Offline Database Sync #3

Is there anyway to manually sync the offline database with the online
database on the server?

We have a register that travels to several weekend shows.  We use the
offline database when it travels and would like to reconnect it when it
returns to the store.

Since we process credit cards with a secure wireless connection, we want to
run a Z report each day and settle the EDC Batch for credit card
transactions.  In order to accomplish that we do the following.

We sync the offline database before the show.  Then modify the SO Admin to
point the primary database to the offline database.

When we bring the register back to the store, we modify the primary
datasbase back to the online DB.  Unfortunately, it does not update
transactions to the online database because we have "tricked" the register by
utilizing its offline database as its new primary.

What is the best way to update the transactions to the online database?
0
Tim6814 (325)
2/10/2009 6:20:10 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Investment Opportunity! #3
INVESTMENT OPPORTUNITY! Fork It Over! a Ground Floor Unique Dimension & Concept In the Children's Entertainment Market... For More information http://www.kidseyeview.us ...

Guidence Needed for Corruption Of Database
Need Some Guidence We in pakistan are facing some serious power failures sometimes even the UPS are also not properly charged therefore the computer shuts down right after the power failure. The database gets corrupted due to this issue when someone is working and the power goes out. What I need to know is if I split the database on the same computer i.e on the workstation on which it is installed, will it help that the tables which are in another partition of the drive are saved and dont get corrupted. Or will it not only corrupt the forms but also the tables. Please advi...

More than 3 installs?
I have Office v.X that was upgraded to 2004. Since buying the v.X I have my third Mac (TiBook that had a unfortunate and violent contact with concrete, interrim PowerMac and current PowerBook). I am thinking of buying a new MacBook but I have already used my three installation codes from the original v.X package. What to do? Mika Hi Mika: Use the codes again! The codes are not like "tear off strips", they are "licences". Provided that there is only one installation currently operating with each licence, you're legal. I assume the TiBook you bounced is still dead?...

Outlook CRM offline data
We are very much worried about CRM outlook offline (MSDE) data. Is it possible to protect the data from accessing through any SQL tools? If not, what are the best ways to protect the data? Please advice. Thanks Hussain ...

Is there any update on the Entourage Notes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop see this thread for details? <br> Ian IJH@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel > Email Client: pop see this thread for details? Sorry, no link appears in your message. To date, I know of no announcements from either Microsoft or Apple indicating they are working on making Notes sync. Entourage 2008 was released with its Notes format before Apple released their version of Mail with Notes. Apple simply didn...

Issues with Sync-ing of contacts to WM phone
Hi, I am having a serious problem with the size of the contact file being sync-ed into my mobile phone. Things started going wrong after I imported all my contacts to Google contacts for backing up and re-importing it back from Google whilst replacing duplicates. Prior to this, i had no issues with even more contacts, eg 2200+. Since then, the size of the contact file in my mobile phone has been huge, nearing 60mb and not all contacts are in yet. The file name on the WM phone is “pim.vol” and my phone model is HTC Touch 3G. Do advise if there is any way i can eith...

we have version 1.3.1002 and no maint. plan
Hello again: We purchased this verison early last year because of a discount offered. now we are finally installing it and need to know if the (known) issues with this release warrant not switching over from QS2000. Are the issues severe enough that you would not implement - i.e. are any there data integity issues with this version? That would be our biggest fear... In an earlier post I mentioned one problem we experienced in the SO Manager ending after a popup error. But everything appears to be functioning... I know that we should purchase the later release and support fo...

Database function criteria
I am using DGET and DSUM in a data table to return data from a long list. All works fine, except that DGET returns NUM! errors for some fields because it is trying to return 2 values rather than one unique value. This is because it seems not to distinguish between my criteria. For example, it thinks that line items 'Depreciation' and 'DEPRECIATIONS' are the same. The Excel help mentions that the functions are not case sensitive, but even correcting for the case of the criteria, I have some that DGET thinks are the same. Does anyone know the exact behaviour of the databas...

