a problem within POS, because if I switch to
another application, the display simply blinks as expected.  Actually,
the way it scrolls and blinks that I think it's only selecting the
wrong font.  Right now it's readable.  It does match the
configuration, scrolling and blinking at the setup specifies, but it
looks like it's selecting the wrong font.

If you have any ideas on fixing it, I'd appreciate it.  As I said, I
tried the new OPOS driver from Posiflex, unless I did that wrong.  I
don't actually see a Windows driver for the line display on the
Posiflex web site, only the OPOS drivers.

I'd appreciate any help.

http://www.posiflexusa.com/support/drivers.html
0
jerrypenna (71)
10/22/2004 10:04:26 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Check the baud rate. too high or too low may cause this issue.

I used a PD-2100 and it work fine but text scrolling.

"Jerry Penna" <jerrypenna@msn.com> wrote in message
> Hi all ~
>
> I've got a problem with one register's line display.  It's a Posiplex
> 7000.  I've got two of them, one works and the other doesn't.
>
> I was able to get the line display to work last week, except for the
> minor problem with the line wrapping from above.  Now the text is
> messed up - it looks like the Matrix code.  Actually, it looks like
> the font like the Matrix code (from the movie) or like ascii.  I tried
> restarting the pc, unplugging the display and I re-tried the driver
> from Posiflex.
>
> It looks like it's a problem within POS, because if I switch to
> another application, the display simply blinks as expected.  Actually,
> the way it scrolls and blinks that I think it's only selecting the
> wrong font.  Right now it's readable.  It does match the
> configuration, scrolling and blinking at the setup specifies, but it
> looks like it's selecting the wrong font.
>
> If you have any ideas on fixing it, I'd appreciate it.  As I said, I
> tried the new OPOS driver from Posiflex, unless I did that wrong.  I
> don't actually see a Windows driver for the line display on the
> Posiflex web site, only the OPOS drivers.
>
> I'd appreciate any help.
>
> http://www.posiflexusa.com/support/drivers.html

0
kaibin1 (7)

How do you combine two columns to one? Help!!!!!!
I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! "sttrumpet" <sttrumpet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F72E43CE-CA99-4CD0-BCA1-85EFADCB459D@microsoft.com... > I have address numbers in column A and street names in column B, I want to > combine all of both columns into one without going through the whole process > for each individual cells. HELP!!!!!! Use the fuction =A1&B1 in cell B1 Drag the function ...

Great Plains Basic, Standard, Professional. . . which one?
There are three versions of Great Plains: basic, standard, and professional. -Which one works best with RMS, or is there even a difference among the three? -Will all of them allow sync'ing of open and closed POs? -What, in general, are the price breaks for those three versions? David David, You need to work directly with a Great Plains partner. Implementing GP is no small task, and your GP Partner will be able to assess your workflow needs and show you which version and modules for GP would work best for you. If you need a referral, let me know. -- Mobitech Lady Amy Luby Mobite...

One or more margins are set outside the printable area...
Greetings. I had this message a few years (and Office generations and OS) ago. At that time, I think it was resolved by deleting a normal.dot file (which I did this time) or downloading new printer driver (which I have done). The problem persists. Could I have a step-by-step walk through, please? I have Office 2008 with Snow Leopard, and a Canon Pixma iP2000. Thanks. ...

the last one to three characters of Y-axis label cannot be display
I am using Sony VAIO laptop (Model PCG-K23). The y-axis labe cannot be display fully in Excel 2003, Excel XP, and even Excel Work that came with this laptop. The Sony customer care guys attribute this problem to MS software problem. Does any one know how I can solve this problem? I have updated my Office2003, Window XP, and even graphic driver (ATI Radeon IGP). ...

Creating a prompt in Subject line
How do I create a prompt in the subject line of emails to remind people to enter certain lines of text. For instance many of our employees must inserst a declaration in their subject line, in line with a legal requirement such as "this email is designated as 'Restricted under........." Is there a code I could use to look to see if this text or certain 'words' have not been included and a prompt appear to remind peoplpe to do so? Many people do use the subject line but they omit this particular text - which is a requirement in our particular office for ...

Can you move a page from one publication to another?
Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move it into the one you are currently creating? Select all, copy, and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "Melis" <Melis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AE2DE89E-E052-4A56-9E62-79C8528450D4@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to pick up a page from another publisher document and move > it > into the one you are currently creating? ...

Command line style switch for MFC GUI app?
I have inherited a large MFC app. I want to add an option to dump the log, which currently goes to a console window, to a file. The code to do this is written and works fine. However, it is important that the option to do so is not presented to a standard user (the app is already in use and changes to the interface are to be avoided if possible - the end users are very time-constrained in their actions, reacting to events in real-time, and adding buttons etc. just confuses them!) . As such, I'd like it to be triggered by the command calling the application. In essence, some kind of...

