Newsgroup Retention and Outlook Express 6

I'm currently using Outlook Express 6 as my newsreader and was unaware that
OE would delete messages/posts as soon as they are removed from the
microsft.public.pos server/group, which is currently 60 days (regardless
what you have set in OE).

Is there anybody that can provide me with all the microsoft.public.pos posts
preferable in a OE database/format ?
( I can sign up to some newsgroup servers but their retention is usually
less than a month or so. Google has them available without attachments but
you can only access them thru a web interface)

Any help?

pos 14173 articles. 0 followers. Follow

I believe Google caches the newsgroups and other
Usenet service providers may also.

--
<%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results  -- Half the Cost"
         Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development

"Alex" <no-spamAlexV@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
> I'm currently using Outlook Express 6 as my newsreader and was unaware
that
> OE would delete messages/posts as soon as they are removed from the
> microsft.public.pos server/group, which is currently 60 days (regardless
> what you have set in OE).
>
> Is there anybody that can provide me with all the microsoft.public.pos
posts
> preferable in a OE database/format ?
> ( I can sign up to some newsgroup servers but their retention is usually
> less than a month or so. Google has them available without attachments but
> you can only access them thru a web interface)
>
> Any help?

I appreciate your response, but as noted in my original post Google only has
a web interface to access the "cached" newsgroups and with Google you can
not use a newsreader. Also as noted in my original post other Usenet service
providers only retain the post for usually less than 30 days.

Again if anybody could email me their OE folder with microsoft.public.pos
posts I would appreciate it. (Glenn Adams perhaps?)

Thanks anyway!

"clintonG" <csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com> wrote in message
>I believe Google caches the newsgroups and other
> Usenet service providers may also.
>

> --
> <%= Clinton Gallagher, "Twice the Results  -- Half the Cost"
>         Architectural & e-Business Consulting -- Software Development
>         NET csgallagher@REMOVETHISTEXTmetromilwaukee.com
>         URL http://www.metromilwaukee.com/clintongallagher/
>

> "Alex" <no-spamAlexV@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>> I'm currently using Outlook Express 6 as my newsreader and was unaware
> that
>> OE would delete messages/posts as soon as they are removed from the
>> microsft.public.pos server/group, which is currently 60 days (regardless
>> what you have set in OE).
>>
>> Is there anybody that can provide me with all the microsoft.public.pos
> posts
>> preferable in a OE database/format ?
>> ( I can sign up to some newsgroup servers but their retention is usually
>> less than a month or so. Google has them available without attachments
>> but
>> you can only access them thru a web interface)
>>
>> Any help?

outlook forms #8
Stephen I need to know how you change the name of the tab/P.2 when creating an Outlook form. Also, how do you delete or create on the default message tab when creating a form. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 send and recieve hang have to restart computer
I am having a problem with Outlook hanging on the send and recieve function if I do not do a manaual send all every minute or so. When I shut down Outlook it stays locked until I reset my computer with an error message of ThorConnW?dClass the ? is a letter I cannot read, I then have to use the end program to exit out and restart my computer. Thanks Mike ...

Visual c++ 6.0 and 2005
I've recently migrated from 6.0 to Net 2005 an using Visual c++ i don't understand how implement event handler function for button created in toolbar. In 6.0 version i created buttons assigning them an ID and with class wizard i was able to map the related OnButtonName() eventHandler function. In 2005 version i can do this with menu items, but the ID assigned to toolbar buttons created don't appear in the list of events related to every class for the project.In the events class list are present the default ID_FILE_OPEN, ID_FILE_CUT,ecc that are mapped to the related toolbar bu...

Visual C++ 6.0 & MFC memory leaks
Am just wondering if anyone knows a good Tricks of the Trade Visual C++ 6.0 MFC site regarding memory leaks. For example, when we use str.GetBuffer() we should call str.ReleaseBuffer(), etc. Andrew Wan wrote: > Am just wondering if anyone knows a good Tricks of the Trade Visual C++ 6.0 > MFC site regarding memory leaks. For example, when we use str.GetBuffer() we > should call str.ReleaseBuffer(), etc. There are no "tricks". All you need to do is to follow several simple rules: 1. Release everything you acquire. 2. Allocation/freeing pair must match: new/delete, ...

Outlook 2007 Crashing When Accessing "Old" Emails
I just added a new computer to our home office (OS: Windows 7 Home Premier). Outlook 2007 was easily installed and I could create and send email with no problem. I copied my .pst files from my old computer (also Outlook 2007, but XP Pro SPF) onto the new computer. But when I select an email to read from one of these old pst files Outlook freezes. Same thing happens if I copy a message from the old pst into the new account and attempt to read the message ... Outlook freezes. I can open Sent messages that originated from the new email account, though. Very odd and frust...