Outlook 2003, Cache Mode, Offline Addressbook
Outlook 2003, Exc.2003 server, cache mode enabled If changes in the addressbook are made on the server, the offline addressbook will never be synchronized. I can also not modify this in the Send/Receive option. In former versions there was the option 'Download changes since last send/received'. Can someone help? "The price of running MS Outlook on the desktop may far exceed its price...!" try www.seasidesw.com "Fritz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c4f01c3a47a$41b6a4c0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Outlook 2003, Exc.2003 ser...

CRM 3.0 Installation error 11-28-05
I am getting an error when CRM tries to create the root business. My client is using an OU within an OU, installing under the domain admin account. As soon as I can I am going to go over their setup one more time to make sure permissions are all in place, but has anyone else run into this error? Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ProvisionBusinessAction failed. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80044151): Exception from HRESULT: 0x80044151. at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CBizOrganizationClass.IBizOrganization_Create...

money 2006 small business #3
My file is very large. Is there anything I can do to help the program move faster. Someone helped me with 2004 and it seemed to make a differece. Maybe there are bells and whistles that I dont need much. It is frustrating to wait for somthing to record. Thanks. RBC In microsoft.public.money, RBC wrote: >My file is very large. Is there anything I can do to help the program move >faster. Someone helped me with 2004 and it seemed to make a differece. Maybe >there are bells and whistles that I dont need much. It is frustrating to wait >for somthing to record. Thanks. First...

Outlook and Offline Files
I have a wireless network set up in my home. I have a desktop and a laptop connected to it. My .pst file resides on my desktop. I have set up Offline Files on my laptop so that I can access my desktop .pst and make the file available on the laptop if I'm out of range with the laptop or not connected to the network. However, when I'm not connected to the network, and I try to run Outlook on the laptop, Outlook gives me an error saying it can't connect to the .pst on the desktop and then closes down. It doesn't give me the option to work offline with the Offline File ...

backing up outlook files #3
trying to backup my contacts from outlook 2003. My OS has to be reinstalled and I'm trying to save some files. Unless I'm missing something, I can't find the tools to do this. Any help out there? File-> Import and Export...-> Export to a file-> choose pst-file To back-up all mail data copy your current pst-file; Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ You can also locate the file by using Rightclick the r...

Is it possible to have 3 linked subforms?
I'm having dificulty getting 3 linked subforms to operate correctly. I have a main form with an artist look up combo in the form header. On that form I have a subform#1 that is a list of the music titles (fldMusicID) by the artist (fldVocalistID) selected in the combo. Subform#2 then details all the discs which contain a recording of the music title selected in subform#1. I setup subform#1 as a child to the main form via the fldVocalistID. I then added a hidden textbox named MyLinkTextbox1 to the main form, set the LinkMaster property of subform#2 to [MyLinkTextBox1] and the LinkChild pr...

Problem adding address to Net Folder calender Outlook 2000 since SP 3
Hello, since I have updated to SP 3 with Outlook 2000, I am not able to add an address to my net folder calender. The button is still active but nothing happens if I press it. Does anybody has the same question and can help me? Thanks for the Reply. Best regards, Mathias Ulmer ...

Non-profit database?
Hi - I have spent most of today searching for an answer to this question an have come up empty handed. Perhaps someone can help. I am trying t create a database of non-profit organizations (and their information). I would like each Non-Profit to have a page ... really a form o template ... where all their information (Name, Address, Missio Statement, Category -from pull-down menu if possible, etc.) could b entered to the right of the topics (which are listed down the left sid of the page). I would also like all that information to be linked/exported/merged t a large master list that woul...

joining disperate databases
Hi! I have been trying to produce a report in excel using ms query, but not getting very far... I have a MySQL database on an exernal server that contains a product database. I can access this using e.g. SELECT products_0.products_model, products_0.products_quantity FROM catalog.products products_0 I also have a local MS Access database containing lists of products sold, SELECT Items.Description, Items.End FROM `C:\some\folder\data`.Items Items WHERE (Items.Description Like '%sgele010%') ORDER BY Items.End What I would like to be able to do is : for each products_model, report t...

