Number lock key on the computer key pad

Hi,

I have come across a weird situation with respect to number lock key. Before
the transaction I make sure that the number lock key is ON, then I scan few
items, and after I finish the transaction I find the number lock key is
automatically turned off.
So on next transaction I have to manually turn it on to punch the tender
amount.

I have tried rebooting the computer, resetting the key pad, resetting the
scanner, but none helps. Has anyone else encountered this condition, and is
there any fix for that?

Thanks,
Vaidehi
0
Vaidehi (9)
12/20/2005 10:08:02 PM
pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Vaidehi,

Never seen it happen.

Here's a link to always turn on the numlock on startup of XP;

http://www.tweakxp.com/article37425.aspx

Make a backup first. While in regedit | File | Export | give it a name and
save it in your "My Documents" folder.
--
*
"Vaidehi" <Vaidehi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
Hi,

I have come across a weird situation with respect to number lock key. Before
the transaction I make sure that the number lock key is ON, then I scan few
items, and after I finish the transaction I find the number lock key is
automatically turned off.
So on next transaction I have to manually turn it on to punch the tender
amount.

I have tried rebooting the computer, resetting the key pad, resetting the
scanner, but none helps. Has anyone else encountered this condition, and is
there any fix for that?

Thanks,
Vaidehi

0
spam3944 (2163)
12/20/2005 10:40:05 PM
I had this problem with IBM 4694 POS.

version 1.7 and later subsystem and OPOS drivers fixed it.

"Vaidehi" <Vaidehi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have come across a weird situation with respect to number lock key.
> Before
> the transaction I make sure that the number lock key is ON, then I scan
> few
> items, and after I finish the transaction I find the number lock key is
> automatically turned off.
> So on next transaction I have to manually turn it on to punch the tender
> amount.
>
> I have tried rebooting the computer, resetting the key pad, resetting the
> scanner, but none helps. Has anyone else encountered this condition, and
> is
> there any fix for that?
>
> Thanks,
> Vaidehi

0
anonymous (74722)
12/21/2005 12:14:05 AM
We are experiencing the exact same issue in one of our stores.   We are using
Dell SX280s.  I will attempt the suggestions in this forum but if anything
new has been discovered about this issue I'd love to know.

"Jeff" wrote:

> Vaidehi,
>
> Never seen it happen.
>
> Here's a link to always turn on the numlock on startup of XP;
>
> http://www.tweakxp.com/article37425.aspx
>
> Make a backup first. While in regedit | File | Export | give it a name and
> save it in your "My Documents" folder.
> --
> *
> "Vaidehi" <Vaidehi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have come across a weird situation with respect to number lock key. Before
> the transaction I make sure that the number lock key is ON, then I scan few
> items, and after I finish the transaction I find the number lock key is
> automatically turned off.
> So on next transaction I have to manually turn it on to punch the tender
> amount.
>
> I have tried rebooting the computer, resetting the key pad, resetting the
> scanner, but none helps. Has anyone else encountered this condition, and is
> there any fix for that?
>
> Thanks,
> Vaidehi

0
KevinL1 (9)

Payroll Batch Number
Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that lists the batch number in addition to the transaction detail that is contained in UPR30300. Thank you, Jeff Majchrzak No, the batch number is not available for reporting. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Jeff Majchrzak" wrote: > Is it possible to obtain the batch number of a transaction after it has been > posted? I have been asked to create a report for our payroll department that > lists the bat...

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

moving outlook to a new computer
A sudden and unexpected component fault(graphics chip) on the motherboard of my laptop necessitated the purchase of a new laptop. I had not backed up any data from the old machine, but have now restored all my documents and files via an external hard drive adaptor. Unfortunately I'm struggling to transfer my Outlook data to the new laptop from the old drive. I have followed the Import/Export wizard in Outlook to import the .pst file after saving it from the old hard drive, but just get the following message "This Personal Folder file (.pst) is already in use in the curre...

catching enter key for multiple editboxes
I know that to catch the enter key I need to subclass the editbox control, but I was wondering if there is a way to do this for multiple editboxes other than to subclass each control? I suppose I could do one and then create the others dynamically, but can it be done during design as well? Roger ...