Outlook #311
on starting outlook error message "can not open entend.dat" There is no entend.dat but there is an extend.dat. Rename your file to = ..old and Outlook will build a new correct one when you reopen it. = (Rename with Outlook closed, of course) --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Tim asked: | on starting outlook error message "can not open entend.dat" ...

Outlook opening errors
Hello. A few months ago I was running Outlook 2000 without any problems. I installed a plug-in from Incredimail. After a coupla weeks, Outlook crashed.....never to return. It messed up Windows XP Pro and I had to restore from a previous date to get WinXP working. I have been working off and on to try to get Outlook to work. Surfing the internet I got several suggestions. I installed MS Office XP and Outlook XP thinking it would over write my problems but it doesn't. I now have this problem: When I click on the startmenu Icon or the task bar Icon, Outlook will start with a "config...

Sending emails using access & outlook on citrix
We've recently switched our users over to citrix and now ever since then none of the email functions I have in my database are working. Prior to the switch the users had outlook on their desktops and when using the database they would trigger emails via command buttons, etc. It would then use there outlook to send the emails. Now that we're on citrix this function no longer works. Nothing has changed except for the users outlook is now on the citrix server instead of their desktop. How do I get this functionality back? Is there something special I need to do? More than like...

Outlook password #2
I want to setup a login password for Outlook 2000 upon opening. I know this can be done. I have done it, but have forgotten how. ...

How to use Word 2000 as e-mail editor in Outlook 2003
Hello all, With the purchase of SBS 2003 Server came the ClientApps install of Outlook 2003. This upgraded all of the Outlook 2000's but now Word 2000 can't be used as the e-mail editor. The spot is greyed out and says Word 2003 for Editor. This has cost us our ability to fax out of Outlook since Word must be the editor for that function. Has anyone else encountered this and found a fix? Thanks, Todd There is no fix - Word and Outlook versions must match for automation to work - it has always been this way. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group ...

Read Newsgroup
Hi. How Can I read and write to newsgroups from MS Outlook 2003. Now I'm writing from Outlook Express. Thanks for answers. Markk wrote: || Hi. || How Can I read and write to newsgroups from || MS Outlook 2003. Now I'm writing from Outlook Express. || Thanks for answers. You can't unless a) you use a third-party add-on or b) you are in an exchange environment and there are public folders set up. Outlook calls OE for newsreading under all other circumstances -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk Express is the news reade...

Outlook 2002 #215
When I print my e-mails, I used to get the From:, Sent:, To:, Cc: and the other headings in my header. Now, all I get is the body of the message. ...

WinXP Outlook 2003: Unable to Export Contacts to CSV File
Something odd is going on. When I try to export Contacts (File-Import/Export-Outlook...-Export to a file-Comma Seperated Values (Windows) The only folder to export from is an obscure PST file I created a few years back, at the same time I created many other PST files, all of which are in the same location, noe of which show up - only this one. Why can I only see one PST file? Why can't I see anything related to a Contacts file? Windows Explorer has been taking forever to show folders lately,and I've been getting periodic error messages stating: "svchost.exe - Applicatio...

encrypt Outlook Password only
I have seen a lot about encrypting messages but cannot find anything on encrypting my Outlook 2003 email password. I can observe on a network sniffer my account name and password getting sent in plain text to my ISP every 10 minutes. I know that I could check the "Require SSL..." box IF my ISP used that, but since they don't, is there anything I can do to keep this from going out? Thanks in advance. ...

Outlook 2003 #161
In my INBOX column Outlook is putting a divider in the list, TODAY, THIS WEEK, LAST WEEK, LAST MONTH, ETC. Is there a way to eliminate this divider so that I just have my inbox list? Thanks In the Inbox column right click the Arranged By field and uncheck "Show in Groups" "Gary Duarte" <gjduarte@gjdesktopsolutions.com> wrote in message news:aef001c436b4$33c88910$a501280a@phx.gbl... > In my INBOX column Outlook is putting a divider in the > list, TODAY, THIS WEEK, LAST WEEK, LAST MONTH, ETC. > > Is there a way to eliminate this divider so that I just &...

outlook today #26
Outlook today will not be the default start up page even when it is checked in "Customize Outlook Today..." or in Options - Other - Advanced Options. Also, Notes Folder in Outlook Today does not keep count but rather remains at zero no matter how many notes are in the notes folder. Any help on this? Hi, The following steps might help you resolve the issue: 1. Goto Customize Outlook Today and the select the option, " When starting, go directly to Outlook Today ". 2. Goto Tools --> Options --> Other --> Advanced Options and select the option, " Start...