Database acces, security and audit trails
Does anyone have experience using Excel as a front-end viewer to databases such as SQL Server, Oracle and Essbase? We also need full security support, such as LDAP, and audit trails. I saw a product from Juice.com that seems to provide some of these functions, does anyone have experience with them? Thank you. Carmine Don't you just hate it when your message is apparently ignored? I know I do. I sometimes post things that stump me and most of the time, apparently, it stumps all out here that may want to offer a touch of dubious free advice. I rarely get answers to questions t...

sync aol/imapp and hotmail/http to outlook
how do i sync aol/imapp and hotmail/http e mail accounts to go to outlook so that i can read them in one place? -- Mr. C Not sure what you mean by sync - outlook can check AOL mail but only hotmail if you have a paid account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenot...

convert Latin1_General database to unicode
Hi, I support an application which just "learned" unicode. Is there a (easy) way to convert the existing database (Latin1_General) into unicode? Kind regards -- :: www.security-blog.eu :: www.schmidtjohannes.de :: www.ServerHowTo.de :: www.MCSEboard.de "js" <js@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C97DA767-E352-4C41-889A-69E9AF7852C1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I support an application which just "learned" unicode. Is there a (easy) > way > to convert the existing database (Latin1_General) into unicode? &...

3.0 Upgrade Failed
We have recently been trying to upgrade our 1.2 installation to 3.0, but have ran into some stumbling blocks along the way. After resolving the "Invalid SQL replication data" error on the advisor we were finally able to continue on with the installation but now continuously get the below error causing a failed installation. The enviornment is as such: SQL 2000 SP4 on 2003 std CRM 1.2 on seperate 2003 std Active Directory operating in 2003 functional Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome. Thanks! Error| Install exception.System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server....

Notes don't come over when going offline
Having a problem with going offline, everything comes over except for the Notes. Any suggestions anyone? Very frustrating! In the Microsoft CRM 3.0 online Help topic, “Working Offline” it explains that you can select which data you want copied to your local computer. It lists the default local data groups that are available, and Notes is one of them. If the Notes local data group was not selected, the Notes wouldn’t come over. You can also learn more from this article: http://www.microsoft.com/dynamics/crm/using/sales/localdatagroup.mspx "JDC" wrote: > Having a problem...

postmaster #3
Hi all, May I ask quite silly questions? Where is the postmaster mailbox? If there is one, how do I enable it? Thanks a lot. On Mon, 26 Feb 2007 12:07:05 -0800, Jane <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >May I ask quite silly questions? > >Where is the postmaster mailbox? If there is one, how do I enable it? > >Thanks a lot. Per RFC 2821: Any system that includes an SMTP server supporting mail relaying or delivery MUST support the reserved mailbox "postmaster" as a case- insensitive local name. This postmaster address is not s...

Reading/removing NNTP messages from the Exchange database
Hi all, I have a the newsserver running on the default nntp server and I do not have extra Virtual directories defined, so I assume my messages are in Pub1.EDB Is there a way to access those messages beside via a NNTP client? I like to be able to remove some of them. Any help is appreciated, Ressiv ...

Converting Word labels to Excel Database
Hi! I have a mailing list set up as labels in Word, and I'd like to convert it into an Excel database. Is there an easier way to do so, short of copying and pasting each name from the label into the name column in Excel, each address from Word into Excel, etc.? Something along the lines of a reverse Mail Merge? If you reply, would you mind, please, copying me on my e mail at mhendersona2@yahoo.com Thanks! Mary Hi Mary i've done this previously using the following method in Word, choose Edit / Replace, click in the "find what" box and then click on More, click ...