Work out tithe in Money
I know I'm using a very old version but a brief search seems to suggest that the situation has not changed much since from 2001 so I'll still ask this question. Why does Microsoft Money not have a built in way of calculating tithe? I'm sure I'm not the only person left in the world that still believes that the first 10% of earnings should be given away (to God or whoever you believe it should go to). Is there a good way of calculating this in Money? All I want is an option that you can select which will total the total net income each month and calculate 10% of this va...

American Express
I have my account set up to automatically update from Money 2005 My amex account has multiple cards The statement uploaded into MSM 2005 includes transactions from all cards I want transactions from each card seperated Any ideas Money 2004. "Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7CD0B78-10AB-4A9E-B272-1299B5866B4D@microsoft.com... >I have my account set up to automatically update from Money 2005 > My amex account has multiple cards > The statement uploaded into MSM 2005 includes transactions from all cards > I want transactions from each c...

how do i get "click on" in recieved e mails to work
WHEN I RECEIVE E MAILS WITH "CLICK ON" STATEMENTS TO GO TO SOME OTHER WEB SITE MY OUTLOOK JUST BRINGS UP A BLANK MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER PAGE AND GOES NO WHERE. WHAT SETTINGS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE TO CAUSE THE "CLICK ON" TO GO TO THE INTENDED WEB SITES. WJONES1122 <WJONES1122@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > WHEN I RECEIVE E MAILS WITH "CLICK ON" STATEMENTS TO GO TO SOME OTHER > WEB SITE MY OUTLOOK JUST BRINGS UP A BLANK MICROSOFT INTERNET > EXPLORER PAGE AND GOES NO WHERE. WHAT SETTINGS DO I HAVE TO CHANGE TO > CAUSE THE "CLICK ON...

One BIG reason for the decline in the news groups.
You never put Windows 7 on the newsgroups. You put 64 bit which coverts all three O/S's I you would have put all the Windows 7 N/G's I think you would have seen a gain instead of a decline. -- Have a good day, RScotti remove "nospam" in order to email me. ...

Displaying 2 y Axis in different areas
I work in Excel 2000 and need to create a chart that displays data but i have to give the charts to my boss to read who is not very clever and gets very confused with them so i need a way of getting a y axis to display on both sides of the chart so that is lists what is on each side. at the moment it takes me ages using paint and other programs. Can it be done through excel charts -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Hi, You will find an explanation here http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http:...

line graph-need to pick up dates as values for the x axis?
How do you get a line graph to pick up and show dates as the values on the x axis, not starting at zero nor at the first of the month. There doesn't seem to be anywhere for x-axis data to be transferred to the x- axis. I did put the dates into a row of cells and highlight them. i am using MS office 2000. Go to Source Data on the Chart menu. On the Series tab, select the series, then click in the XValues box, clear it if necessary, and select the range that contains your dates. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions ht...

Automatically pull data from one file to populate a template
Hi Everyone... Just beginning to get the hang of vba coding in excel. I would like to implement a new feature in a spreadsheet here at the office. We currently have a master records sheet containing vital information on unit processing. Each unit then has a sub file containing additional information. Currently one must populate the master record file. Then open a template and populate another file with the same information. I would like to streamline this process and have the data in the master record file automatically inserted into the template, allowing the user to only have to ...

Display bitmap in larger dimensions than original
How can i display an image in larger dimensions than its original dimensions. Image is to be displayed in a picture control . E.G. a image of original dimension 320 X 240 is to be displayed in 800 X 600 i have tried it with CPaintDC(this); dc.StretchBlt(left, top, 800, 600, &m_dcMem, 0, 0,320,240, SRCCOPY); but it get flooded on dialog box ? is there any solution. Plz reply quickly... Why use the Picture control? Why not simply StretchBlt strainght onto Dialog. AliR. ...

help, derag won't work and the outlook folder shows 36000 fragmnets
defragmented and the program works fine but when it finishes it looks the same on the as the original analysis. Then I look at the report and it list a lot of files that can't be drfragmented. The only thing I can think of is that this pc was once on MSexchange (the reason I mention it is that the outlook pst which is 1.8 gigs, shows 36000 fragments and it is located in the c/exchange folder) Anyway, what do I do??? how can I get the drive to defrag? Hello Bob When you open IE\Properties\Programs what do you see in there under E-Mail box. Use the dropdown arrow and take a peek on ...

archive mailbox trough command line?
Hello, Is there a way to make the Outlook archives the mailbox via command line? I have a few hard-to- handle users who are not willing to do the archiving, now their mailbox size is more than 1.5 GB each :( I can't set the storage limit on their account, and they are not allowing the tech support to do the archiving for them. Meanwhile, the database is growing.. so I am wondering if I can force their Outlook to archive the mailboxes via command line or a script that can be assigned via login script on GPO. Thanks in advance. On Mon, 06 Feb 2006 00:50:02 +0400, dev8008 <dev8008-i...