Auto formatting features: How do I align page numbers in publicati
I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can someone help me? Cissy99 wrote: > I've got a problem with my publication. I can't align even page numbers to > the left without automatic moving the odd numbers to the left as well? Can > someone help me? You need to create a two-page master rather than a one-page master. What version of Publisher are you running? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Unable to enter correct product key
I have purchased a Mac G4 PowerBook and installed my Microsoft Office (student and teacher edition). Not understanding the significance of the Product Key, I entered a code that I have already used on another computer. Now I am unable to open Microsoft Word on my hew computer because I also have the same product key used on my old computer. I have three product keys. How can I install the program in my new computer using the correct product key? In article <d10c35c6.0408302116.39c1cc84@posting.google.com>, gstoddard@charter.net (george) wrote: > I have purchased a Mac G4 PowerBook ...

Numbering Recurring Items #2
Hey all, Is it possible to number recurring items such as tasks and appointments? I have several recurring appointments for lectures, and would like to show them as "Lecture 1" in week/occurence 01, "Lecture 2" in week/occurance 2, etc. Thanks, Murdoc -- Murdoc ## ------------------------ "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tyre." "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein &...

Excel devides every number by 100
Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and adding loads of work to my project. thanks "=?Utf-8?B?a2luZ3M=?=" <kings@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:48A39EFC-2D09-420F-B2DF-6EF5C0DB6109@microsoft.com: > Even when I open a brand new file. I input a number (ie 5) > and get 0.05 back. I have tried doing everything in cell > format etc.. anyone have an idea? it is very annoying and > adding loads of work to my project. > ...

Copying Publisher from One computer to another
I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What should I do? You can't, you have to install it from the CD. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Jasmin" <Jasmin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EB558F1-525D-47BD-A54B-BC62C410D79E@microsoft.com... |I want to copy Publisher from my old computer to my new one, but if I can't | seem to locate all the files I need to make it work on the new computer. What | shoul...

How do I lock a chart so it will not update?
That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in Excel but not all the data cells are used. Everytimg I open the chart it wants to update and I want it to stay the same. Any ideas on how to lock the chart? Hi Just a few ideas: You could lock the cells that are shown in the chart. Or you could copy the cells and paste as values (assuming formulas were used that update when other cells change). -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Locking a Chart" wrote: > That's the question. I have my data in Excel and the chart in ...

page numbering
I want to change the way the date appears in the footer and header. Currently the date is day/month/year. I want month/day/year. setting the date to a particular format is easy in a cell. How do I set the date format in the header and footer? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ jamessem, you could use a macro like this to do it Sub test() With ActiveSheet.PageSetup .LeftFooter = Format(Date, "mmmm dd, yyyy") End With End Sub ...

Getting same number to appear over and again
Hi. I'm trying to change the E's I have entered in a column to 1's. However, in lieu of changing them one by one, I would like to do them all in one fell swoop. Any suggestions? John Hi John You could use find and replace. Select all of your data. Goto Edit>Find Find what:- E Replace with:- 1 HTH Martin John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel group. And do a google search for newsgroup etiquette!! John Do NOT multipost. See your answer in Excel ...

How do I transfer mail over network to other computer?
I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the home computer but I can't seem to figure out the import/export functions. Bill <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have Outlook Express 6 on my laptop and Outlook 2000 as > well ast Outlook Express 6 on my home computer. They are > networked using a hub and I want to back up my mail on the > home computer but I can't seem to figure out the > import/export functions. Create...

Read file info using SMO locks database!
Hi! I'm using SMO from C# to restore a database from a backup file. Since I want to re-use the same datafiles I try to read the datafiles in my destination database and call RelocateFile to use these filenames during the restore. Everyting works fine except when I try to read the current datafilenames (see code below). If I skip this code and just hardcode the paths in relocatefile everything works fine. Database db = svr.Databases[destinationDBName]; foreach (FileGroup group in db.FileGroups) foreach (DataFile file in group.Files) Console.WriteLine...