FRX 6.7 SP2 and Windows Server 2003 SP1
FRX 6.7 SP2 stops working when Windows Server 2003 SP1 (Updates has been installed. Is FRX 6.7 compatible with Windows Server 2003 SP1. Has someone encountered this issue before. Thanks Elmer ...

Outlook bar folders
"I'm trying to make the last folder on the outlook bar be the first folder in viewing and have it displayed when the program open...": Is it a folder or a group and if its a group is it one of the default groups. If a folder you can drag it into position if its a default group check out http://support.microsoft.com?scid=kb;EN-US;Q198012 "Tina Taylor" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c3901c3db6a$b686a6c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > "I'm trying to make the last folder on the outlook bar be > the first folder in viewing and hav...

Exporting inbox in Outlook XP
I am running Windows XP and Office XP on my system. Before reinstalling Windows I made a backup of all my folders in Outlook (XP/2002). The encrypt data option was defaultly selected so I though it was a good idea for data protection. After I reinstalled the whole system I have tried to import my backup of my Outlook - For the record installed Win XP and Office XP. It came up with an error (which unfortunately I cannot remeber now because I am working on a different system). After various attmeps I have figured out that you can not import any data into another installation of Outloo...

When Outlook 2003 Opens...Word Opens
Hi, Every time I open Outlook 2003 on my XP Pro machine it also opens Microsoft Word...and a tray icon says "outlook is synchronizing folders". How do I stop Word from launching? Thanks in advance, Paul Don't set Word as your e-mail editor in Tools-> Options-> tab Mail Format -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Paul Reed" <prreed@jacksonreed.com> wrote in message news:ugty1In9EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... &...

Outlook Contacts disappearing
The CEO's secretary has editor access to his Contacts (Outlook 2000). She is the one who updates his data on a regular basis. Sometimes, she will type them in and save them. A few seconds later, they will disappear right before her eyes. They are not in the deleted items folder. He is not simultaneously editing the contacts. Any ideas? ...

IMporting email from OE5 (or 6?)
I used OE6 on my old Toshiba Satellite and saved 31mb of emails pertaining to my Urban Search and Rescue Task Force from Jan 2002. When I got my new Dell Inspiron, I installed Earthlink's "Total Access" and successfully imported the entire file [INTF-1.dbx] into Earthlink's Total Access (which looks suspiciously like Outlook Express!) I decided I didn't like TA, so I tried to import the INTF-1.dbx file in my new OE6, with no luck. OE6 doesn't recognize the .dbx file as E-mail, although all the files in OE6 are .dbx files. I copied the INTF-1.dbx file into the...

Untrack Outlook email from CRM
Hi all, Do you know of a way to untrack emails from CRM when I am using Outlook 2003? There is an answer posted but it's only valid for Outlook 2007. If you click on the Track button on an email by mistake, you're stuck! http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.crm/browse_thread/thread/57147a28f071730d/d854f106e72d5491?lnk=gst&q=untrack&rnum=1&hl=en#d854f106e72d5491 Thanks, Mohamed Hi, There is not really a way to 'untrack' in Outlook 2003, but there is a workaround. Step 1) Open the email activity in CRM and delete it (do NOT delete the email in Ou...

Outlook error 0x80042109
I=92m getting an Outlook error 0x80042109 on only one of my email accounts. I am able to send and receive email from my Verizon account, but my home business account is only able to receive. This just started happening in the past week. I have tried the following: 1. It is NOT the home business account servers. I=92m able to send via webmail and I created the same account on a different computer and network and everything worked. 2. There are no viruses, ad/spy/malware on the machine. 3. Won=92t send with antivirus software on or off (Norton Corp Edition). 4. Firewall SMTP ports are open ...

How do I make Outlook look like Outlook Express?
I find the Outlook window too crowded; the Outlook Express window is simpler. How can I configure Outlook to look like Outlook Express? I've used the Navigator Pane options to hide what I don't want to see. ALso, how do I get back newsgroups? Thanks There really isn't a good way to do this. Outlook and Outlook Express are completely different programs and they are designed for the needs of different audiences; you'd have just as much trouble trying to make OE look like Outlook. As to the News command, go to the Programs tab in 'Control Panel|Internet Options' a...