PS 2010 : Work planned vs. forecast
Hello, I didn't succeed in browsing in the new forum for Project Server 2010, so I post my question here, in this good old news-group... I'm reading the Microsoft Project 2010 Enterprise Project Management Solution Demo.doc document. On page 113, there is a dashboard which displays Cumulative Work Planned vs. Actual vs. Forecast. English is not my mother language. What is the difference between planned and forecast? Thanks for your help. Hi Robert, Excellent question :) Having seen the report, planning is baseline work. Forecast is work and Actual is actual wo...

email router working?
hi, i have installed crm-exchange email router on a sbs enviroment. now i can send email to a test user on the same domain over ms crm but i cannot see his reply as an activity in my activities list. what can be the reason? regards, orkun Orkun, Internal email will not be parsed by the CRM email router. Only inbound SMTP trffic is looked at. Matt "Orkun Goze" <orkung@nospam.mostint.com> wrote in message news:%23VRT7zgpDHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... hi, i have installed crm-exchange email router on a sbs enviroment. now i can send email to a test user on the same dom...

52 Work sheets (Tabs)
I have 52 work sheets named week 1 to week 2 once data is completed for each week is it possible to have the tabs change colour automatically to indicate week is finished to go on to next week if it is HOW Excel needs to know when you have completed a sheet. Say we pick B9. If you enter a value in B9 Excel will do the coloring. Enter this event macro in the worksheet code area: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) If Intersect(Target, Range("B9")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub ActiveSheet.Tab.ColorIndex = 10 End Sub Because it is worksheet code, it...

Inbox "Cannot Display the Folder"
We are running Exchange Server 2003 as our mail server. We have a few people still running Win98, so they have to run Outlook 2000 as a corporate/workgroup. On one 98 workstation, whenever she tries to open her inbox, she gets "Cannot Display Folder" I tried uninstalling Outlook 2000 and re-installing and got the same result. I can't determine if this is client side or server side. All of her other folders (sent items, calender, deleted items, etc) open fine. Please help. ...

Using CTreeCtrl to display streaming data
Hi there, I'm going to be creating an application that displays test data to a certain processor. The default view is to show the overall status of the processor. If there is an error shown, the user can click that processor and specific devices within the processor will be shown with their status. Now here is what I want to do with CTreeCtrl, since I'm brand new to MFC I just need to know what I want is feasible... to get simpler test data, a certain message has to be continously pinged to the processor. To get the detailed test data, more messages have to be sent. Is t...

Extracting Values on one list and not another
I obtained a formula from www.cpearson.com for extracting values on one list and not another. I put 16717 rows of part numbers in cells A2:A16717. I put another list of part numbers in cells B2:B16717. I entered the formula =IF(COUNTIF($A$2:$A$16717,B2)=0,B2,"") into cell C2 and used the fill corner to enter the formula in C cells down to C16717. (which it the one from the web site) Shouldnt I be getting the values that on on the B cell list but not in the A cell list? Seems like I was, ( had to keep putting new numbers in the B cell list over and over to get a new extracte...

Links in received items don't work
I'm trying out Microsoft Outlook 2007. Whenever I try to respond to an email by clicking on a link in the message I get the following error message: "General failure. URL is http://............... Application not found." What do I do to get these links to work? This is probably caused by a wayward default browser setting. Please try the following steps: 1.. change your default browser back to Internet Explorer (temporarily) 2.. after you have done step 1, then change your default browser back to <chosen browser name> -- Thanks greg mansius [MSFT] Microsoft Off...

How might one serialize a sorted dictionary?
given a sorted dictionary of sorted dictionaries Private m_profilesDict As Dictionary(Of String, Object) = New Dictionary(Of String, Object) If m_profilesDict.ContainsKey(ProfileName) Then ProfileDict = m_profilesDict.Item(ProfileName) Else ProfileDict = New SortedDictionary(Of Double, String) m_profilesDict.Add(ProfileName, ProfileDict) End If If ProfileDict.ContainsKey(dlength) Then .... Else ProfileDict.Add(dlength, "to be determined") End If so at runtime i might have M_ProfileDict.Item ("A") ProfileDict.Item("25").Value = &quo...