Other problem with recent update that locks you out without product key
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key, but I'm also finding that I'm getting a sound stutter when I watch movies online with Netflix. This wasn't happening before the download and I don't get the stutter when I switch to Windows operating system. Is anyone else having this trouble and have you been able to fix it? Thanks. Hey !! I can't get into my Office anymore either until I locate my product key because on my mac, download updates come through automatically. ...

CRM prompts for user name and password on domain joined computer but not for all users, only a few
Hello, We are having a problem, it appears to be related to the users that have installed IE 7 but we are not sure. We are using CRM 3 and all our users are domain authed, people are using the web interface and the outlook one. We have a couple users (not all) that are getting a login box everytime they try to do anything in CRM. One for example, when he opens outlook he gets the message that the crm server could not be located, if we click on the accounts folder in outlook it asks for his login info, he enters it and the accounts show, but when he double clicks on an account it asks for h...

Repeat statements "x" number of times...
Hi All, I have the following code at the end of a long macro: Columns("D:D").Find(What:="total").Select ActiveCell.Offset(0, 4).Range("A1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=Sum(RC[-1]-RC[-2])" ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "0.00" ActiveCell.Font.Bold = True With ActiveCell.Interior .ColorIndex = 6 End With What I am doing is when the word "total" appears, it will go to the cell 4 columns to the right, and then do a formula and format the cell. Question: How can I get this to repeat itself for eac...

Opening Access with the Shift key
I've locked myself out of my own Access2007 database after implementing some settings on how it should open. I used to get back in to older versions by holding down the shift key whilst opening the database, but this does not work in 2007. How do i get back to the advanced access options when I open this *.accdb database? On Sun, 2 Dec 2007 18:38:00 -0800, f13lecturer wrote: > I've locked myself out of my own Access2007 database after implementing some > settings on how it should open. I used to get back in to older versions by > holding down the shift key whilst openi...

CRM 3.0 Locks up Outlook
I have tried to re-install, tried repair nothing works. What is the deal with this software??????? Hi Mark, Do you own alot of contacts in the CRM system? If so, you first time starting the application after the installation will probably take a long time because it synchronize all your contacts to your Outlook. If you don't want the initial sync, you need to disabled the sync by going to your personal settings in CRM or the registry on your laptop. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek http://www.crowecrm.com On Jul 27, 2:36 pm, Mark <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried ...

Fatloss computer program
I have been using this computer program for a couple weeks now and i am very pleased with the results so far. its a software fatloss program, if your looking for a diet/weightloss plan i reccomend you check this place out first: http://fatloss9.50webs.com ...

locking a spreadsheet
is it possible to lock the format of a spreadsheet, but still be able to input data?? Hi Yes, it's the default behavior. Format your sheet. Select all cells where input IS allowed, uncheck Locked in the Format > Cells > Protection menu and then lock the sheet with menu Tools > Protection > Protect sheet menu. The options there depends on your Excel version, but defaults should work as desired. HTH. Best wishes Harald "mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i melding news:568A7A98-CF86-4325-BC85-0769127CB92B@microsoft.com... > is it possible to ...

sort special text/numbers in format with many dots
Hi I need your help with sorting in Excel! I have mani Text fields with numbers into it. As example: 1 5.1 1.2 10.2.1 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 And it should sorted like this 1 1.2 1.2.3 2 2.1.5 3 3.2.1.1 3.3.1.1.1 5.1 10.2.1 How can I sort this like numbers? My problem is, that not all Numbers have the same format as x.x.x.x! And I can't change this Text-Fields to Numbers, because 10.6.1 looks the like 37052 :-( Any suggestions? Thx Marco Hi With your data in column A, insert a blank column at B. In B1 enter =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND(".",A1)),LEFT(A1,FIND(".&q...

How do I format cells to a specific number of digits?
I am trying to format a column so I can enter 5 digits only. It has between 5 and 7 digit numbers in it right now and I need to delete the remaining ones. It is about 350 numbers, so it would be a lot of work to go into each cell and delete the remaning numbers. Is therea way I can format the whole column to allow 5 digits? The same happened with letters. I had codes in it that consisted of numbers and letters and the client only wants the first two letters to remain. How can it be formatted so only 2 characters are allowed to keep me from having to enter each cell separately? Hi form...